EVGA

AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..546547548549550.. > >> Showing page 550 of 2018
Author
OLIVR
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:47:49 (permalink)
So EVGA is still sending out cards to online stores? Just got an alert for 3070 avail. at Amazon.

Same with FTW 3080's the other day.

Everything goes to scalpers.

10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:07:47 AM
UPDATE: Email Received 06/02/21 - Purchased - Queue #146 OLIVR

justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3086
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:48:58 (permalink)
Straykatt
Everyone has the right to their opinion, this is still America right? The bottom line he's conveying is why have us sign up for a card with the assumption we would actually get one. In my case I signed up for the Xc3 gaming, I like the look of the card the best and it seemed reasonably priced so that was the one I signed up for on 09/16. Most comments say patience is a venture, just be patient they're coming - from my point of view its a different story. I have been patient, how long do you have to be patient before you raise a hand? Can anyone verify eVGA said the Xc3 gaming cards are coming to the queue? Or is everyone still assuming? The only thing I heard a couple months ago was they were ramping up with supply on all SKU's.  

I agree that EVGA didn't handle it properly. They put more stock into some SKUs and not others. They did not make people aware they would do this. It's simply because some SKUs make more money for them than others. It's not right. If they wanted to be fair they would take each allocation of GPUs and spread it evenly amongst the SKUs. But they don't do that because the supposed OC cards have such meager clocks that any GPU can hit them. So they allocate most GPUs to the more expensive SKUs, because they like making more money. But that being said it doesn't make it right to switch queues because yours isn't moving. That is not fair to other people. It's EVGA fault not the other person's in line. If there is a complaint to be made it's that EVGA is not evenly distributing the GPUs amongst each SKU.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:49:13 (permalink)
OLIVR
So EVGA is still sending out cards to online stores? Just got an alert for 3070 avail. at Amazon.

Yes, they have to. It is their priority and really has to be as it is their bread and butter. Those retailers likely put in POs a long time ago. Contractually obligated. 

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
viper809
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 271
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:50:02 (permalink)
Ok Now im in charge guys!! now that enewt took a break! CUT IT OUT! im just kidding lol :)
JustinGN
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:50:22 (permalink)
OLIVR

Not everything, but unless they disclose specific shipment numbers, we don't really know how much goes to queues versus pre-existing retailer obligations.  My understanding is that Amazon has no anti-bot protections in place for these cards, though, so getting them is a huge lottery gamble.  If you want to roll the dice to try and skip the line, Best Buy is probably your best bet stateside, with Newegg being second if you don't mind their scalping practices via forced bundling.  Lots of folks here have mentioned getting cards during Best Buy drops, so I'd suggest keeping tabs there.

10G-P5-3881-KR     9/17/2020 9:44:07 PM PT      No

10 SKUs "launched" on 9/16, three of which have queues that still haven't even reached the 9/17 release date.  EVGA: where are the 3881, 3883, and 3895?
skategeezer99
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:50:49 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Today's cards

08G-P5-3663-KR
08G-P5-3767-KR
10G-P5-3881-KR
10G-P5-3885-KR
10G-P5-3888-KR
10G-P5-3895-KR
10G-P5-3897-KR
10G-P5-3898-KR
24G-P5-3978-KR
24G-P5-3985-KR
24G-P5-3987-KR
24G-P5-3988-KR
24G-P5-3998-KR

10G-P5-3885-KR 9/18/2020 09:24 AM PT
No joy for me today......
tamalero
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:51:09 (permalink)
JustinGN
I gave Jacob a few bullet points I wanted addressed, they said they passed them along, and I continue to beat my drum until the company responds properly or all launch queues are fulfilled.

Holy entitlement levels batman!
Seriously Justin.. who are you?

justin_43

Yes they would.

Thank you

I still do not get why people insist that they should be allowed to cut into someone else's line.
This isn't a McDonalds.
This is more akin to a restaurant, if the dude next to you ordered steak and then you ordered shrimp.. and whenthey told you the shrimp is going to take a bit longer.. In no way you deserve to be given a steak first before the person who ordered the steak before you.

post edited by tamalero - 2020/12/17 12:54:10
salemthecaz
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:52:22 (permalink)
Imagine if evga chose xc3 black and gaming as number one priority, and not making any ftw3 ultra, wondering how these guys gonna try not to whine and complaining lol
mphall
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:52:51 (permalink)
salemthecaz
These dudes saying we shouldn’t complain about our cards not being produced and asking for card swapping, now imagine the cards you signed up almost doesn’t even exist like the xc3 gaming, and all people from xc3 black queue got a lot of drops, you wouldn’t complain about it??? And for those who said evga is a business not a charity, you must be stupid enough to think that they could sell more expensive cards than budget ones, some people still rocking there 1050ti so you tell me where’s the demands at?

Huh? Demand is through the roof. The whole reason folks want to queue switch is because they are desperate for any card and are willing to pay more for a higher priced card. You seeing any 3080 ultras siting on store shelves?
phroze
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:53:53 (permalink)
mphall
salemthecaz
These dudes saying we shouldn’t complain about our cards not being produced and asking for card swapping, now imagine the cards you signed up almost doesn’t even exist like the xc3 gaming, and all people from xc3 black queue got a lot of drops, you wouldn’t complain about it??? And for those who said evga is a business not a charity, you must be stupid enough to think that they could sell more expensive cards than budget ones, some people still rocking there 1050ti so you tell me where’s the demands at?

Huh? Demand is through the roof. The whole reason folks want to queue switch is because they are desperate for any card and are willing to pay more for a higher priced card. You seeing any 3080 ultras siting on store shelves?

Exactly. This is why I am the proud owner of a 3090 hahaha

Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
JustinGN
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:54:01 (permalink)
tamalero

I'm just someone who believes that for a capitalist market to remain fair, healthy, and prosperous, it's the obligation of the consumer public to take an active interest in company business practices and governance, and to hold said companies accountable for their mistakes.

10 SKUs "launched" on 9/16, three of which have queues that still haven't even reached the 9/17 release date.  EVGA: where are the 3881, 3883, and 3895?
tamalero
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:56:17 (permalink)
JustinGN
tamalero

I'm just someone who believes that for a capitalist market to remain fair, healthy, and prosperous, it's the obligation of the consumer public to take an active interest in company business practices and governance, and to hold said companies accountable for their mistakes.

I think you need a reality check on what means "capitalism" and what is "fair".
Capitalism technically never been fair. The one who pays more is the one who gets it. Also Supply and Demand.
And in this case, The queue is whats making it FAIR for us.
With no queue like EVGA's.. good luck smashing that F5 button 24/7 or buying a bot.

As for the hilarity of "hold said companies accountable".
Yeah vote with your wallet. You could leave the queues and fight the bots. You're no Emiliano Zapata, Lilcoln or Che Guevara seeking for liberty.

phroze
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:58:24 (permalink)
tamalero
JustinGN
tamalero

Capitalism technically never been fair. The one who pays more is the one who gets it. Also Supply and Demand.
With no queue like EVGA's.. good luck smashing that F5 button 24/7 or buying a bot.

Exactly. There is no perfect system. It does not exist. There will always be people that are upset. This is about as good as it gets for fairness for the consumer in a capitalist society.

brrraddd2
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 12:59:19 (permalink)
salemthecaz

I am still rocking my 980 ti hybrid from nearly 5 years ago. I got queued up on an xc3 early on and declined to purchase because I wanted a hybrid which I found out was being released at some point just before I got my email notification. If they would have just listed the hybrids at the same time as the other cards, I would already have my GPU and not have to compete with a lot of people who joined the hybrid queue just to get a GPU. I honestly don't gaf what color my card is, or if it is an xc3 or a ftw. I just want it to be a hybrid. I am not complaining though. Just be patient and happy that there is an opportunity for you to be competitive to get a card . And stop complaining because no one of importance cares - they are making all the money they can already with or without your business.
phroze
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:01:44 (permalink)
brrraddd2
salemthecaz

I am still rocking my 980 ti hybrid from nearly 5 years ago. I got queued up on an xc3 early on and declined to purchase because I wanted a hybrid which I found out was being released at some point just before I got my email notification. If they would have just listed the hybrids at the same time as the other cards, I would already have my GPU and not have to compete with a lot of people who joined the hybrid queue just to get a GPU. I honestly don't gaf what color my card is, or if it is an xc3 or a ftw. I just want it to be a hybrid. I am not complaining though. Just be patient and happy that there is an opportunity for you to be competitive to get a card . And stop complaining because no one of importance cares - they are making all the money they can already with or without your business.

I think the liquid cooled models were still being conceived while the other models came out. Remember nvidia gave nearly no time this go around for the board partners to plan. Crappy situation for all...... except good ol Nvidia.

cbaty
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 129
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:01:46 (permalink)
JoPeGame
JustinGN
Brewer312

First they aren't the same card. Second. "No one can get any new cards until I get mine." You sound like a child. I'm done with you. 

"Passing up the chain" also means ok we get it now stop.

Hybrids use the same GA102 chips as the air-cooled cards.  They are literally taking chips for a new SKU rather than fulfilling previous queues.  So yes, they are the same GPUs.  Also, what I actually asked was, why should newer sign-ups for new SKUs get priority over existing sign-ups for pre-existing SKUs?  You're the one who tried to twist my argument to support the release of the hybrids, when that's not what I was actually saying in the first place.

Do you really think that these things are not planned out months in advance? EVGA ain't gonna be like "Oh **** we got a lot of people in queue let's cancel our planning for the year and put all our ressources on one SKU until we cleared the queue"
Come on man

This is the answer. If EVGA could "speed up" manufacturing of their products, especially ones people are clearly waiting for, they would. 

I work with the manufacturing team at my company (we're publicly traded) and even our launch that was in the FIRST HALF of this year, we had  manufacturing delays due to Covid. And, this is happening to EVERY INDUSTRY. 

Good grief! It's noon here, and I have an IPA in hand.. I suggest you all join me. :)  

Cheers, gang. 
post edited by cbaty - 2020/12/17 13:10:05

Save at EVGA checkout using my associates code: XZ8XC0J47NMBVK6 👍
JustinGN
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:04:29 (permalink)
tamalero

As for the hilarity of "hold said companies accountable".
Yeah vote with your wallet. You could leave the queues and fight the bots. You're no Emiliano Zapata, Lilcoln or Che Guevara seeking for liberty.

You cannot vote with your wallet in a duopoly like the GPU market, therefore you must hold the partners accountable by whatever means are at your disposal.  Abstaining from participation does not bring about change.

As for fairness, I am quite keenly aware with how capitalism works.  The fairness I suggest is, in this specific case, simply not offering queues for products the company has no intention of making in a reasonable time frame, as that misleads consumers into signing up for products that you knowingly will not provide them.  The fairness I suggest is improved transparency in production so that consumers can make a better informed choice of the product they choose to line up for or purchase.  The fairness I suggest is meeting the existing demand (the five launch SKUs for the 3080 and 3090) first, before creating new demand by further constraining supply (the Hybrid and Hydro SKUs, which could be better served - and more profitable - by offering them as modification kits rather than unique SKUs).  The fairness I suggest is not treating the various SKU queues as the equivalent of gacha games, and instead make it clear up front which SKUs will be prioritized over others before permitting sign-ups, or offering some sort of compromise or resolution after-the-fact if you made such an error.

I do not pretend that capitalism is equal, only that it should be fairer than it currently is.  I just keep my arguments on-point and on-topic here, given the niche nature of the community.
post edited by JustinGN - 2020/12/17 13:06:52

OLIVR
  • Total Posts : 91
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:06:26 (permalink)
JustinGN
OLIVR

Not everything, but unless they disclose specific shipment numbers, we don't really know how much goes to queues versus pre-existing retailer obligations.  My understanding is that Amazon has no anti-bot protections in place for these cards, though, so getting them is a huge lottery gamble.  If you want to roll the dice to try and skip the line, Best Buy is probably your best bet stateside, with Newegg being second if you don't mind their scalping practices via forced bundling.  Lots of folks here have mentioned getting cards during Best Buy drops, so I'd suggest keeping tabs there.

I'm from Alaska too. We don't get much of a supply up here. And BestBuy employees calls dibs on them. I know, because my friend who supervises there already got two cards. For himself and his brother.

10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:07:47 AM
UPDATE: Email Received 06/02/21 - Purchased - Queue #146 OLIVR

wenrist
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:07:27 (permalink)
Order placed for the Kingpin and used your code Enewt. Thanks!
JustinGN
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:09:28 (permalink)
OLIVR

I'm from Alaska too. We don't get much of a supply up here. And BestBuy employees calls dibs on them. I know, because my friend who supervises there already got two cards. For himself and his brother.

That used to be a valid perk of retail given the abysmal pay and non-existent benefits and when people stood in line for a chance at the goods (and we never got a crack at the launch day stuff, since that was not fair at all), but in an age of pandemic-fueled online-only shopping, that's just not fair anymore.  I've read at least one valid story of Best Buy workers buying the GPUs shipped to stores for in-store pickup before it could be "picked" by the workers, and that's one-too-many.

AlphaTJH
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:13:55 (permalink)
Wow, I stopped watching this for a few hours and everyone turns to crying.

I get that everyone wants a card (Hell, I'm in all queues) but you gotta live with what comes our way. I'm not an EVGA Fanboy by any means, in fact, for the last 15 years all of my video cards have been from XFX or Sapphire, but even if they aren't producing the specific card you want, you have to acknowledge that this is better than the F5 roulette happening everywhere else.

10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:11:20 AM PT No
10G-P5-3888-KR 12/10/2020 9:20:27 AM PT No
10G-P5-3885-KR 11/28/2020 11:45:23 AM PT No
10G-P5-3883-KR 11/28/2020 11:45:14 AM PT No
10G-P5-3881-KR 11/28/2020 11:45:05 AM PT No
10G-P5-3895-KR 11/28/2020 11:44:43 AM PT No
10G-P5-3897-KR 11/20/2020 10:46:05 AM PT No
evgaboyd
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 571
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:14:13 (permalink)
Just sucks seeing niche 3080 cards going out while so many people are waiting for the more mainstream 3080 cards such as myself (3080 FTW Ultra signed up on 9/22), compounded by the fact those people signed up in December lol.

10G-P5-3897-KR 9/22/2020 3:19:31 PM PT NO
12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:44:13AM PT YES
WaywardT
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:14:17 (permalink)
Guys, this thread has been locked before by the Moderators for getting negative.
For us that have been following since the beginning, we know this.
If it keeps going like this, they are going to lock it again.

Straykatt
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 196
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:15:59 (permalink)
cbaty
JoPeGame
JustinGN
Brewer312

First they aren't the same card. Second. "No one can get any new cards until I get mine." You sound like a child. I'm done with you. 

"Passing up the chain" also means ok we get it now stop.

Hybrids use the same GA102 chips as the air-cooled cards.  They are literally taking chips for a new SKU rather than fulfilling previous queues.  So yes, they are the same GPUs.  Also, what I actually asked was, why should newer sign-ups for new SKUs get priority over existing sign-ups for pre-existing SKUs?  You're the one who tried to twist my argument to support the release of the hybrids, when that's not what I was actually saying in the first place.

Do you really think that these things are not planned out months in advance? EVGA ain't gonna be like "Oh **** we got a lot of people in queue let's cancel our planning for the year and put all our ressources on one SKU until we cleared the queue"
Come on man

This is the answer. If EVGA could "speed up" manufacturing of their products, especially ones people are clearly waiting for, they would. 

I work with the manufacturing team at my company (we're publicly traded) and even our launch that was in the FIRST HALF of this year, we had  manufacturing delays due to Covid. And, this is happening to EVERY INDUSTRY. 

Good grief! It's noon here, and I have an IPA in hand.. I suggest you all join me. :)  

Cheers, gang. 

HA! Nice, cheers to you! I'm currently working full time at home (until 09/2021) in a stressful job while watching my two and three year with my wife working the Covid respiratory section of her hospital again due to the second wave. 
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:16:02 (permalink)
salemthecaz

It's disheartening..... There is no difference between the black vs gaming model besides a metal back plate. and they charge another $20 to make abit more profit than the black. 
I'm in a situation that getting a (9/16) queued RTX 3080 Gaming is more of a need and or repair then just a wanted upgrade. Day after thanksgiving my GTX 1080 died, 8 months after warranty ended... If it were not dead, waiting would have not been an issue at all. But because of the Covid and market. But everywhere gpus are in low stock with inflated prices or no stock at all. I had to resort in borrowing an old GTX 960 2gb to get by until I'm able to secure one. 
JustinGN
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:18:18 (permalink)
WaywardT
Guys, this thread has been locked before by the Moderators for getting negative.
For us that have been following since the beginning, we know this.
If it keeps going like this, they are going to lock it again.

Given some of the recent toxicity, yeah, I could see a lock coming (and it would be warranted, given the state of my inbox).  The negativity is acceptable, however, given the circumstances.  If they want to reduce the negativity, they need to publicly comment on the issues raised, simple as that.

Constructive negativity is fine and helpful, but personal attacks, general whining, or other toxic behavior will definitely get us all locked out.

brrraddd2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:19:58 (permalink)
phroze
brrraddd2
salemthecaz

I think the liquid cooled models were still being conceived while the other models came out. Remember nvidia gave nearly no time this go around for the board partners to plan. Crappy situation for all...... except good ol Nvidia.

It wouldn't surprise me, I knew they were coming, I just wasn't sure how long that was going to be or how much interest in the hybrids for that matter. In hindsight, I would have purchased the fan XC3 and then bought a kit in December. Regardless, I will have saved some money by waiting for the hybrid model. I am in no rush and could care less if I have to wait 1 week or 3 months to finally get the GPU. I mostly want it to take full advantage of my 65" LG OLED that I just purchased, although I am almost certain running 4k hdr at 120hz will be nearly impossible (at least current gen games) with this generation of GPUs. I am still excited though!
cbaty
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 129
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:20:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2020/12/17 13:27:03
Straykatt

HA! Nice, cheers to you! I'm currently working full time at home (until 09/2021) in a stressful job while watching my two and three year with my wife working the Covid respiratory section of her hospital again due to the second wave. 

From all of us here, thank you, and thank you to your wife!

May you all stay healthy, and sane. <3 

Save at EVGA checkout using my associates code: XZ8XC0J47NMBVK6 👍
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:21:04 (permalink)
Hey, I just found you... And this crazy... But I might a card, that you'll work with maybe. 🤣

If you know what this is you a real OG.
post edited by Dabadger84 - 2020/12/17 13:25:28

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Akiak
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/17 13:22:39 (permalink)
OLIVR
JustinGN
OLIVR

Not everything, but unless they disclose specific shipment numbers, we don't really know how much goes to queues versus pre-existing retailer obligations.  My understanding is that Amazon has no anti-bot protections in place for these cards, though, so getting them is a huge lottery gamble.  If you want to roll the dice to try and skip the line, Best Buy is probably your best bet stateside, with Newegg being second if you don't mind their scalping practices via forced bundling.  Lots of folks here have mentioned getting cards during Best Buy drops, so I'd suggest keeping tabs there.

I agree selection in Alaska sucks for most computer stuff, it's pretty much Best Buy or nothing, I actually miss the days when we had a Comp USA and a Best Buy. Those were the good old days lol. I managed to get a 3070 by sheer luck on new egg, I smashed the refresh button randomly one last time before i had to leave the house it was like 3:56 pm and all the buttons went yellow and I got one before the bots did...

I have about 3 hours to go on the 3080 XC3 ultra queue, I was hoping that would advance the past few weeks and I could surprise my son with a 3070 for his birthday Saturday, but it doesn't look like that will happen before January now. 
post edited by Akiak - 2020/12/17 13:24:46
Page: << < ..546547548549550.. > >> Showing page 550 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile