GTX 1080/TI stock ETA?

Page: << < ..101102103104105.. > >> Showing page 101 of 108
Author
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:15:25 (permalink)
ClaytonGaudry
does jacob usually give warning in the gpu section on when he’s gonna update the stock?

No but he will mention it when he does..

If you catch him posting up here for whatecer Read on it's usually because he's about to list some.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
racebum
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 153
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:16:12 (permalink)
ClaytonGaudry
why would they buy them up again if mining isn’t profitable?

miners aren't buying them. it's all gamers, scammers trying to flip and the lack of supply. that last point is the major one

an antminer s9 is $2000 with a power supply from bitmain currently. that has the hashing power of 3x 1080ti which now costs a guy about $2700 + a 1000w PSU $200-250 and that's if you have extra pcie lanes open for the 3 cards. 

if someone is buying gpus to mine at these prices they are quite frankly. stupid 
ClaytonGaudry
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:18:46 (permalink)
Okay thank you
dugoth
  • Total Posts : 60
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:21:51 (permalink)
racebum
ClaytonGaudry

miners aren't buying them. it's all gamers, scammers trying to flip and the lack of supply. that last point is the major one

an antminer s9 is $2000 with a power supply from bitmain currently. that has the hashing power of 3x 1080ti which now costs a guy about $2700 + a 1000w PSU $200-250 and that's if you have extra pcie lanes open for the 3 cards. 

if someone is buying gpus to mine at these prices they are quite frankly. stupid 

antminer's won't work on the asic-resistant crypto's that miner's are buying GPUs for currently, like Ethereum and Monero. I did see an article yesterday about an ASIC coming out soon for Monero, but that crypto also specifically has plans to vary their algorithm to prevent asic mining, since it scales the difficulty so high and takes mining away from individuals. Just too much crypto mining control on ASICs in centralized locations for some crypto's to b comfortable with it.
racebum
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:32:27 (permalink)
dugoth
racebum
ClaytonGaudry

antminer's won't work on the asic-resistant crypto's that miner's are buying GPUs for currently, like Ethereum and Monero. I did see an article yesterday about an ASIC coming out soon for Monero, but that crypto also specifically has plans to vary their algorithm to prevent asic mining, since it scales the difficulty so high and takes mining away from individuals. Just too much crypto mining control on ASICs in centralized locations for some crypto's to b comfortable with it.

doesn't matter. they are all interconnected. you can trade one for the other with the click of a button. 2 months ago ether, vertcoin, zcash and the others were slightly more profitable. now so many people are on the bandwagon with gpus running asics is more profitable. 

it's even more ridiculous when you factor in gpu's cost about 33% more for the same hashing power 

seriously, do the math, see for yourself 
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:40:23 (permalink)
1080 FTW HYBRID in stock

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:40:50 (permalink)
1070 Ti SC in stock

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:41:14 (permalink)
1080 Ti SC2 in stock

dugoth
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:41:34 (permalink)
racebum
dugoth

doesn't matter. they are all interconnected. you can trade one for the other with the click of a button. 2 months ago ether, vertcoin, zcash and the others were slightly more profitable. now so many people are on the bandwagon with gpus running asics is more profitable. 

it's even more ridiculous when you factor in gpu's cost about 33% more for the same hashing power 

seriously, do the math, see for yourself 

Yes and no, as soon as an ASIC enters the mining field of a given crypto the difficulty skyrockets and the profits plunge. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the exchange rates are ultimately fairly comparable, so that you can get as much value mining one anti-ASIC currency on a GPU at X difficulty as you can on mining an ASIC currency on an antminer at X times 10 difficulty. That's ignoring the whole issue of escalating difficulty over time. It's all well and good to spend $2000 on an antminder 9 now for 600MH (I'm not a miner, don't know the actual numbers), under the assumption you'll get a ROI in 6 months at that rate only to have the antiminer 10 come out in 2 months and triple the difficulty, pushing your ROI out indefinitely. Similar issue with GPU mining atm really. It's all well and good to plan out for ROI for 6-24 months, but people are using fixed values for that calculation when they are actually quite variable.

Really in some ways similar to a pyramid scheme IMO. Early adopters can definitely make significant profits but there ultimately comes a tipping point where any new additions are in a no-win situation without realizing it. Not sure crypto is quite there yet but it's starting to feel like it with the direction the market has been going and the ever expanding ROIs on mining investments.
WyoWind
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:45:05 (permalink)
I just got a FTW Hybrid 1080. Text notification somebody suggested a few pages back helped a bunch. Get them while they're hot guys.
racebum
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:47:20 (permalink)
That's the GPU problem right now. You're making about $2 a day on a 1080ti . actually a little less than that currently. That's around 450 days to break even not counting electricity so if you factor that in it's over 500. Like I said no one is buying gpus right now to mine if they have a brain. Just a couple months ago you could break even and under 6 months. The Asic and GPU have basically equalized which you would expect in the market. The thing is Asics cost 33% less right now. Difficulty adjustments happen on GPU coins just the same. A lot of people sell hashing power with nicehash for example. You're making about 40% less today than you would have at the beginning of January simply because so many people have turned on their gaming rig to make a couple extra dollars and or bought up a bunch of cards thinking profits would be just like they were when they bought. Difficulty adjustments have actually came on much slower on bitcoin versus the Asic resistant GPU coins in the past 60 days. There is a ridiculous amount of misinformation about mining out there and most of it you can figure out with a little research. This is making the problem worse in my opinion
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:48:49 (permalink)
racebum
That's the GPU problem right now. You're making about $2 a day on a 1080ti . actually a little less than that currently. That's around 450 days to break even not counting electricity so if you factor that in it's over 500. Like I said no one is buying gpus right now to mine if they have a brain. Just a couple months ago you could break even and under 6 months. The Asic and GPU have basically equalized which you would expect in the market. The thing is Asics cost 33% less right now. Difficulty adjustments happen on GPU coins just the same. A lot of people sell hashing power with nicehash for example. You're making about 40% less today than you would have at the beginning of January simply because so many people have turned on their gaming rig to make a couple extra dollars and or bought up a bunch of cards thinking profits would be just like they were when they bought. Difficulty adjustments have actually came on much slower on bitcoin versus the Asic resistant GPU coins in the past 60 days. There is a ridiculous amount of misinformation about mining out there and most of it you can figure out with a little research. This is making the problem worse in my opinion

With all you know you must be doing this on a large scale.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
dugoth
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 13:57:33 (permalink)
racebum

Not disagreeing with you there at all. The huge variety of crypto and ICOs flooding the market obfuscate the underlying principles of the process and profitability. That said ASICs may have an advantage atm due to the GPU pricing problems and people without brains flooding into mining, but 1-2 iterations of ASICs and it will catch up. ASICs are iterating too quickly from what I can tell to maintain a stable market. Whether GPU or ASIC really right now I think in a lot of crypto the tech and/or difficulty increases are outpacing the investments making a viable ROI very, very difficult with any comprehensive long-term view.

I'ma just continue to observe the process, watching it is like watching stock markets only there isn't really a viable product being haggled over. I don't see a long-term future for crypto as a whole atm, SEC is starting to crack down on regulating ICOs as fraudulent securities offerings and Bitcoin just really hasn't achieved the market saturation and penetration to make it viable as a go-to currency that it really needs to be a long-term investment. It was on pace to but it seems more and more people who jumped on the Bitcoin bandwagon are starting to pull away from it as a trade medium. The instability and insecurity of the coin markets, and the large scale hacks and value losses, no doubt playing a part.
racebum
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 14:03:08 (permalink)
That is definitely a major concern with asic. The antminer S9 is probably going to retire this year or maybe later this year and that means a new generation which could throw off your return on investment even further if you got one today. For the same reason it doesn't make sense to buy gpus number one because of the cost and number 2 because it seems incredibly likely we're going to have the Next Generation show up very soon. It's not profitable for NVIDIA to have such a small Supply on the market and that's the situation we currently are in.

Long-term potential is still hazy but the lightning network has a lot of promise. I think in the grand scheme the real draw to crypto is going to be third world countries. At least in the near-term. There are hundreds of countries with very unstable currency. Eventually there is going to be less and less profit to be had in mining and you're going to see the price of these coins really simmer down. At that point and when you have a good transaction Network you may have something useful. That's also not considering all the other uses for blockchain. It's one of the only electronic mediums that is absolutely impossible to counterfeit

As to the other guy. I'm not large scale at all. I have a couple of PC's going but a person needs to understand any market they are messing around with. I won't even buy a hundred shares of stock in a company unless I understand completely what it is they do. Same with crypto
racebum
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 14:20:16 (permalink)
up to 949 for an sc2 now

sigh....

i guess this is one way to keep miners out of the purchase pool lol
dugoth
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 14:26:59 (permalink)
racebum
Long-term potential is still hazy but the lightning network has a lot of promise. I think in the grand scheme the real draw to crypto is going to be third world countries. At least in the near-term. There are hundreds of countries with very unstable currency. Eventually there is going to be less and less profit to be had in mining and you're going to see the price of these coins really simmer down. At that point and when you have a good transaction Network you may have something useful. That's also not considering all the other uses for blockchain. It's one of the only electronic mediums that is absolutely impossible to counterfeit

There's no denying the potential of crypto, my concerns lie more in execution area. The exchanges are just not secure or reliable enough to act as a backbone for a global currency right now. The blockchain itself may be secure, you can't fake a transcation, but the exchanges who manage those transactions and store/control the digital wallets are riddled with security gaps. There's a reason we can't go 6 months without hearing about some exchange losing hundreds of millions :) That's setting aside the sketchiness of the ICOs, their dubious legality, taxation issues, and incoming government regulations, Plenty of money to be made right now with the right investment and attention on when to sell but it's so damned unbalanced and unstable that it's a deterrent to broad investment and will be stuck on the fringes
mugendc4
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 123
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 14:36:38 (permalink)
racebum
up to 949 for an sc2 now

sigh....

i guess this is one way to keep miners out of the purchase pool lol

Not just miners, everyone lol...
racebum
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 14:38:04 (permalink)

dugoth

There's no denying the potential of crypto, my concerns lie more in execution area. The exchanges are just not secure or reliable enough to act as a backbone for a global currency right now. The blockchain itself may be secure, you can't fake a transcation, but the exchanges who manage those transactions and store/control the digital wallets are riddled with security gaps. There's a reason we can't go 6 months without hearing about some exchange losing hundreds of millions :) That's setting aside the sketchiness of the ICOs, their dubious legality, taxation issues, and incoming government regulations, Plenty of money to be made right now with the right investment and attention on when to sell but it's so damned unbalanced and unstable that it's a deterrent to broad investment and will be stuck on the fringes

coinbase is actually pretty good. very modern security layout. insurance, gov regs. the whole 9. however that's exactly why some people hate it. personally i hope crypto evolves into a usable safe transaction system as blockchain is far superior to our current electronic funds transfer system. i want to see the SEC, i want to see gov regs. i want to see safety. without that it will only appeal to fringe libertarians and it's future is limited 

right now it'a a wild west of gambling and adventure. all you have to do is log on twitter to see thousands of scam posts...of which twitter does nothing about. send .01BTC to this address and receive xxxx. everyday the bot armies are doing this

i just wish the GPU market would go back to normal, vendors had supply and would quit price gouging 
dugoth
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 15:21:06 (permalink)
racebum

coinbase is actually pretty good. very modern security layout. insurance, gov regs. the whole 9. however that's exactly why some people hate it. personally i hope crypto evolves into a usable safe transaction system as blockchain is far superior to our current electronic funds transfer system. i want to see the SEC, i want to see gov regs. i want to see safety. without that it will only appeal to fringe libertarians and it's future is limited 

right now it'a a wild west of gambling and adventure. all you have to do is log on twitter to see thousands of scam posts...of which twitter does nothing about. send .01BTC to this address and receive xxxx. everyday the bot armies are doing this

i just wish the GPU market would go back to normal, vendors had supply and would quit price gouging 

Agreed, I was actually going to use a wild west analogy in my last post but I was focused on land grabs more than gambling...yours is better ;)
gixxertaz
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 15:30:48 (permalink)
SC2 is back in stock

Rig:  Open Loop cooled I7-8700, ASUS Maximus X hero, Dual - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 TI SC2 (SLI), M.2 Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive, Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Corsair Vengence RGB 32GB  DDR4-3466, EVGA Supernova G3 1000W, Phanteks Luxe T/G version, and a host of other parts to support the important stuff and make the case light up.

dlbsyst
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 311
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 15:38:15 (permalink)
I wonder if EVGA is testing to see how high they can raise the prices before people stop buying.lol
gixxertaz
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 16:36:47 (permalink)
I like to think that as they crate them for retailers,  they make a few of them available to us 

Rig:  Open Loop cooled I7-8700, ASUS Maximus X hero, Dual - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 TI SC2 (SLI), M.2 Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive, Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Corsair Vengence RGB 32GB  DDR4-3466, EVGA Supernova G3 1000W, Phanteks Luxe T/G version, and a host of other parts to support the important stuff and make the case light up.

WarMacheen
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 18:21:37 (permalink)
SC2 back in stock. Was 779 with elite discount this afteroon, now that it's back in stock, it's 949 with no elite discount

Carbon-12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 18:25:47 (permalink)
dlbsyst
I wonder if EVGA is testing to see how high they can raise the prices before people stop buying.lol

Considering the SC2 for sale for 4 hrs now, they might be finding the limit.
levifig
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 18:51:46 (permalink)
My biggest issue with crypto is the "fantasy" that it *is* currency. There's no denying that it COULD be currency but it is, mostly, an speculative asset. I'm not against crypto, at its essence, but I'm against most forms of unregulated gambling, and crypto has become just that. I'm all for people being free to screw up if they so desire (or are dumb to do so), but only if there's a way to catch "bad actors".

Another thing is seeing so many people praise its "decentralization", as a way to "stick it to the man" or something... Well, because of its (mostly) anonymous and decentralized nature, "the man" just changed from being regulated (if corrupt) institutions (banks, governments, etc) to being other forms of corrupt institutions (speculators, manipulators, etc). I don't know about you, but I rather know the face and name of the people "stealing" from me... ;)

Anyway, this is all off-topic. The bottom line is I doubt crypto is going away any time soon, but something will eventually change in the way its implemented. I remember buying a couple of overpriced 280X back in 2014, which I sold for 1/4 of what I paid not even 9 months later when I rage-quit crypto mining (after a bunch of pretty obvious pump-and-dump schemes stormed the field). The biggest problem I had with those cards were the terrible quality control they showed: bad components, tons of artifacts, poor gaming performance, etc... Integrators were pumping out cards, at significantly higher than MSRP prices (not as bad as these last few months, but still...) and they sucked at anything other than mining (even then..). I'm just glad things don't seem as bad now in terms of quality control. Maybe the difference is AMD vs Nvidia, but I have to believe it's a bit more than that.

I really wish Nvidia (and AMD) released compute-focused, crypto-optimized cards, and capped some of the compute performance from gaming cards. Gamers don't really need all that compute power, honestly, so a few less CUDA cores would hinder mining and barely affect gaming. They could then release mining-focused cards and gamer cards. The problem with that is splitting the market, and that scares them... But as it stands, no matter how much they say they "like gamers first", they are taking advantage of gamers left and right...

*sigh*

</walloftext>

WHEATLEY => Lian-Li V3000 Modded :: Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex :: Intel i9-7900X @ 4.8GHz 1.26V All Cores w/ EKWB Monoblock :: XFX Vega 56 w/ Heatkiller VI :: Zotac GT1030 :: 64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz CL14 @ 3600CL16 :: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe :: WD Black 1TB NVMe :: 2x Corsair MP510 480GB NVMe :: HardwareLabs GTX 480 & SR2 480 :: 12x Corsair ML120 PRO RGB :: Corsair AX1200i

gixxertaz
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 19:28:35 (permalink)
levifig

I really wish Nvidia (and AMD) released compute-focused, crypto-optimized cards, and capped some of the compute performance from gaming cards. Gamers don't really need all that compute power, honestly, so a few less CUDA cores would hinder mining and barely affect gaming. They could then release mining-focused cards and gamer cards. The problem with that is splitting the market, and that scares them... But as it stands, no matter how much they say they "like gamers first", they are taking advantage of gamers left and right...

*sigh*

Although I agree that it would be great for availability and pricing for us, from a business standpoint, why would manufacturers change what they are doing.  They can't keep stock on the shelves and prices are astronomical.  What is the downside to them. We (and miners) are paying the price and buying up their units... even as we complain. The graphic card manufacturers are just raking in the dough and I don't fault them for it at all,  that is capitalism in it's most pure form - High demand drives low supply which drives higher prices.

I don' t claim to be a crypto-currency expert but based on my research,  the return on investment for a privateer miner seems to be limited based on recent crypto-coin market fluctuations combined with mining equipment costs and electricity.  The money spent on equipment and electricity could yield much higher gains in other investments.  Even just trading Crypto-currency in the speculative market could prove to be more lucrative than mining it privately.  Just my two cents.

dugoth
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 20:18:27 (permalink)
Looks like elite is off the product page now
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 21:39:57 (permalink)

(Currently In Stock) 

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-6696-KR     ($999.99)      EDIT: Out of stock

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6696-KR

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11G-P4-6593-KR     ($949.99)         EDIT: Out of stock

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6593-KR

Also:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING, 08G-P4-6299-KR    ($689.99)

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6299-KR

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING, 08G-P4-6288-KR    ($729.99)      

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6288-KR

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING, 08G-P4-6286-KR     ($699.99)

Also:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING, 08G-P4-5671-KR     ($609.99)        EDIT: Out of stock

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-5671-KR

Also:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING, 08G-P4-6173-KR      ($559.99)        EDIT: Out of stock

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6173-KR
post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/18 12:58:16

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Stealth3si
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/15 23:26:17 (permalink)
WarMacheen
SC2 back in stock. Was 779 with elite discount this afteroon, now that it's back in stock, it's 949 with no elite discount

elite section seems to be gone(?)

[URL=http://www.evga.com/regis...filiatecode=XL8QPA2M1H][/URL] 
Antec 300 Illusion Case █ EVGA Supernova 750W B2 █ ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer █ Intel i7-4790k (4.70Ghz @ 1.275V) █ Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler █ G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4x4GB) 1866Mhz CL9 █ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING █ Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 830 Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Green 1TB/2TB █ Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard █ Logitech G700s Rechargeable Mouse █ Dell S2716DGR 27" 1440p G-Sync █ Sony XBR55X900E 55" 4K HDR LED █ Sound Blaster Z > O2 Amp > Fostex Massdrop Th-X00 Custom Mod █ Denon AVR-X3300W > Ascend HTM-200 SE Bookshelf 5 Speakers █ Windows 10 Pro x64 AU > Ibik Aster Multi-seat Gaming
WarMacheen
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/03/16 05:11:41 (permalink)
Stealth3si
WarMacheen

elite section seems to be gone(?)

Yes Elite section is gone, and does anyone know the difference other than the markup

Page: << < ..101102103104105.. > >> Showing page 101 of 108
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile