EVGA

Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 09:27:12 (permalink)
shaolinn
mobsters
stroker425
I wonder, import taxes?

Does not explain why EVGA is asking ~100e more then local retailer from same card.......Or are import taxes applied only for EVGA

The base price is around 30 euro lower on the US store than it is on EU.  They are probably receiving the bulk of their cards at their HQ in California and then sending them by air freight to their EU warehouse which already seem to be very limited numbers in the first place. That alone already increases said cost. Currently just to secure air shipping they are paying a high premium thanks to COVID aftermath. Maybe the shipping cost from wherever their cards are being assembled is just more expensive to the EU. My guess is they are just adding the shipping cost  to the base price and VAT is just the law us EU citizens have to deal with. As for why retailers have them up for cheaper. The big retailers make bulk orders and are most likely paying bellow the list price as they have more negotiating power due to bulk orders. They are also probably covering the shipping themselves through their shipping partners they already have contracts with, which does not increase their cost. Just my guess anyway.

Someone living in France who had a 2080 Super and used the Step Up Program confirmed on this forum that he paid something like 115€ and some change, and considering the price of the 2080 Super he calculated that the total cost of the 3080 was 830€ for the FTW3 Ultra in France, with VAT included. 

So it's definitely a mistake in pricing on EU Store where prices DO include in fact the 21% VAT from Netherland (where EVGA's warehouses are based and where products are shipped to customers in the EU).

That should also remove any fears for EU customers (myself included). 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 09:38:06 (permalink)
Huntercyril
shaolinn
mobsters
stroker425
I wonder, import taxes?

Does not explain why EVGA is asking ~100e more then local retailer from same card.......Or are import taxes applied only for EVGA

The base price is around 30 euro lower on the US store than it is on EU.  They are probably receiving the bulk of their cards at their HQ in California and then sending them by air freight to their EU warehouse which already seem to be very limited numbers in the first place. That alone already increases said cost. Currently just to secure air shipping they are paying a high premium thanks to COVID aftermath. Maybe the shipping cost from wherever their cards are being assembled is just more expensive to the EU. My guess is they are just adding the shipping cost  to the base price and VAT is just the law us EU citizens have to deal with. As for why retailers have them up for cheaper. The big retailers make bulk orders and are most likely paying bellow the list price as they have more negotiating power due to bulk orders. They are also probably covering the shipping themselves through their shipping partners they already have contracts with, which does not increase their cost. Just my guess anyway.

Someone living in France who had a 2080 Super and used the Step Up Program confirmed on this forum that he paid something like 115€ and some change, and considering the price of the 2080 Super he calculated that the total cost of the 3080 was 830€ for the FTW3 Ultra in France, with VAT included. 

So it's definitely a mistake in pricing on EU Store where prices DO include in fact the 21% VAT from Netherland (where EVGA's warehouses are based and where products are shipped to customers in the EU).

Hope you are right if its actually confirmed by them that this is the case I may cancel my preorder from the retailer. As the cheapest price for the ftw3 ultra is currently 945 for German retailers, which I find odd if that were the case. I did watch their stream yesterday and they did mention if you want a card etailers is the way to go as they are working with them so everyone gets their hands on a card faster.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 10:07:09 (permalink)
shaolinn
Huntercyril
shaolinn
mobsters
stroker425
I wonder, import taxes?

Hope you are right if its actually confirmed by them that this is the case I may cancel my preorder from the retailer. As the cheapest price for the ftw3 ultra is currently 945 for German retailers, which I find odd if that were the case. I did watch their stream yesterday and they did mention if you want a card etailers is the way to go as they are working with them so everyone gets their hands on a card faster.

I did cancel my order for a XC3 for 840€ on an etailer (France) last weekend, and that was before I knew about the VAT issue in EVGA EU Store but I trusted and still trust EVGA. They are really here for the customers that's not a gimmick. XC3 is now around 920 / 940 on this mentioned etailer, and FTW3 Ultra is around 1000€ in France in various (r)etailers while, like I said, it should be at 830€ on EVGA EU (for France). 

I managed to get approximately the same results with X% VAT of the country you are in EU : you take the price in dollar, stick X% VAT, convert to euros.
For France : price in US for FTW3 Ultra is 810$ + 20% VAT (France VAT %), that gives 972$, converted to euros that gives around 836 euros.
The guy I mentioned above said it was around 830€ with his calculations of going from 2080 Super to 3080 FTW3 Ultra. If you give some tolerance for stocks exchange dollar / euros etc, this 6€ difference is within the acceptable margin of error and does indeed include tax (being less than 1% which with currency conversion can happen on big transactions depending the rate of exchange).
Same thing for 21% Netherland VAT, except that this time the difference is only 3€ from the estimated price to the price shown on the store.

As for where / to shipping, I tried to seek out informations about EVGA Factories and as of 2012 the products were mainly tested assembled etc in Taiwan, whereas US HQ seemed mostly focused on administrative stuff. That means to my understanding, to get to EU, it wouldn't go through US but directly to EU from Asia. That is, if things haven't changed since 2012.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 10:44:15 (permalink)
Huntercyril
shaolinn
Huntercyril
shaolinn
mobsters
stroker425
I wonder, import taxes?

I did cancel my order for a XC3 for 840€ on an etailer (France) last weekend, and that was before I knew about the VAT issue in EVGA EU Store but I trusted and still trust EVGA. They are really here for the customers that's not a gimmick. XC3 is now around 920 / 940 on this mentioned etailer, and FTW3 Ultra is around 1000€ in France in various (r)etailers while, like I said, it should be at 830€ on EVGA EU (for France). 

I managed to get approximately the same results with X% VAT of the country you are in EU : you take the price in dollar, stick X% VAT, convert to euros.
For France : price in US for FTW3 Ultra is 810$ + 20% VAT (France VAT %), that gives 972$, converted to euros that gives around 836 euros.
The guy I mentioned above said it was around 830€ with his calculations of going from 2080 Super to 3080 FTW3 Ultra. If you give some tolerance for stocks exchange dollar / euros etc, this 6€ difference is within the acceptable margin of error and does indeed include tax (being less than 1% which with currency conversion can happen on big transactions depending the rate of exchange).
Same thing for 21% Netherland VAT, except that this time the difference is only 3€ from the estimated price to the price shown on the store.

As for where / to shipping, I tried to seek out informations about EVGA Factories and as of 2012 the products were mainly tested assembled etc in Taiwan, whereas US HQ seemed mostly focused on administrative stuff. That means to my understanding, to get to EU, it wouldn't go through US but directly to EU from Asia. That is, if things haven't changed since 2012.

The Step up case isn't really a proper confirmation or way of calculating things. He is only paying the price difference between those two cards and is then paying VAT on that value. That is entirely different than paying the full price of the card and adding VAT to that card. The charged VAT is then much bigger naturally.  Sure if you use the US price of 809.99 convert it to euro (696,92) then add my local VAT of 16% I get 808,43 euro. Problem is since the 1xxx series ftw3 cards on the EU EVGA store was already very limited until the restocking completely halted, so you have to be very lucky to grab one straight from their website in the first place. Why their EU store is charging a much higher exec VAT value than the US store despite the euro currency being stronger has yet to be confirmed by EVGA themselves.  They are streaming today again  apparently so will try to get some feedback from them.
loyalty4life
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 11:29:36 (permalink)
Yeah it does stink how there are higher price is overseas.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 11:33:07 (permalink)
My math is wrongly based on his example but on the US to EU prices it adds up. Also, 2h ago, Jacob responded to someone about prices in the EU : " Still looking into this but I don't have any updates right now. "

So that's definitely a sign that they are aware something is wrong there and trying to actively fix it. Which is a good sign otherwise they would have just said " No, price is correct, it's indeed XXX€ + VAT ". 

Also a bit later he twitted that we should expect stock in EU in late september / early october (which I think at this point we kinda expected but it's nice to see a confirmation from Jacob, the go-to guy :) )
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/25 11:36:38 (permalink)
Huntercyril
My math is wrongly based on his example but on the US to EU prices it adds up. Also, 2h ago, Jacob responded to someone about prices in the EU : " Still looking into this but I don't have any updates right now. "

So that's definitely a sign that they are aware something is wrong there and trying to actively fix it. Which is a good sign otherwise they would have just said " No, price is correct, it's indeed XXX€ + VAT ". 

Also a bit later he twitted that we should expect stock in EU in late september / early october (which I think at this point we kinda expected but it's nice to see a confirmation from Jacob, the go-to guy :) )

Indeed Jacob rocks on the feedback front
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/09/26 02:52:46 (permalink)
Hopefully this EU price thing gets fixed before there is constant stock in the EU. Not that it will be as soon as we hope.

Oblivianos
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/12/25 04:23:12 (permalink)
Cypeq
paulmcpazzi
Cypeq
Because we have higher tax rate ~20% which is shown on purchase, US taxates after purchase ~10%.

The prices that I listed are VAT excluded, this is merely a USD to EUR conversion, where the price in EUR is is almost $200 more expensive.

you are correct sorry.

no he/she isn't correct as in it is not just currency conversion (still correct on EU being more expensive). US prices seem lower because as it was said they are without tax. EU is shown with Tax. yes EU is more expensive because of higher Tax ( im now comparing the EU /w Tax against the US after it gets taxed post-purchase) but also because US to EU there are extra charges due to customs/import 

unox22
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2020/12/25 04:24:37 (permalink)
You are late. The person was correct, but EVGA has adjusted their website by now (';
Titan696
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/01/27 14:08:24 (permalink)
its nothing about VAT, look at the MSRP of CPUs they all follow close to it, its just the GPUs and things are getting worse, im seeing 3090's around for 2000+ Euros, that isnt places like ebay or stockx im talking notebooksbilliger.de  mindfactory.de  even saturn.de is following suit and they are usually pretty close to MSRP, either things are more expensive to import or they are collectively taking the p***. At this rate im gonna be ordering one in the UK and having it delivered there, currys.co.uk are the only place still sticking to the pricing, they had some stocks refreshed too on monday, just nothing i was after.
paulmcpazzi
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/01/27 14:55:37 (permalink)
Titan696
its nothing about VAT

This post was created the day after the 3080 was launched (18/09/2020), the prices on eu.evga.com had double taxation and it was adjusted a few days later.

I was lucky enough to get a 3080 on Amazon at MRSP, the EVGA queue is not advancing at all, I pressed the notify button on launch day in the morning and they still haven't sent the email (not that I'm going to buy a second 3080 from EVGA at this point, I just haven't unsubscribed because I'm curious to see how long it'll take).
BovineGamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/01/27 15:42:59 (permalink)
paulmcpazzi
Titan696
its nothing about VAT

This post was created the day after the 3080 was launched (18/09/2020), the prices on eu.evga.com had double taxation and it was adjusted a few days later.

I was lucky enough to get a 3080 on Amazon at MRSP, the EVGA queue is not advancing at all, I pressed the notify button on launch day in the morning and they still haven't sent the email (not that I'm going to buy a second 3080 from EVGA at this point, I just haven't unsubscribed because I'm curious to see how long it'll take).

Just out of curiosity, what SKU did you sign up?
Titan696
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/01/27 16:48:11 (permalink)
paulmcpazzi
Titan696
its nothing about VAT

ah so the website does work then, i found it a few weeks back and theres a few cards that look like they are in stock, atleast it says nothing about the auto notify, but then absolutely nothing seems to be sold on there, theres nothing in stock right now when you click in stock and no tabs to add anything to cart, I was thinking they either closed due to German covid restrictions or just dont bother with the eu site as much as the us. I see a few sites saying they just dont manage the sales in the eu directly, this is kind of a place holder incase they do..

ice water
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/01/28 22:21:20 (permalink)
maybe the taxes
nofearek9
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 436
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/01/30 06:48:14 (permalink)
i was searching today for evga cards : https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/c/hardware-components/nvidia-gpus?refinementList%5Bmanufacturer%5D%5B0%5D=EVGA
saw this and said omg 999euro for the 3080 its a bit expensive ,then i read the description of the 999euro product again and again and again...... :O

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition,Intel Xeon e5-1680v2@4,5Ghz(36x125),Corsair XMS3 64GB DDR3(8x8)(2000Mhz),Samsung 980 PRO 512GB,EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC GAMING 8GB,Lian Li PC-60FNWB ,Corsair HX1000 PSU,Noctua NH-D15 .
Asus Rampage III Gene,Intel Xeon X5660@ 4,5ghz,Corsair XMS3 48GB DDR3(6x8),Samsung 950 PRO 256GB,EVGA 1060 3GB SSC.
Register your evga products           Buy evga products with discount
evga202102
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Why the 30xx series is so expensive in EU? 2021/02/08 03:58:35 (permalink)
 taxes, it is bad
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile