EVGA

Modern Warfare 2: IWNET

Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 6 of 8
Author
thisguybk
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 09:36:05 (permalink)
Dan Graves
Ruin pc gaming ?
You must be joking.
Anyone who pirates this lump of flaming **** is a hero.
Because let's face it, pc gamers just got a big f*** you from Activision on this one.
I say the best we can do now is give them an even bigger 2 finger salute in return, and refuse to buy another game from them, perhaps even pirate the **** out of all their games, to show them that they depend on us more then we depend on them.
There are more then enough other developers out there who do care for the pc gamers, i say we should support them, and show Activision just how much power the pc gaming community has.

Then again, as long as there are moronic fanboys who still buy the game because it looks good and plays ok for a console port, and they get enough sales, the scum @ Activision won't feel the need to change their ways.

Hell, i say the people who still buy this game are the ones ruining pc gaming.
To them i say : Do the noble thing and give your gaming gear to a younger generation or something, cause no real self respecting person with principals would buy into this ****.

crazyg0od33
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2085
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 09:50:05 (permalink)
I think people need to relax a little bit.
I understand and sympathize with everything you are saying, but you dont need to jump down the throats of those who buy the game.  It is a great game, even though they dont have dedicated servers .
I think that whether they changed things or not, just because some people disagree with the dev. decisions doesnt mean that nobody is allowed to enjoy a great game when it comes out
S1N1STER
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 193
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 09:50:25 (permalink)
Personally I can't wait for Modern Warfare 3:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare

thorimmortal
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 901
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 09:58:36 (permalink)
I am standing strong on my boycott to not purchase any thing from activision or Iw, but that is as far as it goes, I choose not to do business with them. By pirating the game that only adds to the problem, retaliation or delusions of grandeur on either part poisons the waters.
The way I see it if I choose not to purchase any of their products or support them this hurts the bottom line, and they may change their view, it may not be a huge kick in the pants but they will still evaluate your input.
 If you get mad and pirate they will not recognize your claims and just look at you as a thief(Pc community as a whole we always get blamed) ,no more Pc games could be the end result.
Just my opinion,  nothing more.

merc.man87
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2422
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:00:21 (permalink)
Pretty soon, the will take out mouse support out of this game for the Pc. And when direct 13 is out, the will only code on directx 9 for us Pc gamers.

thisguybk
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:03:38 (permalink)
pc gamers aren't the only one who pirate games
there's a lot of cracked 360's out there with pirated games as well
pc gamers arent the only ones to blame

Rukian
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1273
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:07:24 (permalink)
I agreed with thorim. If you doing a boycott then just don't buy it. By pirating, It just like you put more oil into burning flame. Game makers will end up give pc gamers those poor ports. EA and Dice got a lesson. They said bad company 2 will support dedicated server ect ect. But did you notice from the times they got the sim 3 leaked. They make less and less games for PC. They put more games in console instead.
fuzzynavel
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:18:17 (permalink)
Well so far I have enjoyed the game. I like the new perks and challenges. I mean sure no dedicated servers but this game is still one of the best.

thorimmortal
SSC Member
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:22:38 (permalink)
thisguybk

I understand that, but who do the publishers always blame and how is the content distributed? PC. so who is to blame in their eyes?
My focus is how are you going to convey your concern with a company's product, while your stealing from them at the same time? (not you personally the people that choose to pirate)
I have supported activision for over 20 years and still own the product. my support stops with this release. I signed the petition and only one time. although I intended to purchase on multiple platforms, I should have signed it for every copy I intended to buy. 
teng247
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1659
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:24:30 (permalink)
thisguybk

+1 and no i dont mind if you take the picture, pass it around

I know tons of people who mod there 360's yet us PC gamers get the bad wrap for it.  Im not downplaying people with consoles since i have a 360 and a ps3, but i prefer to play fps's on the pc w/ dedicated servers.  IWNET may not be bad for all of you who bought it but just wait until you have to pay for new maps and updates.  Then you'll be singing a different tune. 

Im not trying to jump down the throats of all the people who bought it, im sure its a great game, but I will not support a company who gives me less features for more $$$. 

White Corsair 800D
EVGA X58 Classified 760
Intel i7 930 @ 4.00Ghz w/ EK Supreme HF
12GB (6x2GB) Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz 
EVGA GTX 480
Corsair 1000HX
1TB WD Caviar Black
HEATWARE 

thisguybk
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 10:31:59 (permalink)
yeah i own a ps3 myself but i generally only buy fps for pc because nothing beats a mouse and keyboard (besides killzone 2 which is exclusive) mw2 is just a straight up port. these "custom features" are complete bs, what computer game doesn't have graphic settings or mouse control? they dont even give us the option to view ping anymore. i've supported activision since tony hawk's pro skater but it stops now. 60 dollars for a game that has a shorter sp and worse mp than cod4 is complete bull****

Dan Graves
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 11:19:51 (permalink)
thorimmortal
If you get mad and pirate they will not recognize your claims and just look at you as a thief(Pc community as a whole we always get blamed) ,no more Pc games could be the end result.

The way things are going with Activision/Blizzard, i fail to see how that would be bad for pc gamers.
Crappy console ports, unrealistically high prices, bad multiplayer models, no mod support/stealing ideas from the modding community...
It would hurt Activisions bottom line a lot more (think millions) then it would hurt pc gamers if they stopped publishing for pc alltogether (how many titels do they put out each year anyway?), since Activision/Blizzard is hardly the only company out there selling games.
Besides that, if the pc community gives off a strong enough signal, game devs might choose not to do business with Activision/Blizzard anymore.
This can only be beneficial for us, and a VERY painful lesson for them.

Gametag : BitsOfSkin (use that one everywhere).
Case : Modified HAF 932
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 || CPU : i7 3820 @ 4.2Ghz
RAM : Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K3/12G
PSU : Corsair TX750 || GPU : EVGA GTX 660 3GB SC Signature 2
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 12:52:11 (permalink)
I'm not worried about it. To me the game is dead, sense I don't play console at all. People won't continue to spend this kind of money for a junk on-line games for PC when the competition is making far better on-line games. IW will either come up to the standard for PC or stick to consoles and forget PC IMO. The PC is a small amount of market share as a whole compared to all the consoles, but that doesn't mean the PC market is chump change either. So, there will be companies willing to make good pc games in response, but PLEASE don't pirate. That doesn't help anyone. Let them make thier console game.

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
swfan654
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 370
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 13:31:31 (permalink)
My money will be saved for EA on Bad Company 2. 

I mean, in this day and age 6vs6 is incredibly ridiculous. 
Beatinguts
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 13:40:39 (permalink)
There are few developers that can put together games of this quality. For every great game that comes along there are 20 worthless games. Sure, MW2's "full potential" was lost and some expectations were not meet, but its a great game by today's standards.

The point is they have talent and there is no reason to try and boycott or punish them. Why hurt the guys who produce the "1 in 20" powerhouse titles? Its childish and hurts the gaming community.

gonsa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 227
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 13:48:21 (permalink)
yeah, BFBC2 FTW!!

Case: Lian Li OD 11 | Mobo: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi | CPU: AMD 3700X | Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | Graphics Card: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB | PSU: SuperNOVA G2 1000W | Sound Speakers: Creative Inspire T3100 | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Monitor: LG 34GN850-B 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz
thorimmortal
SSC Member
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 13:53:01 (permalink)
Dan Graves

thorimmortal

The way things are going with Activision/Blizzard, i fail to see how that would be bad for pc gamers.
Crappy console ports, unrealistically high prices, bad multiplayer models, no mod support/stealing ideas from the modding community...
It would hurt Activisions bottom line a lot more (think millions) then it would hurt pc gamers if they stopped publishing for pc alltogether (how many titels do they put out each year anyway?), since Activision/Blizzard is hardly the only company out there selling games.
Besides that, if the pc community gives off a strong enough signal, game devs might choose not to do business with Activision/Blizzard anymore.
This can only be beneficial for us, and a VERY painful lesson for them.

Not to start an argument or any thing, we are fighting for the same resolution here. But would you walk into the store and flagrantly take a copy off of the shelf and walk out the door with it, while telling every one that it is for the greater good? Or walk into some random persons home and take their stuff with claims of the same nature?  Being touted as a thief is defiantly not an attribute I would like on my resume, just for the sake of this friendly discussion, go tell your employer that you steal software behind the mask of the interweb for the greater good of mankind. No job could be the end result.

I think if you’re that stead fast on taking a copy, go direct. Walk in the front doors of IW and demand what you want and if they don’t give it to you take it by any means necessary. That is how a real pirate does business! By force! not by sneaking around and hiding in the shadows. That would be a thief. 

I can see your point but I can’t justify taking something that doesn’t belong to me. Pirating also invokes nasty things like secure rom, so in turn now I have the prying eyes keeping track of me, installing a non removable root kit, not to mention dumbing down my Pc while robbing resources out side of the game and telling me what I can or cant do with the software I legitimately own. How is this good? (Who do I thank for this act of contributing to my Pc gaming experience?)

Activision has been around for a long time, how many titles a year? How many in 30+ years? I don’t think they are going anywhere, and where they are is due to what they have done for the gaming community as a whole, im not justifying what they are doing by any means, just looking at it from a different angle. As for pricing how long have you been buying games? $50 has been the price point for years and years until M$ started in with the $60 point less than 5 years ago, I’m glad to see that the inflation has only risen $10 and hasn’t matched the rest of the economic increases. The first game I went out and purchased out or my own pocket was 720 for Nintendo and I specifically remember it being $50(I think I may still have the box with the price on it,lol) I think the painful lesson is the one that keeps getting thrown back in face of the gamers that pay for the software they use, due to some one playing robin hood when the truth is its an excuse to steal for their own benefit.
Once again no flame intended nor do I wish to upset any one. just my .02

post edited by thorimmortal - 2009/11/10 13:55:09
rjkreigh
  • Total Posts : 85
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 13:56:10 (permalink)

Just finished the game. It's an amazing piece of work. Numerous times I found myself saying OMG out loud, followed by my jaw dropping. IMO it's one of the best FPS I've ever played.
clodzilla319
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 13:56:59 (permalink)
 dont think it matters what most do... the sales figures for the release of the game will no doubt be Huge.

PC gaming can and will survive...

The "Mad Sausage V"
Antec Nine-Hundred case....
ASUS M4N72-E
AMD PhenomII 940 x4 @3.5Ghz @1.42v
EVGA GTX260 Core216 @ 771/1584/1225
OCZ Reaper 800Mhz 8Gb @4-4-4-12 @2.2v
Corsair tx650w
Zalman CNPS9900Led Cooler <New!
WD Caviarblack 500Gb 32Mb cache HDD
Samsung DVD-CD burner
HP w2207h 22" monitor
Logitech MX400/G13/X-540 Spkrs
more crap to come.....
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 14:33:39 (permalink)
rjkreigh

Just finished the game. It's an amazing piece of work. Numerous times I found myself saying OMG out loud, followed by my jaw dropping. IMO it's one of the best FPS I've ever played.

How long is the game? I'm thinking it's at least a 60% on-line game 40% SP, compare to COD4 please. What made this game popular and so great in the past was the on-line play. What made Crysis so great was was the SP... now what mean.

FYI for everyone, I think I read in Nvision that BFBC2 was going to be DX11...anyone know?

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
Dan Graves
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 14:40:49 (permalink)
@ thorimmortal : if they'd put the discs in the boxes that are on the shelves, I WOULD. ARRRR !
Ok, jokes aside, you might not agree with me, but i'm not going to play the whole right/wrong game again.
In this country (Holland), downloading "illegal" content does not = stealing.
It's not even considered illegal.
It's considered the same as making a copy and giving it to friends : as long as it isn't done for a fee (like selling pirated copies), it's legal.
And for the record, my boss, and all my coworkers all download stuff off the net, from games to music and movies, it's a frequent topic on our internal BBS even.

All that aside, i won't be downloading (legally or "illegally") any of Activision's games for more simple reasons : i don't feel the need to play them, unlike many others here.
MW2 will pass me by because i don't care for another FPS right now, especially not a watered down console port, no matter how good it looks.
Nor will i be buying the new starcraft or diablo games, unles i see a drastic change in Activision's policy... or if Blizzard splits back off into a seperate corp again, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Also, something to keep in mind : when i mentioned "perhaps even pirate the **** out of all their games", that doesn't imply I will be doing that, i was implying it might be a route people could/would take to get a message across.
And it beautifully stirs up the age old piracy debate, which still comes down to local laws, which in many countries means it's not a crime at all.

As for game prices, living in europe means i pay almost double of what i used to pay in the U.S.
These days, if i can get a game off direct2drive, i get it there because it saves me up to €40 per game.
Think about that for a second.
€40.
That's almost $60.
That's what most games cost retail in the U.S.
And i won't even go into Steam's $1 = €1 policy, because i still can't debate that without getting very angry, and that wouldn't help this discussion one bit, not to mention, i, like you, don't want to turn this whole thread into a flamewar or anything, because keeping it civilized might lead to an interesting (although perhaps at times somewhat heated) debate.
post edited by Dan Graves - 2009/11/10 14:50:20

Gametag : BitsOfSkin (use that one everywhere).
Case : Modified HAF 932
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 || CPU : i7 3820 @ 4.2Ghz
RAM : Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K3/12G
PSU : Corsair TX750 || GPU : EVGA GTX 660 3GB SC Signature 2
Bernard17
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1641
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 15:30:00 (permalink)
yea i still like it, having a lot of fun with it.  no ded servers sucks and low player count in mp but the maps have been changed to accomidate for that.  smaller maps all around, but so not much as u are running to to enemies all the time.  liking sp and mp so far

Ryzen 5900X|G.Skill FlareX 3200@3400  CL14|EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW Ultra

jingiko
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1517
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/10 18:04:20 (permalink)
my jaw dropped at day 3!
Franky
  • Total Posts : 70
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 00:37:41 (permalink)

gonsa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 227
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 01:30:49 (permalink)
Franky

P2P in all it's glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo

OMG!!

some of the comments there say it all.

Case: Lian Li OD 11 | Mobo: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi | CPU: AMD 3700X | Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | Graphics Card: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB | PSU: SuperNOVA G2 1000W | Sound Speakers: Creative Inspire T3100 | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Monitor: LG 34GN850-B 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz
s14sh3r
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 242
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 05:34:33 (permalink)
gonsa

Franky

P2P in all it's glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo

OMG!!

some of the comments there say it all.

That's crazy. There should be a minimum bandwidth allowed to host. My connection is only 700kbs, and it's the fastest I can get where I live. It would definitely lag if I had to host a game.

i7 920 D0
EVGA X58 758
TRUE with push/pull cooler master fans
6gb Corsair XMS3
GTX 295
Corsair HX850
2x150gb WD Velociraptor Raid 0 + 640gb WD Caviar
Antec 1200

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=67220

woodwolf
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Ribbons : 13
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 07:55:43 (permalink)
Hacks are already out for MW2.  Unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...eature=player_embedded

Mobo: EVGA X58
CPU: I7 920
GPU: EVGA GTX 280 SLI
Ram: Corsair Dominator 1600 6GB
HD: Intel x25-m / Seagate 250 GB
SC: Creative X-Fi
PSU: Corsair HX1000
Mon: Dell 3007
Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
O/S: Win 7
CPU and GPU's on water

thisguybk
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 08:02:43 (permalink)
good decision taking out pb and the ability to kick players

fanboy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2811
  • Ribbons : 9
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 08:32:35 (permalink)
Some of us are true Hardcore PC gamings and we made a stand for what we thought was owned to us and boycotted the game and signed .. The people saying it will not make a differents are wrong as we now have a Gaming Company that will kiss the ground we walk on and give us anything we want [EA/DICE] and the ture Hardcore Gamers that held the boycott got this done for PC gamers and not the weak souls that are buying MW2 for PC as you have crossed the battle line..

Dice even displayed a letter wrote to them from a PC gamer with a $60 check wrote out to Dice to be used in anyway they saw fit.. the gamer when on to say it was the money they had set back to buy MW2 and was no longer buying it for the way IW turned it's back to the PC Gamer.. thats Hard Core..
post edited by fanboy - 2009/11/11 08:39:14

Xeon X5660 6core 
Evga  E758  X58  3 way Sli A1 rev 1.2
OCZ Gold DRR3 1600Mhz 6Gb 
WD Black 500Gb 32Mb  
CX Sapphire R9-280 
Corsair  TX Series CMPSU-950TX 950W
Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 

xiinn
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:Modern Warfare 2: IWNET 2009/11/11 08:57:06 (permalink)
fanboy

Some of us are true Hardcore PC gamings and we made a stand for what we thought was owned to us and boycotted the game and signed .. The people saying it will not make a differents are wrong as we now have a Gaming Company that will kiss the ground we walk on and give us anything we want [EA/DICE] and the ture Hardcore Gamers that held the boycott got this done for PC gamers and not the weak souls that are buying MW2 for PC as you have crossed the battle line..

Dice even displayed a letter wrote to them from a PC gamer with a $60 check wrote out to Dice to be used in anyway they saw fit.. the gamer when on to say it was the money they had set back to buy MW2 and was no longer buying it for the way IW turned it's back to the PC Gamer.. thats Hard Core..

You are so RIGHT ABOUT THIS. I have attached a link below which shows the actual letter and check to D.I.C.E. I already pre-ordered this game and I am very glad that the company is looking out for PC Gamers :)

Link : http://blogs.battlefield..../Check_5F00_Blog01.jpg

Xiinn. 
Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 6 of 8
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile