Helpful ReplyImportant Update to the EVGA Associates Program

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/07/15 10:12:58 (permalink)
Nereus

I'm still here, same as I've always been. I notice everyone's 'selfless' amphibian friend and hero has not posted in 2 weeks now. Funny that.

It was a lovely vacation, thanks for asking.

Nereus 
The discount codes still work btw, there's just no associated EVGA Bucks.

@CraptacularOne and others, I will note that at the start of the queues it really was a lot of work - I know this because I was the only person maintaining all those spreadsheet queues for several months during the busiest period in the whole queue nightmare; unfortunately 98% of people just couldn't be bothered entering their info (or they were incapable), so I did it for them - primarily because I got a bit OCD over it, and also because I wanted to know exactly where I was in the queues, although later people started using my code so I definitely appreciated that, and I shamelessly promoted it - and I also paid it forward.

After a few months, everyone's little reptilian hero (who wasn't even a forum member until September 2020) started helping update the spreadsheets, which I appreciated. Then the spreadsheets were hacked by some idiot who thought he should not have to wait in a queue. Suddenly our reptilian friend created new sheets with the old data and shut me and everyone else out. Later I saw he figured all he had to do was update the most recent posted notification and queue time and avoid almost all the spreadsheet work entirely, but still reap the benefits. Smart, particularly with all the cheerful but humble 'I'm doing it for you guys' posts, and his little anecdotes and all the rest of the bs that came with it. Of course he feigned innocence the one time I mentioned it.

A lot of disinformation in here -- too much to try to counter in a single readable post, but here goes: 

(1) I was participating in the 30 series thread from the beginning and was doing data entry from darn near the start, not "after a few months".  The thread was started on October 5 when the queues were announced. I think my first post to the thread was on October 5 or the morning of October 6.  I was already trying to help on October 7 (https://forums.evga.com/EVGAcom-30-Series-Queue-System-m3108092-p45.aspx).  So "months"...?  I don't think so.  If you are going to lie about my efforts, try to do it on a topic where there are not receipts.
(2) I didn't create new spreadsheets for data entry. I think you are referring to bradsour and brenden77 (I think those are their names); they later launched a .com with a privacy policy and everything....
(3) I was making a summary for myself. I posted it once to the thread and I started getting requests for it...so I kept posting it.
(4) You've taken issue with me and my efforts many more times than just once.

My first efforts at helping...remember that the thread started October 5 with the announcement of the queue system.

My first effort at a table summarizing the queues...notice it wasn't "months later" but approximately two weeks after the queue system announcement. 

Nereus 
The fact that the program ended and suddenly the guy hasn't posted for the last 2+ weeks should make it clear what his priorities were - and it sure af wasn't the altruism that was repeatedly claimed.

Sour grapes you might say? Sure, a little, but I also have a dislike of backstabbing manipulative two-faced people. 

I'm VERY thankful to EVGA for the program and people who used my code at the start, it made a lot of things possible for me that I could not have afforded otherwise, and I was able to help a few people out along the way.

And guess what - I'm still here.

I am still here too. 

I am not sure how I backstabbed or manipulated anybody. After the change to the program occurred, I still posted the summary...darn up until the day I left for vacation (admittedly the last few days prior to the flight are a bit of a blur but I think I posted that Monday or the prior Friday).  Regardless, I was posting well after the change was made...but it was pretty clear at that point that the balance of the queues were complete and that anybody who wanted a 30 series card could find one in a footprint that would work for their case directly from in-stock inventory; in fact, I was getting flack from some in the community for continuing to post the summary when "the queues were over".

I don't intend to engage in a back and forth on this...that's already happened a few times in the last 16 or so months....

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Important Update to the EVGA Associates Program 2022/07/15 13:04:09 (permalink)

enewt
Nereus

I'm still here, same as I've always been. I notice everyone's 'selfless' amphibian friend and hero has not posted in 2 weeks now. Funny that.

It was a lovely vacation, thanks for asking.

Nereus 
The discount codes still work btw, there's just no associated EVGA Bucks.

@CraptacularOne and others, I will note that at the start of the queues it really was a lot of work - I know this because I was the only person maintaining all those spreadsheet queues for several months during the busiest period in the whole queue nightmare; unfortunately 98% of people just couldn't be bothered entering their info (or they were incapable), so I did it for them - primarily because I got a bit OCD over it, and also because I wanted to know exactly where I was in the queues, although later people started using my code so I definitely appreciated that, and I shamelessly promoted it - and I also paid it forward.

After a few months, everyone's little reptilian hero (who wasn't even a forum member until September 2020) started helping update the spreadsheets, which I appreciated. Then the spreadsheets were hacked by some idiot who thought he should not have to wait in a queue. Suddenly our reptilian friend created new sheets with the old data and shut me and everyone else out. Later I saw he figured all he had to do was update the most recent posted notification and queue time and avoid almost all the spreadsheet work entirely, but still reap the benefits. Smart, particularly with all the cheerful but humble 'I'm doing it for you guys' posts, and his little anecdotes and all the rest of the bs that came with it. Of course he feigned innocence the one time I mentioned it.

A lot of disinformation in here -- too much to try to counter in a single readable post, but here goes: 

(1) I was participating in the 30 series thread from the beginning and was doing data entry from darn near the start, not "after a few months".  The thread was started on October 5 when the queues were announced. I think my first post to the thread was on October 5 or the morning of October 6.  I was already trying to help on October 7 (https://forums.evga.com/EVGAcom-30-Series-Queue-System-m3108092-p45.aspx).  So "months"...?  I don't think so.  If you are going to lie about my efforts, try to do it on a topic where there are not receipts.
(2) I didn't create new spreadsheets for data entry. I think you are referring to bradsour and brenden77 (I think those are their names); they later launched a .com with a privacy policy and everything....
(3) I was making a summary for myself. I posted it once to the thread and I started getting requests for it...so I kept posting it.
(4) You've taken issue with me and my efforts many more times than just once.

My first efforts at helping...remember that the thread started October 5 with the announcement of the queue system.

My first effort at a table summarizing the queues...notice it wasn't "months later" but approximately two weeks after the queue system announcement. 

Nereus 
The fact that the program ended and suddenly the guy hasn't posted for the last 2+ weeks should make it clear what his priorities were - and it sure af wasn't the altruism that was repeatedly claimed.

Sour grapes you might say? Sure, a little, but I also have a dislike of backstabbing manipulative two-faced people. 

I'm VERY thankful to EVGA for the program and people who used my code at the start, it made a lot of things possible for me that I could not have afforded otherwise, and I was able to help a few people out along the way.

And guess what - I'm still here.

I am still here too. 

I am not sure how I backstabbed or manipulated anybody. After the change to the program occurred, I still posted the summary...darn up until the day I left for vacation (admittedly the last few days prior to the flight are a bit of a blur but I think I posted that Monday or the prior Friday).  Regardless, I was posting well after the change was made...but it was pretty clear at that point that the balance of the queues were complete and that anybody who wanted a 30 series card could find one in a footprint that would work for their case directly from in-stock inventory; in fact, I was getting flack from some in the community for continuing to post the summary when "the queues were over".

I don't intend to engage in a back and forth on this...that's already happened a few times in the last 16 or so months....

I went back and looked - yes you are correct, you did start helping update the spreadsheet later in October, although the bulk of the entries were obviously right at the start when the queues began, and you weren't helping then. Many times I was asking for people to help, or to at least update the sheets themselves - a few people did, most people just posted their notify times on the thread and asked me to update the spreadsheets, which I did. It sure as hell felt like months on my own!

Go check through your PM's - I believe I even sent you a pm thanking you for helping to update the spreadsheets because it was becoming a huge job for one person to do after however long it had been  - but certainly the bulk of the queues were entered right at the start before you pitched in.

Btw, "participating in the thread" does not equal updating the spreadsheets.

So yes, I may have my time duration out - I wasn't getting much sleep trying to keep them all updated on my own back then, so what was maybe a month on my own sure felt like a lot longer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You definitely did create new spreadsheets - everyone was looking at them on a regular basis, including myself! Not sure how you can attempt to deny that - you even had them linked in your signature, until you started using a different summary-type method of tracking which avoided all the work of tracking individual queue positions. I'm not wasting my time going back through threads to prove it because most people are very well aware of it because they saw them with their own eyes! lol..

It was not that long ago (this year?) I finally posted to you publicly, and you feigned shock and replied with, "I didn't know you felt that way" - so please don't pretend that I've been posting about it all along.

Again, I was very thankful for the help (and even relieved), but I was not at all happy with the way I was pushed out, that is really what got me - and all the praise you 'humbly' accepted while never acknowledging that much of that initial data had been entered and compiled by someone else. That's really the crux of it.

It was unrelated to bradsour and brenden77 (or whatever their names were) - to my knowledge they started their stuff after you took over.

I really thought I was over this long ago, but recent events rekindled that frustration.. and that's when I said something to you about it (as mentioned a couple of paragraphs up).

Not much else I can say either. 

post edited by Nereus - 2022/07/15 13:07:01

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile