Differences between EVGA NU Audio 5.1 and EVGA NU Audio 7.1

Author
tkoeck
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/06/09 14:31:36 (permalink)
Hi,

I am thinking about buying an EVGA NU soundcard. As I am not really needing 7.1 sound I was wondering what if there is some hardware change in the 7.1 version?

I mean is the the hardware/sound quality different if I don't use 7.1? Newer hardware components? Better cables?

Greetings and thanks,
tk

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Differences between EVGA NU Audio 5.1 and EVGA NU Audio 7.1 2020/06/12 08:31:14 (permalink)
    tkoeck
    Hi,

I am thinking about buying an EVGA NU soundcard. As I am not really needing 7.1 sound I was wondering what if there is some hardware change in the 7.1 version?

I mean is the the hardware/sound quality different if I don't use 7.1? Newer hardware components? Better cables?

Greetings and thanks,
    tk

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven

https://www.evga.com/articles/01376/evga-nu-audio-pro/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Differences between EVGA NU Audio 5.1 and EVGA NU Audio 7.1 2020/06/12 12:32:04 (permalink)
    tkoeck
    Hi,

Greetings and thanks,
    tk

Need a little clarification on what you're asking.  The NU Audio Pro 7.1 (AN21) is comprised of the NU Audio Pro (AN10) and the NU Audio Pro Surround (AN11) cards.  The Surround card cannot be used by itself, and must be connected to the Pro card to work.  So there isn't really a 5.1 version and a 7.1 version. 

On the other hand, you can can choose to run the 7.1 card(s) in either 5.1 or 7.1 mode. 

If you only plan on using Stereo or headphones, then you can certainly compare the NU Audio (AN01) to the NU Audio Pro (AN10).  The Pro does use different and better components in certain areas of the card and has a different audio signature than the original NU Audio card. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile