Helpful ReplyImportant Update to the EVGA Associates Program

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Cancel077
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 187
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 13:40:31 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hoggle
Nereus
Which brings to mind the next question - will these cash payouts be considered taxable income and reported to IRS?

Any income from any source would need to be reported to the IRS as income.

With regards to taxes, here's what we have in our Terms:
  • Members who tender at least 1200 EVGA Bucks ($600 or more) will be provided an IRS 1099 form. This form must be filled out by participant and provided back to EVGA within 10 days to participate in the exchange process. As a reminder, all EVGA Bucks must be exchanged at once, and cannot be exchanged in partial amounts over a period of time. Failure to submit a complete and accurate IRS 1099 form will result in exclusion from the Program.
Anything below $600USD you would be expected to report yourself.

Can we use the EVGA bucks to buy a product and then the remaining amount to exchange to USD?

Please use my Associate Code for up to 10% discounts on your EVGA purchases at the checkout: 8IT954OVFQ17LN9

GPUS - In stock only

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 13:44:50 (permalink)
Cancel077
EVGATech_LeeM
Hoggle
Nereus
Which brings to mind the next question - will these cash payouts be considered taxable income and reported to IRS?

• Members who tender at least 1200 EVGA Bucks ($600 or more) will be provided an IRS 1099 form. This form must be filled out by participant and provided back to EVGA within 10 days to participate in the exchange process. As a reminder, all EVGA Bucks must be exchanged at once, and cannot be exchanged in partial amounts over a period of time. Failure to submit a complete and accurate IRS 1099 form will result in exclusion from the Program.

Can we use the EVGA bucks to buy a product and then the remaining amount to exchange to USD?

EVGA Bucks can still be used on store purchases the same way they've always been until September 13th.  Until that time, you can use any or all of your EVGA Bucks on the store, and then elect to convert to cash the remainder on the last day the promotion is available. 

What you cannot do is request conversion and then spend EVGA Bucks you don't have.  I know that sounds dumb, but I just want people to understand that you don't have to make a decision today about what you want to do with your EVGA Bucks.
Cancel077
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 187
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 14:08:55 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Cancel077
EVGATech_LeeM
Hoggle
Nereus

EVGA Bucks can still be used on store purchases the same way they've always been until September 13th.  Until that time, you can use any or all of your EVGA Bucks on the store, and then elect to convert to cash the remainder on the last day the promotion is available. 

What you cannot do is request conversion and then spend EVGA Bucks you don't have.  I know that sounds dumb, but I just want people to understand that you don't have to make a decision today about what you want to do with your EVGA Bucks.

Yeah it makes sense! Thanks for the quick response!

It would be great obviously if EVGA extends the deadline past the 90 days, say end of the year and will allow us to use it for the 40 series like some have been waiting. But I completely understand and have no grudge against EVGA or anyone at that. I will still only be buying EVGA lol.

Thanks for the response!

Please use my Associate Code for up to 10% discounts on your EVGA purchases at the checkout: 8IT954OVFQ17LN9

GPUS - In stock only

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 15:06:35 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Cancel077
EVGATech_LeeM
Hoggle
Nereus

It's also important for people to realize though that if they want EVGA products it's possible that they could find those sold out as it gets closer to September 13th and a rush of people cash out the EVGA bucks for products. The one question I have though is for people with over 1200+ EVGA bucks ($600 or more) would they have to submit the IRS 1099 before September 13th so like September 3rd to give the 10 days or can they submit for the cash out option on the 13th and just have to have the IRS 1099 in by September 23rd for the money to be issued?

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 15:52:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2022/07/01 09:38:00
Hoggle
EVGATech_LeeM
Cancel077
EVGATech_LeeM
Hoggle
Nereus

It's also important for people to realize though that if they want EVGA products it's possible that they could find those sold out as it gets closer to September 13th and a rush of people cash out the EVGA bucks for products. The one question I have though is for people with over 1200+ EVGA bucks ($600 or more) would they have to submit the IRS 1099 before September 13th so like September 3rd to give the 10 days or can they submit for the cash out option on the 13th and just have to have the IRS 1099 in by September 23rd for the money to be issued?

It's 10 days from the time you put in for your conversion.  We will still be processing payments no later than October 13, 2022, so there is still some time to get your 1099 filled out, if applicable.  If you've decided on what you want to do with your EVGA Bucks we don't recommend waiting until the last minute, but feel free to take some time to determine what you'd like to do.
frankd3
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 512
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 16:59:50 (permalink)
enewt

My best guess is that EVGA sales direct to consumers via the online storefront became a greater portion of their overall sales than originally anticipated (due to the supply constraints, increased in pandemic-related demand, etc.) and the growing volume of outstanding EVGA Bucks was creating a problem for the bean counters. Direct sales to consumers = benefit to EVGA. Huge impairment on the books due to outstanding EVGA bucks = not as good.  A 2:1 valuation for the EVGA Bucks seems more than reasonable…so kudos to EVGA for seeing the program through to the end; well done!

You're assessment of the business makes it all clear. I came late to the program but I can see it helped to build a nice community.
You're role in it and the other helpful people made the queue tolerable and made me look forward to checking the forum every day.
I looked forward to your daily stories as I waited for my spot to be called.

You know, I still pronounce E-V-G-A as ev-ga
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 17:06:20 (permalink)
Thanks for the kind words.

enewt jr. remains adamant that it is the only correct pronunciation.

As an aside, with this morning’s news, I changed into the “I survived the queue” EVGA shirt. It has been a constant reminder today of the ride we’ve been on.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 17:14:55 (permalink)
enewt
As an aside, with this morning’s news, I changed into the “I survived the queue” EVGA shirt. It has been a constant reminder today of the ride we’ve been on.

I was wearing mine today too.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 17:16:24 (permalink)
Niiiice!

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 17:27:08 (permalink)
While I didn’t exactly benefit from the associate program when it comes to bucks, so it is very nice to see that the discount will still apply and we can benefit from that.

I have been considering picking up an EVGA 1600 T2 anyway, and this will make it so that I almost have the entire thing covered in total, even if the 1600 is overpowered for what I need.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/13 17:32:34 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
While I didn’t exactly benefit from the associate program when it comes to bucks, so it is very nice to see that the discount will still apply and we can benefit from that.

I have been considering picking up an EVGA 1600 T2 anyway, and this will make it so that I almost have the entire thing covered in total, even if the 1600 is overpowered for what I need.

The 1600W T2 is on sale right now (instant rebate), down from $589 to $349, so your timing is great!

I have a 1000W T2 which has been ticking along flawlessly for the last 18 months. I'm tempted to get a new PSU just because the prices are heavily dropped, but it would be a bit pointless.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 00:59:10 (permalink)
It was great while it lasted
It set you apart as a corporation.
Thank You EVGA
Sorry you felt you needed to end the EVGA Bucks

mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 05:36:00 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hoggle
Nereus

How does this work for Canadians with 1200 EVGA Bucks or more?  I assume that EVGA will process the exchange without the IRS 1099 form?

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3326
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 06:20:34 (permalink)
Hey Lee, thanks for answering questions here. I just had one more for you, how long do you think it will take EVGA to send the payments to PayPal for the cash for bucks program? I know you said it would be no longer than October 13th, but what if we put it in right away? Will it happen sooner or do we all have to wait until October?

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
piggradio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 07:51:32 (permalink)
It's been a great program and a nice reward to everyone who is loyal to EVGA.  Thank you for keeping it running as long as you did and also thanks to everyone who used my code over the past couple of years.

Associate Code XX95PJN1T76IONP for discounts at the EVGA store.  Thanks to anyone who uses it.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 08:06:21 (permalink)
piggradio
It's been a great program and a nice reward to everyone who is loyal to EVGA.  Thank you for keeping it running as long as you did and also thanks to everyone who used my code over the past couple of years.

!target @piggradio with a handful of EVGA Bucks!

piggradio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 08:19:59 (permalink)
Nereus
piggradio

!target @piggradio with a handful of EVGA Bucks!

!target Nereus with a high five and a shoutout from Chippy.  :-)

Associate Code XX95PJN1T76IONP for discounts at the EVGA store.  Thanks to anyone who uses it.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 08:33:50 (permalink)

nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 08:44:04 (permalink)
Hopefully this will end a lot of drama on the forums

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 12:42:43 (permalink)
austin86
nomoss

There was drama related to the EVGA bucks/Associates program ?

Not honestly sure if that was a sarcastic reply, Austin, or a serious… so, if serious, yeah… if not serious.. nnaahhh, no drama at all.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 12:52:27 (permalink)
austin86
nomoss

Associate code spam threads.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/14 13:16:17 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
austin86
nomoss

Not honestly sure if that was a sarcastic reply, Austin, or a serious… so, if serious, yeah… if not serious.. nnaahhh, no drama at all.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/06/16 19:57:02

weasel333
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 354
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/15 09:21:20 (permalink)
THANK YOU EVGA!  
Thank you for the associate program! I will have to give up hoping for a 4000 card but am hoping a 2080Ti blower card (for my SFF build) will show up in b stock so I can use EVGA bucks for that. 

post edited by weasel333 - 2022/06/15 09:30:53

MY MINI-ITX BUILD       
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/15 09:32:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2022/07/01 09:38:27
We can still get the Buyers discount, including (NEW change) ---> those who are Associate Members

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/15 14:05:51 (permalink)
Nereus

LOL! And yes, it loaded before the image was removed, so my lol is referencing all parts of your post.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/06/15 14:27:26
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/16 19:52:06 (permalink)
This is massively positive news. Thank you EVGA for finally sunsetting this program which led to abuse and unhappiness.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/16 19:57:45 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

LOL! And yes, it loaded before the image was removed, so my lol is referencing all parts of your post.

Added it back for you   and here's a bonus one:

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/16 22:10:54 (permalink)

It was nice, but sadly comes to an end.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Rarshaiz
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/17 21:12:33 (permalink)
I really do not see why you are stopping the program. There were other ways to do this with out not rewarding us dedicated EVGA customers. For example why give the buyer 10% discount when you could give them 5% and the associate the other 5%. As it is now other then to get a 10% discount when making a purchase the code is useless.

I believe last year alone I had purchased $20k in products for myself and family members. Though, it was from the only place i could get them, MicroCenter.  The main reason I liked the program was because of the bucks. That way I did not have to ask my wife permission to purchase other items. Now that that is gone guess its time to close my associates account.

I was also sad when I could not purchase a mother board from EVGA or from any other place in the past 2 years. I had to use a competitors mother board.

I just hope that the customer service stays #1 in the industry and doesn't sunset like the bucks are.

Just my 2Cents.
post edited by Rarshaiz - 2022/06/17 21:15:18
mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/06/19 08:50:17 (permalink)
My understanding is that the Associates Program is not fully dead. It’s the EVGA bucks that has been retired. You can still use the codes if you are or not an Associate member. You can even use your own code, if I am not mistaken (but correct me if I am wrong on this statement).

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile