EVGA

Helpful ReplyIncorrect recaptcha on login

Author
MDawgTV
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/22 14:32:31 (permalink)
So I got my email today to buy my card and every time I try to login to the site with my correct details so I can buy it just keeps telling me “incorrect recaptcha”. But I’m not even being given one to do. Why does EVGA not want me to get my card I’ve waited a year for? I know the details are right...because I’m here. It just won’t let me login on the retail site.what do I do?
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21180
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Incorrect recaptcha on login 2021/09/22 14:36:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby XrayMan 2021/09/22 19:22:41
You should probably call EVGA before they close for the business day, rather than ask us fellow users.
https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

BTW, the new reCapthcha is hidden. Google decides the probability that you are a bot based on their own proprietary metrics. You won't see anything to click or solve. It will just decide.  How it works is a closely guarded secret.  Google doesn't want anyone to know, because then bot programs could trick it.  It might take into account how fast you are able to click things in a given time period.  It might take into account how your mouse moves.  We don't know.  All we know is that EVGA asks Google whether you are a human or a bot via the Google reCaptcha API, and Google responds back with a probability.

Things that may foul you up is using a VPN, having cookies disabled, using anti-tracking protection built into a browser or in a browser plugin, using a new browser which you don't use often, etcetera. Basically, you need to use a browser with some good historical human interaction data which Google is allowed access to for the Google reCaptcha process to judge.

Websites can decide how strict their bot protection needs to be. In other words, they can choose the maximum bot probability which is allowed to pass or fail the check. This means, you may be able to log into the EVGA forums due to EVGA choosing a lower requirement for this forum, but not allow you to log into the EVGA store due to EVGA choosing a higher requirement there. Or, the EVGA store may just be set up wrong and not working; I don't know.

Contact EVGA. ;)
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/09/22 21:13:50

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

MDawgTV
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Incorrect recaptcha on login 2021/09/22 15:08:17 (permalink)
Solid response thanks. I figured I was past business so maybe I’d catch an employee here that would see my problem. I see they changed the time limit to 20 hours so I’m not stressing yet.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile