EVGA

EVGA Z390 Motherboards!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 32
Author
easedel
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/09 16:47:28 (permalink)
Ok well I just won the Z390 FTW board on the twitch stream.

I am so completely clueless on what CPU and RAM to shoot for now.
post edited by easedel - 2018/11/09 17:04:44
GGTV-Jon
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
  • Ribbons : 19
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/09 17:02:36 (permalink)
Which board?
easedel
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/09 17:04:23 (permalink)
GGTV-Jon
Which board?

The Z390 FTW
bg8780
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2540
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/09 19:25:19 (permalink)
tjcii
EVGATech_LeeMThe Z390 Dark will not be available for Step-Up at launch.  Step-Up for boards like this are based on availability.  In the future? Possibly, but no guarantees that this will be available via Step-Up.

Translation: Just wait for the Dark, if you really want it, and get your F5 finger ready. 

Well, this is confusing...

https://forums.evga.com/m..aspx?m=2879070&fp=1
destruya
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/09 19:30:44 (permalink)
easedel
Ok well I just won the Z390 FTW board on the twitch stream.

I am so completely clueless on what CPU and RAM to shoot for now.

The FTW will probably pair best with a 9700K.  The DARK is ideal for the 9900K - hyperthreading really pours on the coals with regards to power usage and thermals, whereas the 9700K is more thermally comparable to the 8700/8086K.
FSalema
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/09 23:58:39 (permalink)
[
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
After the Maximus fiasco i'm with ideas of selling my XI Hero and try the Z390 FTW but there's almost no info regarding vrm's of this board.

Yes there is,

Head over here:

then scroll down and click the "spec" tab. It should tell you how much vrm it has under "Feature". Currently it has 11 VRM and you have the option via EVGA step up program to upgrade to Z390 Dark when it come out. The Dark got a vrm of 17.

No there isn't! 

Asus claims that they have an 8 phase VRM and that's not really the truth is it? Saying that the FTW has 11 VRM does not inform us of anything like the quality of the components, efficiency, etc. As far as we know, in overclock.net, the Z370 FTW was not considered as being a top tier mobo at VRM level. Maybe EVGA is considering itself a niche brand when is comes to motherboards. Otherwise if they want to sell more they've got a great opportunity to better disclose and inform potential costumers about the products.

I'm considering this board but without knowing if changing it for my XI Hero represents a upgrade i won't make any move.

EVGA is not Asus. EVGA is reputable company that does not have to invest so much in marketing to promote their product. We, the customer speak for them through our positive experience. Second, I thought you were only asking for the number of vrms so my mistake on that part, if you wanna go in dept then I suggest calling EVGA tech support, very easy to talk to and will help you in every way. If your really concern about the quality of the board and willing to wait then I suggest you go for the Dark. It's their highest EVGA Z390 motherboard.

Well that is a pearl of an answer! Of course EVGA is not Asus or any other motherboard manufacture! If they were, probably would be interested in actually getting more costumers, and sell more. I don't know if you are conscious but even Supermicro motherboards are being reviewed. And all that potential costumers have in the European site is an "available soon" that is there from the first day the new boards were announced. There's Asus marketing level and than there's EVGA marketing level which is non-existent and is just as absurd as Asus one.

Of course they are interested in getting more sales and customer but unlike Asus and other brand, EVGA care more about quality than quantity. The reason why Asus is more popular and more in demand is because of their marketing campaign. They sponsor a lot of event and even pro players just to get attention. Sure Asus or supermicro motherboard are available from day one and look how that turned out to be? Your obviously new here and doesnt know much about EVGA.

No i'm just tired of your low level patronizing replies. Is EVGA some kind of tribe that requires any type of initiation rituals before you can understand their ethos? I'm well aware of quality oriented culture of EVGA which btw does not by magic avoid the brand from having all sorts of issues just like every other brand. One fast search right here in the forum shows that many people have unsolved problems with bios and or long lasting bugs with EVGA software. So i can accept some degree of being a fan and supporting one brand that someone might like. What i don't support is lack of capacity to receive critique. Giving potential customers more info about product releases like, that can range from hardware choices to an actual date, that is good practices not some kind of submission to marketing gods. If EVGA is/want to be seen as "caring more about quality than quantity" then probably its a great idea try to engage people that might think alike instead of staying with that posture of you obvious don't know much about EVGA.

The premise is very simple, it's strange why can't we have in a forum supposedly oriented for enthusiasts and where obviously there are EVGA employees more information about the motherboards. What's the VRM components, how do they fare, what's their efficiency, etc?
post edited by FSalema - 2018/11/10 00:07:14
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 02:28:13 (permalink)
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
After the Maximus fiasco i'm with ideas of selling my XI Hero and try the Z390 FTW but there's almost no info regarding vrm's of this board.

Yes there is,

Head over here:

then scroll down and click the "spec" tab. It should tell you how much vrm it has under "Feature". Currently it has 11 VRM and you have the option via EVGA step up program to upgrade to Z390 Dark when it come out. The Dark got a vrm of 17.

No there isn't! 

Asus claims that they have an 8 phase VRM and that's not really the truth is it? Saying that the FTW has 11 VRM does not inform us of anything like the quality of the components, efficiency, etc. As far as we know, in overclock.net, the Z370 FTW was not considered as being a top tier mobo at VRM level. Maybe EVGA is considering itself a niche brand when is comes to motherboards. Otherwise if they want to sell more they've got a great opportunity to better disclose and inform potential costumers about the products.

I'm considering this board but without knowing if changing it for my XI Hero represents a upgrade i won't make any move.

EVGA is not Asus. EVGA is reputable company that does not have to invest so much in marketing to promote their product. We, the customer speak for them through our positive experience. Second, I thought you were only asking for the number of vrms so my mistake on that part, if you wanna go in dept then I suggest calling EVGA tech support, very easy to talk to and will help you in every way. If your really concern about the quality of the board and willing to wait then I suggest you go for the Dark. It's their highest EVGA Z390 motherboard.

Well that is a pearl of an answer! Of course EVGA is not Asus or any other motherboard manufacture! If they were, probably would be interested in actually getting more costumers, and sell more. I don't know if you are conscious but even Supermicro motherboards are being reviewed. And all that potential costumers have in the European site is an "available soon" that is there from the first day the new boards were announced. There's Asus marketing level and than there's EVGA marketing level which is non-existent and is just as absurd as Asus one.

Of course they are interested in getting more sales and customer but unlike Asus and other brand, EVGA care more about quality than quantity. The reason why Asus is more popular and more in demand is because of their marketing campaign. They sponsor a lot of event and even pro players just to get attention. Sure Asus or supermicro motherboard are available from day one and look how that turned out to be? Your obviously new here and doesnt know much about EVGA.

Thanks for the laugh.

Just because ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI have motherboards available the first week. That doesn't mean they sell inferior products. You can go look at places like https://www.overclock.net/forum/index.php, see which mobo mfg members recommend the most. You can do that on other forums too, i bet you will see similar results. ASUS is the largest motherboard mfg in the world (45%). That doesn't happen by selling inferior products or being late to market with them.

Was it EVGA Z77, Z87 or Z97 motherboard release, when evga sent out some defective motherboards to customers. They overnight shipped replacements to customers to make up for it. That should show you that no mobo "mfg" is immune from having issues during a new product release.

I'm still waiting on evga to release the video on it's front pane NU Audio chip on select EVGA Z390 motherboards.

d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5496
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 06:09:46 (permalink)
bg8780
d.burnette
bg8780
d.burnette
NFtornado
When is this board getting release!!!!!?????? I am checking every damn day to see if it's available. Would be nice to have a date!!

I am with you there, doing the same. Also still waiting on my i9 9900k I have had on pre-order with Amazon.

When did you pre-order?

Oct 10th.

I pre-ordered around noon on Oct 8th. I received my chip Nov 5th. Hopefully that can serve as an indicator. I'd say you should have yours in the next couple weeks at the most.

Ugh, just got an update from Amazon that needed my approval, which I did.
Delay in delivery, delivery estimate to arrive by Dec 9th.

Oh well don't have the new Dark board yet anyways. If Dark comes out sooner I may have to try and find the CPU elsewhere. Must be a really popular chip.

Newegg has three available through third party - 950 bucks - dang scalpers! 
I signed up for auto-notify with Newegg for their stock availability also.
post edited by d.burnette - 2018/11/10 06:16:10

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

Jc
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 356
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 11:33:04 (permalink)
FSalema
[
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema

Yes there is,

Head over here:

No there isn't! 

No i'm just tired of your low level patronizing replies. Is EVGA some kind of tribe that requires any type of initiation rituals before you can understand their ethos? I'm well aware of quality oriented culture of EVGA which btw does not by magic avoid the brand from having all sorts of issues just like every other brand. One fast search right here in the forum shows that many people have unsolved problems with bios and or long lasting bugs with EVGA software. So i can accept some degree of being a fan and supporting one brand that someone might like. What i don't support is lack of capacity to receive critique. Giving potential customers more info about product releases like, that can range from hardware choices to an actual date, that is good practices not some kind of submission to marketing gods. If EVGA is/want to be seen as "caring more about quality than quantity" then probably its a great idea try to engage people that might think alike instead of staying with that posture of you obvious don't know much about EVGA.

The premise is very simple, it's strange why can't we have in a forum supposedly oriented for enthusiasts and where obviously there are EVGA employees more information about the motherboards. What's the VRM components, how do they fare, what's their efficiency, etc?

I'm not patronizing EVGA. I'm just stating facts. You seriously has an attitude and need to chill down. I'm trying to help you out.
post edited by Jc - 2018/11/10 12:19:32
Jc
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 356
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 12:00:55 (permalink)
MSim
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema

Yes there is,

Head over here:

No there isn't! 

Thanks for the laugh.

Just because ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI have motherboards available the first week. That doesn't mean they sell inferior products. You can go look at places like https://www.overclock.net/forum/index.php, see which mobo mfg members recommend the most. You can do that on other forums too, i bet you will see similar results. ASUS is the largest motherboard mfg in the world (45%). That doesn't happen by selling inferior products or being late to market with them.

Was it EVGA Z77, Z87 or Z97 motherboard release, when evga sent out some defective motherboards to customers. They overnight shipped replacements to customers to make up for it. That should show you that no mobo "mfg" is immune from having issues during a new product release.

You have more chance of getting defective items from other brands than EVGA. Fact! Better warranty, customer service, and an option to step up to better product. Can you say the same thing from other brands? Like I said before ASUS has the biggest marketing and this play big role. If you want cheap/rgb **** type of product then by all means go for them. I on the other hand don't mind paying a little bit more to get quality and stable products.

Nephalem89
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 12:24:57 (permalink)
any word on release date ?
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 12:44:01 (permalink)
Nephalem89
any word on release date ?

Just the official word - "Coming Soon".
I keep checking it daily, well multiple times a day actually lol.

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

greenblattsam
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 14:51:37 (permalink)
Did anyone manage to get any exact measurements for the dark? I am just curious to see if it is the 27.2cm sized EATX.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/10 15:06:00 (permalink)
Jc
MSim
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema
Jc
FSalema

Yes there is,

Head over here:

No there isn't! 

Thanks for the laugh.

You have more chance of getting defective items from other brands than EVGA. Fact! Better warranty, customer service, and an option to step up to better product. Can you say the same thing from other brands? Like I said before ASUS has the biggest marketing and this play big role. If you want cheap/rgb **** type of product then by all means go for them. I on the other hand don't mind paying a little bit more to get quality and stable products.

That is 100% nonsense. You don't have more chances of getting defective motherboards from other brands than EVGA. It may seem like ASUS the #1 motherboard mfg has more issues but that's only because they sell 50x the motherboards. If the majority of overclockers choose/recommend ASUS motherboards, that says a lot about the quality and how stable ASUS motherboards are.

If you have been following motherboards in the past 5 years, you could see EVGA playing follow the leader. The top 4 mfg come out with single latching RAM slots, onboard RGB lighting, reinforced DIMM and PCI-E slots, evga follow up by adding it like a year or generation later.

destruya
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/11 19:11:33 (permalink)
greenblattsam
Did anyone manage to get any exact measurements for the dark? I am just curious to see if it is the 27.2cm sized EATX.

I tried emailing them and asking someone with access to one to please get a ruler out, but they said they won't comment on unreleased products until they're released.
greenblattsam
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/11 21:38:40 (permalink)
That's a bummer. I am getting a different case to make sure since my current case is on the borderline of being able to fit the Dark.
AFAlFouzan
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/11 21:52:53 (permalink)
Intel i9 9900K @ 5.3ghz on EVGA Z390 DARK

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2ghz & 4133Mhz 12-11-11 DDR4 on EVGA Z390 DARK

From @Luumi On Youtube
post edited by AFAlFouzan - 2018/11/11 21:58:52
bg8780
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2540
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 04:25:38 (permalink)
AFAlFouzan
Intel i9 9900K @ 5.3ghz on EVGA Z390 DARK

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2ghz & 4133Mhz 12-11-11 DDR4 on EVGA Z390 DARK

From @Luumi On Youtube

To be clear, this on LN2
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 08:09:30 (permalink)
Ordered the EVGA DG87 Case this morning.
Things are coming together, just waiting on that Dark baby. <hint hint>.

Well that and my i9 9900k Pre-Order.

Don 

Jstinsonwv
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 08:44:14 (permalink)
I have every component of my new computer in hand today - except the Z390 Dark.......
Nephalem89
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 10:21:27 (permalink)
I'm sad my team lacks the EVGA 2080 Xc2 Ultra Gaming and the z390 dark when there will be stock... Many months waiting and hehe
destruya
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 11:07:30 (permalink)
Jstinsonwv
I have every component of my new computer in hand today - except the Z390 Dark.......

Patience!  EVGA has to get them out to all the Youtube hobby overclockers who get the most clicks (even though this Luumi guy only has 220 followers) first, but can't get around to uploading even the manual for us to peruse because ~reasons~.
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 11:40:26 (permalink)
Augh! I was out for a bit today and missed the auto-notify from New Egg on the i9 9900k, get back home and check and out of stock already.
Maybe Amazon will get some soon ( have on pre-order there).

Don 

destruya
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 12:21:15 (permalink)
Newegg was selling 9900Ks for the same price as 7900Xs - you missed out on an opportunity to pay almost a 100% markup.
mattman657
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 274
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 14:02:38 (permalink)
I think that was just from 3rd party sellers, similar boat as Amazon

EVGA Z390 Dark | Intel i9900k 5.2 GHz | 2 x EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill TridentZ 4,133MHz | Samsung 970 Pro & Evo, 850 Evo

Lian PC-V3000 | EK Res & Dual D5 Pump | 3 x Alphacool UT60 | Noctua & Akasa Fans | Asus PG279Q
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 16:57:31 (permalink)
mattman657
I think that was just from 3rd party sellers, similar boat as Amazon

Yeah New Egg had them for a very short time today for 579.
Still 50 bucks more than I have on pre-order with Amazon, but I would have snatched it up if I could.

What they have now are those scalpers - er third party sellers - who probably bought up the few New Egg got in today to sell at those crazy prices. I really do not like scalpers, never have.

Don 

mattman657
iCX Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/12 17:30:27 (permalink)
It's super slimey. Happens in a ton of other industries unfortunately.

EVGA Z390 Dark | Intel i9900k 5.2 GHz | 2 x EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill TridentZ 4,133MHz | Samsung 970 Pro & Evo, 850 Evo

Lian PC-V3000 | EK Res & Dual D5 Pump | 3 x Alphacool UT60 | Noctua & Akasa Fans | Asus PG279Q
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/13 03:40:56 (permalink)
Woot!
Finally, my i9 9900k is shipping from Amazon! Shows will be arriving on Friday.
Glad I was not able to get one from Newegg yesterday, as it was 50 bucks more.

Now all I am waiting on is the Z390 Dark. EVGA DG87 in transit to arrive tomorrow.

Don 

mattman657
iCX Member
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/13 06:05:07 (permalink)
Jealous! Still waiting on Amazon. Placed my pre-order on the 11th

Jstinsonwv
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Z390 Motherboards! 2018/11/14 09:09:01 (permalink)
I'm really hoping for a date to be released soon.  with no information i'll eventually just move on to another board...
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 32
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile