EVGA

Intel Perfornace Maximizer Over Clocking software issue with EVGA closed Loop cooling

Author
jmazzella
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/07/18 14:18:53 (permalink)
Recommendation needed...

Problem - Intel's Performance Maximizer OC software does not run in windows thus bypassing EVGA's closed loop liquid cooling software that monitors the CPU temp and adjust fan and circulation accordingly.  This is causing the pump and fan to not spin up while the software attempts to overclock and stress test the new setting.

My first run resulted in the automatic OC tuning program saying that I don't have enough cooling to overclock.

I currently have the cooler flow and fan speed set to auto, but I am going to try to set the speed manually to about 50% fan and flow capacity in the windows utility hoping that the settings will somehow work when Windows is not booted. (I'm not optimistic).

I'm looking for a better solution with my EVGA cooler as this is my first time attempting to overclock anything. I figured this program would do the best job in getting the most out of my rig.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help,
-JM

EVGA x299 mobo
i9-10900x cpu w/16 gig ram
EVGA 1660Ti

post edited by jmazzella - 2022/07/18 14:25:48

3 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Intel Perfornace Maximizer Over Clocking software issue with EVGA closed Loop cooling 2022/07/18 19:53:42 (permalink)
    I suggest using Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut which is a high performance liquid metal themal compound..It's wonderful stuff for maximum heat transfer from the CPU to the cooler's cold plate..I love it and I'll never use any conventional TIM/paste again.

Also set the CPU voltage as low as possible while still maintaining stability..More voltage means more heat..BIOS and overclocking utilities usually apply way more CPU voltage than needed..Read some online overclocking tutorials for your CPU.

Welcome to the forums, by the way..Be sure to read the Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members in the General Discussion section.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Intel Perfornace Maximizer Over Clocking software issue with EVGA closed Loop cooling 2022/08/15 13:40:19 (permalink)
    bob16314
    I suggest using Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut which is a high performance liquid metal themal compound..It's wonderful stuff for maximum heat transfer from the CPU to the cooler's cold plate..I love it and I'll never use any conventional TIM/paste again.

You just have to be REALLY careful with that stuff. It's conductive, so if you get it pretty much anywhere other than on the proc (or if there's too much and it leaks out the side(s), it might short out your board.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    BiggyNewton
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 145
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Intel Perfornace Maximizer Over Clocking software issue with EVGA closed Loop cooling 2022/08/19 09:25:44 (permalink)
    Yes Conductonaut is generally not worth using imo unless you delid/reseal.  It does not clean up as easy and as Biz said can easily cause shorts if you get it on anything you don't want.  It can also cause transistors/caps to come off.

Associate code: EKA5I8R4C7M401L
    Thanks to anyone using my code!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile