EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 19
Author
kurosaki.yusuke
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 06:57:32 (permalink)
And Brazil? When will be added?

And the prices?
howdy2u2
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1896
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 07:20:27 (permalink)
hockeythug34
Haha. And the water blocks won't even fit the new one. Classic.

It's EVGA's responsibility to make sure an AFTERMARKET cooling solution fits their product???????????
In my world it's the other way around- The AFTERMARKET supplier makes THEIR product fit another companies design.

But obviously you can't seem to comprehend this..................................

howdy2u2
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 07:28:37 (permalink)
bitxan

Why does this error occur when updating to ICX 1080 classified?

Umm maybe because there is no upgrade available yet?  It is the 1st listed in the upgrade path you skipped over to get to the register now button.

Attached Image(s)

Methodical M
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 07:52:35 (permalink)
Guys just to be clear here : So, for example, my GTX1080 FTW with new vBIOS and without custom thermal pads is running fine at the moment but as I understand, all "thermals" problem with their ACX cards is that it's practically impossible to detect any problems prior to burnout? We, the users of ACX cards are practically installed "timed bomb" in our cases, whose components are degraded and whose lifespan is drastically shortened ? I mean, don't get me wrong here but how am I supposed to know if my GTX1080 FTW card has any problems? So, I just need to keep using my GPU and one day, maybe tomorrow, maybe after a month or maybe never my GPU would be completely dead? Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult someone, just want to know my options besides the obvious ones :)
DSP1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 216
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 08:09:41 (permalink)
Methodical M
Guys just to be clear here : So, for example, my GTX1080 FTW with new vBIOS and without custom thermal pads is running fine at the moment but as I understand, all "thermals" problem with their ACX cards is that it's practically impossible to detect any problems prior to burnout? We, the users of ACX cards are practically installed "timed bomb" in our cases, whose components are degraded and whose lifespan is drastically shortened ? I mean, don't get me wrong here but how am I supposed to know if my GTX1080 FTW card has any problems? So, I just need to keep using my GPU and one day, maybe tomorrow, maybe after a month or maybe never my GPU would be completely dead? Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult someone, just want to know my options besides the obvious ones :)

The first thing that is wrong is that you don't understand what happened regarding the card failures and the thermal fix offered by EVGA. After all that has been published out there regarding this and you still seem to think there is something unsafe about your card and that it is going to blow up. The chances are better you are going to get hit by lightning.
Card failures are not related to the thermal issue. At all. Period.
Get the upgrade and you will have a cooler running card. Or don't. Buy some new thermal pads and install them in the specified areas and sleep sucure that your card is as safe as any other card and will still run relatively cool. Or do nothing, the vBios update helps with the thermal problem on its own.

LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 08:40:03 (permalink)
The burnt cards are due to failed capacitors. I believe EVGA got a bad batch of capacitors, but has changed either the supplier or the caps parts since then. When did you get your card? Right when it was released?

As for the iCX upgrade, someone correct me if I am wrong, EVGA is using new parts. However, that is not to say the new parts will not blow up. Chances are minimal, but no one can guarantee you that. But that is true with any manufacturer. The best bet is with the warranty. Personally I have no doubt after that fiasco, EVGA has learned its lesson and the new parts will be far superior. Gamers Nexus noted the new mofsets are actually rater higher/overkill for its purpose.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 09:38:12 (permalink)
LFaWolf
The burnt cards are due to failed capacitors. I believe EVGA got a bad batch of capacitors, but has changed either the supplier or the caps parts since then. When did you get your card? Right when it was released?

As for the iCX upgrade, someone correct me if I am wrong, EVGA is using new parts. However, that is not to say the new parts will not blow up. Chances are minimal, but no one can guarantee you that. But that is true with any manufacturer. The best bet is with the warranty. Personally I have no doubt after that fiasco, EVGA has learned its lesson and the new parts will be far superior. Gamers Nexus noted the new mofsets are actually rater higher/overkill for its purpose.

Definitely all brand new parts. Only evga could answer the question about a change in capacitor companies though.
Methodical M
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 10:43:13 (permalink)

DSP1After all that has been published out there regarding this and you still seem to think there is something unsafe about your card and that it is going to blow up.

You're absolutely right but I don't have so much spare time to check all these forums all day. What would you tell someone with their cards who're not even registered on these forums?

DSP1Card failures are not related to the thermal issue. At all. Period.
Or do nothing, the vBios update helps with the thermal problem on its own.

So what is it then? Thermal problem or not thermal problem? :) And after all this you're telling me that I'm uninformed? I'm not the only one who wants to know the answer to all those questions that I've posted in my post above.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 11:04:54 (permalink)
Methodical M

DSP1After all that has been published out there regarding this and you still seem to think there is something unsafe about your card and that it is going to blow up.

You're absolutely right but I don't have so much spare time to check all these forums all day. What would you tell someone with their cards who're not even registered on these forums?

So what is it then? Thermal problem or not thermal problem? :) And after all this you're telling me that I'm uninformed? I'm not the only one who wants to know the answer to all those questions that I've posted in my post above.

Capacitors are the items that fail and cause the flash. This happens on every series of cards, across all manufacturers to include amd. The failure is not common, but people blew it way out of proportion when one company ran the 1000 series cards in an unrealistic stress test.

For folks that arent members of a forum, I say google. Type 1080 acx issues in google, and instantly you will have answers, and hundreds of them from reddit, from review sites, and all. The hard part of that, is finding the ones that are informed and true, as 99% of feview sites copy and paste partial information because they want the ad revenue as well. The hard part is finding the two, maybe 3 websites, that have done testing and can post true information.

Remember, google will forever be your friend when you dont have time to browse a forum.
Relentlessly
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 12:47:37 (permalink)
Can anyone please tell me if your in europe where do you have to send the cards for RMA icx upgrade etc. Im in the uk.

Windows 10 64bit anni edition 1607 
Asus Sabertooth Z170s TuF 
i7 6700k 4.4 GHz 1.270 LLC 4
32 GB DDR4 Corsiar lpx white 3000MHz 
EVGA FTW2 GTX 1080 
Samsung 850 Evo 512GB 
Segate 1TB Hybrid HDD 
Corsiar HXi 850 
AOC 24inch 1920x1080 x3 
NZXT HUE+ 
Phanteks Enthoo Primo white 
CH products Fighter Stick/Throttle/Peddles 
Razer deatheradder chroma 
Corsair K50 keyboard
hockeythug34
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 14:32:48 (permalink)
howdy2u2
hockeythug34

It's EVGA's responsibility to make sure an AFTERMARKET cooling solution fits their product???????????
In my world it's the other way around- The AFTERMARKET supplier makes THEIR product fit another companies design.

But obviously you can't seem to comprehend this..................................

Does EVGA pay you to shill so hard for them?
DSP1
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 14:45:33 (permalink)
Methodical M

What would I tell them? Do your own research.
You are far too busy? Are you sure it isn't because you are too lazy? Or maybe because you expect someone to spoon feed you? Perhaps you lack the skill set to to operate a computer let alone own one with a high end component?

kouji1022
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 15:09:24 (permalink)
When will Asia Japan be added?

post edited by kouji1022 - 2017/02/12 15:12:57

Attached Image(s)

Methodical M
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 15:38:25 (permalink)
DSP1
Methodical M

You are far too busy? Are you sure it isn't because you are too lazy? Or maybe because you expect someone to spoon feed you? Perhaps you lack the skill set to to operate a computer let alone own one with a high end component?

No need for nonsense posts here. We can all agree that your post is redundant. Stay healthy.
DSP1
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 15:42:07 (permalink)
Methodical M
DSP1
Methodical M

No need for nonsense posts here. We can all agree that your post is redundant. Stay healthy.

You mean like the one that contained the remark that there is a "time bomb" in your case?
I agree. Utter nonsense and no place for it here.

AzN-SoLjA
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7982
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 16:58:13 (permalink)
Pretty nice upgrade and even better to being able to use the EVGA bucks. Thanks EVGA
Had no issues with the 1070FTW without the thermal pads, but I do have them now. Nice cool card at 18c idle n caps out at 60c.

Thanks EVGA

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk
| i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27" |
| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 | Associate Code: 08HWLPJXE0O5MPM

howdy2u2
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 18:14:52 (permalink)
hockeythug34
howdy2u2
hockeythug34

Does EVGA pay you to shill so hard for them?

Again comprehension eludes you ole wise one. Name me a company that makes sure their product fit an aftermarket item before they make it.....Better yet show me an aftermarket part released before the manufacturer releases a NEW product..................should be seeing Volta WB blocks soon for all the GPU makers then HUH...................... since they checked their engineering plans (by your infinite wisdom) to make sure the aftermarket WB makers blocks fit their new design..... and again (by your infinite wisdom) redesign their plans if they won't fit. You are a genius!!!! 

AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 19:03:53 (permalink)
Thank you EVGA for offering an upgrade to the iCX version even though you are not obligated in any way to do it. A testament to your commitment to your customers as no other company would have done it.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 21:34:54 (permalink)
AngryAce
Thank you EVGA for offering an upgrade to the iCX version even though you are not obligated in any way to do it. A testament to your commitment to your customers as no other company would have done it.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
RKarov
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 22:24:48 (permalink)
If in the future my GTX 1080 FTW ACX fails will I receive this new ICX version when I RMA it?  I would rather not spend an extra $125 Canadian since I have already have $1000 to buy the card in the first place.  Perhaps it would be worth the money for resale value?
post edited by RKarov - 2017/02/12 22:31:45
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/12 22:33:38 (permalink)
RKarov
If in the future my GTX 1080 FTW ACX fails will I receive this new ICX version when I RMA it?  I would rather not spend an extra $125 Canadian since I have already have $1000 to buy the card in the first place.  Perhaps it would be worth the money for resale value?

In the future as in how long? 2 years? Did you buy extended warranty? If not, I seriously doubt it, as EVGA will have stock of the ACX plus people that upgrade will send in their cards.

Methodical M
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 00:33:40 (permalink)
DSP1
Methodical M
DSP1
Methodical M

You mean like the one that contained the remark that there is a "time bomb" in your case?
I agree. Utter nonsense and no place for it here.

Of course not. We all know which posts I'm referring to with keywords like "DSP1" / "Nonsense" / "Redundant" / "Tryhard" . Or, if you can reasonably explain, which I highly doubt, how can anybody know if he/she have a card with failed capacitors?
wbonami
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 02:22:45 (permalink)
I took the time to read al the reviews/tests about this new design. In one of them they said that a powerlink adapter was supplied with this new series. Is this so? Doe the cards with iCX come with the adapater?
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 02:23:13 (permalink)

Of course not. We all know which posts I'm referring to with keywords like "DSP1" / "Nonsense" / "Redundant" / "Tryhard" . Or, if you can reasonably explain, which I highly doubt, how can anybody know if he/she have a card with failed capacitors?

Nobody knows and nobody will never know that information, even with a icx model...
akteni
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 05:54:57 (permalink)
Everything is good. More sensor means better thermal management and quiter card. 

This ICX makes me wonder why ACX fans wouldn't be controlled asynchronously? It should be available as firmware update. 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 06:01:16 (permalink)
akteni
Everything is good. More sensor means better thermal management and quiter card. 

This ICX makes me wonder why ACX fans wouldn't be controlled asynchronously? It should be available as firmware update. 

Both acx fans are on a single fan header.

Icx has two separate fan headers.
iJoshGeezy
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 08:11:09 (permalink)
I know! I got the email and I was so excited, then found out Black edition doesn't qualify! It was so sad!
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 09:10:04 (permalink)
AngryAce

The real thing would be to offer an upgrade for the same price for the future dead cards / RMA of SC/FTW's...
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 09:20:40 (permalink)
ilyama
The real thing would be to offer an upgrade for the same price for the future dead cards / RMA of SC/FTW's...

You seem to think all cards are spontaneously combusting and dying like they are on a timer.. they are not.
werty316
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 359
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/13 10:48:30 (permalink)
Fresh new warranty.
Complimentary return shipping.
You get a nice spiffy shirt.
You only pay to ship your card to EVGA (if you use EVGA Bucks to cover the $99 that is)
Whats not there to like?

The only issue for me would be paying duty and taxes.
post edited by werty316 - 2017/02/13 10:59:41

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 19
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile