Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
2017/11/21 14:47:49 (permalink)

...Congrats to Ajit Pai on instantly becoming the most hated man in America for completely ignoring overwhelming public demand and instead going ahead with the plan to remove internet neutrality. I'm sure Mr Pai's masters at Verizon/AT&T/Comcast will reward handsomely his disloyalty to the American people.

You, sir, are the epitome of deplorable.

For any ongoing discussion, due to EVGA Forum rules, please refrain from mentioning politics, as difficult as that may be...
Thanks.

post edited by Nereus - 2017/11/21 14:55:06

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

98 Replies Related Threads

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 15:22:09 (permalink)
    Net Neutrality is simply a way for the monopoly already in place to prevent competition. If you can't see the obvious my God have mercy on your soul. Companies like Google and other big media aren't doing anything in the best interest for consumers what so ever.
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 15:58:00 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    Net Neutrality is simply a way for the monopoly already in place to prevent competition. If you can't see the obvious my God have mercy on your soul. Companies like Google and other big media aren't doing anything in the best interest for consumers what so ever.

Your Backwards! Here is the definition:
    Net Neutrality:
    The principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications regardless of the source, and without favoring or blocking particular products or websites.

Without Net Neutrality the ISP's are the monopoly!

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 15:59:35 (permalink)
    fearpoint

Exactly but the masses has been sipping on ol papa's cough medicine again. lol  Not many are reading between the lines.  Just the rosey colors that come at first to entice many for it.  Good to see some straights heads around here from time to time.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:06:08 (permalink)
    Without Net Neutrality you pay for an ISP service, instead of free internet access. 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:13:48 (permalink)
    Even with Net Neutrality the various ISP companies have still been screwing people over. Just like they did pre-NN and it'll continue post-NN. If anything with the removal of it it should push companies like Google and Verizon to work harder and faster on getting fiber installed everywhere.

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:21:09 (permalink)
    Are folks ok getting taxed more online?  I mean you'd have to pay for "people in charge" of keeping the internet "equal".  Free internet?  What's that?  The cost has to come from somewhere.  If you're not happy with your ISP, vote with your wallet and if you don't have many choices, vote at the ballot box.  Make your voices be heard.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:26:39 (permalink)
    Just a friendly reminder it's ok to talk about net neutrality but if it becomes political then this thread might be closed. Just letting people know since it's easy for a post like this about the FCC to go in that direction. 

I personally support net neutrality since I remember when Comcast decided to throttle back Netflix streaming speeds. It got to the point shows were streaming at almost SD quality and buffering was common. If a cable company wants they can very easily throttle back streaming services speeds to help promote high cost cable packages.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:40:26 (permalink)
    I want my ISP to be neutral. I pay for access and I am free to choose my content.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:44:28 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Just a friendly reminder it's ok to talk about net neutrality but if it becomes political then this thread might be closed. Just letting people know since it's easy for a post like this about the FCC to go in that direction. 

I personally support net neutrality since I remember when Comcast decided to throttle back Netflix streaming speeds. It got to the point shows were streaming at almost SD quality and buffering was common. If a cable company wants they can very easily throttle back streaming services speeds to help promote high cost cable packages.

Not only that, but this specific bill allows the ISPs to decide which sites you can and cannot see - totally at their discretion (and I'm not talking about illegal content). If people don't see the issue with that, then they deserve everything that's coming to them.

post edited by Nereus - 2017/11/21 16:46:56

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 16:52:10 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    I want my ISP to be neutral. I pay for access and I am free to choose my content.

Yes, exactly that. They are internet service providers. We pay them to provide us access to the internet, NOT to act as a nanny, or determine what we can see based on their beliefs (whether it be political, religious, social, sexual, or whatever), and not to slow down access to specific sites and make content virtually unusable as some form of petty punishment for us not using their choice of content (which they make more money from). This bill allows them to do all that and more.

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 18:34:15 (permalink)
    Chaos_21

You had and have the freedom to browse as you like, since the interwebs inception.  Don't know why everyone is freaking out right now as if the internet was bad prior.  Net Neutrality for the record, never has been fully implemented so for people to think, "OMG!!! Don't take me back in time!" is still the same internet as before.  This is sad and freakin hilarious to watch while many are being pushed into this agenda.

You DON'T have the right to punish someone for having faster internet access which NN will do.  You allow private markets to pave the way of change as they have for 30+ years.  The internet is not regulated by the gov, what everyone has been enjoying for the last 30+ years. That would change with net neutrality. Everyone's acting like something bad has happened and now we need some make believe band aid to fix it. The complete opposite effect will happen. The internet as before, is a very free (virtual) society with the exception inside a private entity's (virtual) portal. Give the gov. the green light for take over and things will change.  A few things that will be noticeably different will be prices and speeds in a negative way.  Trust me on this for the love of geekness!  Look at google fiber for crying out loud.  It's blazing fast than the average and costs as much as my cable @ 1/10th of the speed.  NN won't come save my butt from this.  Better yet, it will increase my costs (Welcome fed. taxes on everything now) and lowers my speed now so everyone can have the same equal cake.  This will cost the ISPs more money to implement, especially those who aren't paying enough into the system but are forced via regulations to meet a new standard.  The way I see NN, think of Obamacare for the interweb.  NO THANK YOU!  

Again, vote with your wallet or ballot box.  Sure, there are some places that have crappy internet but what are the reasons?  Location? Rural?  Understandable because it will cost a ton to set up shop and VERY long lines just to feed a few homes in hundreds if not thousands of square miles.  Whats next?  Urban.  Do they have options of different ISPs?  Are their local taxes too high and in return making most think its the ISP that charges alot?  Are the ISP's monopolizing the area?  Vote them out and where are the folks in charge of the US Anti-trust laws to stop this from monopolizing?  You see people, all the tools have been in place long before NN to punish real monopolies.  Everyone's being duped into thinking, the same group that helped create this mess, are the hero's and saviors and all of a sudden, you internet experience will be better.  FAKE NEWS!  Wake up! lol  I don't wanna get fed. taxed on everything I hit buy on!  FFS!  

For those that truly understand, this announcement is a great day for the interwebs.  Congrats to all and hope for more innovations and competition!

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 19:18:37 (permalink)
    Without Net neutrality rules the ISP's are free to start charging for bandwidth throttling, like Verizon is doing with there unlimited plan but you have to pay a extra 10 dollars/mo to take the governor off, where as before it was the same speed internet for everyone with a couple different tiers and that's it. No false capping at the spigot. No throttling net flix because they have more customers on there video streaming service than you, the isp, does so you want to punish them. Net neutrality rules would punish the ISP for that disgusting behavior. The only innovation your going to see now is who can come up with the most innovative ideas to get a extra buck outta you.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 20:10:45 (permalink)

Yes removing net neutrality is a great idea for everyone. Since they are into changing things for the better of 'everyone', they should also charge more to drive in the fast lane on the freeways. Oh, and if you want to drive your car instead of their 'approved' car, your car will be throttled to a fraction of it's speed for exercising your right to personal choice. How dare you! 

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11075
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 20:13:56 (permalink)
    So I should buy more Verizon and ATT stock?

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 20:56:17 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Without Net neutrality rules the ISP's are free to start charging for bandwidth throttling, like Verizon is doing with there unlimited plan but you have to pay a extra 10 dollars/mo to take the governor off

I'm not being throttled.  Why should I change what has been working for me?  Do I want faster speeds?  Sure.  I need to pay more for it.  It's like going to a store and buying the bigger and badder PC but some are saying, you can't do that.  Who's to say to whom what they can do?

Do I want better pricing? Sure.  Competition is the ointment.  Without it, you will eventually get a monopoly.  People should be up n arms not on NN not being implemented but by these mega corp mergers from Sprint, T-mobile, Comcast (? Already happened right? GG) and the likes which suffocate competitive pricing.  Imagine if Nvidia bought out and merged with AMD.  Same principle applies here. 

So let me get this logic straight.  You want the same people in charge of putting a stop to monopolies but allowing these mega corp mergers creating mega monopolies in certain regions be put in charge of the internet?  It's just not jiving right.  Am I missing something here?

Nereus

Yes removing net neutrality is a great idea for everyone. Since they are into changing things for the better of 'everyone', they should also charge more to drive in the fast lane on the freeways. Oh, and if you want to drive your car instead of their 'approved' car, your car will be throttled to a fraction of it's speed for exercising your right to personal choice. How dare you! 

So if EVGA starts charging $2000 for their starting GPUs, we should give up our control as a consumer or any common sense left because you can't walk across the street to another mfger and purchase a GPU for $700?  (That's voting with your wallet btw.)  If there's price gouging or monopolies on going, there are US Price Gouging and Anti-Trust laws for this.  Read up on it.
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2017/11/21 21:19:06

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 21:17:10 (permalink)
    I have Verizon FIOS 50/50. Is more like 55/62I do not need or want faster, don't need it.
    Never had an issue with slow speeds or any kind of cap what so ever.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 21:53:09 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    wmmills
    Without Net neutrality rules the ISP's are free to start charging for bandwidth throttling, like Verizon is doing with there unlimited plan but you have to pay a extra 10 dollars/mo to take the governor off

I'm not being throttled.  Why should I change what has been working for me?  Do I want faster speeds?  Sure.  I need to pay more for it.  It's like going to a store and buying the bigger and badder PC but some are saying, you can't do that.  Who's to say to whom what they can do?

Do I want better pricing? Sure.  Competition is the ointment.  Without it, you will eventually get a monopoly.  People should be up n arms not on NN not being implemented but by these mega corp mergers from Sprint, T-mobile, Comcast (? Already happened right? GG) and the likes which suffocate competitive pricing.  Imagine if Nvidia bought out and merged with AMD.  Same principle applies here.

Not being throttled YET. You will be forced to change, if all the major ISP's decide on charging you more. Would you be happy being charged $200 a month for the same internet you have now, unless you subscribe to ISP premium tv package.  

All internet traffic should be treated the same, ISP shouldn't be allowed to charge more if you want to visit youtube or other video streaming sites.  

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 21:57:34 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Nereus

So if EVGA starts charging $2000 for their starting GPUs, we should give up our control as a consumer or any common sense left because you can't walk across the street to another mfger and purchase a GPU for $700?  (That's voting with your wallet btw.)  If there's price gouging or monopolies on going, there are US Price Gouging and Anti-Trust laws for this.  Read up on it.

Read up on it? LOL - I live in the most populous city in the nation, and many areas have only one ISP available - unless you're willing to connect a copper phone line and go DSL. Every smaller ISP that has ever started around here and made any inroads was almost immediately bought out by the monopoly organization and subscribers reintegrated right back in. Most people I know would absolutely love the option to 'cross the road' to another ISP, but we live under a monopoly you seem to think doesn't exist. Maybe you need to 'read up on it'.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 22:04:16 (permalink)
    MSim
    GTXJackBauer
    wmmills

Not being throttled YET. You will be forced to change, if all the major ISP's decide on charging you more. Would you be happy being charged $200 a month for the same internet you have now, unless you subscribe to ISP premium tv package.  

All internet traffic should be treated the same, ISP shouldn't be allowed to charge more if you want to visit youtube or other video streaming sites.  

I already do pay $200/month lol, and I only have the standard tv package with zero extras on it. For nearly 17 years there has been no other ISP, and this is the most populace city in the nation. And it's about to get worse. Awesome.

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/21 23:00:10 (permalink)
    And you live in a city where a 450sq ft apartment costs a couple grand a month.
    Move 90 min North and enjoy life. Buy a 2000SF house for less than that.
    I pay 119$ for 50/50 FIOS with TV 20 bazzilion channels and nothing good on to watch anyway.
    But I can go out and breath clean air. Not smell New Jersey. Sorry NJ folks.

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 00:01:58 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    wmmills

So let me get this logic straight.  You want the same people in charge of putting a stop to monopolies but allowing these mega corp mergers creating mega monopolies in certain regions be put in charge of the internet?  It's just not jiving right.  Am I missing something here?

Nereus

I agree, if you want faster speed then yes, you pay for it by moving to the next tier. You are buying those speeds and deserve those regardless of how much you stream or from who, right? So if you stream a lot they may say to you now, hay jack we are capping your streaming res to 480p instead of HD 1080 because your taking up too much bandwidth, but for a extra 10 bux a month we can remove that cap and give you priority streaming over the others that don't pay. So you pay the 10 bux but you notice that Netflix is buffering alot halfway into the month. You then find out that for a extra 10 bux a month they can give you the "streaming package" which is a bunch of streaming sites like Netflix,hulu,crackle etc... whatever.... and it will prioritize your traffic over the non payers. So all those things are a problem and tough on there system infrastructure until they find out they can squeeze more money outta ya, all of a sudden everything works again. See? Its like corporate magic!! :) This is where were heading and they've already started some little pilot programs to see what will take. They don't have to disclose hidden fees anymore, they don't have to tell you that your capped or throttled either, and the final nail in the coffin is that the FCC has barred the States from individually trying to pass there own NN rules, as of today. Its the wild west for these guys now and the customers are the Native Americans!!
     I don't want anyone in charge of the internet, that's not what we are advocating. We want some common sense fair rules that wont let the ISPs do the stuff I mentioned above and who knows what other crap they will pull in the future for no good reason. Obviously there has to be some oversight, but that can be worked out and it doesn't have to be the FCC, it could be the FTC or some other entity. Believe me, im not a big fan of the govt either, but in this case with corporations this large the FED is the only one able to handle these guys with authority. All the big players got together and divvied up the country already, that's why there is no competition. Have you seen what they've done when a municipality wants to try and run its own service for its town? Look what they all did to google when they wanted to lay fiber in a pilot program in one city..... the ISP's went bonkers and tried everything to stop it because, behind closed doors, google wouldn't play by there rules, so they had to be stopped.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

Help Our Vets From K-2!
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 00:08:00 (permalink)
    bill1024
    I pay 119$ for 50/50 FIOS with TV 20 bazzilion channels and nothing good on to watch anyway.

ROFLOL..... That's North Jersey Bill, no apology needed.

Help Our Vets From K-2!
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 03:28:16 (permalink)
    wmmills
    I agree, if you want faster speed then yes, you pay for it by moving to the next tier. You are buying those speeds and deserve those regardless of how much you stream or from who, right? So if you stream a lot they may say to you now, hay jack we are capping your streaming res to 480p instead of HD 1080 because your taking up too much bandwidth, but for a extra 10 bux a month we can remove that cap and give you priority streaming over the others that don't pay. So you pay the 10 bux but you notice that Netflix is buffering alot halfway into the month. You then find out that for a extra 10 bux a month they can give you the "streaming package" which is a bunch of streaming sites like Netflix,hulu,crackle etc... whatever.... and it will prioritize your traffic over the non payers. So all those things are a problem and tough on there system infrastructure until they find out they can squeeze more money outta ya, all of a sudden everything works again. See? Its like corporate magic!! :) This is where were heading and they've already started some little pilot programs to see what will take. They don't have to disclose hidden fees anymore, they don't have to tell you that your capped or throttled either, and the final nail in the coffin is that the FCC has barred the States from individually trying to pass there own NN rules, as of today. Its the wild west for these guys now and the customers are the Native Americans!!
     I don't want anyone in charge of the internet, that's not what we are advocating. We want some common sense fair rules that wont let the ISPs do the stuff I mentioned above and who knows what other crap they will pull in the future for no good reason. Obviously there has to be some oversight, but that can be worked out and it doesn't have to be the FCC, it could be the FTC or some other entity. Believe me, im not a big fan of the govt either, but in this case with corporations this large the FED is the only one able to handle these guys with authority. All the big players got together and divvied up the country already, that's why there is no competition. Have you seen what they've done when a municipality wants to try and run its own service for its town? Look what they all did to google when they wanted to lay fiber in a pilot program in one city..... the ISP's went bonkers and tried everything to stop it because, behind closed doors, google wouldn't play by there rules, so they had to be stopped.

^ exactly.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 03:32:22 (permalink)
    bill1024

My commute is already 3.5 hours a day, and that's if MTA is playing nice (the long commute is in part because I have to pick up my daughter from school after work every day, otherwise it's 2 hours a day commute time). I definitely don't want to add another few hours onto that!

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 08:30:30 (permalink)
    Nereus

...Congrats to Ajit Pai on instantly becoming the most hated man in America for completely ignoring overwhelming public demand and instead going ahead with the plan to remove internet neutrality. I'm sure Mr Pai's masters at Verizon/AT&T/Comcast will reward handsomely his disloyalty to the American people.

For any ongoing discussion, due to EVGA Forum rules, please refrain from mentioning politics, as difficult as that may be...
    Thanks.

EVGA forums logic: Posts political topic rant, asks people to "refrain from mentioning politics"... 
    KeksimusMaximus
    • Total Posts : 87
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 13:13:38 (permalink)
    As an European, im watching this with curiosity and slight dose of fear, im sure there is some way in which this could affect me in negative way despite not being on your continent, yet im not sure how. First thing that comes to mind is that once this stupid law passes in US, genius EU parliament might start thinking about same thing.

Dargus Maximus
    ~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
    My Youtube channel - gaming, streaming, PC modding
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 13:27:29 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Nereus

Thanks.

EVGA forums logic: Posts political topic rant, asks people to "refrain from mentioning politics"... 

Lol, you know as well as I do that any mention of politics would get this thread locked immediately. Anyway, the topic is net neutrality or not net neutrality, regardless of what political party may be behind it - the big ISPs play both sides of the aisle anyway. Interesting opinion article on this net neutrality topic in the Los Angeles Times of all places [link].

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 14:33:54 (permalink)
    More fear mongering.  Smh  Again, NN never existing before and barely exists now.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Congrats to FCC Head Ajit Pai... 2017/11/22 14:44:16 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    More fear mongering.  Smh  Again, NN never existing before and barely exists now.

No, not fear mongering. If there's not going to be any change by removing net neutrality, then there's no reason to remove it. Technology has advanced significantly since net neutrality was introduced, and the reason it was introduced back then was because technology was reaching the point where it *would* make a difference. How you can compare technology as it was years ago and how it is now and say there's little difference is beyond me.

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile