EVGA

[FIX] Colors not saving between boots

Author
PVasile97
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/04/11 07:20:50 (permalink)
Today I was having problems saving the static color on the GPU itself so the color will remain the same between system boots.
I found out that I had to run Precision X1 as administrator in order for the colors to get saved between boots.
You need to run the software as administrator only when you want to save the colors into the GPU, not every time.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31014
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: [FIX] Colors not saving between boots 2024/04/11 07:52:20 (permalink)
    PVasile97
    Today I was having problems saving the static color on the GPU itself so the color will remain the same between system boots.
    I found out that I had to run Precision X1 as administrator in order for the colors to get saved between boots.
    You need to run the software as administrator only when you want to save the colors into the GPU, not every time.

Running Precision X1 as admin, can help with all sorts of stability issues; as reported by many forum users & my own experience

Good to see you figured it out

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

kevin498
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: [FIX] Colors not saving between boots 2024/04/16 01:12:19 (permalink)
    It sounds like you're experiencing a specific issue with saving static color settings on your GPU. Running Precision X1 as administrator seems to allow the colors to persist between system boots, which suggests that the software requires elevated privileges to write these settings to the GPU. Ideally, you should only need to run the software as administrator when you're making changes  to the color settings that you want to save permanently. After saving these settings, you should be able to run the software normally without administrator privileges for regular usage. This way, you can avoid the inconvenience of needing administrator access every time you use the software.
    post edited by kevin498 - 2024/04/16 21:32:07
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: [FIX] Colors not saving between boots 2024/04/16 11:18:55 (permalink)
    kevin498
    It sounds like you're experiencing a specific issue with saving static color settings on your GPU. Running Precision X1 as administrator seems to allow the colors to persist between system boots, which suggests that the software requires elevated privileges to write these settings to the GPU. Ideally, you should only need to run the software as administrator when you're making changes to the color settings that you want to save permanently. After saving these settings, you should be able to run the software normally without administrator privileges for regular usage. This way, you can avoid the inconvenience of needing administrator access every time you use the software.

I know it might be shocking and hard to deal with at first, but I wanted to let you know that you are a robot.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile