AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..496497498499500.. > >> Showing page 496 of 2018
Author
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 03:04:15 (permalink)
ComicBookAssassin
Well it’s here and finally in now! let the gaming start again. All the best everyone It eventually went in lol

Nice.  Congratulations!

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Hitch_Itch
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 142
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 04:55:55 (permalink)
Is the que system really working?
I have been in the que since day one for every card, I find it hard to believe that I have not received an email for a 3080 in the 2 1/2 moths I have been in the Que, not to mention all the other cards Im in que for. I dont want all of them but I want one of them.

Good morning
EVGA Time: 12/12/2020 4:48:28 AM PT

**PLEASE NOTE**
EVGA Staff and Customer Service do not have access to queue positions or estimated times for your notifies and as such, would not be able to give you that information via phone or email.PartNumberDateEntered
                                                                    Notify Sent
08G-P5-3663-KR 12/1/2020 11:23:21 AM PT    No
08G-P5-3667-KR 12/1/2020 11:19:06 AM PT    No
06G-P4-2066-KR 12/1/2020 10:26:56 AM PT    No
06G-P4-2067-KR 12/1/2020 10:26:30 AM PT    No
10G-P5-3881-KR 10/23/2020 7:40:51 AM PT    No
10G-P5-3883-KR 10/23/2020 7:40:38 AM PT    No
10G-P5-3885-KR 10/23/2020 7:40:23 AM PT    No
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/30/2020 8:25:17 AM PT      No
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/29/2020 6:33:59 AM PT      No
post edited by Hitch_Itch - 2020/12/12 05:01:01

Ken
Save up to 10% on eVGA.com purchases, Use my Associates Code: QC5NLO7L3WX5QXX

Hitch_Itch
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 05:58:53 (permalink)
Can some explain what this is?
How are people figuring out where they are in the que based on this date/time chart, I dont get it
Can someone please explain Without a flame, Sure Im probably just missing the theory here.

These are 2 of my ques but how it relates to this chart has me stumped for sure.
Thanks
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/30/2020  8:25:17 AM PT        No
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/29/2020  6:33:59 AM PT        No

Ken

brainwafer
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 06:26:41 (permalink)
I would also be interested in this.
I have seen a spreadsheet floating around but not sure if thats just where the queues are at , or where to notification email sent out are.
Threeaces1
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 06:27:35 (permalink)
How do i register for stuff? In the store i only see an "auto notify" button.
gametheory
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 138
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 06:49:21 (permalink)
Threeaces1
How do i register for stuff? In the store i only see an "auto notify" button.

Yep, that's how to register for the queue for the product you want. As long as you click the autonotify and fill out your information then you'll be put in queue.

You can receive up to 10% off purchases (B-Stock included) at evga.com with my associate's code:

H91C6M81DQ30JCY

GrandestFinale
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 08:51:09 (permalink)
Dabadger84
TBF it is the size of a small/medium sized person (691 x 344 x 645 mm (27.2 x 13.5 x 25.4 inch)), you can fit a person inside of it, it weighs over 70lbs with the glass on, and it cost an arm and a leg.
It will be my case for many, many, many moons, just like my last one lived through a few systems.
I was considering going with something less lorge (or less expensive) but when I thought about it for a while and I really looked at it, my brain went "what other case can literally fit everything you'd possibly want to put in it" that isn't a CaseLabs or similar plexi-box style case.
Mine actually arrived with the front glass sheered off it's connection screws... normally I would've raged at Newegg & returned it, but I was legitimately planning to remove the front glass immediately anyway as it would've obstructed airflow too much.  The front glass is actually the inserted piece you see on the right half of the image, it's keeping the intake air from cheating it's way out of the bottom crack of the case until after it gets to the GPU/CPU areas (I noticed this was a thing by feeling the air coming out of the area).  So it still has a purpose.
One thing's for sure, next time I pay that much for a case that heavy, I'm going to buy it from a store, have it shipped to said store, and insist we open it up before I leave the store to make sure it wasn't damaged in shipping.
Imagine having to return a case that weighs 70lbs and having to pay for it up front. lol

Overall, once I got a proper amounted of fans in it (it comes with 4, which is a good starting setup) for everything going on in there, I was very & still am very happy with it.

Haven't slept yet, too hyped, I kept busy for a bit, played some Avengers, and now I'm debating if I should eat & stay up til morning, or finally try to rest.

That's a neat way to make use of a shipping mishap, nice! I have a new case coming in but I'm admittedly jealous of that huge cavern-case, what with all that airflow. Can't wait to see what you do with all that!
mcho8
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 09:26:12 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
How are people figuring out where they are in the que based on this date/time chart, I dont get it
Can someone please explain Without a flame, Sure Im probably just missing the theory here.

These are 2 of my ques but how it relates to this chart has me stumped for sure.
Thanks
 9/30/2020  8:25:17 AM PT        No
 9/29/2020  6:33:59 AM PT        No

Most recent drop we are still getting through people who signed up 9/18. Notifications started 9/17. So figure or hope the bulk of notifications were from the first few days and then the queue should thin out from there.

On the right columns of each page on the sheet it shows a “projected” date of when you can expect your card assuming the sheet has everyone that queued, along with the “number in line”. You’re not really missing anything it’s really just that slow with super high demand and super low supply lol
Hitch_Itch
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 09:46:21 (permalink)
mcho8
Hitch_Itch

Thanks

Most recent drop we are still getting through people who signed up 9/18. Notifications started 9/17. So figure or hope the bulk of notifications were from the first few days and then the queue should thin out from there.

On the right columns of each page on the sheet it shows a “projected” date of when you can expect your card assuming the sheet has everyone that queued, along with the “number in line”. You’re not really missing anything it’s really just that slow with super high demand and super low supply lol

I have NO IDEA what webpage you are talking about, EVGA does not have any "Projected Date", its nowhere on any product page nor my notify list
So you are saying in 2 1/2 months of being on the wait list EVGA has not even gotten through the first 2 days of wait lists? If thats true EVGA should be ashamed of themselves for such a failure to launch, I would expcet that from someone like Zotac but not EVGA

Ken

moartuba
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 10:31:05 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
mcho8
Hitch_Itch

Thanks

I have NO IDEA what webpage you are talking about, EVGA does not have any "Projected Date", its nowhere on any product page nor my notify list
So you are saying in 2 1/2 months of being on the wait list EVGA has not even gotten through the first 2 days of wait lists? If thats true EVGA should be ashamed of themselves for such a failure to launch, I would expcet that from someone like Zotac but not EVGA

He's talking about this google doc: docs [dot] google [dot] com/spreadsheets/d/1FQupXX51TEgUaP4kIZIxVAMkYNDVzwaRbGikv7bGBgY/edit#gid=1556492105

But also, why should EVGA be ashamed? You're honestly lucky theyre doing a queue at all or even making non FTW3 models. You aren't more entitled than anyone else to get a card, and if you want to be mad at any company, go be mad at nvidia for rushing a launch, not the AIB who is doing the most out of all of them. Do you fault MSI for their factory catching on fire or their 3090s being stolen in China? 
curtisg67
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 10:31:21 (permalink)

Melatonin.  From a former 20 year major insomniac, trust me on this one.  I know when I have [ had:( ] work in the morning and my brain is hot wired at 11pm and I'm into that latest game, Melatonin will slowly and surely lullaby me away from the PC and into bed. Resistance is futile.

Tried that before.

My problem right now is, I'm out of work, so I never "put out enough" energy during the day to get tired, so eventually I just get bored & go to bed.  On days like today, I'm all excited, happy, don't get tired or bored as easily, so I end up staying up 30-36 hours, then I finally crash out, typically sleep about 10-12 after that.
My job I was on my feet between 9 and up to 12 hours a day, and it was pretty high stress most of the time, so by the time I got home, I could wind down, game for a bit, then go to bed.
I'm gonna throw myself back in to a pretty rough exercise regiment now that some issues I was having are taken care of finally, start this coming week, should be interesting.  Been ramping myself up a bit in the last few weeks making sure I don't push too hard too fast lol

I have similar insomnia, but different circumstances. My wife passed away 4 years ago, and at 53yo it been very hard to move on and/or start over. We raised 16 kids together (bio, foster, adopted), and they are all raised and out of the house. Now it's just me. Severe depression has set in, and I am on leave from work since September.  I work for HP Inc, and have worked from home for many years but I just needed a break.  COVid, the Oregon wildfire, and the all of the social unrest in regards to BLM ( I am a black ) pushed me over the edge.  I am lucky to get a couple of hours of sleep regardless if I am taking Melatonin, Ambien, or Lunesta.  My wife battle breast cancer for six year, and we tried both traditional western and eastern medicine treatments.  IHMO, prescription medications have their place however they usually do not address the underlying causes.  For me it is depression with passive suicidal ideations, and my treatment is therapy and seeing a psychiatrist to help me see my own value to myself and others.  

Aside from that, trying to get my hands on a video card also has me up day and night in this thread, and scouring the internet to try to get lucky while waiting to get to the top of the queue!

PartNumber       DateEntered      Notify Sent
24G-P5-3998-KR               12/16/2020 9:18:05 AM PT          No         
10G-P5-3881-KR               12/11/2020 3:00:53 PM PT          Removed by User           
08G-P5-3767-KR               12/11/2020 2:59:59 PM PT          Removed by User           
24G-P5-3978-KR       &nbs
Hitch_Itch
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 11:08:04 (permalink)
moartuba
Hitch_Itch
mcho8
Hitch_Itch

Thanks

He's talking about this google doc: docs [dot] google [dot] com/spreadsheets/d/1FQupXX51TEgUaP4kIZIxVAMkYNDVzwaRbGikv7bGBgY/edit#gid=1556492105

But also, why should EVGA be ashamed? You're honestly lucky theyre doing a queue at all or even making non FTW3 models. You aren't more entitled than anyone else to get a card, and if you want to be mad at any company, go be mad at nvidia for rushing a launch, not the AIB who is doing the most out of all of them. Do you fault MSI for their factory catching on fire or their 3090s being stolen in China? 

I have no idea what that spreadsheet is, its not from EVGA, as far as I am aware EVGA is not using discord to identify people that have signed up for auto notify. I am not anywhere to be found on that list and I have signed up for 9 different GPU's
 According to your list, there should be 1189 people ahead of my 9/29/20 sign up date which would therefor mean EVGA has not sold 1189 GPU's in 2 1/2 months since I have not been notified that my product is now available for purchase. So if your mystery spreadsheet is actually from EVGA somehow than Yes EVGA should be ashamed they listed/released a product with less than 1189 products in stock, AKA a paper launch 
I never said that I am entitled to anything so dont put words in my mouth, All I am saying is it seems as though this que is broken or EVGa does not have Any GPU's manufactured for sale which brings me back to the Paper launch 
 Yes MSI is to blame for fire and theft, its there facility and there warehouse the product was stolen from, Nobody but MSI can be to blame, step up your security or pay the price as there are dishonest people all over the world.
If you left your window down on your car just a little bit and someone stole something from your car, you are to blame, secure your vehicle better next time.

Ken

curtisg67
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 11:11:15 (permalink)

Hitch_Itch

EnewT can probably explain this better, but I'll try.  AFAIK, EVGA did not plan the queue system in advance of the NVIDIA 3000 series launch.. rather the quickly reacted to excessive demand and constrained supply issue.. a stop gap.  The notifies come in, and order emails are sent out FIFO.  I assume a planner is reviewing orders for scaplers as well, but unsure. Now lets say 1,000 orders come in but only 600 are posted in this thread.  Even though the number 1 in the list would get the next order email, in the worse case there would be 400 orders in front our #1.  So you can't proactively verify your place on a incomplete list of orders.  So EnewT has been gathering all of the notifications, sorting through all the sku's, sorting the date times, and combined that data with the date/times reported back this this thread when they got the order email.  This relies on people reporting back to be the most accurate, but you can still gauge or get a rough estimate as to how long you are going to have to wait for your email. 

A simple analogy, you're in a McDonalds drive-thru queue. You count 10 vehicles in front of you ( our list of notification orders), so you naturally think okay  #10 right? However there a customers in the store ordering (5)  and curbside delivery orders (2)  you didn't count (people they didn't post their date/times). So really you are in position #17 in the worse case. 
Perhaps if EVGA planned this in advance they may have created a more robust system, but I have to say it is better than nothing in terms of transparency.  Keep in that buying behaviors like order volumes across the portfolio of the 3000 series is valuable information not only for EVGA for forecasting and planning purposes, it would also be valuable for its competitors of which there are many.  So EVGA (or any large manufacturing company) have strict policies for communicating information that is restricted or confidential. 

Hitch_Itch
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 11:24:49 (permalink)
curtisg67

Hitch_Itch

EnewT can probably explain this better, but I'll try.  AFAIK, EVGA did not plan the queue system in advance of the NVIDIA 3000 series launch.. rather the quickly reacted to excessive demand and constrained supply issue.. a stop gap.  The notifies come in, and order emails are sent out FIFO.  I assume a planner is reviewing orders for scaplers as well, but unsure. Now lets say 1,000 orders come in but only 600 are posted in this thread.  Even though the number 1 in the list would get the next order email, in the worse case there would be 400 orders in front our #1.  So you can't proactively verify your place on a incomplete list of orders.  So EnewT has been gathering all of the notifications, sorting through all the sku's, sorting the date times, and combined that data with the date/times reported back this this thread when they got the order email.  This relies on people reporting back to be the most accurate, but you can still gauge or get a rough estimate as to how long you are going to have to wait for your email. 

A simple analogy, you're in a McDonalds drive-thru queue. You count 10 vehicles in front of you ( our list of notification orders), so you naturally think okay  #10 right? However there a customers in the store ordering (5)  and curbside delivery orders (2)  you didn't count (people they didn't post their date/times). So really you are in position #17 in the worse case. 
Perhaps if EVGA planned this in advance they may have created a more robust system, but I have to say it is better than nothing in terms of transparency.  Keep in that buying behaviors like order volumes across the portfolio of the 3000 series is valuable information not only for EVGA for forecasting and planning purposes, it would also be valuable for its competitors of which there are many.  So EVGA (or any large manufacturing company) have strict policies for communicating information that is restricted or confidential. 

Thanks for the explanation, you say I should be able to get an approximate idea as to when I might get an email notification but Im not sure when I  should expect an email.
 These are my 2-3080 sign up dates and time, Do you have any idea how long my wait will be?
Thanks for taking the time
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/30/2020 8:25:17 AM PT      
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/29/2020 6:33:59 AM PT 

Ken

Hulky87
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 220
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 11:42:03 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
curtisg67

Hitch_Itch

Thanks for the explanation, you say I should be able to get an approximate idea as to when I might get an email notification but Im not sure when I  should expect an email.
 These are my 2-3080 sign up dates and time, Do you have any idea how long my wait will be?

Might be in next Feb, just thinking loudly with you, I am on the 18th of Sep and 12 hours 8 minutes from ordering my card - 10G-P5-3897-KR, we are on the same queue - and the last drop from EVGA moved like 5:55 hours!! that's a nice leap, so give and take it might be Jan for me, Feb for you, put in mind also some folks buy their cards and move from the queue, maybe not too much but it's still a step forward.

08G-P5-3667-KL     12/28/2020 9:40:57 PM PTN   No
astacy12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 231
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 12:01:55 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
moartuba
Hitch_Itch
mcho8
Hitch_Itch

Thanks

I have no idea what that spreadsheet is, its not from EVGA, as far as I am aware EVGA is not using discord to identify people that have signed up for auto notify. I am not anywhere to be found on that list and I have signed up for 9 different GPU's
 According to your list, there should be 1189 people ahead of my 9/29/20 sign up date which would therefor mean EVGA has not sold 1189 GPU's in 2 1/2 months since I have not been notified that my product is now available for purchase. So if your mystery spreadsheet is actually from EVGA somehow than Yes EVGA should be ashamed they listed/released a product with less than 1189 products in stock, AKA a paper launch 
I never said that I am entitled to anything so dont put words in my mouth, All I am saying is it seems as though this que is broken or EVGa does not have Any GPU's manufactured for sale which brings me back to the Paper launch 
 Yes MSI is to blame for fire and theft, its there facility and there warehouse the product was stolen from, Nobody but MSI can be to blame, step up your security or pay the price as there are dishonest people all over the world.
If you left your window down on your car just a little bit and someone stole something from your car, you are to blame, secure your vehicle better next time.

You do realize EVGA does not make the GPUs, right??? Nvidia makes them and sends them to the AIBs for them to make their own graphics cards. Not sure why you're mad at EVGA for the limited stock they have when that is all they have received. Besides, the limited stock they do receive is not all put towards one particular model. That limited amount of GPUs they gets also gets split up between the xc, xc ultra, FTW, FTW ultra.... Not only that, but it gets divided even further with shipments to online retailers. You want to be mad at some, then be mad at Nvidia for the paper launch. Be happy there is even a queue to begin with.
viper809
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 271
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 12:36:59 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
curtisg67

Hitch_Itch

TBH I signed up a day after launch I could have signed up same day but I didn't know it was going to end up being a queue but thanks god I did. so I signed up on the 18th at like 3pm and I've been waiting almost 3 month now. But from now on it should start picking up speed because it got passed launch day the day almost everyone hit the noty button and hopefully flying threw the days up until 10/05 because that's when the queue was announced. But you are on the 9/30 which might be about 2 maybe 3 month from now tbh. Unless things go very well might be sooner. But atleast you got in before they announced it was a queue. Hopefully your wait isn't that long.
IVIakaveli
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 12:49:46 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
moartuba
Hitch_Itch
mcho8
Hitch_Itch

Thanks

Lol he's right you are acting entitled. Obviously you never said you're entitled, but you 100% implied it with your attitude. You literally didn't even know that EVGA doesn't make the cards and you're out here saying EVGA should be ashamed when they've literally done more than ANY other brand to prevent scalpers from getting the cards. I've been lurking on this forum a long time and I've never felt the need to really post but seeing as to how disrespectful and ignorant you're acting, I felt the need to speak up.

First off, if you went through the past posts, you'd realize how much EVGA is doing to help us. If you went through the past posts, you'd see that their employees are working around the clock, sacrificing time with their families, in the middle of a pandemic, to get your entitled self a video card so you can play your stupid video games. I'm not going to sit around here and watch you flame this amazing community all because of your stupid first world problems. People are literally dying out here in 2020 and you're upset about a stupid video card, and you picked the one company that's actually doing their best to be upset at. You sir, are nothing but a virtual Karen.

10850K @ 3.6Ghz + Z490 AORUS ULTRA
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid *soggy*
32Gb (4 x 8) G. Skill Trident Neo @ 3600Mhz
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 12:50:43 (permalink)
Hitch_Itch
Is the que system really working?
I have been in the que since day one for every card, I find it hard to believe that I have not received an email for a 3080 in the 2 1/2 moths I have been in the Que, not to mention all the other cards Im in que for. I dont want all of them but I want one of them.

Good morning
EVGA Time: 12/12/2020 4:48:28 AM PT

**PLEASE NOTE**
EVGA Staff and Customer Service do not have access to queue positions or estimated times for your notifies and as such, would not be able to give you that information via phone or email.PartNumberDateEntered
                                                                    Notify Sent
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/30/2020 8:25:17 AM PT      No
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/29/2020 6:33:59 AM PT      No

Those 3080 times are a far, far cry from "day one", day 1 was the 17th of September (I'd know, that's when I signed up for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra & that's why I have one now), so unfortunately your wait on those is far from over.
If you are able to use a Hybrid card, I would highly recommend you entertain the possibility of queuing for one.  The 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid will be opening up for queuing again hopefully sometime this coming week.

curtisg67
snip

Aside from that, trying to get my hands on a video card also has me up day and night in this thread, and scouring the internet to try to get lucky while waiting to get to the top of the queue!

That sucks man, but at least you're working through it.  I had a eureka moment myself several months ago & I'm in a much better place mentally than I was after getting laid off originally.

I'm back up after "only" sleeping 8ish hours of not-so-great sleep, so this will be a short day before I run outta steam most likely!

3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid tracking updated showing it will be here Wednesday instead of Tuesday, and I shipped the 2070 Super out to it's new owner.  He's pretty excited he got one for a fair price instead of marked up because of the general shortage in GPUs (and since I only used it for 2 weeks, it's brand new - I handle all my GPUs with gloves on because finger prints gather dust, so it has not been touched by human hands unless it was done during assembly lol).  Also getting paid off for the rest of the 1080 Ti today, so it's been a good few days overall ^_^

Had to swap back to my old keyboard though, that eVGA one was making me want to uh... damage it.  Very glad I got it on sale for $71, if I'd paid the full retail/current Amazon price for it, I'd be outraged a $170+ keyboard was behaving so wrong & feeling so cheap.  Guess I'll be getting a Corsair K100 sometime next month afterall.

Here's hoping we get some good "just in time for Christmas" movement on the queue for everyone this coming week!

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

curtisg67
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 12:58:31 (permalink)
EnewT,

I add these sku to my notifys:

388110G-P5-3881-KR12/11/2020 15:00376708G-P5-3767-KR12/11/2020 14:59397824G-P5-3978-KR12/11/2020 14:59 
Regards, Curtis

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 13:00:28 (permalink)
GrandestFinale
That's a neat way to make use of a shipping mishap, nice! I have a new case coming in but I'm admittedly jealous of that huge cavern-case, what with all that airflow. Can't wait to see what you do with all that!

If/when AMD's CPUs are finally in stock (most likely I'm going to hold on for Threadripper's next generation), I have been thinking about "upgrading" and reselling my 9900K/Z390 portion of this setup - just upgrading CPU & motherboard & transfering the rest of the system to the new one - but I'm not sure I'd see enough benefit to justify the hassle/expenditure even though I'd recoup most of the money from the resale since the 9900K is still a pretty great CPU.
So ideally I'm going to pick up a CPU block for the open loop that's compatible and/or has brackets for both types of sockets, but if I end up going Threadripper that's a whole 'nother category of blocks if I wan full coverage.

I'll actually be able to pull a fan or two once the Hybrid card is installed, I won't need that expansion slot fan anymore "blowing the GPU's hot air out" because it'll all be being exhausted out of the case natively, that will be a nice change for my M.2 temps - the M.2 under the GPU currently gets up in to the mid 40s C while gaming, despite me having a fan explicitly blowing air in to that area, that should go down quite a bit once the GPU is no longer exhaust hot air right on to the area.

Gonna be interesting trying to fit a 240mm & 280mm radiator up top when native support up there lists 480mm maximum :-D  I think I can make it fit lego style, for a temporary solution, leaving the CPU AIO in Push/Pull & having the GPU radiator in only-push, which will result in the GPU's Radiator being flush with the top panel's mounting on the exhaust side.
If it turns out that won't fit, I'll have to finagle things a bit, maybe add back the side bracket & mount the GPU radiator there on a temporary basis til I get the CPU open loop in.

Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

viper809
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 271
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 13:14:46 (permalink)
Does evga have a discord?
yaggaz
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1510
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 13:27:04 (permalink)
yaggaz

Melatonin.  From a former 20 year major insomniac, trust me on this one.  I know when I have [ had:( ] work in the morning and my brain is hot wired at 11pm and I'm into that latest game, Melatonin will slowly and surely lullaby me away from the PC and into bed. Resistance is futile.

Tried that before.

Don't follow the directions.  And don't try one brand.  Too much you get jittery, too little and it doesn't work.  Practice different types. For me I break one in half, my wife needs to take two.

Take it with Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc.  Those last three assist in preventing synapses firing, relaxing nerves and muscles, so they are a great companion for Melatonin.

Yeah am laid off too, and adding more exercise is key.  Doing Keto as well,  I was 212lb when I started, am at 170lb now.   And of course way more gaming ;-)

By the way I asked in another thread how did you get your Hybrid shipping so fast? Were you in that original batch a couple weeks back?

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 13:28:26 (permalink)

Hitch_Itch

Thanks

brainwafer
I have seen a spreadsheet floating around but not sure if thats just where the queues are at , or where to notification email sent out are.

Good Afternoon.

I think the prior posts did a great job of explaining the issues with spreadsheets.  I just want to pop in to reinforce that looking at the ordinal positions in the spreadsheets can be very misleading.  In my opinion, the best use of the spreadsheets requires that you first ignore the position column altogether and only focus on how far along the timeline the sheet's data indicate the queue has progressed. There are no unknown seconds, minutes or hours in the timeline to surprise us...but we have no idea what percentage of total registrants is represented on the spreadsheet...it could be 5%, 50%, etc.  We simply do not know. 

I have been keeping track of the progress of the queues after EVGA's activity each weekday -- the link to that table is in my signature block.  My best advice is to check in with that table from time to time and, when your times get close and you are "on the bubble" about possibly being in the next drop or two, take extra care to regularly check your in-box.  Best of luck!  

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 13:36:22 (permalink)
yaggaz
Don't follow the directions.  And don't try one brand.  Too much you get jittery, too little and it doesn't work.  Practice different types. For me I break one in half, my wife needs to take two.

Take it with Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc.  Those last three assist in preventing synapses firing, relaxing nerves and muscles, so they are a great companion for Melatonin.

Yeah am laid off too, and adding more exercise is key.  Doing Keto as well,  I was 212lb when I started, am at 170lb now.   And of course way more gaming ;-)

By the way I asked in another thread how did you get your Hybrid shipping so fast? Were you in that original batch a couple weeks back?

I will try that, I have a bottle of those vitamins all in one, but haven't been taking it recently since I take a multi-vitamin & I don't wanna over do it on Zinc because that can create other problems.

I was so stressed out at my job that I was actually back down to the same weight I was in High School almost lol but I'm gonna be focusing on getting muscle-mass back as my workouts progress.

And nope, I queued on the day the queue relaunched, the 3090 FTW3 Hybrid queue has moved quite quickly... I think it's because originally it wasn't "up" very long on the day they had it up for ~25 minutes, and the site wouldn't let me people sign up for like the first 18 minutes after it re-launched on Thursday @ 9AM Pacific Time.  My queue time was around 9:15AM, so I just barely squeezed in to the "second" part of the second-first batch, only got mine probably because of someone in the initial sign up deciding not to purchase, otherwise I would've been waiting on next week's batch, if there is one.

We might actually be in such a position where the Hybrid cards "catch up" on the Queue at some point & there's actually a "Add to cart" Button in a few weeks, how crazy will that be to have something actually in stock that's a 30-series card... I assume that would only happen for the 3090 Hybrids though (since they're more expensive), the 3080 I'd expect will be waylaid with demand outstripping supply for a while yet.

Specs:

Hitch_Itch
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 13:49:34 (permalink)
enewt

Hitch_Itch

Thanks

brainwafer

Good Afternoon.

I think the prior posts did a great job of explaining the issues with spreadsheets.  I just want to pop in to reinforce that looking at the ordinal positions in the spreadsheets can be very misleading.  In my opinion, the best use of the spreadsheets requires that you first ignore the position column altogether and only focus on how far along the timeline the sheet's data indicate the queue has progressed. There are no unknown seconds, minutes or hours in the timeline to surprise us...but we have no idea what percentage of total registrants is represented on the spreadsheet...it could be 5%, 50%, etc.  We simply do not know. 

I have been keeping track of the progress of the queues after EVGA's activity each weekday -- the link to that table is in my signature block.  My best advice is to check in with that table from time to time and, when your times get close and you are "on the bubble" about possibly being in the next drop or two, take extra care to regularly check your in-box.  Best of luck!  

Thank you for the reply and time to make this chart but Im not following how the time tells people approximately where they are in the que.
How does time represent the number of units produced and sold?

Lets use this from your table
3080 FTW3 Ulta - 3897 - 9/18/2020 - 07:25:32    (01:23:32)

And the below is my que for this card

It would be greatly apricated if you could tell me the correlation between the two.

Ken

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 14:00:00 (permalink)
There is zero way for us to know the actual volume being sold from eVGA directly by the queue system.  Any spreadsheet is only a user-submitted list of people that reported they're queued for it, and that is only a portion of people ACTUALLY queued for it.  On top of that, keep in mind, eVGA has to also supply storefronts like Microcenter, Newegg, etc, with supply from each shipment of GPUs they get, then a portion of that shipment also goes to direct eVGA sales on evga.com - I seriously doubt they will ever release sales/stock figures per batch, as NVidia would likely be very angry those numbers were revealed.
This stock/supply issue goes back to NVidia, and is not eVGA's fault.  They cannot create more cards than NVidia gives them chips for, and NVidia's GPU Die supply is the problem.  Demand is high, and the supply chain itself is low.  I'm sure at this point, eVGA has hundreds of PCBs sitting there, finished, waiting for a GPU die to attach to them - and it's probably been that way since launch.
Given that most hardware news sites are reporting the supply issue for NVidia, and to a lesser extent AMD as well (because of consoles & demand), will continue well in to at least Q1 of 2021, it's likely we'll be seeing this crapfest continue for at least 4 more months.

While I firmly believe the pandemic had an additional effect on the supply chain because of all the reasons you can think of (i.e. it's effect on production facilities, the shipment chain being slower, etc) - I do think the majority of the blame for this whole mess sits squarely on NVidia's shoulders alone.  They do not have enough supply to meet the demand, they can blame the FAB or whoever all they want, but they should have been more prepared & bought more fab allocation if that's the case - or delayed launch until they had a better amount of supply ready on launch day, with better production lined up.  Period.

Specs:

Lebon14
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 14:00:40 (permalink)

Dabadger84
Lebon14

No, I'm not able to. Especially when they're dual fans.
I was planning to get started on my new rig around February. In the meant time, I'll be looking at an AMD CPU.

...I'm so looking forward to ditch this 10yo rig I have >.>
It has an EVGA GTX 680 in it. lel

Man, you're in for such a huge enjoyable amount of upgrade if you're going the 5xxx-series AMD CPU & a quality 3000-series NVidia GPU.  I remember when I went from a R9 295x2 to the Titan Xp SLi (only had it briefly) - It was insane to me how huge the jump was.  Imagine going from a 680 to a 30-series will be several times that in terms of performance jump.
Just going from my 1080 Ti to this 3080 was pretty impressive in the titles I tested before the 3080 came in vs after.

Oh yeah. I believe you. I still remember the day when I upgraded to my current rig. I jumped from a Core 2 Duo E6600 / nvidia 8500 GT (fanless) to a Core i7 950 and GTX 460 and SSD. It was insane. Now, the jump is going to be *even* bigger. And I have touched PCs with more current gen hardware before and I know it's much more snappier.

STATUS OF QUEUES:
EUROPE - updated by BovineGamer
NORTH AMERICA - updated by enewt

In queue for, in order I joined them.
10G-P5-3897-KR ~ 12/11/2020 ~ 8:17:23 PM PT ~ YES! (Jan. 20 2022 - didn't buy)
08G-P5-3755-KR ~ 4/27/2021 ~ 4:14:34 PM PT ~ No (Removed)
08G-P5-3767-KR ~ 4/22/2021 ~ 3:28:25 PM PT ~ No (Removed)
08G-P5-3797-KL ~ 6/10/2021 ~ 6:48:07 AM PT ~ YES! (21 sept., 2021 - BOUGHT!)
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 14:17:16 (permalink)
Lebon14
Oh yeah. I believe you. I still remember the day when I upgraded to my current rig. I jumped from a Core 2 Duo E6600 / nvidia 8500 GT (fanless) to a Core i7 950 and GTX 460 and SSD. It was insane. Now, the jump is going to be *even* bigger. And I have touched PCs with more current gen hardware before and I know it's much more snappier.

I went from a 3930K X79 setup to my current one, CPU/motherboard wise - the jump in games that were CPU dependent was gigantic.  At the time I was still on a 1080 Ti, and in a lot of those more CPU-bound titles, my frame rates doubled - even at my resolution of 3440 x 1440, which in general, is more on the GPU-bound side.  I think that had to do with the increase in Cache/RAM throughput as much as it did the CPU itself being such a huge upgrade, but it was amazing.  Even in GPU-bound titles I still saw a 15-20% increase or more.

Now I'm spending a ridiculous amount of money on what will be a 5-10% increase in FPS in GPU bound titles O_o well kind of, I'll be recouping 90% of it by the time I finish selling everything off that I'm in the process of getting rid of.

Specs:

curtisg67
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/12 14:24:57 (permalink)
Hulky87

Might be in next Feb, just thinking loudly with you, I am on the 18th of Sep and 12 hours 8 minutes from ordering my card - 10G-P5-3897-KR, we are on the same queue - and the last drop from EVGA moved like 5:55 hours!! that's a nice leap, so give and take it might be Jan for me, Feb for you, put in mind also some folks buy their cards and move from the queue, maybe not too much but it's still a step forward.

I am an Excel jockey, so I quickly (okay, about an hour) .. put together an example for my 3897 and Hulky87's.

I used Outlook to connect this threads RSS feed, and pulled all of EnewT's summary for the 3897 to calculate ETA:

1) Calculated the weekly movement total, and daily average ~ 44 minutes for weeks 49 & 40 (Nov 30th, Dec 7th)
2) Estimate the number of drops per week ~ 2.5
3) Calculated the difference between date/time of the last received order notification and my order notify in hours:min
4) Converted delta to minutes and divided by the daily avg in minutes to get the estimated number of days left
5) Calculated Est # Weeks to Order Notify (based on drops per wk) by dividing the # of drops per week (2.5) by #4 above
6) Calculated Estimated Time to Order Notify by multiplying the weeks left #4 and drops per week #4 resulting in a date / time
7) Calculated Estimated Time to Order Notify(Corrected for drop day) - If #6 is > Thursday, push to next monday

So Hulky87, my educated guess is that your notify created on (9/29/2020 6:33) is estimated to be delivered on (Monday 12/17 at 12:20AM), so really that should be Monday afternoon or Tuesday since drops will not happen that early.

Mine is (10/7/2020 0:52) so my estimate is WAY later ( Thu 1/7/21 12:20 AM

I can predict that I am going to get a lot of requests to calculate theirs, but it was tedious pulling information from the posts for one SKU since the information is not in a spreadsheet.  EnewT if you can create or have a consolidated spreadsheet of your daily summary I could enhance my spreadsheet.

CG

Attached Image(s)

Page: << < ..496497498499500.. > >> Showing page 496 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile