EVGA

AnsweredIntroducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
jmanonezerozero
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/09 20:23:22 (permalink)
@DannyW75 - you rock, I am looking into the Amiron Home. The price tag is big, bit it is normally like that for the quality. Let me get this card via the upgrade program which seems to be a long wait first. From there we'll see what 2020 brings for options. 
DannyW75
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/09 20:35:56 (permalink)
It got a price drop on Amazon.com today. It is currently at 494.70. You will be very impressed with the headphone. It is a perfect upgrade from the HD650. You will be amazed if you use it for music, but also for gaming. It has excellent imaging, and a vast soundstage. You can detect where everything is located in games. It is also one of the most comfortable headphones on the planet as well.
DannyW75
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/09 20:47:27 (permalink)
Regarding the Nu Audio Pro 7.1, I am absolutely loving this sound card. The sound quality with the LME49720HA metal cans I put in the card is just amazing. I really do owe EVGA an apology for the way I behaved previously. I am sure you saw that I ended up with a defective card. The analog section of the first card I got did not function. EVGA stepped up, and cross shipped me a brand new replacement. This card has been completely flawless. EVGA made sure to make everything right, and their customer service was very impressive. I highly recommend this card to anyone. I upgraded from a Creative ZXR, and the Nu Audio Pro is an excellent improvement in fidelity. You will be impressed with the card. I don't think there is another sound card that exists that can match it. The only one that might would be the new Creative AE-9, but I can't say for sure, as I have not heard it.

playboyer
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/10 08:37:12 (permalink)
Anything under $400.
playboyer
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/10 08:38:17 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
playboyer
Anyone know a good 7.1 speaker system?

What's your budget?

Anything under $400 if you know a couple.
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/13 10:13:03 (permalink)
playboyer
EVGATech_LeeM
playboyer

What's your budget?

For our CES show this is what we put together:
  • Front, Side, Rear speakers - Edifier R1280T at $99 per pair = $299
  • Center Speakers - Edifier R980T at $69 per pair = $69 (Due to cabling issues, we only used one speaker out of the pair.  If you do a better job wiring than we had time for, you can use both speakers.)
  • Subwoofer - Sony SACS9 at $199 = $199
  • Total Cost = ~$570
To go a bit cheaper, you could instead use the R980T's for all speakers, or just the main 6 speakers, which drops the price around $90 lower.  You can also look for another active sub for a bit cheaper.  For the center speaker, you could swap it with a portable speaker, such as this Edifier to drop the price a little more.

Overall, there is a lot of room to build a 7.1 system, or even just start with a 5.1 system and add another pair into the mix later.  You don't need to buy a pre-packaged 5.1 or 7.1 system to make it work.  Just make sure the speakers are active, unless you plan on buying a pre-amp for the speakers or one for each pair of speakers. 
Alchemist_
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/13 17:36:18 (permalink)
which card sounds better in the middle?
is there a difference between the cards in terms of sound balance?
playboyer
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/14 09:44:20 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
playboyer
EVGATech_LeeM
playboyer

What's your budget?

For our CES show this is what we put together:
  • Front, Side, Rear speakers - Edifier R1280T at $99 per pair = $299
  • Center Speakers - Edifier R980T at $69 per pair = $69 (Due to cabling issues, we only used one speaker out of the pair.  If you do a better job wiring than we had time for, you can use both speakers.)
  • Subwoofer - Sony SACS9 at $199 = $199
  • Total Cost = ~$570
To go a bit cheaper, you could instead use the R980T's for all speakers, or just the main 6 speakers, which drops the price around $90 lower.  You can also look for another active sub for a bit cheaper.  For the center speaker, you could swap it with a portable speaker, such as this Edifier to drop the price a little more.

Overall, there is a lot of room to build a 7.1 system, or even just start with a 5.1 system and add another pair into the mix later.  You don't need to buy a pre-packaged 5.1 or 7.1 system to make it work.  Just make sure the speakers are active, unless you plan on buying a pre-amp for the speakers or one for each pair of speakers. 

Awesome thanks! BTW as for the Center/Sub output, I just need to buy a 3.5mm audio splitter or does the card come with one so I connect both the center and subwoofer?
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/14 10:00:21 (permalink)
playboyer
Awesome thanks! BTW as for the Center/Sub output, I just need to buy a 3.5mm audio splitter or does the card come with one so I connect both the center and subwoofer?

Yeah, we just used a 3.5mm splitter; both splitters went to a 3.5 to RCA cable, but it wasn't a straightforward connection to the center speaker.  Depending on the sub and your center, it might be better to use a different type of splitter, such as a 3.5 to RCA -> into the sub -> then out to the speaker if possible.  The sony sub uses a mono RCA in, but other subs have an L/R RCA.  In hindsight, I think I'd like to find a way to run the audio through the sub and out to the speaker instead.  But that might not be doable. 
AmbroseAthan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 295
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/15 12:44:07 (permalink)
Does the new Pro card, or the old one, allow for output over the headphone line and RCA outs at the same time? (same source)

Recently had to give up on an old Omega Claro Halo sound card being its PCI (not express) and no longer have a slot for it, but dual-outputs was one of the best things it did.

~Ambrose Athan        (affiliate: RQ3A18ZHUR) 
08G-P5-3767-KR       10/29/2020 6:09:04 AM PT    YES
10G-P5-3897-KR       9/23/2020 10:01:49 AM PT    No      
10G-P5-3895-KR       9/23/2020 7:05:04 AM PT      No      
10G-P5-3881-KR       9/17/2020 7:06:59 AM PT      No
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/15 13:45:01 (permalink)
AmbroseAthan
Does the new Pro card, or the old one, allow for output over the headphone line and RCA outs at the same time? (same source)

Recently had to give up on an old Omega Claro Halo sound card being its PCI (not express) and no longer have a slot for it, but dual-outputs was one of the best things it did.

Yes, both support that feature.  You can toggle Line-out, Headphone Out, or have both play at the same time via the NU Audio/NU Audio Pro software.
Burke888
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 09:14:30 (permalink)
Has anyone else had issues installing the drivers for the new card?
I just purchased the new version Tuesday and wasn't able to install the drivers. The installer told me to re-boot my system, which I did. Then after rebooting another installer window would pop up, I would follow those prompts and then at the end the program would say to disconnect the sound card. I tried various options, including unplugging the SATA power, shutting off the entire machine, powering it down, removing the card from the PCIe slot. I even changed PCIE slots. I was never able to install the drivers.

Device Manager detected the card in Windows, but it had a yellow triangle with a caution symbol and a code 10 next to it. I contacted EVGA and we troubleshooted and they suggested I RMA the brand new card. I really don't think it's a hardware issue since the card lights up with RGB and I can hear it click when I boot the machine. I'm doing a cross ship RMA but before I get the new card I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 09:26:26 (permalink)
Burke888
I just purchased the new version Tuesday and wasn't able to install the drivers. The installer told me to re-boot my system, which I did. Then after rebooting another installer window would pop up, I would follow those prompts and then at the end the program would say to disconnect the sound card. I tried various options, including unplugging the SATA power, shutting off the entire machine, powering it down, removing the card from the PCIe slot. I even changed PCIE slots. I was never able to install the drivers.

Device Manager detected the card in Windows, but it had a yellow triangle with a caution symbol and a code 10 next to it. I contacted EVGA and we troubleshooted and they suggested I RMA the brand new card. I really don't think it's a hardware issue since the card lights up with RGB and I can hear it click when I boot the machine. I'm doing a cross ship RMA but before I get the new card I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?

What motherboard do you have?  Also, are you connecting the SATA power directly from the PSU, or are you using an adapter?
Burke888
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 09:30:04 (permalink)
I am running an ASUS Maximux Code XI Z390 motherboard.
I put on a fresh SATA power cable into the modular PSU with no other devices on the SATA power strand.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 10:06:51 (permalink)
New drives coming Out soon ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 10:13:31 (permalink)
Burke888

Your Win 10 fully up to date ?

Your MB use a PLX chip to get more PCIe buses ?

When installing ...are you getting several security alerts to be generated in Windows 10 ... "blocked program" ... you need to: check "Windows Security"

"Allow an App through Controlled folder access"

check the: "Recently blocked apps" ---> if you noticed a Security pop-up during the Software's install

Handy step by step how to:   Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Burke888
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 12:42:58 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2020/01/17 14:15:19
I appreciate Cool GTX and LeeM for the replies!

It turns out, this was user error (Yes, it can happen to you believe it or not haha).
I was installing the Nu Audio software package instead of the actual drivers. When I went to the EVGA website, I went to the section that contained the other EVGA software, and downloaded the Nu Audio package instead of the the drivers themselves.

If anyone else is encountering this issue, please be sure to install the actual drivers and not the audio software. Here is a link to the drivers.
https://www.evga.com/support/download/showdlinfo.aspx?id=16900&type=N&acctype=Audio%20Driver%20-%20EVGA%20NU%20Audio%20Pro&accversion=1.0.1.0&part_number=Default
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/17 14:14:00 (permalink)
@ Burke888 --> Thanks for the Update

Sounds like a Caffeine failure ..... it Happens

Your link is a little long & not going to the correct area for me ... So, https://www.evga.com/support/download/

Glad its Working with the Driver installed 

mr_scary
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 426
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/01/18 21:04:36 (permalink)
DannyW75
Having 7.1 on a headset is nothing but a gimmick. If you want good positional audio in a headphone, just buy a real headphone. For under 200 US, you can get the Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 Ohm headphones, and it will blow that Razer trash out of the water. The DT 880 is neutral, detailed, and has an excellent soundstage. You can detect exactly where everything is in games. For the 200 bucks price level, you can't beat this headphone.

https://www.amazon.com/be...=1578165876&sr=8-1

I understand most 7.1 (Virtual) headphones are a gimmick, they suck., But I'm referring to actual analog 7.1 headset. Tiamat 7.1 analog
I have studio headphones for my music recording, but I'm wanting a surround gaming headset for casual listening, Gaming, Youtube, Discord, etc.. while still having a true surround. 
Otherwise I am stuck with using only a speaker setup.

xbuster
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/02/06 12:59:33 (permalink)
Hello dear Evga,

I am writing to you about my return from France. I am François, i am 37 years old and since childhood, i have been a Hi-Fi fan.
I had several sound cards and various amplifiers and speakers. Currently on my main system I have a Marantz PM7000N amp and a pair of Klipsch HERESY III.
It is a high performance system that does not forgive the level of the signal that it is provided.
So I bought an Evga Nu Audio Pro that I run an analog in 32bit 384Khz. I am delighted with the result! congratulations !
The sound is well balanced, the sound scene is vast and the dynamics are impressive.

IMHO, I think you have the best card on the consumer market. Thank you for this gift! it’s a blessing.
Continue like this EVGA! and take care of yourself.

In a friendly way,
François.
post edited by xbuster - 2020/02/06 22:01:51

I7-7700k, GA-Z270x Ultra Gaming, 16Go 3200Mhz CL16, MSI GTX 1080TI Gaming X, Samsung Evo 2TB SSD, EVGA Nu Audio Pro, Cooler Master Gold 800w Pro 80+
hammocka
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/02/21 12:20:01 (permalink)
Hi all,

I'm planning on installing my NU Pro 7.1 tonight and was wondering; I got both cards (that's all you can buy right now), if I ONLY plan on using my DT 1990 headphones, is there ANY reason to install the second surround sound card? Was thinking the only reason would be to enable 7.1 headphone surround for video games but not sure if that's a thing or not.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
playboyer
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/02/25 20:48:29 (permalink)
I just installed the NU Pro card.  I don't see the adjustment for the headphone ohms settings.  

*nvm figured it out.
post edited by playboyer - 2020/02/27 20:03:33
JimBeamBlack
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 233
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/02 08:16:56 (permalink)
 Hey y'all, does this setup require 2 actual pcie slots? In the interface section it says "PCIe x1 Gen2, mini-DP" which I assume means 1 pcie powered slot and 1 MDP, is this correct? I can't tell if that second cards pci interface is just a place holder or an actual powered interface.

If so I'm out of luck....

thanks

EVGA Z590 Dark ; i9 11900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 ; EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra3 ; Creative AE-7 ; Win 11 64bit Pro : EVGA 1200 Plat PSU

EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/02 11:25:10 (permalink)
JimBeamBlack
 Hey y'all, does this setup require 2 actual pcie slots? In the interface section it says "PCIe x1 Gen2, mini-DP" which I assume means 1 pcie powered slot and 1 MDP, is this correct? I can't tell if that second cards pci interface is just a place holder or an actual powered interface.

If so I'm out of luck....

thanks

You'll need one PCIe slot for each card.  If you're still on the Z390 DARK, you might still be able to work the lanes to get both on there.
xMoac
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/09 05:17:37 (permalink)
I am interested in purchasing this new audio card, could someone answer me this?
I have active speakers (Kef LSX) connected via the Spdif port on a motherboard to my PC, my question is, will the Optical Toslink on the NU Audio Soundcard pro deliver any improvements to my sound? (given Kef LSX are active speakers and run via Toslink)? Is there better isolation from interferences compared to motherboard built-in SPDIF?
Moreover, SPDIF and Toslink...I read that the differences are that Toslink can deliver higher quality sound (more lanes) , Kef LSX has Toslink port and my cable is Toslink (QED Reference Optical Quartz)...my motherboard says it has a SPDIF, will going to NU Audio (having Toslink) improve my sound?
Thank You
post edited by xMoac - 2020/03/09 05:20:41
DEJ915
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 544
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/09 15:56:35 (permalink)
xMoac
I am interested in purchasing this new audio card, could someone answer me this?
I have active speakers (Kef LSX) connected via the Spdif port on a motherboard to my PC, my question is, will the Optical Toslink on the NU Audio Soundcard pro deliver any improvements to my sound? (given Kef LSX are active speakers and run via Toslink)? Is there better isolation from interferences compared to motherboard built-in SPDIF?
Moreover, SPDIF and Toslink...I read that the differences are that Toslink can deliver higher quality sound (more lanes) , Kef LSX has Toslink port and my cable is Toslink (QED Reference Optical Quartz)...my motherboard says it has a SPDIF, will going to NU Audio (having Toslink) improve my sound?
Thank You

toslink is just a name for optical SPDIF, SPDIF is the audio format transferred either via optical cable or coaxial cable.  The signal is digital until decoded by your speakers digital to analog converter so the NU Audio card won't improve the sound quality at all it basically functions as a pass through device.  Some software for sound cards can change the sound via eq, etc. before it spits it out the digital output but I personally wouldn't get an upgrade sound card just for that.   Only reason I got mine is for headphone output, otherwise I'd just use onboard.
Vivicector
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/17 09:18:28 (permalink)
Guys, I have just received the card and have some questions now. The additional pro surround card is connected by DP to the main card. But does it rly need PCI-E port? 

As well, due to the slots on my MB (I have 2 PCI, and they spoil things), the additional card is sandwitched between the videocard backplate and processor cooler ribs. How will it react to additional temp?
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/17 09:32:54 (permalink)
Vivicector
Guys, I have just received the card and have some questions now. The additional pro surround card is connected by DP to the main card. But does it rly need PCI-E port? 

As well, due to the slots on my MB (I have 2 PCI, and they spoil things), the additional card is sandwitched between the videocard backplate and processor cooler ribs. How will it react to additional temp?

Yes, it requires a PCIe slot.  Prior to production, we did actually test it both ways.  We found that the card was more stable and improved performance if it also received power via PCIe.

Temps won't be an issue.  The I/O shield is really only for EMS protection on the daughter board (and looks).
Vivicector
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/17 12:50:39 (permalink)
OK, been testing it a bit. The mic input is what gives me the most troubles. The input is picking a lot of background noise, sometimes "electrical" sounds and I can even hear the mouse moving through the mic echo play! What the hell? Is it not shielded in some way? My onboard sound card has no such issues. Can something be done?
EVGA_Lee
Re: Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven 2020/03/17 13:38:01 (permalink)
Vivicector
OK, been testing it a bit. The mic input is what gives me the most troubles. The input is picking a lot of background noise, sometimes "electrical" sounds and I can even hear the mouse moving through the mic echo play! What the hell? Is it not shielded in some way? My onboard sound card has no such issues. Can something be done?

What happens if you switch to the Line-In input?
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile