Answered3d mark errors

Author
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
2017/06/05 18:13:26 (permalink)
ok running the latest version of 3d mark, can run fire strike with out issue, time spy will get through the first test then crash with no reason given, other tests such as skydiver finish but give me some time error. i have disable nvidia share and closed the app, closed all other apps that im not using  and still the same thing. what gets me is i can firestrike all day perfectly. any suggestions? 
post edited by quadlatte - 2017/06/05 18:18:31

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
MDeckerM
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1799
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 18:31:50 (permalink)
Lower your CPU overclock and keep the voltage the same. Run the bench again to see if you get through without a crash.
HelixBrightstar
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 18:42:53 (permalink)
quadlatte
ok running the latest version of 3d mark, can run fire strike with out issue, time spy will get through the first test then crash with no reason given, other tests such as skydiver finish but give me some time error. i have disable nvidia share and closed the app, closed all other apps that im not using  and still the same thing. what gets me is i can firestrike all day perfectly. any suggestions? 

I went through this today with a Futuremark Support staff member.  It turns out that running Precision XOC caused the crash in TimeSpy for me during the graphics test.  After closing Precision XOC, TimeSpy ran flawlessly for me.  I hope this helps you as well if dialing back your OC does not.

Be the change you want to see in others.

CASE: IN WIN GRone White Steel ATX Full Tower
MOBO: GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU: i7-6700K at 4.6 GHz                                  
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO 
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW 
RAM: G. SKILL TridentZ Series 16 GB DDR4
PSU: CORSAIR RM750X 750W 80 PLUS GOLD

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 18:49:37 (permalink)
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte

I went through this today with a Futuremark Support staff member.  It turns out that running Precision XOC caused the crash in TimeSpy for me during the graphics test.  After closing Precision XOC, TimeSpy ran flawlessly for me.  I hope this helps you as well if dialing back your OC does not.

I will try that, although that will leave my gpu fan off until it hits 60c which i dont care for at all.

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 18:51:14 (permalink)
EVGATech_MDecker
Lower your CPU overclock and keep the voltage the same. Run the bench again to see if you get through without a crash.

Ok. But why would firestrike run and 3d mark 11 run without issue? Plus all other stress testing has passed with flying colors

HelixBrightstar
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 18:51:45 (permalink)
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte

I will try that, although that will leave my gpu fan off until it hits 60c which i dont care for at all.

The Fan Curve you set will still be active.  As a precaution, select the "Start Up" in the Menu area where the OSD settings are.

HelixBrightstar
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 18:52:56 (permalink)
quadlatte
EVGATech_MDecker

Ok. But why would firestrike run and 3d mark 11 run without issue? Plus all other stress testing has passed with flying colors

It is a conflict with Direct X 12 is what the rep from Futuremark told me today.  I had the same exact issue that you are having - Firestrike ran perfectly but not TimeSpy.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 19:07:24 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2017/06/06 10:47:13
You may have success if you:

Turn OFF the OSD in Precision while running TimeSpy

I'd also shut down most/ all background programs

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 22:42:50 (permalink)
Cool GTX

that was exactly the fix (just the OSD in precision). that is the only change made also, so everything else that would normally run at startup was left as is, ran time spy twice (which was crashing after first gpu test ) and sky diver ( which was giving me the "TIME MEASUREMENT DATA NOT AVAILABLE..." error ) so it is the OSD in precision. just to double check i turned the OSD back on and re-ran the tests which both failed as before. so the question is is there going to be a fix or is a known issue that cant be fixed, doesnt bother me so much as i really dont need the osd since i have a second monitor for stuff like that anyways and the FPS can be displayed in my G15 keyboard display.

HelixBrightstar
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 22:51:14 (permalink)
quadlatte
Cool GTX

that was exactly the fix (just the OSD in precision). that is the only change made also, so everything else that would normally run at startup was left as is, ran time spy twice (which was crashing after first gpu test ) and sky diver ( which was giving me the "TIME MEASUREMENT DATA NOT AVAILABLE..." error ) so it is the OSD in precision. just to double check i turned the OSD back on and re-ran the tests which both failed as before. so the question is is there going to be a fix or is a known issue that cant be fixed, doesnt bother me so much as i really dont need the osd since i have a second monitor for stuff like that anyways and the FPS can be displayed in my G15 keyboard display.

I am glad to here that was the only thing.  I am going to try running TimeSpy with just the OSD turned off and hopefully, I'll have the same result as you.  Thank you for sharing your success!

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/05 22:57:35 (permalink)
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
Cool GTX

I am glad to here that was the only thing.  I am going to try running TimeSpy with just the OSD turned off and hopefully, I'll have the same result as you.  Thank you for sharing your success!

yeah i tried it with precision closed fully and it worked but my fans didnt come on until the card hit 60c then shot up to 78c which i dont like, my m.2 boot drive sits under there and i dont want to bake it with these weak stock fan profiles that evga has. maybe ill try the other bios on my card or mod it to have a better curve. 

HelixBrightstar
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/06 00:23:16 (permalink)
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
Cool GTX

yeah i tried it with precision closed fully and it worked but my fans didnt come on until the card hit 60c then shot up to 78c which i dont like, my m.2 boot drive sits under there and i dont want to bake it with these weak stock fan profiles that evga has. maybe ill try the other bios on my card or mod it to have a better curve. 

Wow, 78C!  I certainly understand what you mean now.  I use my m.2 to run my Adobe CC suite and the like - I use an SSD for my OS.  At some point I may switch that around.  Anyway, I just ran Time Spy with Precision XOC running and up on my other monitor with the OSD off and as you said, it worked flawlessly.  That is awesome.  

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/06 00:29:26 (permalink)
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
Cool GTX

Wow, 78C!  I certainly understand what you mean now.  I use my m.2 to run my Adobe CC suite and the like - I use an SSD for my OS.  At some point I may switch that around.  Anyway, I just ran Time Spy with Precision XOC running and up on my other monitor with the OSD off and as you said, it worked flawlessly.  That is awesome.  

i put in a bug ticket and posted in the precision bug post by Jacob. hopefully they will get it fixed. now im going to mod my vbios to change the fan settings so if precision acts up more i can still have a cool card.
as for booting from a nvme, if get one of the faster ones like the samsung 960 evo its great, it will feel faster. i also tried the intel 600p and it was really no faster than a sata SSD, but thats the low end of nvme drives. hopefully the prices will come down with the new bunch of drives coming to market this summer 

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/06 10:46:53 (permalink)
quadlatte
Cool GTX

Happy to have Helped

Glad your getting the benchmarks to run.

Thanks for putting in the bug report

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/06 12:47:30 (permalink)
quadlatte
so the question is is there going to be a fix or is a known issue that cant be fixed, doesnt bother me so much as i really dont need the osd since i have a second monitor for stuff like that anyways and the FPS can be displayed in my G15 keyboard display.

MSI Afterburners osd doesn't have the problem.
HelixBrightstar
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/06 13:09:06 (permalink)
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
Cool GTX

i put in a bug ticket and posted in the precision bug post by Jacob. hopefully they will get it fixed. now im going to mod my vbios to change the fan settings so if precision acts up more i can still have a cool card.
as for booting from a nvme, if get one of the faster ones like the samsung 960 evo its great, it will feel faster. i also tried the intel 600p and it was really no faster than a sata SSD, but thats the low end of nvme drives. hopefully the prices will come down with the new bunch of drives coming to market this summer 

Great thinking with the bug report about the issue with Precision XOC's OSD. 

Thank you for the insight about the NVME vs Sata SSD boot drives.  My motherboard has a second M.2 slot, I may get a faster NVME drive when I can as long I don't lose any Sata ports (all of mine are populates with mechanical drives) - right now the one I have is the ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 128GB Ultimate 3D NAND Solid State Drive (ASU800NS38-128GT-C)  and it is on the lower end yet it does what I bought it to do effectively well.

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: 3d mark errors 2017/06/06 17:42:01 (permalink)
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
HelixBrightstar
quadlatte
Cool GTX

Great thinking with the bug report about the issue with Precision XOC's OSD. 

Thank you for the insight about the NVME vs Sata SSD boot drives.  My motherboard has a second M.2 slot, I may get a faster NVME drive when I can as long I don't lose any Sata ports (all of mine are populates with mechanical drives) - right now the one I have is the ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 128GB Ultimate 3D NAND Solid State Drive (ASU800NS38-128GT-C)  and it is on the lower end yet it does what I bought it to do effectively well.

this my two nvme drives, to say the samsung smokes intel is a understatement 

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile