EVGA

AnsweredIntroducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2019/11/19 10:24:02 (permalink)

Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards

The EVGA NU Audio Card reintroduced the PC world to high-end audio, both stunning the audio world and making new fans along the way. The singular idea of producing Lifelike Audio and Gaming at an affordable price led to an exclusive partnership between one of the world’s most recognizable PC hardware manufacturers and one of the true icons of the audio world – Audio Note (UK).

Level Up Your Audio

The NU Audio Pro Cards change the game once again. The pursuit of audio perfection on a PC takes another step forward with the introduction of a 7.1 Surround solution by EVGA and Audio Note. We took the solid foundation of the NU Audio Card, improved the component selections throughout, and matched it to a secondary card to provide surround support. The result is an experience where critical listening sessions can yield to enjoyment, and where thinking will surrender to feeling.
NU upgradesThe art of audio is about combining a lot of little details and fusing them together to create something greater than the sum of its parts. Careful testing and fine-tuning gives the NU Audio Pro a more refined look and audio signature than its predecessor. Here’s a look at what’s new on the NU Audio Pro: 

New Cover:

• The NU Audio Pro features a bold new cover design to remind you that this isn't your run-of the mill audio card.

Audio Note (UK) Seiryu (Azure Dragon) Capacitors:

• The Seiryu capacitors, exclusive to the EVGA NU Audio Pro cards, are the progeny of Audio Note's KAISEI Electrolytic Capacitor lineage. Made using a slightly modified production process, these capacitors were designed from the ground up to improve the audio at every frequency.

Tuning Audio Through Capacitors:

• The NU Audio Pro card also features AVX F95 audio tantalum capacitors to lower distortion, create a darker background, yet still give a dense lush feeling to the audio. The NP0 ceramic capacitors were replaced with Panasonic PPS types, to give a sweeter more natural treble. Combined, this gives an increased sense of air to wide-bandwidth recordings.

New Headphone Op-amp:

• Headphone lovers have not been forgotten. The NU Audio Pro Card features an LT1469 op-amp for the headphone out, which provides a lusher and more high quality sound to the audio, bringing out great dynamics and sound-staging without the edginess or rough sounding qualities of other op-amps.

RGB Lighting (NU Audio Pro only)

• The NU Audio Pro features a new take on RGB by offering three different RGB lighting zones on the side of the card. Each zone can be linked to the other two, while the two bars can be configured for audio reactive lighting to change dynamically with your audio playback.

Combination Headphone Pre-/Power Amp Design

1. Directly change your headphone volume via the GUI controlled analog volume control (DS1882) – This is Required and Essential for Headphone DSD playback.
  2. A swappable LT1469 op-amp performs as a stereo pre-amp, before the signal is divided to the dual-mono LME49600 power amps.
  3. The dual-mono LME49600 power amps deliver punch and clarity to each ear, backed up by two large Audio Note 1000uF capacitors as dedicated local power reserves.
  4. The power design culminates in a gold-plated ¼″ (6.3mm) headphone jack with output impedance measured at less than 0.05 ohms – 20x lower than similar products. This results in greater clarity, bass control, and lower distortion to produce Lifelike Audio.

Nahimic 3D Audio for Gamers

The NU Audio Pro Card is powered by nahimic with 3D Audio for Gamers, featuring nahimic’s groundbreaking virtual surround to enhance positioning. nahimic also brings several QoL enhancements, including a Quick EQ menu to quickly adjust audio, smart volume to limit volume fluctuation, and ambient noise suppression to play with confidence knowing that you will be heard clearly-in game.

NU AUDIO PRO Software

With more channels comes great responsibility. That’s why the NU Audio Software received a makeover to allow for new configuration options, individual and linked channel volume controls, and a new page to control the RGB lighting on the NU Audio Pro.

We've got you covered

We heard you loud and clear. The most requested feature that didn’t make it to the NU Audio Card is added to the NU Audio Pro Cards. Each of the NU Audio Pro Cards feature a uniquely designed and EMS-shielding backplate that will set your system apart.

To learn more about the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards, please visit https://www.evga.com/articles/01376/evga-nu-audio-pro/
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 10:59:22 (permalink)
looks interesting

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

playboyer
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 11:46:54 (permalink)
Jeez and we just got the NU Audio. Is there a way we can trade-in/Step-up to these new cards?
iamflem
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 12:09:42 (permalink)
I second the question about a trade-in/step-up program... I purchased a Nu Audio on Sunday and was going to install it into my new build tomorrow. Barring any step-up, I'll likely just return the Nu Audio card and use onboard sound until the Pro releases.
apsese
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 129
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 12:37:47 (permalink)
I can only wonder how big the difference is compared to built-in audio. Can it be heard even on relatively cheap (~50usd) headphones?

finally a signature without that associate code
Turfy
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 12:47:25 (permalink)
Any chance for step-up on this..?
restebanz
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 13:15:37 (permalink)
Is there a trade in/trade up program? Lets see if they hear us loud and clear.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 13:17:03 (permalink)
currently EVGA Step-Up is only for MB & GPU

EVGA Step-Up

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

restebanz
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 13:20:13 (permalink)
Thanks
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 15:12:49 (permalink)
apsese
I can only wonder how big the difference is compared to built-in audio. Can it be heard even on relatively cheap (~50usd) headphones?

I have the NU Audio and would say that I can hear a difference on every headphone I have used with it over the on board audio. Of course I haven't like gone to the dollar store and tested a pair of headphones with it but I would say that the headphones that someone who would buy the NU Audio would have probably would benefit from it as long as you have good hearing to notice the difference. 

As for upgrading to the 7.1 from my NU Audio I personally am on the fence since the NU Audio is still an amazing audio card. If you need the 7.1 then of course it's worth getting the new card but if you are only using a 2.1 audio setup it's hard to think that you would really notice much difference between the two because both are built with high quality parts by the same company. This should result in the design team wanting cards that will highlight sound the same way. I would love to hear the NU Audio 7.1 and look forward to reviews but I just don't think that anyone should feel the NU Audio just became a piece of junk because a Pro model came out since the NU Audio I feel is just great audio and was made to give professional quality audio.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 17:57:49 (permalink)
Does the software have Dolby Digital and DTS encoding?

mr_scary
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 426
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 19:01:15 (permalink)
OMG, this is on my list, just got the email. Finally someone was actually listening. 
I Want, I Want, I Want. 

True Surround sound. 
I guess I'll get the TIAMAT 7.1 V2

DEJ915
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 544
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 19:25:10 (permalink)
I wonder why 1/8" jacks were chosen for the surround card, I'd have expected RCA like the main card's line output as I have a competitor's comparable product which has that setup.  Kind of a shame those of us with the original card cannot purchase the add-on since we lack the connector on the inside.
post edited by DEJ915 - 2019/11/19 19:27:50
Kaihekoa
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 20:44:34 (permalink)
Comparing the specs, the only thing that is different than the Nu Audio 1.0 is the op-amp and some capacitors.  I doubt that's going to be a noticeable difference to existing Nu Audio owners like myself.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 21:08:55 (permalink)

I just might get it.     

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
myststars
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 22:30:22 (permalink)
it was dubious why they kept the 149$ / 179$ price for so long ... Now i got the answer. :)
I just got the Nu audio myself.Anyway i am really really glad that EVGA audio line is a success.Otherwise they wouldn't have invested in the Nu audio pro.I am really glad that they released an audio card in the first place.I had Asus Essence ST.I wanted a PCIe card and i got the PowerColor HDX.The support was dead.No driver updates.Cheers to EVGA !
startekselva
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 300
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/19 23:49:20 (permalink)
new version look good on paper lets preorder and see

jonny80s
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 683
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 05:38:02 (permalink)
2 days before this was released I was searching the internet for an expansion sold EMI shield to put between the graphics card and the audio card....

Will the Pro back plate fit the original card?

And will they be available for purchase?

i9-10900k/Asus ROG STRIX Z590-A/EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra/16X2GB Ballistix 3600/2tb Crucial P2/Seasonic X-1250/Topping A50s-D50s-P50 DAC Stack

startekselva
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 300
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 05:45:21 (permalink)
jonny80s
2 days before this was released I was searching the internet for an expansion sold EMI shield to put between the graphics card and the audio card....

just get the back like mine form coldzero.eu
https://www.coldzero.eu/e...-audio-backplate-color

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 07:49:48 (permalink)
Kaihekoa
Comparing the specs, the only thing that is different than the Nu Audio 1.0 is the op-amp and some capacitors.  I doubt that's going to be a noticeable difference to existing Nu Audio owners like myself.

If you aren’t using a 5.1/7.1 set of connections, this seems like it would be a waste to upgrade. I would think the purpose of this new card is for those wanting the ability to run 7.1 as well as gaining the quality of the original Nu Audio line-up.
myststars
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 09:38:18 (permalink)
IMO the NU audio Pro is really ready for the ones that have water pumps with coils that interfere with sound because of EMI.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 09:56:46 (permalink)
DEJ915
I wonder why 1/8" jacks were chosen for the surround card, I'd have expected RCA like the main card's line output as I have a competitor's comparable product which has that setup.  Kind of a shame those of us with the original card cannot purchase the add-on since we lack the connector on the inside.

We looked at a lot of options for both cards.  There was a point where we considered making the headphone port at 3.5mm along with the Front L/R at 3.5mm also.  A lot of it comes down to space and PCB layout.

It's not just the connector, but there's also a slightly different power design on the Pro cards designed to handle the power transfer through the mDP cable, which also needs to be tuned properly to prevent noise or other issues that can occur through this type of connection.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 10:05:03 (permalink)
Kaihekoa

To my ear, there was an immediately noticeable difference.  I like this difference, myself, but this is sort of the experimental side of audio.  I imagine that some people will like the more analytical signature of the original NU Audio compared to the NU Audio Pro, whereas others will prefer the somewhat warmer, airier and more dynamic NU Audio Pro.  It reminded me often of how I've described the difference between a pair of Focal Elear and Audeze LCD-2 CB headphones.  Both great, but very different signatures.  Again, that's my impression of it, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 10:08:04 (permalink)
myststars
it was dubious why they kept the 149$ / 179$ price for so long ... Now i got the answer. :)
I just got the Nu audio myself.Anyway i am really really glad that EVGA audio line is a success.Otherwise they wouldn't have invested in the Nu audio pro.I am really glad that they released an audio card in the first place.I had Asus Essence ST.I wanted a PCIe card and i got the PowerColor HDX.The support was dead.No driver updates.Cheers to EVGA !

For what it's worth, we are not retiring the original NU Audio Card, so we will still be offering support for it for the foreseeable future.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 10:09:53 (permalink)
jonny80s

No, the backplate will not fit the original card.  A number of differences, plus, they use different I/O brackets to accommodate the backplate.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 10:16:26 (permalink)
So recommend me a good set of speakers for this card? My 20 year old cambridge soundworks aren't doing well ;)

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

myststars
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 10:20:58 (permalink)
transdogmifier
So recommend me a good set of speakers for this card? My 20 year old cambridge soundworks aren't doing well ;)

Edifier S3000 pro or swan m200mkiii

myststars
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 10:51:55 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
myststars

For what it's worth, we are not retiring the original NU Audio Card, so we will still be offering support for it for the foreseeable future.

I haven't thought about discontinuation ... I just expected something to happen :)
Anyway you guys from EVGA were very quick at launching a refresh with all fixes wanted by community.Pretty awesome imo. :)

Fredski
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 12:29:26 (permalink)
I have to say I do not understand what's that NU Audio Pro about. I have Nu Audio and want to upgrade. Using only headphones and only for gaming. Which one should I buy as an upgrade ? Is it one card or two cards?
CivicMinded
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2019/11/20 14:35:04 (permalink)
I'm guessing the new Pro card did away with the front panel I/O connection?  I don't see it mentioned, or I may have missed it?
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile