Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 56
Author
mwparrish
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3278
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 23
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/10 08:44:12 (permalink)
ATGSteakHouse

Mr.HedgehogHunter

mwparrish

Johnny_Utah

willdearborn

linuxrouter

The Intel NIC is a step in the right direction. I would like to also see the following:

- Fix USB 3.0 support
- Add support for all 40 CPU lanes with x16/x8/x16 or x16/x8/x8/x8 slot configuration similar to what the RIVE and RIVF supports.
- Fix PCI-E 3.0 negotiation issue. With my FTW, slot 4 negotiates at 3.0 and then intermittently downgrades to 2.0 link speed. This has been more of an issue with NVIDIA cards than AMD cards. I have not been able to reproduce the negotiation issue on other manufacturer X79 boards.
- Improve overclocking support. With my FTW, I have to set excessively high Vcore for stability with mild overclocking. The EVGA x58 boards were great for overclocking and I would like to see similar overclocking functionality for the EVGA X79 boards.

^^^ These are necessities as far as I'm concerned. If these issues aren't taken care of, this board will be just like the rest of the EVGA X79 series. If I have to pump extra Vcore into my chip to get the same OC as other boards, then this board is useless. And the other stuff is a no-brainer. Don't bother releasing the board unless these things have been fixed.

Quoted again for absolute truth.  I wish EVGA the best of luck with this board, however until my problems are fixed, I don't believe it is in any way logical to purchase another board from them.

+1, Steak inbound to proclaim no issues with his board cuz he's pro in 3... 2... 

Nope!

He is busy trying to get his 100% working EVGA board working 

Also, he most likely is busy writing false negative reviews about ASUS and other manufactures and writing positive reviews about EVGA 

Trust Me! I Know! I See! I Track!

Well, Well, Well, The Big Cat Goes Away And All The Mice Come Out To Play!

Now, let me admit (begrudgingly) - That YES there have evidently been some minor issues (of which I have had NONE) with the EVGA X79 Series.  The only reason I believe that is I see Agent Utah's Name attached on some of these threads.  If Agent Utah says he had an issue - Then yes, I trust it actually happened and wasn't user error.  As for the rest of this nonsense - methinks though doth protest too much!

I see these issues with CPU Lanes and the concern for PCIE Bandwidth/PCIE Negotiation, OK fine but might I remind everyone who first supported Quad SLI Setups - With The First Motherboard And GPU To Do It - That's right EVGA.  And let's not even start on the FIASCO created by NVIDIA with PCIE 3.0 Support on Sandybridge.  Personally I am curious to see how IB-E and the 700 Series cards do - as right now we are not fully saturated anyway - it's a non issue.  Hopefully Intel & NVIDIA have this all sorted by then.

In fact the only real issue I see on the current boards is instability with some of the USB 3.0 Slots - I know ASMEDIA has been trying to resolve this (for those with the problem) as they have been with MANY of the OEMs.  Certainly know one can argue USB 3.0 has gotten off to a good start, and that's across the board - not just EVGA.  This has as much to do with ASMEDIA as it does with Rogue USB Devices not abiding to the USB 3.0 specification.

So go ahead and point fingers - yes I'm sure EVGA would like to get the USB issues resolved once and for all for everyone.  As for me, I realize that even Ferrari's have small issues once in a while - that doesn't mean I don't want one in my garage!  I'm not real concerned with a tear in the floor mat as I'm doing 150 MPH down the Highway!

Steak House 

Hahaha... Seriously, I'm glad it's been such a great experience for you.  The rest of us have been plagued with issues EVGA has been unable to resolve.  Literally, no exaggeration.  I worked with them for several months testing, documenting, and swapping parts (e.g. CPU, memory, mobo, video cards) and software/firmware/drivers.  The issues were not resolvable and they ended up admitting so.  They went to the extreme of refunding me 100% of my costs months beyond the return period.  I give them credit for that and certainly hope the X79 Dark is what the X79 should been originally.  That said, the rest of the folks plagued with issues that have purchased a product with advertised features that do not work have not been treated very well by EVGA in terms of technical support and resolution.

Now, contrast that to the ASUS RIVE, which when swapped out it worked flawlessly as is.  Not one blue screen or crash.  Literally rock solid out of the box with 100% working functionality compared to the issues listed with the X79 offering from EVGA.  Again, I'm glad your stuff works, but there's a serious flaw in the design of the original boards... thus the redesign and the X79 Dark.

Intel Core i7 3930K - 4.7 GHz  |  ASUS Rampage IV Extreme  |  8x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3-2133
2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC  |  BenQ XL2420TX - 1920x1080 120Hz LCD  |  Logitech G9x  |  Corsair Vengeance 1500
5x Crucial 128GB SSD  |  LG BD-R Drive  |  Danger Den Torture Rack  |  Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W

Mr.HedgehogHunter
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/10 11:02:06 (permalink)
ATGSteakHouse

Mr.HedgehogHunter

mwparrish

Johnny_Utah

willdearborn

linuxrouter

The Intel NIC is a step in the right direction. I would like to also see the following:

- Fix USB 3.0 support
- Add support for all 40 CPU lanes with x16/x8/x16 or x16/x8/x8/x8 slot configuration similar to what the RIVE and RIVF supports.
- Fix PCI-E 3.0 negotiation issue. With my FTW, slot 4 negotiates at 3.0 and then intermittently downgrades to 2.0 link speed. This has been more of an issue with NVIDIA cards than AMD cards. I have not been able to reproduce the negotiation issue on other manufacturer X79 boards.
- Improve overclocking support. With my FTW, I have to set excessively high Vcore for stability with mild overclocking. The EVGA x58 boards were great for overclocking and I would like to see similar overclocking functionality for the EVGA X79 boards.

^^^ These are necessities as far as I'm concerned. If these issues aren't taken care of, this board will be just like the rest of the EVGA X79 series. If I have to pump extra Vcore into my chip to get the same OC as other boards, then this board is useless. And the other stuff is a no-brainer. Don't bother releasing the board unless these things have been fixed.

Quoted again for absolute truth.  I wish EVGA the best of luck with this board, however until my problems are fixed, I don't believe it is in any way logical to purchase another board from them.

+1, Steak inbound to proclaim no issues with his board cuz he's pro in 3... 2... 

Nope!

Also, he most likely is busy writing false negative reviews about ASUS and other manufactures and writing positive reviews about EVGA 

Now, let me admit (begrudgingly) - That YES there have evidently been some minor issues (of which I have had NONE) with the EVGA X79 Series.  The only reason I believe that is I see Agent Utah's Name attached on some of these threads.  If Agent Utah says he had an issue - Then yes, I trust it actually happened and wasn't user error.  As for the rest of this nonsense - methinks though doth protest too much!

I see these issues with CPU Lanes and the concern for PCIE Bandwidth/PCIE Negotiation, OK fine but might I remind everyone who first supported Quad SLI Setups - With The First Motherboard And GPU To Do It - That's right EVGA.  And let's not even start on the FIASCO created by NVIDIA with PCIE 3.0 Support on Sandybridge.  Personally I am curious to see how IB-E and the 700 Series cards do - as right now we are not fully saturated anyway - it's a non issue.  Hopefully Intel & NVIDIA have this all sorted by then.

In fact the only real issue I see on the current boards is instability with some of the USB 3.0 Slots - I know ASMEDIA has been trying to resolve this (for those with the problem) as they have been with MANY of the OEMs.  Certainly know one can argue USB 3.0 has gotten off to a good start, and that's across the board - not just EVGA.  This has as much to do with ASMEDIA as it does with Rogue USB Devices not abiding to the USB 3.0 specification.

So go ahead and point fingers - yes I'm sure EVGA would like to get the USB issues resolved once and for all for everyone.  As for me, I realize that even Ferrari's have small issues once in a while - that doesn't mean I don't want one in my garage!  I'm not real concerned with a tear in the floor mat as I'm doing 150 MPH down the Highway!

Steak House

Like Utah is the only one that has any credibility

You need to go visit some non-manufacture enthusiast forums! You will be surprise to see that EVGA's current motherboards really ever make the recommended lists in any of them. There are more problems with the EVGA X79 line up then USB 3.0. All the USB 3.0 ports on my ASUS boards work fine.

Also, the functionality of those USB 3.0 ports is extremely crucial considering the FTW and Clissified both only have 2 rear USB 2.0 ports and 8 USB 3.0 ports. Also, features like USB ports are crucial to most users. I would rather have my USB 3.0 ports working vs having a few extra overclocking points. Even then all my ASUS boards are OC'ed to 4.8 GHz and all the ports still work...

Still do not get why people settle for half baked products when there are better options that fully work.

You people with problems need to contact EVGA and demand the issues be fix or demand a full refund. 

Well, You can all keep throwing your money away on half baked products and spending your well deserved free time trouble shooting crap-ware that should have work out of the box and I will do the opposite 

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4546
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/10 12:47:47 (permalink)
Mr.HedgehogHunter

ATGSteakHouse

Mr.HedgehogHunter

mwparrish

Johnny_Utah

willdearborn

linuxrouter

- Fix USB 3.0 support

Nope!

Steak House

Like Utah is the only one that has any credibility

You need to go visit some non-manufacture enthusiast forums! You will be surprise to see that EVGA's current motherboards really ever make the recommended lists in any of them. There are more problems with the EVGA X79 line up then USB 3.0. All the USB 3.0 ports on my ASUS boards work fine.

Also, the functionality of those USB 3.0 ports is extremely crucial considering the FTW and Clissified both only have 2 rear USB 2.0 ports and 8 USB 3.0 ports. Also, features like USB ports are crucial to most users. I would rather have my USB 3.0 ports working vs having a few extra overclocking points. Even then all my ASUS boards are OC'ed to 4.8 GHz and all the ports still work...

Still do not get why people settle for half baked products when there are better options that fully work.

You people with problems need to contact EVGA and demand the issues be fix or demand a full refund. 

Well, You can all keep throwing your money away on half baked products and spending your well deserved free time trouble shooting crap-ware that should have work out of the box and I will do the opposite 

Thanks Steak but I am definitely NOT the only credible one here....You just say that because I am an ex Ohio State quarterback turned undercover FBI surfer tracking the most dangerous set of bank robbers this side of the Mississippi! :)   I appreciate your trust Steak.

Mwparrish is actually the person I went to when I began seeing problems...along with LINUXROUTER and a few others.  Steak, I honestly believe, brother that there are some REALLY big problems with this board.  You know I won't throw a fit unless I feel that I have been seriously mistreated...and others as well!  I sent my board in 2 days after brand new and got back another NEW board with exactly the same problems...I have gone through updating firmware, drivers etc to no avail and have never had an issue like these that could not be fixed.

Each time I boot my board, I have to play "guess the USB port that will work".  Talk about frustrating!???   I also still cannot get my 3 680's to negotiate 3.0 speeds (which I can on other boards).  There are a few more minor issues that can be overlooked for me, however the fact that I spent so much money on a product that falls short really demands some attention. 

I am glad yours is working perfectly...and you know I am not joking.  I really am.  All I ask is for some empathy for those of us with issues that HAVE NOT and maybe WILL NOT be addressed:)

I'm off to inspect a crime scene now guys, have a good one!

Edit:  Me spellum gud.
post edited by Johnny_Utah - 2013/01/10 17:59:10

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Ribbons : 56
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/10 13:21:07 (permalink)
i find it interesting they went back to traditional solid caps instead of the tiny POS caps. wonder why?

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
Mr.HedgehogHunter
  • Total Posts : 38
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/10 13:27:54 (permalink)
quadlatte

i find it interesting they went back to traditional solid caps instead of the tiny POS caps. wonder why?

I believe the POS caps may have been part of the problem or to cut cost... 
linuxrouter
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8043
  • Ribbons : 104
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/10 17:19:53 (permalink)
lehpron
Biggest clue: The X79 chipset itself is just 7W TDP (if all ports and controllers are being taxed) and doesn't need a beefy heatsink, so there must be at least one PLX bridge chip under there to guarantee at least 3-way x16 (40 real lanes and 8 phantom).  If there were two, I'd start laughing (4-way SLI via 40 real lanes and 24 phantom).

I was looking at a closeup of the motherboard. The image is blurry, but from what I can tell, the slots say the following:

PCIE_x16/x8_1
PCIE_x8_2
PCIE_X16/x8_3
PCIE_x8_4
PCIE_x4_5
PCIE_x8/x4_6

It is hard to see the text for some of these slots and I may have gotten some wrong. If the above configuration is correct then perhaps the top four slots are fed 32-lanes. While the bottom two slots are fed the remaining 8 lanes. Perhaps slot 5 is tied into the x79 as the x79 can provide up to 8 PCI-E 2.0 lanes but I suppose this slot could also be shared with slot 6 where if both slots are occupied, both run at x4. However maybe there is still a PLX in the mix in which case I am not sure which lanes go where. Perhaps Jacob would be willing to let us know for sure.

Edit: If the above is correct, then it should be possible to run x16/x16/x8 with an extra open slot in between each card for optimal air flow.
post edited by linuxrouter - 2013/01/10 17:32:02

CaseLabs M-S8 - ASRock X99 Pro - Intel 5960x 4.2 GHz - XSPC CPU WC - EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid SLI - Samsung 950 512GB - EVGA 1600w Titanium
Affiliate Code: OZJ-0TQ-41NJ
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 05:01:50 (permalink)
Chaos_21

It is a very nice board! Here a close look.

I guess it's exciting to see EVGA roll out a different X79 board in hopes it works correctly. Sadly I see a lower material quality product then what EVGA first offered us in the X79 boards. Such a pity the original boards had such issues.
justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3326
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 05:23:22 (permalink)
linuxrouter
I was looking at a closeup of the motherboard. The image is blurry, but from what I can tell, the slots say the following:

PCIE_x16/x8_1
PCIE_x8_2
PCIE_X16/x8_3
PCIE_x8_4
PCIE_x4_5
PCIE_x8/x4_6

It is hard to see the text for some of these slots and I may have gotten some wrong. If the above configuration is correct then perhaps the top four slots are fed 32-lanes. While the bottom two slots are fed the remaining 8 lanes. Perhaps slot 5 is tied into the x79 as the x79 can provide up to 8 PCI-E 2.0 lanes but I suppose this slot could also be shared with slot 6 where if both slots are occupied, both run at x4. However maybe there is still a PLX in the mix in which case I am not sure which lanes go where. Perhaps Jacob would be willing to let us know for sure.

Edit: If the above is correct, then it should be possible to run x16/x16/x8 with an extra open slot in between each card for optimal air flow.

I really hope you are right. It would be so nice to have a board allow for this. I have been waiting for years for a manufacturer besides Asrock to produce a motherboard that will allow for 3 way SLI with a space inbetween each card. Not only does it allow for optimal airflow, but it also allows for 2 single slot add-in cards to go along with 3 way SLI. I don't know about you guys but I'd certainly like 3 way SLI with a sound card plus another slot in case I need to add another card. I just hope they have distributed the PCIe lanes correctly.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
lordshinro
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1600
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 08:05:45 (permalink)
If it works well and they either replace my crappy EVGA x79 FTW with it or offer me a steep discount I will consider buying it. As is I'm really tired of playing Russian roulette with my USBs. Most of the time..they don't work.

It also sucks to have two GTX 680 Classies on water and not get the most out of them because only one is 3.0

lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 16254
  • Ribbons : 191
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 09:27:45 (permalink)
doorules 
lehpron 
doorules 
How many pcie lanes, 32 like the rest of evga x79 mobo's or 40 like other oem's?
Biggest clue: The X79 chipset itself is just 7W TDP (if all ports and controllers are being taxed) and doesn't need a beefy heatsink, so there must be at least one PLX bridge chip under there to guarantee at least 3-way x16 (40 real lanes and 8 phantom).  If there were two, I'd start laughing (4-way SLI via 40 real lanes and 24 phantom). 

I am hoping they did not junk it up with a PLX chip. 40 native lanes is plenty. But they could not do that on previous x79's. 
I could be wrong, but I think EVGA is positioning thier Dark X79 against the ASUS P9X79-E WS which the backside reveals having two other chipsets with the southbridge, and since the heatsinks are of similar size as Dark's heatsink, I think there are two bridge chips under there.

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
Bowenac
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5669
  • Ribbons : 17
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 10:30:46 (permalink)
Good luck to future buyers with the BIOS... I have no faith in EVGA making a good bios... it has been months since I purchased a Z68 FTW and they still do not have a final bios still feeding us BS beta bios which suck... I know I will never be purchasing another EVGA motherboard as they didn't feel responsible enough to fix the bios, it seems they have just given up on the Z68 BIOS, they didn't test the new hardware changes that caused the issues, and I am left with a FTW board that I can't even OC.
justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3326
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 11:17:56 (permalink)
Bowenac

Good luck to future buyers with the BIOS... I have no faith in EVGA making a good bios... it has been months since I purchased a Z68 FTW and they still do not have a final bios still feeding us BS beta bios which suck... I know I will never be purchasing another EVGA motherboard as they didn't feel responsible enough to fix the bios, it seems they have just given up on the Z68 BIOS, they didn't test the new hardware changes that caused the issues, and I am left with a FTW board that I can't even OC.

I agree. They really have seem to lost their way in terms of writing stable, usable BIOSes. This board will have to be priced much lower than the ASUS RIVE (around $299 seems right) , support 3 way SLI using slots 1-4-7, and have a stable BIOS with everything working for me to consider it. Because why wouldn't I just buy an ASUS board that I know to be 100% working? Please EVGA, I used to love your motherboards, and I really want to again. I beg you not to disappoint us. I will be the first one in line to hop back on the EVGA Mobo bandwagon if this thing turns out like it should.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
firerx
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3099
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 12:05:03 (permalink)
wow. Guess folks forgotten the 680i motherboards.  EVGA fixed the problems and came out on top of everyone else. Have some faith. They do tend to learn from they challenges. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme  
Intel Core i9 10900X 
Corsair Platinums 3000mhz 32gb 
 RTX 3090 FE 
TT 1200w PSU
Samsung 950 Pro M2 SSD 1tb
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1tb
Samsumg 840 Pro SSD, Seagate 1TB drive   
LG 34" Curved Monitor 3440 X 1440       

Bowenac
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 12:15:04 (permalink)
Your kidding right? They had a different mb team way back then... How long do you think it should take to fix current mb bios issues?
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 12:30:21 (permalink)
firerx

wow. Guess folks forgotten the 680i motherboards.  EVGA fixed the problems and came out on top of everyone else. Have some faith. They do tend to learn from they challenges. 

I don't even know how to respond to the blatant ridiculousness of this post.  Was this a joke?

mpetts
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 12:48:37 (permalink)
I haven't forgotten the excellent 680i or the X58 that I had, but that was before EVGA's motherboard team left en masse in 2010 to another company.

Every. Single. BIOS. has sucked since then. Period. Full stop.

Why would you think that a new motherboard would be any different? They can't even fix their existing motherboard lineup!
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 13:05:27 (permalink)
Since BIOs 41 my motherboard is running well and stable. There are some things that can be improved upon and I believe the X79 Dark is that end result.

mpetts

I haven't forgotten the excellent 680i or the X58 that I had, but that was before EVGA's motherboard team left en masse in 2010 to another company.

Why would you think that a new motherboard would be any different? They can't even fix their existing motherboard lineup!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Bowenac
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 13:08:10 (permalink)
Of course you feel that way RJ... I won't believe it till I read about it from users and still won't ever purchase another EVGA motherboard till my current mb bios gets a major update.
manojks
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 456
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 13:46:53 (permalink)
its there suppose to be a screw hole where the x79 dark heatsink is ?

EVGA X79 DARK | Intel i7-3960X | EVGA TITAN SC | EVGA NEX 750W Gold | Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB |
Pioneer BDR-206M | Pioneer DVR-217J | Audioengine DAC-D1 & AE5+ | Crucial M500 480GB
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 14:31:26 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Since BIOs 41 my motherboard is running well and stable. There are some things that can be improved upon and I believe the X79 Dark is that end result.

mpetts

That is wonderful RJ, glad there are those of you who are not having problems.   I don't know if you have been reading around, but EVGA motherboards after this last X79 debacle (heck even before this, but this is the latest) have gotten a BAD name.  I sit with a board with numerous problems and there is no fix.

Here is my question to you:  If this were your company, how would YOU handle this?   There are a number of long time forum members and long time EVGA customers who will never, ever purchase a motherboard with EVGA on it again.  I just don't see how EVGA cares...what are they doing?

firerx
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3099
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 16:49:23 (permalink)
Well, Enjoy you sniveling attacks instead of being proactive an getting a solution to your issues. Have Fun!
Hey RJ, and they wonder why the old time EVGA'ers don't say anything in this forum anymore. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme  
Intel Core i9 10900X 
Corsair Platinums 3000mhz 32gb 
 RTX 3090 FE 
TT 1200w PSU
Samsung 950 Pro M2 SSD 1tb
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1tb
Samsumg 840 Pro SSD, Seagate 1TB drive   
LG 34" Curved Monitor 3440 X 1440       

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 17:17:48 (permalink)
firerx

Well, Enjoy you sniveling attacks instead of being proactive an getting a solution to your issues. Have Fun!
Hey RJ, and they wonder why the old time EVGA'ers don't say anything in this forum anymore. 

You obviously are in the wrong thread. 

The 680i debuted 6 years ago and the X58 system you have was the last of the good EVGA boards.    Sniveling attacks?  I have a board that does not work properly and EVGA has no solution.  How can I be proactive, PLEASE tell me?  I just love how people who have NO idea what is going on love to pass judgement.  Good riddance.

zerocool101
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 473
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 18:06:30 (permalink)
EVGA should have a trade in program for current x79 FTW and Classi owners for this new Dark mobo. They know they sold us crap mobo's and they should help us all out!

The End!!

13900KS on Z690 Dark KP
FE 4090
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 18:11:31 (permalink)
It will fit fine.

The board has full support for 2-Way, 3-Way and 4-Way SLI.

willdearborn

In looking more closely at the picture, I am starting to worry that there will be clearance issues in using the bottom PCIe slot. Is that right-angled 6-pin PCIe connector on the bottom of the board going to get in the way of having a card in the slot? I can't see anyone not noticing that when designing the board so I am going to assume there won't be issues, but it looks like a tight fit.

Can you comment Jacob?

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 18:12:08 (permalink)
zerocool101

EVGA should have a trade in program for current x79 FTW and Classi owners for this new Dark mobo. They know they sold us crap mobo's and they should help us all out!

The End!!

This.  EVGA should be prepared for this kind of blow-back until they fix our problems. 

mpetts
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 19:53:26 (permalink)
rjohnson11

I'm genuinely glad yours is working. I think the point here is how long it takes EVGA to get to even a moderately usable state with their BIOS. The X79 was announced on November 11, 2011. BIOS 041, which by your own admission is the reason why your motherboard is now running acceptably (with caveats), was released almost a full year later on October 5, 2012.

That's absolutely indefensible. There is nothing that any reasonable person could comprehend where it's acceptable for a company to release a product and take almost a year to get it moderately stable.

Look at the last Z77 FTW BIOS. Released on October 2012, and there are still major issues. ASUS has released at least 4 BIOS updates for each of their Z77-based motherboards since October alone. Same story with the other motherboard manufacturers. The BIOS's in their release versions are more stable than any of EVGA's at any point. Look at the Z77 Stinger, released in October 2012, and exactly zero BIOS updates, with a laundry list of problems.

I understand the desire to be positive about a company, and to get excited about their products. I've owned plenty of EVGA's products, and I've been an EVGA customer as long as you have. But I cannot get excited about shiny new hardware, no matter how amazing it's potential is, when the underlying BIOS may never work how it should, or it takes up to a year to get the motherboard in a usable state.

I cannot fathom that there's any defense for this situation, because there shouldn't be. It's appalling, and EVGA needs to stop ripping people off with underdeveloped products. Strong words indeed, but what do you call it when someone promises you a product with all these features, delivers it, then it doesn't work, and either takes a year to fix it or never does? I'd say that's ripping people off, and it's costing a great deal of EVGA's reputation.
Demonik5150
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4558
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 21:26:24 (permalink)
i hope the new mobo im getting doesnt have problems  this is a nice board BTW 

blood4guts
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 419
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/11 22:26:49 (permalink)
This is the sort of board that EVGA could grab part of the market with if they released it when x79 came out.

mdzcpa
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 311
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/12 04:41:31 (permalink)
mwparrish 

LOL...you called it perfectly.

Hopefully this new EVGA isn't the steaming pile my X79 Classified was.  I sold that board for a whopping loss and recieved a hit to my heatware to boot when the buyer couldn't get the board to function even though I warned him of every problem.

As noted above, for this board to be a hit they need to fix the USB support, provide 40 full express lanes, improve the weak overclocking, and man up and produce a REAL UEFI (let's face it, EVGA UEFI up to this point is actually pretty embarrassing).  

They also need to do something to the scores of folks that were ripped off on the first X79 release.  They need to provide a step up program and allow a reasonable credit for everyone that bought from the previously defective line up. If the Dark mobo proves worthy, a step up credit to those left out in the cold would do wonders for the EVGA mobo business as their reputation is going down the toilet along with their diehard fan base (except for one fanboy that lurks here of course).  A solid X79 offering coupled with some releif for those who have been struggling with documented and unresolved issues would halt the slide dead in it's tracks.  If they simply ignore the customers who do not have working boards the problem is not completely solved with a new board no matter how great it is. I hope EVGA is listening....

9900K @ 5.1Ghz
Asus Maximus Hero XI
32GB Gskill GTZ RBG @ 4000 
Asus Strix 2080 Ti OC Edition 
OS & Apps: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Storage: WD Blue 4TB
Seasonic 1000 Prime Titanium

Phanteks Evolve X 

tonschk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/01/12 05:48:45 (permalink)
Why the EVGA engineers have made a downgrade now using the normal/common capacitors instead of the top-notch (more expensive) tantalum capacitors used for the previous X79 FTW/Classified motherboards ? , this is really a pity, therefore I LOVE even more my X79 FTW mobo
post edited by tonschk - 2013/01/12 09:50:38

PC Power&Cooling 910W Silencer, I just LOVE this high quality and built to last PSU 
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile