EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Z10 Keyboard

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
hash_ninja
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/17 17:38:14 (permalink)
I just got my Z10 today, I love it so far. Only question I have is if I can switch my LCD screen to display standard time instead of military time. Tried messing with the Unleash software but no such luck.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today..."
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/17 18:46:42 (permalink)
hash_ninja
I just got my Z10 today, I love it so far. Only question I have is if I can switch my LCD screen to display standard time instead of military time. Tried messing with the Unleash software but no such luck.

not that i could find, doesnt bother me to much since thats what my work uses so im used to seeing it every day

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/17 18:56:27 (permalink)
havoc1482
PietroBR
Havoc, I think you need PXOC 6.2.4 to be able to display data on the LCD screen. Problem is, EVGA pulled of this version due some problems, and should be listing it again in a few days maybe.

I am using that version. 

Oh and Talon5, regarding the volume slider: The same exact thing happened to me lmao. The silver cap popped off, I just put a tiny tiny drop of gorilla glue in it and works just fine now.

version 6.2.5.1 beta is needed, jacob posted a link in the main thread for the board. you have to hit the HWM button and and tick the box for what you want to display, have to say the option for info is quite sparse compared to previous versions.

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/18 17:05:18 (permalink)
wanted to add something to my impressions over in the sticky post but since its about the included x10 figured that wouldn't be fair, so here it goes. did anyone else get their x10 with only the top part of the packaging? that's how mine came, the slider pads on the bottom were about to fall off and when i connected it it said it needed a firmware update, which is strange since the last software/firmware was from like 2015! were these left over stock that got lost or returned to evga from some defunct store? not that it really matters since it did have everything with it and worked just fine but was just wondering? BTW it did let me register it, the serial number is printed on the bottom of the mouse.

Talon5
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 428
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/18 18:33:02 (permalink)
quadlatte
wanted to add something to my impressions over in the sticky post but since its about the included x10 figured that wouldn't be fair, so here it goes. did anyone else get their x10 with only the top part of the packaging? that's how mine came, the slider pads on the bottom were about to fall off and when i connected it it said it needed a firmware update, which is strange since the last software/firmware was from like 2015! were these left over stock that got lost or returned to evga from some defunct store? not that it really matters since it did have everything with it and worked just fine but was just wondering? BTW it did let me register it, the serial number is printed on the bottom of the mouse.

Mine was in a small plastic film wrapped package as well, not the packaging that you see in the reviews\unboxing online.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/18 18:34:26 (permalink)
I had one of the mice show up with the packaging destroyed in 2016. The update happens on all of them. I don’t think evga took the time to update to the latest firmware after the initial order of mice.
mike.mccomas
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/19 19:49:55 (permalink)
Has anyone gotten the screen to show anything useful - like Precision X data or information from a game? If so, is there some trick to it? Thanks.
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/19 21:28:05 (permalink)
mike.mccomas
Has anyone gotten the screen to show anything useful - like Precision X data or information from a game? If so, is there some trick to it? Thanks.
you need the newest beta version of XOC installed, haven't found the part that will show game info yet

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/19 22:27:27 (permalink)
mike.mccomas

I don't think it will show any game data. The software just allows you to display custom game timers. I don't know why anyone would want a custom timer for a game, but that could just be me.

havoc1482
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/20 08:26:44 (permalink)
mike.mccomas

Once you install the beta software you need to set the precision option in Unleash. Then go into precision and click on the HW button on the top left.

Check out my PC! 
EVGA DG-85 (Case)
EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid (GPU) [x2 SLI]
EVGA 280 CLC (CPU Cooler)
EVGA Z370 FTW (Motherboard)
Intel i7 8700K (CPU)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB [2x8GB] (RAM)
Seasonic 850W (PSU)
Some Corsair fans, EVGA Z10 KB and X10 Mouse

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/30 13:25:46 (permalink)
Anyone know if EVGA plans on combining Z10 keyboards software with it's mouse software.

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/30 13:32:58 (permalink)
MSim
Anyone know if EVGA plans on combining Z10 keyboards software with it's mouse software.

Seems like you would get software you wouldn't need that way. I mean it wouldn't be that much I guess but often gamers are going to want different brands when they are not bundled together like the launch special.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/04/30 14:36:58 (permalink)
Hoggle
Seems like you would get software you wouldn't need that way. I mean it wouldn't be that much I guess but often gamers are going to want different brands when they are not bundled together like the launch special.

But... the evga mouse software has a selection for Keyboard controls that is grayed out.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/01 13:30:07 (permalink)
Hoggle
MSim

Having all your peripherals (from the same company) using the same software version, that makes it easier for people to use your product. It can help you sell more peripherals too.

Take a look at the top brands, you will see the software they use is combined. Corsair has it's iCUE software that allows you to control almost every product Corsair makes using the same software. Having software like that will help Corsair sell more products. 

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/01 13:40:33 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Hoggle

But... the evga mouse software has a selection for Keyboard controls that is grayed out.

One thing to keep in mind is that due to the long incubation period for this Keyboard, including OS Support, there are some relics of ideas contained within different software versions that ultimately never came to be.  However, we have plans for our various software products in the semi-distant future....
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/02 14:59:42 (permalink)
MSim
Hoggle
MSim

Having all your peripherals (from the same company) using the same software version, that makes it easier for people to use your product. It can help you sell more peripherals too.

Take a look at the top brands, you will see the software they use is combined. Corsair has it's iCUE software that allows you to control almost every product Corsair makes using the same software. Having software like that will help Corsair sell more products. 

Corsair kinda hosed allot of older hardware with icue, its not supported, for example the commander pro is supported but not the older commander mini or 1st Gen stuff. That's why they are still updating link. I would like to see a evga unfied software solution but only if it can be backwards compatible to older hardware.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/03 01:33:45 (permalink)
quadlatte
MSim
Hoggle
MSim

Corsair kinda hosed allot of older hardware with icue, its not supported, for example the commander pro is supported but not the older commander mini or 1st Gen stuff. That's why they are still updating link. I would like to see a evga unfied software solution but only if it can be backwards compatible to older hardware.

Like you said, Corsair still supports it's older software. I can understand iCUE being for the newer products.

It's 2018, if you want to be a gaming peripherals mfg, all the peripheral devices you make, they should be using the same software version day one. That is the industry standard for gaming peripherals.

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/03 06:49:39 (permalink)
MSim
quadlatte
MSim
Hoggle
MSim

Like you said, Corsair still supports it's older software. I can understand iCUE being for the newer products.

It's 2018, if you want to be a gaming peripherals mfg, all the peripheral devices you make, they should be using the same software version day one. That is the industry standard for gaming peripherals.

word in the forum is that link is short on life left as they push everyone to icue and new hardware, link will still work but not be updated. not to happy with the latest version of link either, they finally fixed the ram led issue but took away drive temperature monitoring to stop disk polling so drives will sleep, like there isnt 20 other programs and services in windows they doesnt do that lol.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/03 10:01:57 (permalink)
quadlatte

word in the forum is that link is short on life left as they push everyone to icue and new hardware, link will still work but not be updated. not to happy with the latest version of link either, they finally fixed the ram led issue but took away drive temperature monitoring to stop disk polling so drives will sleep, like there isnt 20 other programs and services in windows they doesnt do that lol.

They will probably only do critical updates on the older software, until iCUE has been out for a few years. I don't use Corsair link software for my H100i V2 liquid cooler. I do have Corsair CUE software installed for my K70 RGB keyboard. If i owned a Corsair mouse, wireless headset, RGB mouse pad or RGB headset stand, i could control all of them using Cue software.

fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/07 10:54:28 (permalink)
Oh, God. Please consolidate the EVGA software into one package. I'm running 3 separate EVGA programs now. 
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/08 14:56:31 (permalink)
fearpoint
Oh, God. Please consolidate the EVGA software into one package. I'm running 3 separate EVGA programs now. 

Lol I have 4 I use, 5 if I count the flow control but since I don't use it I will remove that one.

lindseyn73
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/08 16:45:47 (permalink)
So, I just got my Z10. It's pretty nice, but I have some gripes about the software.
Version 1.0.12 seems to take over my Logitech mouse and makes it do weird stuff. Like opens each link in a new browser window. And the mouse wheel controls Chrome's zoom mode. I downgraded to 1.0.7 and the mouse is working.

Another problem I have is the Unleash program doesn't use the windows scaling. I use a 55" 4k TV for a monitor and it is tiny AF.

Still trying to figure out the Precision settings to go with it. I don't see where you can have it show the FPS in a game.

Associate Code: JDYLG3RRGB4SELE
Intel i9-9900K 3.6Ghz (probably OC it soon)
32GB G-skill 3200Mhz Memory
EVGA Z390 FTW Mobo
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid (Stock, probably OC it soon too)
EVGA CLC 280 
EVGA 1000W P2 PS
EVGA Z-10 Keyboard
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Case
Windows 10 Professional
lindseyn73
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/08 17:09:45 (permalink)
Well, an update on my previous post. Already.

I re-installed 1.0.12 and the mouse is back to working properly now. Not sure what happened.

The size of the app on screen still sucks, but I guess that's what Magnifier is there for. Hope they change the code so it will use the scaling.

Associate Code: JDYLG3RRGB4SELE
Intel i9-9900K 3.6Ghz (probably OC it soon)
32GB G-skill 3200Mhz Memory
EVGA Z390 FTW Mobo
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid (Stock, probably OC it soon too)
EVGA CLC 280 
EVGA 1000W P2 PS
EVGA Z-10 Keyboard
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Case
Windows 10 Professional
PietroBR
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1202
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/09 04:32:19 (permalink)
quadlatte
fearpoint

Lol I have 4 I use, 5 if I count the flow control but since I don't use it I will remove that one.

We can always dream guys.
One day maybe.

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/09 09:41:53 (permalink)
lindseyn73
Well, an update on my previous post. Already.

I re-installed 1.0.12 and the mouse is back to working properly now. Not sure what happened.

The size of the app on screen still sucks, but I guess that's what Magnifier is there for. Hope they change the code so it will use the scaling.

Hi lindseyn73,

Which Logitech mouse do you have?  I realize that this issue (with the mouse) is resolved, but I'd like our software team to have that information.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/10 01:43:08 (permalink)
lindseyn73
So, I just got my Z10. It's pretty nice, but I have some gripes about the software.
Version 1.0.12 seems to take over my Logitech mouse and makes it do weird stuff. Like opens each link in a new browser window. And the mouse wheel controls Chrome's zoom mode. I downgraded to 1.0.7 and the mouse is working.

Another problem I have is the Unleash program doesn't use the windows scaling. I use a 55" 4k TV for a monitor and it is tiny AF.

Still trying to figure out the Precision settings to go with it. I don't see where you can have it show the FPS in a game.

What version of logitech software are you running. That would probably help evga software team.

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/11 07:06:46 (permalink)
I don't like because EVGA didn't used Cherry MX.
Same is with Logitech. Logitech as my favorite company for mouse designed so nice mechanical keyboards as
G413 and G610, 613, PRO, almost all are nice, but they not use Cherry MX and only one of their keyboard use but Cherry MX Red only.
I decide to stick with something "old school"... WASD, Deck, Filco but huge fan of Logitech design, special G413 aluminium.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2018/05/11 07:14:18

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/12 02:03:23 (permalink)
Vlada011
I don't like because EVGA didn't used Cherry MX.
Same is with Logitech. Logitech as my favorite company for mouse designed so nice mechanical keyboards as
G413 and G610, 613, PRO, almost all are nice, but they not use Cherry MX and only one of their keyboard use but Cherry MX Red only.
I decide to stick with something "old school"... WASD, Deck, Filco but huge fan of Logitech design, special G413 aluminium.

Cherry MX does make some of the best mechanical switches. The Cherry MX Red RGB switches on my Corsair K70 RGB are nice.
Anyone that's into mechanical back lit keyboards could of told evga, that it's keyboard needs RGB back lighting, if they want the best chance for the product to end up in people checkout basket.
I predict will see a $20-50 price drop within 2-6months.

Would you take a membrane keyboard over Logitech Romer-G switch or Kailh switches?

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/12 07:46:00 (permalink)
I love most Cherry MX Brown and Cherry MX Clear would like to try.
It's not only EVGA. Razor, Logitech as well.
Like I sad Logitech design so nice keyboard, I read comments of their fans. Logitech test hardware in Switzerland and they are very precize, durable, nicely design hardware. You almost can feal Europe. And I like their products.
They used some Romer-G keys and people are so dissapointed even if specifications are better than Cherry MX.
I don't know, I used to respect Cherry MX and Topre and others I see as saving cost. But I would not be surprised that have and some other reason because Logitech didn't used Cherry MX.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Z10 Keyboard 2018/05/12 08:07:34 (permalink)
lindseyn73

what version of precision are you using? you need 6.2.6 for it to work with the Z10, then click the HWM button and it will come up, you should then see a red GPU and blue system buttons at the top. they some times are hidden but that is where you select FPS and other things.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile