EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!EVGA X299 Motherboards!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 23
Author
ScorPion359
  • Total Posts : 92
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/07 15:12:59 (permalink)
Vlada011
ScorPion359
Two weeks passed!
Fewer and fewer people want to wait for EVGA and choose other brands!!!
What will happen in next Friday?  "18 countdown" - what does this mean for all of us?!?!?

You read nothing, on all sides people advice to customers be patient and wait little more because problems with some motherboards.
Obvious 8 pin was not enough to people OC 8 and 10 core Skylake-X just like that.
Decision to go with overkill and 8+8 pin as EVGA always do with premium motherboards this time was smart.
Did you check that overclockers report very hot 8 pin power cable during OC X299 mobo with single 8 pin.
Someone even talk about X299 revisions.

1. Thanks, but i know the problems of motherboards with VRM - for me it's not a problem - I'll use a water block for vrm.
2. motherboard EVGA X299 Dark has a slightly different power system, that's why I'm waiting for this motherboard
3. motherboard EVGA X299 Dark has two 8-pin!!!
DennyDj86
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/09 03:41:24 (permalink)
News for EVGA x299 boards availability in EU?
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/09 03:55:20 (permalink)
DennyDj86
News for EVGA x299 boards availability in EU?

No news yet. Stay tuned.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Cruzix
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/09 11:31:21 (permalink)
looking forward to use one of these for my upcoming build :p
Artah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/10 13:39:32 (permalink)
jonmike13
Scarlet-Tech
jonmike13
I'm out guys. Going with an Aorus Gaming 7. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you enjoy your x299 boards!!  

Don't be afraid to let us know how you like it :-)

Will do! :)

how's the AG7?  I picked up an Asus prime x299 deluxe while I'm waiting for the Apex and EVGA dark and not very happy with it.  They are using the heatsink for the chipset with one of the m.2.  I'm wondering if EVGA dark is going to be doing the same thing.  How about on the AG7?
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/11 05:36:12 (permalink)
Someone produced waterblocks here for Z97 Classified, and some other boards...
Can you imagine Monoblock (CPU, VRM) for EVGA X299 Dark. Fan could stay.
Flat block with VRM part higher than CPU part. It could look cool with EVGA X299 Dark engraved small in corner.

Than she could work with EKWB Predator.
Overclocked CPU 10-18 cores, and motherboard power section will be cooled by liquid, and cold all the time.
No overheating, no problems. You connect 8+8 pin and OC your Intel Xtreme Black 18 cores /36 threads on 4.5GHz
and make score as two Ryzen 7 1800X.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

oldmanian
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 263
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/11 08:16:33 (permalink)
Really wish there was a target date/timeframe available for the dark board.  I'm moving through my build plan now and as it stands I can't really include it as an option.  Hopefully that changes. Soon.
Jbj5000
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/11 11:02:12 (permalink)

Isonzo
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/11 21:38:35 (permalink)
Evga,please one date to relase ,i attend ,attend..........
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/12 10:07:47 (permalink)
Other manufacturers are dealing with the VRM heat fiasco, are you guys doing the same thing?  I'm looking at that dark heatsink and it does not look like it would have enough surface to dissipate the heat at all over 250 watts.  Share some info if you can please.

https://www.youtube.com/w...c&feature=youtu.be

oldmanian
iCX Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 07:50:25 (permalink)
Artah
Other manufacturers are dealing with the VRM heat fiasco, are you guys doing the same thing?  I'm looking at that dark heatsink and it does not look like it would have enough surface to dissipate the heat at all over 250 watts.  Share some info if you can please.

https://www.youtube.com/w...c&feature=youtu.be

Honestly, I don't see anyway that EVGA overlooks VRM cooling ever again.  They are a good company and they learned from their last issue with the 10 series cards.  
Also, keep in mind that the video you've linked is about the unreleased APEX from Asus and that the VRM cooling is an issue with other Asus board (along with every other manufacturer's boards) that are currently on the market.  

My developing hesitation with X299 revolves around it's current poor gaming performance.  I want to be able to do both and right now, I'm not convinced that the cache restructuring and intel's mesh are giving better results then Bdwell-E.  They certainly seem to clock higher, but through off a ton of heat and the gains from the OC seem to be non-reflective of the clock changes.  It's a strange lineup right now... 
ScorPion359
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 08:32:42 (permalink)
I very much hope that tomorrow will be the release X299 Dark
Otherwise I will buy GIGABYTE AORUS X299 AORUS Gaming 9, because I can not wait anymore!
Besides, I see a number of shortcomings in X299 Dark:
- no backplate
- no external connection of temperature sensors
- no of support for water pumps
- poor vrm cooling system 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:07:28 (permalink)
ScorPion359
Otherwise I will buy GIGABYTE AORUS X299 AORUS Gaming 9, because I can not wait anymore!
- no backplate

Vince built the board around LN2 cooling.. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut a lot of the unnecessary things that don't help with benchmarking and overclocking.

All of the things that were shown at computer (or what ever show it is) was just to show the board. EVGA hasn't released a finished product, so the features have not been fully covered as of yet. Not sure what you mean by "no backplate".. are you meaning armor like the TUF boards have?

If you are in a rush to grab an unfinished platform so you can beta test bios', grab one that is available. I personally suggest patience until they finish working out the kinks from launch.

I spent over a month trying to get a completed bios from Asus as they sorted out the x99 after it launched.. it's worth waiting for them to sort out the launch issues.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/07/13 09:14:55
oldmanian
iCX Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:18:51 (permalink)
ScorPion359
- no backplate

I debated the gaming 9.  Just beware that board.  Silicon lottery had some substantial issues with that board.  If you're condifering it, I would hold off until OC3D does his review of that board.  He's got an x299 gaming 7 in his hands and he's talked directly to Der*aurs about the VRM overheating issues and I'm sure he'll be pretty detailed in his analysis of the VRM/it's cooling, which is identical across the gaming x299 line.  So whatever he says about the gaming 7 applies to the gaming 9.

Regarding your other notations:
- Backplate seem to be added as a support means for RGB. NO Rgb, no need for the plate.
- No external temp sensors.  Eh. I've not seen a huge argument for them, unless you've got a hybrid cooler that you'd like to use a temp sensor on the GPU to control the fan on the rad.
- No support for water pumps. We'll see when the final version is out how it is handled.
- Poor VRM cooling.  We'll see how this is addressed.  I have faith in EVGA making sure that this board (the X299 Dark) is a robust enthusiast board.  It may not be as pretty as my Rampage V Ed.10 (which has all those things you mentioned above and I use none of them) but I think that the board will have plenty to offer.  

Whatever you decide, good luck with your build.  I'm holding off on X299 as I just see way too much smoke at present & I've yet to see a single piece of info that is all good for my use case.  ANy nuggets of good are usually laced with heating or power issues.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:19:03 (permalink)
ScorPion359
- no backplate

I highly doubt dark will be released tomorrow especially looking at the dark picture with a dinky VRM heatsink unless they have alien technology that miniaturized the heat coming from the VRMs with 350+ watts of power.  This really depends on what you are doing with the board.  If you are going to go for moderate overclock then any board out there is good enough, I would recommend EVGA because of their unmatched warranty transfer especially if you are on the fence on which final board you are using :).  I've been testing (temp board) with Asus Prime X299 Deluxe and with a fan in front of the VRM I was able to hit 5GHz but only tested with CPU-Z and XTU scoring over 3,000, more testing is needed obviously.  I would have loved to test the EVGA Micro but unfortunately I have no way of getting a hold of that board at the moment.

If you are planning to use the board for the highest possible OC and will not settle for secondary results then I would wait for EVGA Dark/Apex.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:27:32 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
ScorPion359
- no backplate

Vince built the board around LN2 cooling.. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut a lot of the unnecessary things that don't help with benchmarking and overclocking.

All of the things that were shown at computer (or what ever show it is) was just to show the board. EVGA hasn't released a finished product, so the features have not been fully covered as of yet. Not sure what you mean by "no backplate".. are you meaning armor like the TUF boards have?

If you are in a rush to grab an unfinished platform so you can beta test bios', grab one that is available. I personally suggest patience until they finish working out the kinks from launch.

I spent over a month trying to get a completed bios from Asus as they sorted out the x99 after it launched.. it's worth waiting for them to sort out the launch issues.

Would be nice if EVGA can send me a sample of the prototype that I can borrow, I'll test it out.  :)
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:37:45 (permalink)
Artah
Would be nice if EVGA can send me a sample of the prototype that I can borrow, I'll test it out.  :)

I just want a naked board. No capacitors, no socket, nothing.. just the board.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:50:01 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Artah

I just want a naked board. No capacitors, no socket, nothing.. just the board.

Well ok, you got me there, how about an engineering sample, the kind that comes with capacitors, diodes, led, transistors, resistors, sockets, vrm, chipset, logic gates, inductors and other stuff?  :)
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:53:39 (permalink)
Artah
Well ok, you got me there, how about an engineering sample, the kind that comes with capacitors, diodes, led, transistors, resistors, sockets, vrm, chipset, logic gates, inductors and other stuff?  :)

I wouldn't complain, lol.

I just want the naked board for mounting to the walls around the computer. I wouldn't mount a functioning board.
ScorPion359
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:54:34 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
1. I agree - that you need to wait for the final product, but it has never happened before that the presented product at the exhibition was very different from those that will be sold
2. Yes, I also had a lot of problems with the BIOS at the asus X99-Deluxe, only the 10th version of the BIOS was stable enough

oldmanian der8auer tested GIGABYTE AORUS X299 AORUS Gaming 3!!!
1. only one 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
2. Another (simple) heatsink for VRM
P.S.: Backplate needful to remove heat and impart rigidity
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 09:56:21 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Artah

I wouldn't complain, lol.

I just want the naked board for mounting to the walls around the computer. I wouldn't mount a functioning board.

here you go...

Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 10:47:22 (permalink)
Well unfortunately EKWB has no plans on making blocks for EVGA Dark, Asus Apex so I hope when they are ready to release them they have some good heat management solution because I plan to buy both boards for different rigs.  I don't really see a huge deal with the temps, they just need to make slight modifications and it will work fine without liquid cooling them.  I know, easier said than done like they would need to manufacture the improved heatsink and throw away the millions that are already made wasting cash but wait, here is an alternative.  Ship the motherboards the way it is and sell an optional upgrade to the heatsinks for the people that want to overclock their computer at the edge of melting them down.  The ratio of people wanting to overclock that hard is far less than the people that will use the boards normally.  I know for me if I was looking for motherboards and see the EVGA Dark I would get it just because it looks cool and run everything at stock with the existing existing heatsink that can run circles around a non overclocked CPU.  Doe EVGA employee that can make the call actually read these forums for feedback and actually take things into consideration? I feel like we're trying to talk to them and they are not listening.  Maybe some read it but they are on gag orders and can't say anything publicly to avoid any negative impacts of information getting out.

https://www.ekwb.com/conf...1_complist?mb_mbs=2629
ScorPion359
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 14:03:39 (permalink)
Artah
Well unfortunately EKWB has no plans on making blocks for EVGA Dark, Asus Apex so I hope when they are ready to release them they have some good heat management solution because I plan to buy both boards for different rigs.  I don't really see a huge deal with the temps, they just need to make slight modifications and it will work fine without liquid cooling them.  I know, easier said than done like they would need to manufacture the improved heatsink and throw away the millions that are already made wasting cash but wait, here is an alternative.  Ship the motherboards the way it is and sell an optional upgrade to the heatsinks for the people that want to overclock their computer at the edge of melting them down.  The ratio of people wanting to overclock that hard is far less than the people that will use the boards normally.  I know for me if I was looking for motherboards and see the EVGA Dark I would get it just because it looks cool and run everything at stock with the existing existing heatsink that can run circles around a non overclocked CPU.  Doe EVGA employee that can make the call actually read these forums for feedback and actually take things into consideration? I feel like we're trying to talk to them and they are not listening.  Maybe some read it but they are on gag orders and can't say anything publicly to avoid any negative impacts of information getting out.

https://www.ekwb.com/conf...1_complist?mb_mbs=2629

+1 you are damn right ...
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 18:32:19 (permalink)
As I am no longer there, I am not in the loop, but I can message some people who I know are there and ask them to readn this thread and see if they can provide ANY info for you.

As for some of the "shortcomings" of the board listed above.  This board is very sparse on the creature comforts, like with cars, you can get a Verrun or a high end Lambo (sorry dont know THAT many exotics off the top of my head) which are VERY powerful and have an amazing fit and finish, or if your goal is a straight line, really really fast, start with e Demon, but really, this board is like a back half car or a Promod.  All those things that dont make you go faster have been removed, this is the board from one of the worlds best overclockers, and imho one of the best of the best engineers backing him designing and building.

ScorPion359
- no backplate

- mainly there for aesthetics, and this board does not focus on that, also why there is no RGB on the Dark
- Same as above,  but most AIOs have software that reads through the USB port they use, OR a custom loop, most who want to monitor from inline probes use some sort of front panel device, I use Lamptron FC5v2, and I know there are other very popular models as well.
- Water pumps are on some boards, but in many other those, read the fine print, or risk burning traces, as many are enough for the small positive displacement pumps, but a 2.5-3.0 amp pumps cant work on there, especially not a 655Strong, or an Iwaki.  That being said, why not plug it into the PSU?  I have been on full water builds since my 7800GTX, I have definitely messed with pump speeds,I have in 90+% of all cases saw no real benefit, which is why I use a 655-B pump, one speed, run it off of Molex, or even sata with an adapter.  I have never had a problem running it off the PSU directly.  Why do you wish to avoid it?  Not being critical, just curious.
- honestly, you don't know that, that is a guess and nothing more.  I dont know how it will do either, and while everyone has had a product that made people cringe at some point, but EVGA has be OVERLY cautious with heat over the last year, and I am pretty confident they will not release a board that will be overheating the VRMs.

It is unfortunate that there are not more boards in the lineup.  Initially I had suggested keeping the classified AND the Dark both, the Dark being pure clocking, and the Classy being a good clocking board that had TONS of features, unfortunately the board line is, at this time, 3 boards.  When I was in support I used to always tell people "Get the right tool for the right job" and if a ton of features that are more for convenience or aesthetics are what you are looking for, the Dark may not be the best option.  Maybe another X299 is coming, I really have no idea, but I think part of the amrket is being underserved by not having a really feature heavy board.
ScorPion359
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 18:59:47 (permalink)
TECH_DaveB
As I am no longer there, I am not in the loop, but I can message some people who I know are there and ask them to readn this thread and see if they can provide ANY info for you.

As for some of the "shortcomings" of the board listed above.  This board is very sparse on the creature comforts, like with cars, you can get a Verrun or a high end Lambo (sorry dont know THAT many exotics off the top of my head) which are VERY powerful and have an amazing fit and finish, or if your goal is a straight line, really really fast, start with e Demon, but really, this board is like a back half car or a Promod.  All those things that dont make you go faster have been removed, this is the board from one of the worlds best overclockers, and imho one of the best of the best engineers backing him designing and building.

ScorPion359
- no backplate

- mainly there for aesthetics, and this board does not focus on that, also why there is no RGB on the Dark
- Same as above,  but most AIOs have software that reads through the USB port they use, OR a custom loop, most who want to monitor from inline probes use some sort of front panel device, I use Lamptron FC5v2, and I know there are other very popular models as well.
- Water pumps are on some boards, but in many other those, read the fine print, or risk burning traces, as many are enough for the small positive displacement pumps, but a 2.5-3.0 amp pumps cant work on there, especially not a 655Strong, or an Iwaki.  That being said, why not plug it into the PSU?  I have been on full water builds since my 7800GTX, I have definitely messed with pump speeds,I have in 90+% of all cases saw no real benefit, which is why I use a 655-B pump, one speed, run it off of Molex, or even sata with an adapter.  I have never had a problem running it off the PSU directly.  Why do you wish to avoid it?  Not being critical, just curious.
- honestly, you don't know that, that is a guess and nothing more.  I dont know how it will do either, and while everyone has had a product that made people cringe at some point, but EVGA has be OVERLY cautious with heat over the last year, and I am pretty confident they will not release a board that will be overheating the VRMs.

It is unfortunate that there are not more boards in the lineup.  Initially I had suggested keeping the classified AND the Dark both, the Dark being pure clocking, and the Classy being a good clocking board that had TONS of features, unfortunately the board line is, at this time, 3 boards.  When I was in support I used to always tell people "Get the right tool for the right job" and if a ton of features that are more for convenience or aesthetics are what you are looking for, the Dark may not be the best option.  Maybe another X299 is coming, I really have no idea, but I think part of the amrket is being underserved by not having a really feature heavy board.

Each manufacturer says that his products are the best!
I bought EVGA GTX 1080 FTW and it was not the best, the best were Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme and Zotac GTX 1080 Extreme!

Okay, we'll see tomorrow, or we will not see ...
jaykenning
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/13 22:53:43 (permalink)
i early adopted x99.  itll be awhile before i do that again.
PietroBR
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1202
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/14 06:44:33 (permalink)
Damn,
I'm in love with X299 Micro (because of the MATX format)
But, only one M.2 slot for storage? 
Would love to use Raid 0 with M.2, and not use sata cables in my next build.

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

ScorPion359
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/14 10:19:38 (permalink)
Good luck EVGA

jmiller2011
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/14 11:44:47 (permalink)
It's a bummer that there is no news what so ever on these, I'm jumping to Ryzen 1700x and returning my 7800x. Was really digging the Micro X299 
post edited by jmiller2011 - 2017/07/14 11:48:18
oldmanian
iCX Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/07/14 12:07:41 (permalink)
ScorPion359
Good luck EVGA

Curious how you make out with that board.

On EVGA stuff, I know that I am told that single dimm per channel is supposed to improve OC headroom, but that being the case, why not layout the board like aZ270 board with all 4 dimms on one side and leave the real estate on the other side for VRM or other components?
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 23
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile