EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE!

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 28 of 84
Author
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/26 21:09:59 (permalink)
tt0ne
Just gave Evga more of my money today and purchased a KingPin. Didn't really need one and I'm pretty vendor agnostic but easily convinced myself that it supports KP and Tin which ultimately supports the OC community.

My Kingpin Tech9 GPU pot arrived a few days ago so should be fun to get this thing on ice and LN2. Really wish I could find an EVbot somewhere but good luck. Fortunately, it looks like Tin provided many ways to access the card (i2c/serial console) so should be fine.

RE: Waterblock - didn't I read somewhere on this thread that the aftermarket hydro copper block that was released for the FTW3 for those who wanted to convert from air to H20 would in fact fit onto the new KP Edition card?! I swear I saw that...

And for those talking about cases I just bought one of these for daily driver the other day. For the price it should've done my taxes and fed me peeled grapes and underwhelmingly "meh" like every case out there currently seems to be.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854056

Looks like it went down in price. No one is doing anything innovative with cases - not as far as I can tell. The ones who want to don't seem to get the support they need from the market - I mean look at this mind blowing idea that was basically ready for some company to fund it and just disappeared before it got started: http://www.exo-cool.com

There is a youtube video of the completed concept here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksk6dDwSmY4&t=118s

Maybe some eVGA product development person can figure out how to make a profit with something like that. Definitely is innovative. Vertically hanging GPUs or anodized aluminum made with Martian space dust or epileptic seizure inducing RGB or Window Side Panels that open up like on a Lambo - stuff like that - really is ridiculously boring.

Anyways, if anyone knows about the Hydro Copper block for the FTW3 being compatible with the Kingpin I'm all ears.

Phanteks ENTHOO ELITE PH-ES916E_AG Anthracite Grey Anodized Aluminum Panels, Powder Coated Steel Chassis, Tempered Glass Side Panel ATX Super Tower Computer Case, But at  $899.99 + $20.99 Shipping

No you Cannot use the RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 400-HC-1489-B1 Hydro Copper Water Block on the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N Graphics Card.
Estimated Release Date Mid May for the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N Hydro Copper Water Block.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/26 21:22:20

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

tt0ne
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 138
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 02:44:48 (permalink)
I guess once mine gets here I'll find out just exactly why and whether I can modify it in some way to make it work. Actually, just reviewing the docs that Tin wrote and released recently he says: "Mount hole locations on RTX 2080 Ti are slightly different than previous generation 1080 Ti and earlier NV cards. Keep that in mind when using legacy coolers. Kingpin 2080 Ti however follows same dimensions and GPU location as reference card."

Since they designed it with a cold plate for memory cooling and the whole cooler is modular it should be quite simple to simply use a good cpu waterblock on and keep the cold plate for mem and even the VRM and it looks like even one of the fans. They did put a lot of thought into the design. Brilliant. See below:

---

Crimsonghost99
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 08:17:57 (permalink)
tt0ne
I guess once mine gets here I'll find out just exactly why and whether I can modify it in some way to make it work. Actually, just reviewing the docs that Tin wrote and released recently he says: "Mount hole locations on RTX 2080 Ti are slightly different than previous generation 1080 Ti and earlier NV cards. Keep that in mind when using legacy coolers. Kingpin 2080 Ti however follows same dimensions and GPU location as reference card."

Since they designed it with a cold plate for memory cooling and the whole cooler is modular it should be quite simple to simply use a good cpu waterblock on and keep the cold plate for mem and even the VRM and it looks like even one of the fans. They did put a lot of thought into the design. Brilliant. See below:

That’s an interesting theory. Anyone want to try running a CPU block on their $1900 card and let me know how it goes? 🤪 Seriously though, as anxious as I am to get my card on water I’m not quite that desperate.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 08:24:03 (permalink)
tt0ne

Create a Thread about this and we will all follow your progress.
Please also post images of each step for others to maybe follow.

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 08:36:33 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
tt0ne

From what testing I've been doing I'm not sure you're going to get enough of a gain to make that much of a difference. The cooler that's on it seems to keep it plenty cool. I think there's more to gain with the hydro copper when released in the memory cooling of it.

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 08:59:46 (permalink)
I'm game if it would work haha. Got a few old swiftech mcw60 universal blocks and a ek supremacy block just sitting there. Guessing it would be easier to mod the mount on the swiftech if needed.

Be tempting but at the same time I'm going to be moving to a new case so my luck the copper be out before I'm done.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
tt0ne
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 09:06:54 (permalink)
Crimsonghost99
That’s an interesting theory. Anyone want to try running a CPU block on their $1900 card and let me know how it goes? 🤪 Seriously though, as anxious as I am to get my card on water I’m not quite that desperate.

... and yet you paid an obscene amount of additional cash to get 3 to 5% more performance from a Kingpin rather than one of the cheaper Evga models?!??

bcavnaugh

No need to roll your eyes. I may not post as prolifically as you do but generally if I have something to share verbosity isn't an issue.

dwexpress
From what testing I've been doing I'm not sure you're going to get enough of a gain to make that much of a difference. The cooler that's on it seems to keep it plenty cool. I think there's more to gain with the hydro copper when released in the memory cooling of it.

Trust me, once we remove the power limit (third party BIOS or one from Kingpin), do a volt mod (either through some software mechanism already available on the card or the old school "break out the soldering iron" method) and start cranking up the benchmarks and/or games the difference a water chiller makes compared to the AIO attached to the card is mind blowing.

---

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 09:15:13 (permalink)
dwexpress
bcavnaugh
tt0ne

I am looking harder and harder at this bad boy to use with the Hydro Copper Water Block.
I would still like to increase my Benchmarks Scores.
$1,499.99
DC Power Supply for 24V Systems $89.99
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/27 09:21:44

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 09:16:22 (permalink)
tt0ne
Crimsonghost99

... and yet you paid an obscene amount of additional cash to get 3 to 5% more performance from a Kingpin rather than one of the cheaper Evga models?!??

bcavnaugh

No need to roll your eyes. I may not post as prolifically as you do but generally if I have something to share verbosity isn't an issue.

dwexpress

Trust me, once we remove the power limit (third party BIOS or one from Kingpin), do a volt mod (either through some software mechanism already available on the card or the old school "break out the soldering iron" method) and start cranking up the benchmarks and/or games the difference a water chiller makes compared to the AIO attached to the card is mind blowing.

520 watts still not enough for ya !!! When I made my initial response you hadn't said you wanted to use your video card as a back up generator for your house. LOL

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 09:27:23 (permalink)
tt0ne

I am not, I think it would be a good idea. you are not the First to do something like this here on the Forum.
Is this not the Techie or Geek guy? Link
is this not the  roll your eyes guy? None have Eyewear Link
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/27 10:24:41

Crimsonghost99
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 09:34:48 (permalink)
tt0ne
Crimsonghost99

Yes, I did. Being a hardworking and fiscally responsible person in the 29 years I have been gainfully employed, and now self employed, have afforded me the ability to buy nice toys. I have a feeling your definition of an “obscene amount of additional cash” might be different than mine. And I’m sure there are folks here that find my version to be what they consider pocket change. Besides, I’m reasonably sure that doing something like you mentioned is exactly how we got to the point of having the hybrid cards we have now. No need to get snarky.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/04/27 10:19:00
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 10:19:48 (permalink)
CrimsonGhost99.. did a quick edit to your post just to add the quote closer bracket in so that the post you quoted didn’t run on. Just wanted to let you know :-)
Crimsonghost99
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 11:26:59 (permalink)
Thanks the_Scarlet_one. I couldn’t figure out how to fix that from my iPad while sitting here at the office. :)
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 11:41:22 (permalink)
Sometimes can be hard to clean up a posts with multi quotes in it.

tt0ne
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 11:59:17 (permalink)
dwexpress
520 watts still not enough for ya !!! When I made my initial response you hadn't said you wanted to use your video card as a back up generator for your house. LOL

Why do you think there are three PSU connectors on the Kingpin? Third one is for house appliances. ;-)

---

tt0ne
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 12:02:00 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
is this not the  roll your eyes guy? None have Eyewear Link

Sorry I misunderstood. I assumed you meant "please document whatever it is you end up doing but I doubt you will <eye roll>" so apologies.

---

tt0ne
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 12:13:42 (permalink)
Crimsonghost99
Yes, I did. Being a hardworking and fiscally responsible person in the 29 years I have been gainfully employed, and now self employed, have afforded me the ability to buy nice toys. I have a feeling your definition of an “obscene amount of additional cash” might be different than mine. And I’m sure there are folks here that find my version to be what they consider pocket change. Besides, I’m reasonably sure that doing something like you mentioned is exactly how we got to the point of having the hybrid cards we have now. No need to get snarky.

I wasn't being snarky - not intentionally anyways... I don't think our idea about obscene is far off. I bought a $900 case a few weeks ago (check a few posts back) that didn't really meet my expectations but kept it anyway - but don't want to go off topic.

---

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 12:18:14 (permalink)
tt0ne

I wasn't being snarky - not intentionally anyways... I don't think our idea about obscene is far off. I bought a $900 case a few weeks ago (check a few posts back) that didn't really meet my expectations but kept it anyway - but don't want to go off topic.

Nice case.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 12:19:35 (permalink)
tt0ne
dwexpress

Why do you think there are three PSU connectors on the Kingpin? Third one is for house appliances. ;-)

Oh yeah, touche my friend touche !!!!

sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 12:21:50 (permalink)
I see the kingpins came back in stock yesterday and are still available, i figured they would sell out again very quick so either they made quite a few this batch or the interest in them dropped for some reason. Surprising anyway. Still wondering how many they will produce in total for this model.

Crimsonghost99
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 13:50:41 (permalink)
tt0ne
Crimsonghost99

It’s all good. Hard to pick up on the subtleties in forums. Slight deviation from topic but case did you wind up with? My current build is in a Phanteks Enthoo Elite and it’s just too damn big for my space. The one I am working on is in a Fractal Define R6 but making things fit the way I want has involved quite a bit of work with my trusty Dremel.
Zeddivile
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 761
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:02:10 (permalink)
Luls @ how hard it is for this thread to stay on topic.

First night of benching with the Dark KPE:

HOF#30 - FSX http://www.3dmark.com/fs/19177599

Doesn't look like Ill break 2190 untel the Hydrocopper is released so I focused on VRAM +1600

@bcavnaugh
I use the chiller in the picture below
I can share some info off thread.

post edited by Zeddivile - 2019/04/27 14:07:37

Attached Image(s)

"This stuff breaks my tiny often dehydrated and carb deprived hamster brain" -2019

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:10:49 (permalink)
Thanks, I am finding the higher MHz does not always give higher Benchmark Sores and have Higher Scores running 2175MHz.
Getting warm so taking a break.

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:12:56 (permalink)
dwexpress
I see the kingpins came back in stock yesterday and are still available, i figured they would sell out again very quick so either they made quite a few this batch or the interest in them dropped for some reason. Surprising anyway. Still wondering how many they will produce in total for this model.

Its alot of money probably..

Then again not alot of info out there proving to the common guy that it's worth it.. yer.. I'm betting.

Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:13:53 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Thanks, I am finding the higher MHz does not always give higher Benchmark Sores and have Higher Scores running 2175MHz.

Is that from hitting the power limit? Clocks fluctuate at all?

Zeddivile
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 761
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:17:30 (permalink)
Did a lot of logging. KPE responds to very small changes. Have to watch voltage and make sure GPU clock locks in without jumping around everywhere. also KPE likes to build momentum not just jump to last known stable OC but im sure everyone already knows that.

"This stuff breaks my tiny often dehydrated and carb deprived hamster brain" -2019

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:17:49 (permalink)
AHowes
bcavnaugh

Is that from hitting the power limit? Clocks fluctuate at all?

Not sure.
https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19156971/fs/19167017/fs/19166899/fs/19166482/fs/19165913/fs/19165741/fs/19164840/fs/19164746/fs/19164408/fs/19163839/fs/19159412/fs/19159289

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/27 14:42:58

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 14:18:41 (permalink)
Zeddivile
Did a lot of logging. KPE responds to very small changes. Have to watch voltage and make sure GPU clock locks in without jumping around everywhere. also KPE likes to build momentum not just jump to last known stable OC but im sure everyone already knows that.

Good to know

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49181
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 17:30:30 (permalink)
dwexpress

Not surprised. The price is very high.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is HERE! 2019/04/27 18:15:40 (permalink)
Snow occurring on Apr 29.  Total amount 1.6 Inches. So back to some Benchmarking

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 28 of 84
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile