Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai...

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 16:37:30 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
More fear mongering.  Smh  Again, NN never existing before and barely exists now.

It's not fear mongering. Without net neutrality, ISP's would be able to throttle bandwidth to competitors streaming service or to any streaming service that doesn't give them a cut of the profits. If we pay for 1TB of bandwidth a month, we should be able to use that bandwidth how we choose.

post edited by MSim - 2017/11/22 16:48:22

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 18:15:32 (permalink)
How ISP's could do things with no net neutrality.

Would you like this for cellphone internet service?

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 19:32:04 (permalink)

This video is from 2014, but we are right back there again - this could just as easily have been recorded 10 minutes ago. Hilarious.

note - language has been censored.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 21:44:00 (permalink)
What would we do with out the internet.
Go out side and see real people. Get fresh air.
Play baseball, basketball or football with our friends.
Not gossip on facebook, post stupid politcal memes,  tell the world how happy we are with all the pictures of vacation we post.
Not watch stupid cat videos.
Maybe talk to the people sitting near us at the table instead of looking down at the screen ignoring everyone. Rude.

I bet a dollar we will come back here in a year and not one dang thing will have changed.
People will still be looking at their screens walking in traffic, kids will be getting fatter sitting on their ass playing stupid games all day.
And most people will be complaining about what every one else is doing.
Maybe shutting down the internet would be the best thing to happen for the human race.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 22:03:32 (permalink)
bill1024
Not gossip on facebook, post stupid politcal memes,  tell the world how happy we are with all the pictures of vacation we post.
Maybe talk to the people sitting near us at the table instead of looking down at the screen ignoring everyone. Rude.

I bet a dollar we will come back here in a year and not one dang thing will have changed.
People will still be looking at their screens walking in traffic, kids will be getting fatter sitting on their ass playing stupid games all day.
Maybe shutting down the internet would be the best thing to happen for the human race.

I went to the movies Tuesday to watch Justice League ($3.25), a person 4 seats over kept looking at his phone every 3-5mins.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 22:05:53 (permalink)
bill1024

"High Five" That's exactly what I am saying bill. Don't forget that there will be an increase of more spying as more of our privacy goes away too.

ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/23 22:38:22 (permalink)
Why the Courts Will Have to Save Net Neutralityhttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/22/opinion/courts-net-neutrality-fcc.html

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/24 23:42:13 (permalink)
That's not up to the "courts to save" as we've turned into a banana republic because some are pushing their agendas or w/e that they maybe at any cost.  The court is suppose to interpret the laws. These "groups" of people are willing to go to any crazy extent to push their agendas, that means in unorthodox, unprecedented ways.  Hope we get back to normalcy soon.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 04:29:37 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
That's not up to the "courts to save" as we've turned into a banana republic because some are pushing their agendas or w/e that they maybe at any cost.  The court is suppose to interpret the laws. These "groups" of people are willing to go to any crazy extent to push their agendas, that means in unorthodox, unprecedented ways.  Hope we get back to normalcy soon.

Right, but when the law makers abuse there authority...

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 07:55:17 (permalink)
If the FCC does go through with this. I hope it causes such an uproar, cities around the US push to become an internet service provider. That or it causes states to pass laws making any tax payer funded fiber lines in the state, open to any company wanting to become a internet service provider.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 08:09:35 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer

You're talking about Verizon, AT&T and Comcast, right?

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 08:14:28 (permalink)
MSim
If the FCC does go through with this. I hope it causes such an uproar, cities around the US push to become an internet service provider. That or it causes states to pass laws making any tax payer funded fiber lines in the state, open to any company wanting to become a internet service provider.

I believe it will have a significant impact on the 2018 midterm elections. 

I wonder if states can 'nationalize' the infrastructure, wouldn't that be an awesome payback to these prats.

post edited by Nereus - 2017/11/25 08:15:52

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 08:45:36 (permalink)
Nereus
MSim

I wonder if states can 'nationalize' the infrastructure, wouldn't that be an awesome payback to these prats.

Yeah that always works out well when the government takes over private business. More government is always a good thing.

Venezuela

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 08:49:14 (permalink)
bill1024
Nereus
MSim

Yeah that always works out well when the government takes over private business. More government is always a good thing.

Venezuela

Yeah I agree on that point, but what's happening right now is not any better. I was jokingly suggesting a scorched earth approach lol.

coldair
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 211
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 10:00:58 (permalink)
just like Obamacare made healthcare "fair" net neutrality was meant to do the same. Now the working man has to decide whether to pay is obamacare tax or his home mortgage 
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 10:34:07 (permalink)
ILikeBeans
GTXJackBauer

Right, but when the law makers abuse there authority...

Yup and the irony here is, NN would have given those same folks full authority of the internet.  You betcha they'll come up with a new tax for internet use, purchases, etc.  New regulations would cost ISP's more money, therefore trickling down that cost to their customers.  Now the internet is more expensive and to be "fair" to everyone along with the limitations to the backend, you can only get a one size fits all speed.

Nereus
GTXJackBauer

You're talking about Verizon, AT&T and Comcast, right?

All of the above and than some.

bill1024
Nereus
MSim

Venezuela

Precisely.

coldair
just like Obamacare made healthcare "fair" net neutrality was meant to do the same. Now the working man has to decide whether to pay is obamacare tax or his home mortgage 

Exactly. 

I could see a new slogan if NN is attempted again.  "If you like your internet, you can keep your internet."  
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2017/11/25 13:04:11

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 10:54:52 (permalink)

You can currently pay different prices for different plans for speed, which is fine, BUT what the big 3 ISPs want is to ALSO decide at what speed they will supply content depending on who the supplier of said content is, regardless of the fact you're already paying them for high speed, so it's effectively double dipping.

You want super-high-speed? Sure, here it is, that's 50% additional charge, thanks and enjoy!

You want to watch movies? Sure, here's our selection ..yeah ok, so the newest release is from last century, but there's no buffering!

Oh, you have super-high-speed but you want to watch Netflix without buffering and at the speed YOU'RE ALREADY PAYING FOR, oh sure, just pay another 25%, thanks.

Oh, you want to play games on Steam without constantly losing because we put them in the slow lane until you pay more, even though you already pay more for the super-high-speed plan? Sure! - just pay another 25%, thanks.

and so on and so on...

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 12:52:33 (permalink)

As far as the ridiculous notion that removing net neutrality will discourage monopolies, it couldn't be further from the truth. ISPs already have a monopoly defined by location; the majority of internet users have no choice in who their ISP is, even in some of the most densely populated cities in the US! Removing net neutrality will in no way change that. Online services such as Google, Netflix etc. cannot currently be classed as monopolies because as long as net neutrality remains, we, the users, will always have the option to use alternative services, and there are many. As soon as net neutrality is removed, services such as Google can quickly become monopolies by paying ISPs to choke any competition to their service, and you can bank on big content providers and the big 3 ISPs working together to do exactly that. The only people that suffer will be us, the users. Once any significant competition is eliminated, than all these new monopolies can raise their prices and lower their quality at will, because there will be no alternatives. How anyone can not understand this is beyond me.  None of these services are non-profits, so they will ALWAYS work in their own best interests. ALWAYS.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 13:32:00 (permalink)
Nereus

As far as the ridiculous notion that removing net neutrality will discourage monopolies, it couldn't be further from the truth. ISPs already have a monopoly defined by location; the majority of internet users have no choice in who their ISP is, even in some of the most densely populated cities in the US! Removing net neutrality will in no way change that. Online services such as Google, Netflix etc. cannot currently be classed as monopolies because as long as net neutrality remains, we, the users, will always have the option to use alternative services, and there are many. As soon as net neutrality is removed, services such as Google can quickly become monopolies by paying ISPs to choke any competition to their service, and you can bank on big content providers and the big 3 ISPs working together to do exactly that. The only people that suffer will be us, the users. Once any significant competition is eliminated, than all these new monopolies can raise their prices and lower their quality at will, because there will be no alternatives. How anyone can not understand this is beyond me.  None of these services are non-profits, so they will ALWAYS work in their own best interests. ALWAYS.

You're all over the place with this man.  You're being duped into thinking something existed when it never did nothing has changed since then other than your typical products and services.  

I agree that densely populated areas don't have much options.  I could easily fall in that category.  Comcast is a powerhouse monopoly in my area.  Verizon Fios years back attempted to setup shop in my state but eventually gave up because it was such a hassle to do so.  Very unfortunate.  More areas have access to Comcast than any other service.  The NBC building is in our city.  I think the NBC and Comcast merger was a mistake.  They were two giant corps allowed to merge into one powerhouse.  So much for those in charge of making sure too big too fail monopolies don't happen but noooo, everyone wants to give them the keys to the internet.  Didn't they give up the dot come naming to a "global" agency?  Used to be from a US company iirc.

Anyways, I also feel an ISP has every right to complain and throttle content that is bottlenecking their systems while making the other companies gazillions of dollars.  It's not that your personal line to your home is being bottlenecked and throttled but the backend system is because streaming is happening at a higher rate than ever and it's a ton of data if everyone's doing it nowadays which they are.  A lot of system upgrading needs to be done.  That costs ALOT of $$$.  That even includes my block for 1 Gbps if we ever decide to upgrade down the road.  

Do you understand the existing laws of the land?  I think you don't by many of your statements.  Were you born or old enough to remember when Microsoft was being sued to the moon and back during the 1990s because of strong monopoly laws?  They got so big and kept rising, they kept being sued to keep them in check.

A company that advertises on prioritizing streaming from servers like Netflix and the likes, would be a very wise idea.  Just a thought.  Free market baby.  The market will adapt.  Sure it takes time but it does.  Look how far this nation has gotten with tech, etc. in the last say 100 years.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 14:28:39 (permalink)
Get ride of paid lobbying, and let the FCC do their job.......
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 14:48:15 (permalink)
MSim

Even if local cities choose to spend millions and put in fiber to each household, it doesnt really resolve the problem now does it? To be an effective solution to an ISP causing slowdowns as would be allowed post NN, the city would have to at minimum have a nationwide privately owned network preferably a global one or all citys that wanted to provide equal internet would have to create a MOU and interagency agreement for that. Similar to what Lambda Rail in Florida is doing.

Here is why.

For example, look at City of Longmont who put in a public internet utility. Gig service to the majority of the residencies in the city. However, Longmont isn't near netflix, google, or any other major corporation. How do you think they tie into all those other services? Usually through tier 1 or 2 provider. What happens when that tie one provider says...nah longmont doesn't need to get to netflix or facebook so fast. Let's traffic shape on those sites so that they can only use 1 gig of their 40gig pipe for those purposes. Oh and that naughty EVGA forum, let do 10mb of that 40gig pipe. All the people in longmont now fight over the congested traffic to netflix and facebook.

That's the problem in a nutshell. You may pay for 60mb, and even if the ISP has a geuine 200gb/s of available bandwidth between your ISP network and the endpoint, let's say netflix. They can treat netflix as a lesser packet legally even though the bandwidth is there and you are legally paying for 60mb to anyone else in the world that is also paying for at least 60mb

The way they have been doing netflix throttling legally now is that they literally refuse to connect more bandwidth between their networks and netflix. Cant sue them for illegal throttling if they only connect a 1gig pipe to netflix for all 500,000 users and it's full, even if that same ASR the traffic is passing through is capable of another 10x 100gb ports and netflix is open to connecting every one of them to alleviate the congestion. I remember reading about this regarding Verizon a while back. Verizon had 2 40gb links to the private networks that feed netflix to the world. They had an additional 2x 40gb links available and netflix was begging them to connect them but verizon continually refused.

In short, what you are looking at post NN. Pay for 60mb, but get whatever the ISP deems is reasonable to any specific location even if they and the end location have gobs of bandwidth available to provide the 60mb speed you paid for.

Then again, I dont think NN will be the end all straw that breaks the camels back. It will be when ISP's deny any DNS traffic to any server but their own and every single page you open gets hijacked so you have to watch a 20 second ad before you get redirected by their server to actually start opening the webpage you requested. Imagine that. Hey we are collecting those google results for your search. In the meantime, watch this 30 second ad for Coke. (Link below: Dont want to watch? Click here! 50 cents per skip for the first 10 skips $1.50 per skip after. Added to your monthly fee.)
post edited by Bruno747 - 2017/11/25 14:51:56

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/25 14:50:11 (permalink)
We have the right to petition our government, we do that by lobbying using lobbyists.
You can not lobby being one person alone. Be careful what you wish for......
Come on people, the internet will still be here, your service is not going to change.
You will still get netflix maybe they will have to pay a little more, and why not, they are the reason for all the data that gets D/L
You want Verizon to have to spend a ton more on infrastructure so you can download all you want when you want
Don't complain when your bill goes up. The folks that just checks their email is covering your need for all that data.
Just like I get to pay the MTA tax so you can take the train for less. Your welcome!!!!! I never take the train, pay for it yourself.
If you want fiber to your house, they need to make money, with no money they can not expand.
Business are in business to make money. And I want my dividends for my investments.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/26 07:19:24 (permalink)
bill1024
We have the right to petition our government, we do that by lobbying using lobbyists.
You can not lobby being one person alone. Be careful what you wish for......
Come on people, the internet will still be here, your service is not going to change.
You will still get netflix maybe they will have to pay a little more, and why not, they are the reason for all the data that gets D/L
You want Verizon to have to spend a ton more on infrastructure so you can download all you want when you want
Don't complain when your bill goes up. The folks that just checks their email is covering your need for all that data.
Just like I get to pay the MTA tax so you can take the train for less. Your welcome!!!!! I never take the train, pay for it yourself.
If you want fiber to your house, they need to make money, with no money they can not expand.
Business are in business to make money. And I want my dividends for my investments.

You still don't get it. Without Net Neutrality type protection, our internet services will change. Before NN, AT&T blocked it's customers from using face time unless they signed up for more expensive voice-text data plan. Another ISP blocked customers from using vonage internet phone service to force them buy it's internet phone service, if they want a landline. Comcast throttled netflix to force them to pay more to remove the throttling. That was before we had net neutrality rules.

We pay a tax for internet service, so far the government has spent $300 billion of that money on improving the broadband infrastructure in the US. That money didn't come from ISP's. That should mean we have a say on how data should be treated when we have invested so much in the infrastructure. 

Please tell us again how our internet service won't change, once the FCC does away with all Net Neutrality protection.  We have no real competition in the US for internet service, so that won't make large ISP's think twice before nickle and dimming customers to death. People who use internet on smart phones, they will see the biggest changes.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/26 10:49:25 (permalink)
Yeah and the government spent 1.8 trillion on infrastructure spending
Not to mention all the tax money collected with registration, tolls, gas tax, rubber excise tax and tax paid yearly in some states.
The roads and bridges are still a mess.
Maybe that should tell you something about the government and why smaller is better.

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/29 19:15:30 (permalink)
Just to put a further nail in this coffin with a vision of things to come: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-deleted-net-neutrality-pledge-the-same-day-fcc-announced-repeal/ 
Obviously Comcast doesn't want that up there..... for some reason?!?!? :)

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/29 20:19:57 (permalink)
wmmills
Just to put a further nail in this coffin with a vision of things to come: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/comcast-deleted-net-neutrality-pledge-the-same-day-fcc-announced-repeal/ 

Comcast is showing it's true colors. Now if only we had some real competition in the US for internet service, where people could punish them by switching to another provider. 

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/29 20:25:49 (permalink)
MSim
wmmills

Comcast is showing it's true colors. Now if only we had some real competition in the US for internet service, where people could punish them by switching to another provider. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/29 20:37:28 (permalink)
bill1024

The answer is easy...make something better. The commercialization of the internet is a 2000's paradigm. We're almost 20 years later. Business models adapt or die. History is ripe with technology that has went into the dumpster of time. 100 years from now the internet will be looked at in the same manner we look at telegraph today.

If company greed wants to kill the internet, I say good. Move over internet for something better. You've got people like Elon Musk with SpaceX wanting to put up constellations of mini-satellites to connect 98% of the world. If he was REALLY smart, he'd make it something to enable a post-internet era mode of communication.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2017/11/29 21:03:32
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/12/01 00:30:26 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
bill1024

The answer is easy...make something better. The commercialization of the internet is a 2000's paradigm. We're almost 20 years later. Business models adapt or die. History is ripe with technology that has went into the dumpster of time. 100 years from now the internet will be looked at in the same manner we look at telegraph today.

If company greed wants to kill the internet, I say good. Move over internet for something better. You've got people like Elon Musk with SpaceX wanting to put up constellations of mini-satellites to connect 98% of the world. If he was REALLY smart, he'd make it something to enable a post-internet era mode of communication.

Exactly Brad make some sort of new version of the internet better. We the people shall make our own internet in the private sector. But hey everyone on this thread is forgetting that the internet does not belong to us. To many people seem to have that entitlement that it does. The internet was created by the United States goverment. So in other words the goverment owns the internet already and in essences, they can do as they please. The Internet and Transmission Control Protocols were initially developed by a bunch of scientist in 1973 sponsored by the United States Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. I am not trying to be a Debbie downer but hey thats the truth you know.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/12/01 13:05:19 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
Brad_Hawthorne
bill1024

Exactly Brad make some sort of new version of the internet better. We the people shall make our own internet in the private sector. But hey everyone on this thread is forgetting that the internet does not belong to us. To many people seem to have that entitlement that it does. The internet was created by the United States goverment. So in other words the goverment owns the internet already and in essences, they can do as they please. The Internet and Transmission Control Protocols were initially developed by a bunch of scientist in 1973 sponsored by the United States Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. I am not trying to be a Debbie downer but hey thats the truth you know.

Actually, the previous administration gave away of the keys to the internet to an international body to further their globalism agenda. That's neither here nor there though. I'm all for governmental regulation of things like the internet to enforce checks and balances on the whole industry. Treat it like a utility -- such as electricity, sewage or water.

Another example that scares me almost more than the net neutrality hysteria is the attempted privatization of air traffic control. Right now major airlines are pushing an agenda to take over air traffic control from the government. You think rights will be impeded with net neutrality, just think when noncompetitive practices similar to cable companies take over air traffic control. You want to own and fly that private general aviation aircraft at your local municipal airport? Good luck.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2017/12/01 13:15:42
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile