EVGA

pc freeze with league of legends in borderless with 3 monitor and an elgato capture card

Author
cyqpann
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/04/23 10:56:31 (permalink)
Hello evga,
you need to help determine what is the problem. It either the graphic card, capture card, motherboard or something else. can you give me a hand on this.
i have a evga 3080Ti FTW, capture card elgato 4k60 pci card, motherboard fully updated and reset by defaul with c-state disable X570 crosshair VIII dark hero, 64Go Ram

My problem happen either on Windows 10 or Windows 11 and specificy in League of legends only. I have a 500 game library on steam and around 250 on epic game and none of them i've play cause this problem. 
In league of legends, in 4k, if im in borderless mode, if i alt-tab to go on my desktop, my league of legends hard freeze the computer but the sound continue. they only way to fix it was to hard reboot. Until yesterday ( this problem happen since a year and half) i decide to unplug my 3 4k monitors and suddently, everything come back like normal with my game closed . I used the defaul cable LG provided me, but 8 month ago, i'v got 8k UHD cable and the problem still occur. 
i also have an elgato capture card a 4k pro it goes from the gaming pc to the streaming elgato pc

I found that if i unplug the hadmi cable from the  elgato card, the game no more freeze BUT if i unplug a monitor and keep the elgato, it doesn't crash. 
Also putting dx9 legacy in league, an option in the setting, i can have 3 monitors and the elgato connected, and this crash never happen, not a single time..
the problem with this is, Riot team from league of legends are removing the the dx9 legacy and my fix will dissapear.

Can you help me determine what could be my problem please. 

Can you help me please. 

post edited by cyqpann - 2024/04/23 10:59:39

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49180
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: pc freeze with league of legends in borderless with 3 monitor and an elgato capture c 2024/04/23 22:36:58 (permalink)
    cyqpann
    I found that if i unplug the hadmi cable from the  elgato card, the game no more freeze BUT if i unplug a monitor and keep the elgato, it doesn't crash. 

So reducing load on your gpu fixes the issue. Have you tried underclocking your card to max negative values on the core & memory using msi afterburner to see if that helps make the card stable?
    cyqpann
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: pc freeze with league of legends in borderless with 3 monitor and an elgato capture c 2024/04/24 05:03:48 (permalink)
    Hello,
    i never try that at all. EVGA precision is also good to give it a try or i need to install afterburner?
    I'm giving this a try as soon im at home. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31020
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: pc freeze with league of legends in borderless with 3 monitor and an elgato capture c 2024/04/24 08:04:33 (permalink)
    cyqpann
    Hello,
    i never try that at all. EVGA precision is also good to give it a try or i need to install afterburner?
    I'm giving this a try as soon im at home. 

Yes you can try to do it with EVGA Precision

Basic troubleshooting steps. Windows clean boot, clean driver install, debug mode, etc.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile