EVGA

AnsweredEVGA Precision XOC K Boost Enabled: Now GTX 760 Doesn't Work

Author
(hostname_Jay)
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/06/13 13:49:54 (permalink)
I recently downloaded EVGA Precision XOC to adjust the fan curve for my EVGA Geforce GTX 760. I wanted to see if it worked so I enabled K Boost and suddenly my screen turned black and stayed like that for a while. I assumed it crashed or something so I turned my computer off and then back on and the screen stayed black so I decided it was the software's fault. I quickly took my card out, ran with the integrated graphics from my CPU, and uninstalled Precision XOC to hopefully fix all my issues. After I put my card back in the problems got worse as my screen was all glitchy and showed blue lines close to the bottom. Is there any way I can just reset my graphics card to factory defaults or is the card just broken now?
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Precision XOC K Boost Enabled: Now GTX 760 Doesn't Work 2017/06/13 15:02:49 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby (hostname_Jay) 2017/06/13 15:26:53
Sounds like the card is done. Here is what I suggest...

#1 Perform #2 listed here to see if it helps fix the problem. If you still have issues after performing a clean install of the drivers...
#2 Try using different outputs on the card to see if you encounter the same issue. If you continue to have problems...
#3 I'd suggest doing an rma if your card still has any warranty remaining, you can check the status of your warranty be entering your details here.
#4 If out of warranty you could try baking the video card in the oven to see if it helps fix the issue. Watch this video to learn how to bake your video card properly.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/06/13 15:05:09
(hostname_Jay)
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Precision XOC K Boost Enabled: Now GTX 760 Doesn't Work 2017/06/13 15:29:52 (permalink)
Sajin
Sounds like the card is done. Here is what I suggest...

#1 Perform #2 listed  to see if it helps fix the problem. If you still have issues after performing a clean install of the drivers...
#2 Try using different outputs on the card to see if you encounter the same issue. If you continue to have problems...
#3 I'd suggest doing an rma if your card still has any warranty remaining, you can check the status of your warranty be entering your details .
#4 If out of warranty you could try baking the video card in the oven to see if it helps fix the issue. Watch  video to learn how to bake your video card properly.

Thanks for the help. I already tried switching the input before from hdmi to display port to see if it worked and that just made it worse by showing a black screen and obnoxious beeping from the motherboard. I assumed that meant it was the same with all imputs but after seeing your steps I tried once more with display port and now it works fine. I have no idea why it works but I'd rather not think about it.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Precision XOC K Boost Enabled: Now GTX 760 Doesn't Work 2017/06/13 15:32:15 (permalink)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile