EVGA

AnsweredEVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder!

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
arubiana
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/11/30 20:07:17 (permalink)
Yep, I did, great minds think alike, huh? $140 is too much for what is essentially a $60 chassis when some tempered glass and RGB fixtures slapped on. Speaking of RGB, that's really an odd choice to obscure the EVGA logo on the white case. Have you figured out what you might get instead? I'm considering, Corsair, NZXT and Phanteks now. 

harvestmoon07 
Hahaha wow did you really? I actually did the same thing.  After watching a video of it being used there were a few too many things that bothered me about it. I still love the aesthetic of it but alas, I let that part of it sway me too much. The frame of it being the same as even the lower tiered models feels kinda cruddy and I knew the airflow would be subpar already but I was trying to overlook that. Also the front rgb light that says EVGA being covered by the front panel glass where you can't even see it seems really silly. I guess on the black version you can see it but I find that sloppy being included but not even able to be seen on the white version. Also it seems they still list there being a USB type c port but I saw no evidence of such a port on the actual case. That'll teach me to pre order something like this again :P

harvestmoon07
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/11/30 20:18:01 (permalink)
arubiana
Yep, I did, great minds think alike, huh? $140 is too much for what is essentially a $60 chassis when some tempered glass and RGB fixtures slapped on. Speaking of RGB, that's really an odd choice to obscure the EVGA logo on the white case. Have you figured out what you might get instead? I'm considering, Corsair, NZXT and Phanteks now. 

Yeah, definitely so!  Even at the pre order discount price it's too much for what you're getting here unfortunately, imo. I ended up going with my initial choice which was the Enthoo Pro M SE. Really like the white inside with the 2 included rgb fan frames. It actually already arrived and I checked it out in person before I put it up as I wait for the rest of my part to build in. Very nice build quality and should be very good air intake with the mesh holes in the front. Which corsair or nzxt cases are you feeling interested in?
Muezick
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 305
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/11/30 21:00:51 (permalink)
yeah the thing with the EVGA logo on the front with the white chasis is just so half assed man. When I saw that i was just like "No way man" combined with all the other minor stupid design decisions they made. They aren't gonna sell too many of these i don't think.
harvestmoon07
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/11/30 21:52:11 (permalink)
Muezick
yeah the thing with the EVGA logo on the front with the white chasis is just so half assed man. When I saw that i was just like "No way man" combined with all the other minor stupid design decisions they made. They aren't gonna sell too many of these i don't think.

That EVGA logo thing is such a minor aspect in the grand scheme of the case but it manages to bother me a lot. It just jumps out to me as something they didn't put a lot of thought into or they just said eff it and half assed it like you said. Very unfortunate design in several places :/  I really wanted that case to be good too.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/11/30 23:47:45 (permalink)
MSim
Hoggle
ForSerious
Heh, no slot for a disc drive. Welp, so much for this having everything I need. Got super close though with the windowless white one!

You can always get an external DVD/Blu-Ray you can even find reasonably priced enclosure. It seems like more and more cases are starting to go without support for physical media making the external options better.

That would make the DG-77 case even more expensive to go with for someone who still like to use optical drive. Internal optical drives are better protected. 

I guess it's a yes and no. I have a bunch of older software and my laptop lacked an optical drive. So it fixed an issue. I am guessing a lot of people are on the same boat as me in that laptops seem to not have optical drives and really they are not that expensive. Still I agree it is a little bit extra but at the same time I feel external does offer some good that can't be overlooked.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/01 07:15:16 (permalink)
Hoggle
MSim
Hoggle
ForSerious
Heh, no slot for a disc drive. Welp, so much for this having everything I need. Got super close though with the windowless white one!

You can always get an external DVD/Blu-Ray you can even find reasonably priced enclosure. It seems like more and more cases are starting to go without support for physical media making the external options better.

That would make the DG-77 case even more expensive to go with for someone who still like to use optical drive. Internal optical drives are better protected. 

I guess it's a yes and no. I have a bunch of older software and my laptop lacked an optical drive. So it fixed an issue. I am guessing a lot of people are on the same boat as me in that laptops seem to not have optical drives and really they are not that expensive. Still I agree it is a little bit extra but at the same time I feel external does offer some good that can't be overlooked.

It would be nice if mfg would make cases modular. Allow customers to order a different front panel and 5.25bay. That would help them attract more customers. 

arubiana
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/01 09:33:36 (permalink)
The Enthoo Pro M SE is a gorgeous case! I hope it meets your needs. :) I'm trying to decide between the NZXT h700i or S340 Elite, the Corsair 460X or possibly one of the Be Quiet cases, either the 700 Dark base or the 800 series. I want decent airflow and good construction quality, because I'll be using the case for the next 3-4 years at minimum. I like the Be Quiet 700. but I keep hearing its flimsy, but I like there's enough fan mounting points for my set up.

harvestmoon07
Yeah, definitely so!  Even at the pre order discount price it's too much for what you're getting here unfortunately, imo. I ended up going with my initial choice which was the Enthoo Pro M SE. Really like the white inside with the 2 included rgb fan frames. It actually already arrived and I checked it out in person before I put it up as I wait for the rest of my part to build in. Very nice build quality and should be very good air intake with the mesh holes in the front. Which corsair or nzxt cases are you feeling interested in?

harvestmoon07
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/01 11:23:21 (permalink)
arubiana
The Enthoo Pro M SE is a gorgeous case! I hope it meets your needs. :) I'm trying to decide between the NZXT h700i or S340 Elite, the Corsair 460X or possibly one of the Be Quiet cases, either the 700 Dark base or the 800 series. I want decent airflow and good construction quality, because I'll be using the case for the next 3-4 years at minimum. I like the Be Quiet 700. but I keep hearing its flimsy, but I like there's enough fan mounting points for my set up.

Thank you. I think it manages to cover all my needs while still being pretty nice looking too!  Hope you find your alternate case as well.  The h700i was on my list of possible options too. The build quality looks top notch but the price point was a bit high for my liking since it comes included with that smart controller thing. :-(   It's a big price jump over the s340 elite that's for sure. I love that they come in several different color options too. Do you like the corsair 460x over the 570x?
un4givn85
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 903
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/01 13:23:29 (permalink)
If the Enthoo Pro M SE is anything like the Enthoo Pro M, which I am sure it is, you will love it.
Great case, great airflow, great build quality. and good looking too.

Folding equipment - 3080 FTW3, 2070, 1660S, 1060 6G, 1050ti, 980 - All EVGA

arubiana
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/01 22:17:09 (permalink)
Thanks! The h700i would be pretty good if it didn't include a fan controller and RGB hub. I use corsair for my fan and lighting needs, so its not worth the price atm. 
I like the 460X, but the top doesn't really have enough room for an AIO. I'm gonna look at the Enthoo a bit more closely, and see if maybe that will work for me too. 

harvestmoon07

Thank you. I think it manages to cover all my needs while still being pretty nice looking too!  Hope you find your alternate case as well.  The h700i was on my list of possible options too. The build quality looks top notch but the price point was a bit high for my liking since it comes included with that smart controller thing. :-(   It's a big price jump over the s340 elite that's for sure. I love that they come in several different color options too. Do you like the corsair 460x over the 570x?

harvestmoon07
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/01 22:49:41 (permalink)
arubiana
Thanks! The h700i would be pretty good if it didn't include a fan controller and RGB hub. I use corsair for my fan and lighting needs, so its not worth the price atm. 
I like the 460X, but the top doesn't really have enough room for an AIO. I'm gonna look at the Enthoo a bit more closely, and see if maybe that will work for me too. 

My thoughts exactly. A cheaper version without that part would be much better to me. I was tempted by the 570x but they made the power supply shroud look really cheap and somehow the 460x's looks better than it. It's so strange. Also seems a bit smaller than I'd like too. 

But I would definitely vouch for the enthoo pro m already. It's not perfect but I haven't even found super expensive ones that tick ALL the boxes I'd want either. But this one covers the big points for me. Tempered glass, good dust filters, power supply shroud, lots of AIO/fan support without choking the fans in places either. That seems far too common with new cases this year. There's a bracket in the top of it for a radiator and such that slides out too. I won't be using it personally as I'm going for the jumbo tower cooler route (D15) but it's a nice thing to have in case I swap to one later on. 

arubiana
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/02 09:31:24 (permalink)

I'm gonna have to keep looking, for a bit. Who knows? I may just end up buying all of my other components, and then just buying a case as an after thought.   feel the S340 Elite would be perfect if it has 2 fans slots at the top instead of one. 

harvestmoon07

My thoughts exactly. A cheaper version without that part would be much better to me. I was tempted by the 570x but they made the power supply shroud look really cheap and somehow the 460x's looks better than it. It's so strange. Also seems a bit smaller than I'd like too. 

But I would definitely vouch for the enthoo pro m already. It's not perfect but I haven't even found super expensive ones that tick ALL the boxes I'd want either. But this one covers the big points for me. Tempered glass, good dust filters, power supply shroud, lots of AIO/fan support without choking the fans in places either. That seems far too common with new cases this year. There's a bracket in the top of it for a radiator and such that slides out too. I won't be using it personally as I'm going for the jumbo tower cooler route (D15) but it's a nice thing to have in case I swap to one later on. 

harvestmoon07
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/02 10:39:36 (permalink)
arubiana

I'm gonna have to keep looking, for a bit. Who knows? I may just end up buying all of my other components, and then just buying a case as an after thought.   feel the S340 Elite would be perfect if it has 2 fans slots at the top instead of one. 

I think that's not a bad idea honestly. Depending on when you plan to have the rest of your other parts in you can just wait and maybe someone will  put out a new case for release that catches your interest better!  In Win just dropped their white and wood accented 305 case and I love how it looks but it doesn't come with any stock fans :-/  Bit annoying on a case that costs like 120 already..
OnionOfShame
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/08 13:58:02 (permalink)
EVGA_AndyL
Cruzix
I'm confused about the DG-75.

In the specs It says it has tempered glass on 2 sides.

However on the picture for the white version, it looks like it has no tempered glass at all, so which one is it?

Edit:
Also why the different case size? I cant tell the difference on them D:

For the DG75 both the front and side panel are "frosted" tempered glass. 

I was looking at the white DG-75 as well, but the lack of a transparent window is kind of disappointing, and the 76 and 77 cost a lot more than I was looking to spend.  How opaque is the frosted glass?  Like can you see any parts through it, or maybe lights, or is it dark enough that you can't see anything at all?

To me it seems like it defeats the purpose of having a glass panel in the first place (if it is too opaque), but I haven't seen it in person so I can't say for sure.  I do like the look of frosted glass in other situations though, so maybe I would like this too.

Are there any photos of the white DG-75 with parts inside?  I'd like to see what it actually looks like in practice.
post edited by OnionOfShame - 2017/12/08 14:21:41
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/08 15:22:56 (permalink)
OnionOfShame
I was looking at the white DG-75 as well, but the lack of a transparent window is kind of disappointing, and the 76 and 77 cost a lot more than I was looking to spend.  How opaque is the frosted glass?  Like can you see any parts through it, or maybe lights, or is it dark enough that you can't see anything at all?

To me it seems like it defeats the purpose of having a glass panel in the first place (if it is too opaque), but I haven't seen it in person so I can't say for sure.  I do like the look of frosted glass in other situations though, so maybe I would like this too.

Are there any photos of the white DG-75 with parts inside?  I'd like to see what it actually looks like in practice.

It's like 98% opaque.  You can't see hardware through the right panel or front panel white or black tempered glass.

DG-77 White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_-VoQLpws

DG-77 Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8LpLrrpjA

jpuhakka
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/14 02:41:01 (permalink)
How much is top clearance for radiator? It looks like its around 35mm or so which really cant fit any radiator before hitting top of motherboard?
Does 280 fit on top, or 240 only (Mostly top clearance is the question) My friend has this chassis and he had to remove top fan to install motherboard, so it looks like its pretty tight spot there?
Artah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/25 10:55:41 (permalink)
GoldmanHuang
is the ATX case dg77 suitable for the x299dark? and the CLC should be extended to 360mm to overcome 7980xe

Don't know if you got an answer on this but the Dark is EATX and this DG-77 case is ATX only, was told by support that it's not going to fit.  I bought Dark and I was going to put it in this case and was sad that it was not going to work.
Slimshiesty
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2933
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/25 22:18:30 (permalink)
Some of you may be missing out on a case that only a few have talked about.
The Lian Li Alpha 550X, This seems to be everything the EVGA DG-7 series should have been.
Im loving this case, and the reviews are good almost everywhere i have looked.
The fans that come with it are pretty nice too.
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt-portfolio/pc-a550/

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/26 05:16:21 (permalink)
Slimshiesty
The Lian Li Alpha 550X, This seems to be everything the EVGA DG-7 series should have been.
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt-portfolio/pc-a550/

You can tell which company main focus is designing high-end computer cases. Another thing you don't see is tacky branding all over Lian-Li cases. Consumers don't like that on premium products at all. Corsair was bashed for it's tramp stamp on it's "Gaming" keyboards and mice. They listened to feedback and removed it.

Nothing left out of Lian-Li product image. You can see the front/top/psu quality dust filters too.

How does the airflow compare to DG-77 case. One video i watched the reviewer was talking about how the airflow on 550X might be a little too restricting for some users.

Slimshiesty
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2933
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2017/12/26 15:43:41 (permalink)
"How does the airflow compare to DG-77 case. One video i watched the reviewer was talking about how the airflow on 550X might be a little too restricting for some users. "

Not as restricting as the Corsair 460, or the Thermaltake view 31. But it is 1-2 C's higher than i would like, but not that bad.

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

ShadowWolf81
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/21 19:33:54 (permalink)
So... Stumbled onto this case as it was linked at the bottom of a CS E-mail i had gotten about a different item :)

It MAY replace my currently planed case for a new PC build i plan to do with my Tax Return this year.

I do have 2 questions though.

1) Will it support mounting 3 SSD's?  Specifically the 850 EVO's from Samsun? (Planning to have 1x 250SSD for the OS, 1x500SSD for a specific programm, and a 1TBSSD for everything else)

2) Just how sturdy is the Vertical Mound GPU?  THAT is what has me sold on possibly getting it as i'd love to take that weight off the Motherboard (and would keep me from having to get a GPU Support Bracket.)  Is there anything holding the GPU's on the left? or is it purely just 'balancing' on the mounted bracket at the bottom? Its a bit hard to tell from the pictures :)

Thanks for any Reply!

Case: Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Vertical GPU Modular E-ATX Gaming Full Tower
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 802.11AC WIFI X299 ATX
CPU: Intel Core i9-7900X Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB 360mm Radiator
Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 48GB (6 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 4133MHz
Video Card: NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Jedi Order COLLECTORS EDITION
OS HD: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)
SC HD: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW)
Files HD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)
Game HD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB Pluss 850W
PietroBR
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1202
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/22 02:20:50 (permalink)
ShadowWolf81
So... Stumbled onto this case as it was linked at the bottom of a CS E-mail i had gotten about a different item :)

It MAY replace my currently planed case for a new PC build i plan to do with my Tax Return this year.

I do have 2 questions though.

1) Will it support mounting 3 SSD's?  Specifically the 850 EVO's from Samsun? (Planning to have 1x 250SSD for the OS, 1x500SSD for a specific programm, and a 1TBSSD for everything else)

2) Just how sturdy is the Vertical Mound GPU?  THAT is what has me sold on possibly getting it as i'd love to take that weight off the Motherboard (and would keep me from having to get a GPU Support Bracket.)  Is there anything holding the GPU's on the left? or is it purely just 'balancing' on the mounted bracket at the bottom? Its a bit hard to tell from the pictures :)

Thanks for any Reply!

1) For what it looks like, it can support 4 SSD's, or 2 SSD's + 2 HDD's.

https://youtu.be/pd_-VoQLpws?t=6m31s

2) The vertical mount is fixed by two screws over the PSU shroud + 2 thumbscrews on the 2 separetaded PCI brackets designed for it (if I'm not wrong, there is a bracket you should install in the GPU, before mounting it onto the case).

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

ShadowWolf81
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/22 15:27:56 (permalink)
PietroBR

1) For what it looks like, it can support 4 SSD's, or 2 SSD's + 2 HDD's.

https://youtu.be/pd_-VoQLpws?t=6m31s

2) The vertical mount is fixed by two screws over the PSU shroud + 2 thumbscrews on the 2 separetaded PCI brackets designed for it (if I'm not wrong, there is a bracket you should install in the GPU, before mounting it onto the case).

Ahh, thanks for the info :)

Feel much better about possibly getting it now know its more than just the bracket sitting on-top of the PSU cage is supporting the video card.  It wasnt 100% clear in the pictures just how it worked :)

Case: Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Vertical GPU Modular E-ATX Gaming Full Tower
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 802.11AC WIFI X299 ATX
OS HD: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)
So Crates
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/22 16:03:52 (permalink)
Slimshiesty

Thats a very nice looking case. I have never heard of that company
jpuhakka
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/23 22:30:50 (permalink)
ShadowWolf81

Thanks for any Reply!

I have installed my DG-77 "fully", and I have 4 x ssd and 1 hdd (2 SSD in behind motherboard + 1 3.5" at lower space and then 2 x 2.5" to 3.5" installation cage in top slot. 
Only cabling was bit tight but it work out in the end.
Aquavolt
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/24 00:56:13 (permalink)
jpuhakka

I have installed my DG-77 "fully", and I have 4 x ssd and 1 hdd (2 SSD in behind motherboard + 1 3.5" at lower space and then 2 x 2.5" to 3.5" installation cage in top slot. 

Do you have pics? How do you like it?
ShadowWolf81
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/26 19:00:20 (permalink)
jpuhakka
ShadowWolf81

Thanks for any Reply!

Would like to see some pictures as well.  And how are the Temp's when your under load?

Just saw a youtube review on the case, and the reviewer was mentioning how both the top and front air-intakes are majorly hindered by the way the glass covers are designed :T

It's actually making me think about going back to possibly getting the Corsair 760T rather than the DG-77.  I LOVE the idea of the vertical mounted GPU.. but if the system cant run well with what i plan to put into it.. (ie: CPU Radiator at the top, which the reviewer said was hard to do due to lack of spacing between MB and Fan/Cooler mountinig height), then i'll just be setting myself up for headaches. :(

Would really like to see some pictures of your build.. and a average of the temperatures your seeing on yours.

SierraWolf117
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/27 22:43:17 (permalink)
Woah, seeing these for the first time and I've never seen such a pretty box, and I'm looking to get a case soon so I'll keep these in mind.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/27 23:11:12 (permalink)
SierraWolf117
Woah, seeing these for the first time and I've never seen such a pretty box, and I'm looking to get a case soon so I'll keep these in mind.

Be sure to check out this thread below, it has links to reviews.

https://forums.evga.com/DG77-Review-by-HardwareCanucks-m2734282.aspx

kylerxiii
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA DG-7 Gaming Case - Now Available for Preorder! 2018/01/28 07:25:27 (permalink)
Really loving that new case, bookmarked for my next build
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile