Helpful ReplyEVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS

Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 56 of 240
Author
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:25:15 (permalink)
Kylearan
Notchy44

I 100% already showed all of that data like 10x please look at my video or 10 of my pics showing all of that data even from last nights post.

I'm sorry for being rude, but your screenshot was postage size stamped.  Impossible to read anything. 

https://i.ibb.co/mv85YgL/Card-power-and-info.png

That's your screenshot.  See? It's unreadable.  That link is actually a 640x480 resolution link.  Someone on a 4k monitor is going to have a field day with that.

Please use "IMGUR" next time, upload them there then post a "direct link" to the full sized screenshot.
These problems always happenn when people use weird websites for images.

Also your video didn't have 8 pin#3 showing.  That is a 3 pin card right?  But we can just subtract the board power draw from the known values.
Your PCIE does indeed have an 85W limit rather than 75W the affected cards have.
Your power values then are 138W+156W+131W + 78.5W.

= 503W.  This is what we needed.

This was uploaded with imgur but just look at the video so you can see it working in real time. 0 shunt mods, PCI express pulling 75-80 watts MAX, PCI 8 pins avg 140-150
youtube.com/watch?v=0M8A9YPXHLM&ab_channel=MrNotchy444
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:27:27 (permalink)
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

I 100% already showed all of that data like 10x please look at my video or 10 of my pics showing all of that data even from last nights post.

I'm sorry for being rude, but your screenshot was postage size stamped.  Impossible to read anything. 

That's your screenshot.  See? It's unreadable.  That link is actually a 640x480 resolution link.  Someone on a 4k monitor is going to have a field day with that.

Please use "IMGUR" next time, upload them there then post a "direct link" to the full sized screenshot.

Also your video didn't have 8 pin#3 showing.  That is a 3 pin card right?  But we can just subtract the board power draw from the known values.
Your PCIE does indeed have an 85W limit rather than 75W the affected cards have.

This was uploaded with imgur but just look at the video so you can see it working in real time. 0 shunt mods, PCI express pulling 75-80 watts MAX, PCI 8 pins avg 140-150

yea with this video u can see that PCIE shunting was total crap...thats why I told u to wait and dont do it. Well to be honest your "chip power" is same as mine but for whatever reason your PWR_SRC is way higher than mine, im running like 90w

EXTREME OVERCLOCKER FROM SLOVAKIA
my FTW3 related dc: discord.gg/kRSfJbvs9k
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:29:51 (permalink)
willm1224
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44

video of my card working

how long did you have that test running for before that? just curious i dont' like leaving furmark running long. but i never got those values...464 max

Iv let it run for 30 min but that test was short, Doesnt matter how long I let it run for the avg is always the same 499. This test does stress the cooling but never goes above 75c with maxed out fans. Port Royal avg is 62c maxed fans 495w+ avg

tested it for another minute or two. max peaks of 471 W, with it immediately jumping back down to 440-450. rinse repeeat.

What is your power supply setup? how old is it? Also are you using 3 full pci-E 8 pins? Just hard to believe after 2 cards that I have personally installed in 2 completely different builds worked perfectly fine. 

Man allooott of people are having problems not just me, it's a 1000w supernova evga power supply from last march, yeah it's 3 separate 8 pins. 

No I get it, just crazy that some can work and some dont. How old is your card? Mine is 2 weeks old directly from EVGA. I know we have checked the revisions already and they match but maybe they stealth changed something?

All it takes is one component somewhere soldered or some resistor and then the card will run at 85W PCIE rather than 75W.
In your screenshot, you didn't show us the important info.  What was the max wattages on the 8 pins and pcie slot?  Showing us total board power doesn't help.  Because total board power *is* the 8 pins+PCIE slot added.  See?

What’s your PCB revision? Going to go look at mine now this should tell us if there were any board changes from mine to yours

My rev is 0.1
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:33:59 (permalink)
slovak_killer
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

yea with this video u can see that PCIE shunting was total crap...thats why I told u to wait and dont do it. Well to be honest your "chip power" is same as mine but for whatever reason your PWR_SRC is way higher than mine, im running like 90w

What are u talking about... this is how my card came from the factory. I installed another ftw3 last night with the exact same results as well. Im so confused why you said this: "yea with this video u can see that PCIE shunting was total crap...thats why I told u to wait and dont do it." Once again, my card is STOCK and has not been shunt modded. Im not framechasers lol
willm1224
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:34:07 (permalink)
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44
willm1224
Notchy44

video of my card working

how long did you have that test running for before that? just curious i dont' like leaving furmark running long. but i never got those values...464 max

Iv let it run for 30 min but that test was short, Doesnt matter how long I let it run for the avg is always the same 499. This test does stress the cooling but never goes above 75c with maxed out fans. Port Royal avg is 62c maxed fans 495w+ avg

tested it for another minute or two. max peaks of 471 W, with it immediately jumping back down to 440-450. rinse repeeat.

What is your power supply setup? how old is it? Also are you using 3 full pci-E 8 pins? Just hard to believe after 2 cards that I have personally installed in 2 completely different builds worked perfectly fine. 

Man allooott of people are having problems not just me, it's a 1000w supernova evga power supply from last march, yeah it's 3 separate 8 pins. 

No I get it, just crazy that some can work and some dont. How old is your card? Mine is 2 weeks old directly from EVGA. I know we have checked the revisions already and they match but maybe they stealth changed something?

All it takes is one component somewhere soldered or some resistor and then the card will run at 85W PCIE rather than 75W.
In your screenshot, you didn't show us the important info.  What was the max wattages on the 8 pins and pcie slot?  Showing us total board power doesn't help.  Because total board power *is* the 8 pins+PCIE slot added.  See?

What’s your PCB revision? Going to go look at mine now this should tell us if there were any board changes from mine to yours

My rev is 0.1

I’m .1 from Taiwan
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:37:24 (permalink)
Notchy44
slovak_killer
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

What are u talking about... this is how my card came from the factory. I installed another ftw3 last night with the exact same results as well. Im so confused why you said this: "yea with this video u can see that PCIE shunting was total crap...thats why I told u to wait and dont do it." Once again, my card is STOCK and has not been shunt modded. Im not framechasers lol

Please read my statement again.. Im saying u can pull 500W with reasonable PCIE (u showed around 70-80w, completely stock values) and dont need any pcie shunt modding.. Im using your video as proof for those who believe pcie shunt modding is neccesary.

willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:38:46 (permalink)
slovak_killer
Notchy44
slovak_killer
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Please read my statement again.. Im saying u can pull 500W with reasonable PCIE (u showed around 70-80w, completely stock values) and dont need any pcie shunt modding.. Im using your video as proof for those who believe pcie shunt modding is neccesary.

That’s how I took it as well, you were a bit vague about which video you were referring to (frame chasers or notchy’s)
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:40:24 (permalink)
willm1224
slovak_killer
Notchy44
slovak_killer
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

That’s how I took it as well, you were a bit vague about which video you were referring to (frame chasers or notchy’s)

"yea with this video u can see..." i was quoting his post with his yt video link, I dunno how can I make it more understandable :D 

Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:42:09 (permalink)
slovak_killer
Notchy44
slovak_killer
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Ahhh ok got it. Yeah 0 reason to shunt mod until EVGA sends a updated bios or responds. Last night one my posts was flagged by admin and was approved so they are reading and looking into this.
digitalmonk
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:42:53 (permalink)
rgarodnick
Is it possible to revert firmware that x1 installed? I got more performance before it

Interested in this as well.
Also any consensus on the card version china/Taiwan regarding the 500w? Is one working and the other isn't?
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:43:53 (permalink)
digitalmonk
rgarodnick
Is it possible to revert firmware that x1 installed? I got more performance before it

Also any consensus on the card version china/Taiwan regarding the 500w? Is one working and the other isn't?

How can you tell if its from china or taiwan. I can look at both cards that are working with the 500W bios
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:47:43 (permalink)
Notchy44
digitalmonk
rgarodnick

How can you tell if its from china or taiwan. I can look at both cards that are working with the 500W bios

Check the box from gpu, its on the top side where is also UPC,EAN, S/N etc. There is written : made in Taiwan/China. I have card from Taiwan.

willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:47:50 (permalink)
Notchy44
slovak_killer
Notchy44
slovak_killer
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Ahhh ok got it. Yeah 0 reason to shunt mod until EVGA sends a updated bios or responds. Last night one my posts was flagged by admin and was approved so they are reading and looking into this.

It was flagged probably bc you're like one of the few people on here who can do it at the 500 w spec lol (i agree there are more working in the wild that feel no need to post so confirmation bias, everyone here is trying to get it to work). 
willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:50:08 (permalink)
Notchy44
digitalmonk
rgarodnick

Also look for revision numbers of both cards i know you said one was .1 (located on PCIE fingers on fan side) I had to unseat my GPU to read it, reseating it did nothing for power so that wasn't the issue.
willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:54:48 (permalink)
Notchy what motherboard are you using to get these numbers? I assume both cards were tested on the same motherboard? or are both cards now working to spec on different systems?
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 11:59:24 (permalink)
willm1224
Notchy what motherboard are you using to get these numbers? I assume both cards were tested on the same motherboard? or are both cards now working to spec on different systems?

looks like X570 strix

willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:03:58 (permalink)
slovak_killer
willm1224

looks like X570 strix

I'm on a gigabyte z390 aorus master which from a quick glance is an inferior board, maybe this has something to do with it? I don't have access to another solid test system or I'd jam this thing in there and find out.
Kylearan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:04:39 (permalink)
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Yeah I saw the video.
I think the problem is, some people's cards are being limited to 75W PCIE (440W max draw) while some are being able to hit 85W PCIE (503W).
And currently, no one seems to know why.  
Jarmel
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:04:55 (permalink)
So was there a PCB revision resulting in the better performance?
willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:08:23 (permalink)
Kylearan
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Yeah I saw the video.
I think the problem is, some people's cards are being limited to 75W PCIE (440W max draw) while some are being able to hit 85W PCIE (503W).

I get in between those numbers highest I've ever seen is like 82 with peaks of 471 tdp (sharp peaks that drop off quickly) avg 77 w or so for PCIE slot power. When I spoke to an evga rep about this (the guy who administrates this forum picked up the phone), he seemed extremely concerned that I was pulling more than 75w out of the PCIE slot and asked me if I had a molex 6 pin PCIE supplemental power connector on my mobo, which I do not. 
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:11:54 (permalink)
willm1224
Kylearan
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Yeah I saw the video.

I get in between those numbers highest I've ever seen is like 82 with peaks of 471 tdp (sharp peaks that drop off quickly) avg 77 w or so for PCIE slot power. When I spoke to an evga rep about this (the guy who administrates this forum picked up the phone), he seemed extremely concerned that I was pulling more than 75w out of the PCIE slot and asked me if I had a molex 6 pin PCIE supplemental power connector on my mobo, which I do not. 

Its not ideal but within 85W nothing bad should happen, lets not forget about AMDs RX480 which were pulling 120W from pcie, factory settings :P

willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:12:21 (permalink)
Jarmel

No, I have the revised board .1 (no one has mentioned a higher revision) from Taiwan and it doesn’t hit 500w
slovak_killer
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:14:21 (permalink)
willm1224
Jarmel

No, I have the revised board .1 (no one has mentioned a higher revision) from Taiwan and it doesn’t hit 500w

Mine is also from taiwan, wondering which country are Notchys ftws

willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:14:45 (permalink)
slovak_killer
willm1224
Kylearan
Notchy44
Kylearan
Notchy44

Yeah I saw the video.

Its not ideal but within 85W nothing bad should happen, lets not forget about AMDs RX480 which were pulling 120W from pcie, factory settings :P

I agree it’s more that he acted as if the card should never have to do that, which it shouldn’t bc there’s 25 watts of space left in the spec
willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:16:57 (permalink)
slovak_killer
willm1224
Jarmel

he asked where to look, he’ll report back I’m sure he’s been very on point w/ responses last night and today.
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:26:49 (permalink)
willm1224
slovak_killer
willm1224
Jarmel

he asked where to look, he’ll report back I’m sure he’s been very on point w/ responses last night and today.

Welp I think we are on to something. Both cards are from CHINA not Taiwan. My system is a AMD x570 Strix 3900X and my friends system I build for him last night is a MSI Godlike 10900k. Both are using 1200W power supplies and both cards are from china with Rev 0.1
willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:33:30 (permalink)
Notchy44
willm1224
slovak_killer
willm1224
Jarmel

Welp I think we are on to something. Both cards are from CHINA not Taiwan. My system is a AMD x570 Strix 3900X and my friends system I build for him last night is a MSI Godlike 10900k. Both are using 1200W power supplies and both cards are from china with Rev 0.1

We have a preliminary answer. cards made in china work. mine from taiwain does not and multiple other reports verify this. it's a small sample size but all signs point to faulty manufacturing. doubtful they will allow RMA over this, as "overclocking and results" aren't guaranteed. sad day. 
willm1224
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:35:38 (permalink)
I'm on a 9900k 4.9 Ghz all core w/a z390 aorus master mobo 1000w evga g5 supernova psu, we're on the same BIOS the only real difference is my card is revision .1 from Taiwain and your card is revision .1 from China. we have multiple from Taiwain unable to do it, and you currently have 2 from China that are able to. this needs to get to someone at EVGA like yesterday. edit: formatting
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:35:50 (permalink)
willm1224
Notchy44
willm1224
slovak_killer
willm1224
Jarmel

We have a preliminary answer. cards made in china work. mine from taiwain does not and multiple other reports verify this. it's a small sample size but all signs point to faulty manufacturing. doubtful they will allow RMA over this, as "overclocking and results" aren't guaranteed. sad day. 

yeah would really like to know. Can you guys check where your boards are made please.
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2020/11/21 12:36:58 (permalink)
Mine is from Taiwan and rev .1 and it's staying around 460 watts tops

Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 56 of 240
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile