Need your help picking a GPU

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
yaggaz
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1509
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Need your help picking a GPU 2020/04/03 16:37:29 (permalink)
sydneyblue
It depends on what resolution you play. Im on 1440p and love my new 2080 super despite it having no backplate 

Amen to that :)

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
tdkid1
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Need your help picking a GPU 2020/04/04 05:56:57 (permalink)
Miguell
polecats03
Went with the 2080 Ti SC Ultra. Couldn't justify the extra money when I am not going to OC the card. Also did the extra 10 yr warranty so woot woot!! Thanks everyone!!!

i would tell you to go with the 3080 Ti that  would release soon...
but with this worldwide pandemic going on...  i cannot advise that anymore to anyone  'cause i am not sure what will happen with new tech release dates...
no one knows!

i have the 1080 Ti and i can absolutely say i love it!

and altho i am totally against the 2000 gen due to its ridiculous price tag and low performance gain compared to previous gen.. i must admit that  right now...  its the way to go in these uncertain times!

hope you enjoy your new card   as mine shreds anything i throw at it specially at 2560x1400 res

I didn't see the 30XX series GPUs coming out "soon" anyway. as far as I can tell, most of the time the "release" date is just the announcement date that they are going to be making this GPUs with it still taking months or a year to get on the shelves as every company that sells them is going to need a stock of them and that is what takes the time. and then there is what is going on right now pushing everything back several months.

a good teacher will not give you the answer you seek, they will help you learn as to why you had that problem and will guide you to the solution that works for it so you can pass the knowledge on.

Associate Code: RJVGCE38ZNYRH45

Rewards Program Code is: ISWBJCPO8X
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Need your help picking a GPU 2020/04/04 07:13:48 (permalink)
tdkid1

I didn't see the 30XX series GPUs coming out "soon" anyway. as far as I can tell, most of the time the "release" date is just the announcement date that they are going to be making this GPUs with it still taking months or a year to get on the shelves as every company that sells them is going to need a stock of them and that is what takes the time. and then there is what is going on right now pushing everything back several months.

There could be delays but if history has a say, we'll be seeing something in the Aug/Sept time frame possibly unless the virus has delayed things, which wouldn't be surprising.

The reason why you don't see a single GPU on release date is because of the preorders as they're already sold out.  I don't think I've ever seen it take a year for things to normalize.  Maybe 6 months.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile