EVGA

LockedCalifornia "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more)

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2016/07/01 23:47:26 (permalink)

In his description box he has links to each one of these ridiculous laws so you can further expand your knowledge.  I feel for the brothers and sisters of California and I know a lot of our members are from California too! All I can say is I will do the best that I can to help out anyway possible even if it means writing to these politicians that are not even from my own state(Texas) about my grievances. I am sure other brothers and sisters from different states will have your backs too. 

39 Replies Related Threads

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:01:22 (permalink)
    If you want opinions.......
    I don't actually feel safe nowadays when every idiot on the planet can arm themselves to the teeth with assault weapons sporting high capacity magazines and boxes of ammo. 
    It's about time someone did something.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:01:51 (permalink)
    Living in Kansas, I don't expect something like that to matter much to me. I'll not be moving to the People's Republic of Mexifornia anytime soon.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:03:44 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    I don't actually feel safe nowadays when every idiot on the planet can arm themselves to the teeth with assault weapons sporting high capacity magazines and boxes of ammo. 

Like actually raise their children to not be human trash? It's a culture issue, where people are dehumanizing themselves and devolving into animals. When you can't trust your neighborhood and the general good will of others, it's time to move some place else.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:15:45 (permalink)
    Chaos_21

There is no such thing as an "assault rifle" or even "assault weapons" That's why I put quotes in the title of the thread. But if you dont feel that safe then thats your problem. Learn how to protect yourself and stop relying on others to do it for you. You need to learn that there are always going to be be bad people in the world and there is nothing any of us can do about it BUT learn how to force multiple the playing field with these bad people trying to harm innocent people. Remember this too, there are more good Joes than bad Joes AND more smart people than stupid people.

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:27:38 (permalink)
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

There is no such thing as an "assault rifle" or even "assault weapons" That's why I put quotes in the title of the thread. But if you dont feel that safe then thats your problem. Learn how to protect yourself and stop relying on others to do it for you. You need to learn that there are always going to be be bad people in the world and there is nothing any of us can do about it BUT learn how to force multiple the playing field with these bad people trying to harm innocent people. Remember this too, there are more good Joes than bad Joes AND more smart people than stupid people.

Gun owners are not the only ones with rights......I have a right to require responsible gun ownership for public safety. 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:40:37 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

Gun owners are not the only ones with rights......I have a right to require responsible gun ownership for public safety. 

"responsible" gun ownership is one thing... the ability to buy a gun is another... I have a clean record, and can apply to buy a gun, and have no problem. What you want the government to do is "foresee what the 'bad people' will do". Can you do that? 'cause I can't....

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 00:53:51 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    Chaos_21
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

"responsible" gun ownership is one thing... the ability to buy a gun is another... I have a clean record, and can apply to buy a gun, and have no problem. What you want the government to do is "foresee what the 'bad people' will do". Can you do that? 'cause I can't....

YES.....we need to foresee what the 'bad people' will do" and limit their capability to cause massive damage.

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 01:02:21 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

Yes, but responsible gun owners that jump through all the ridiculous hoops aren't the problem are they? It's the two guys a year that are off their meds that criminally attain some weapon that are the problem. So maybe we need legislation that takes there rights away instead?!? The guys that use pressure cookers too cause those things are worse than "assault" weapons!!!

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 01:06:46 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    YES.....we need to foresee what the 'bad people' will do" and limit their capability to cause massive damage.

I think some people have problems grappling with the concept of liberty and personal responsibility. You can't regulate hatred and intent away from people. Given the nature of the people we're trying to deal with, you could take everything away and they'd still attempt to kill you with a pencil because they despise your lifestyle, property or wealth. Until you directly deal with the behavioral problems, no legislation in the world is going to help. It's putting a bandaid on cancer. When the fringe 1% of society impacts the other 99% we're doing something wrong when we take away rights to attempt to address things. That 1% could care less what your laws have. 
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/02 01:34:41
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 01:07:12 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    stalinx20
    Chaos_21
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

Good luck with that. seeing into the future is not a gift everyone is capable of having. (if anyone?)

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    -ZS-Carpenter
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1547
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 04:09:26 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    stalinx20
    Chaos_21
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

Then you need to start banning a lot of stuff.

How many people did Timothy Mcveigh kill? we must ban assault fuel and assault fertilizer

What about Jim Jones? we to limit how much flavor aid you can make at one time. the founding fathers did not foresee punch bowls of that size

Main rig: gaming/folding
    Z68 FTW 2600k@4.2  980 Ti sc+
    Dedicated folders
    x79 Classy/4820k 3x 970
    Q9550/780i 2x 770
    GODKILLER
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3082
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 07:12:44 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    stalinx20
    Chaos_21
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Chaos_21

And this has worked since when?? All these laws are doing are hurting lawful gun owners. If someone who has bad intentions needs a weapon to commit those intentions believe me....where there is a will, there is a way. Its funny, guys like Chaos will cry about restrictions one moment and will want someone who is fighting those restrictions to protect them later. Hear is a word of advice. When this place goes to hell, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Arctucas
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1026
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 08:16:28 (permalink)
    'Assault Weapon', as in; a club, a knife, a rock, a motor vehicle, your fists...

Anything that can be used to inflict physical harm is, technically, an 'Assault Weapon'.

MB: eVGA Z170 Classified K
    CPU: i7-6700K
    RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ
    GPU: eVGA GTX970SSC
    HDD: 4xSamsung 830 RAID 0
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Cooling: D5, PA140.3, XSPC dual bay res, HK 3.0
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 08:51:51 (permalink)
    Arctucas
    'Assault Weapon', as in; a club, a knife, a rock, a motor vehicle, your fists...

Anything that can be used to inflict physical harm is, technically, an 'Assault Weapon'.

The definition varies among regulating jurisdictions, but usually includes semi-automatic firearms with a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, and sometimes other features such as a flash suppressor or barrel shroud.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 08:52:44 (permalink)
    Chaos_21

30 round magazines are not high capacity magazines, 30 round magazines are the standard size for AR-15 Rifle. The 5.56 NATO round was designed to wound/maim a person, it wasn't design for brute force to kill a person.

You have a higher chance to be killed by a drunk driver than you do from someone with a AR-15 rifle.

Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 267
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 09:17:29 (permalink)
    I'm not in favor of taking away citizens' right to ownership of arms, although I do favor making it highly expensive (taxes, fees, etc) for them to purchase certain types of weapons and accessories. However, I admit that no matter how we try to limit what criminals get access to, there is no way to prevent mass casualty attacks with any kind of weapon.
    post edited by Pitfighter - 2016/07/02 09:21:45
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11233
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 09:55:58 (permalink)
    Chaos_21

As i have said in other threads.  The only way to stop a guy with a gun, is ANOTHER guy with a gun.  Your safety is in your hands.  You have the right to feel safe, but you have 2 choices on how to do that.  1, trust the police and as they say when seconds count, the police are minutes away (but that does work for 99% of the nation who are not getting murdered currently) 2, enact on that very same right the criminal is using against you by carrying your own.  

I wont correct you on your definition of assault rifle since everyone here beat me to it (*ahem*  fully auto are "assault rifles", not semi-auto's -"It is sometimes conflated with the term "assault rifle", which refers to selective-fire military rifles that can fire in automatic and / or burst mode."-from your wiki link)  This is about the majority getting punished for the majority.  Plain and simple.  

Why aren't there "assault soda's" with "high capacity" cups when people are dying of obesity and heart disease?  I have been punished to pay into a universal health care for these people who drink/eat  themselves into diabetes, just like you have to pay for them.  Doesn't that offend you?  It offends me.  Just like it offends me that I have to get punished and not allowed to have many different firearms or even go shoot in my backyard because I live in the communist state of NJ.  Fortunately i do "have" the option to move across the Delaware river in PA where the 2nd amendment is understood and is NOT INFRINGED.

It just kills me that so many of you HAVE that right to carry where the state has to prove that your unfit to carry vs NJ where I have to prove my life is in IMMINENT DANGER before I am allowed the PRIVILEGE (right?!) to concealed carry.
    post edited by nateman_doo - 2016/07/02 09:58:55
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 10:52:00 (permalink)
    Chaos_21

You're willing to give up freedoms for supposed safety and no way to reign in an out of control government.

Not smart.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 11:02:41 (permalink)
    Pitfighter
    I'm not in favor of taking away citizens' right to ownership of arms, although I do favor making it highly expensive (taxes, fees, etc) for them to purchase certain types of weapons and accessories. However, I admit that no matter how we try to limit what criminals get access to, there is no way to prevent mass casualty attacks with any kind of weapon.

So your only for the rich to be able to own firearms. Making it highly expensive (taxes, fee's, etc) will do just that. What would you accomplish by adding special tax and fee's to firearm purchases. Criminals would just continue to buy stole weapons 100% tax free.

More people are murdered each year by fist, hammers and clubs than by rifles.

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 11:03:52 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    Chaos_21

You're willing to give up freedoms for supposed safety and no way to reign in an out of control government.

Not smart.

It is the weapon industry and the NRA that is out of control.....and I have the freedom to require responsible gun ownership.

Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 267
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 11:42:58 (permalink)
    MSim
    Pitfighter

So your only for the rich to be able to own firearms. Making it highly expensive (taxes, fee's, etc) will do just that. What would you accomplish by adding special tax and fee's to firearm purchases. Criminals would just continue to buy stole weapons 100% tax free.

More people are murdered each year by fist, hammers and clubs than by rifles.

Msim, kindly re-read what I wrote above.

I did not write only for the rich to get firearms. As I wrote, make it expensive to get certain types of weapons and accessories. And I agree about people getting murdered by means other than firearms, that is why I wrote that I do not favor taking away the rights of citizens to ownership of firearms.
    Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3762
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 11:44:58 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    transdogmifier
    Chaos_21

Not smart.

It is the weapon industry and the NRA that is out of control.....and I have the freedom to require responsible gun ownership.

I think you are looking in the wrong direction if you think the NRA/weapon industry is more out of control than our Government.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.
    -1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

Arctucas
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1026
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 12:03:15 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    transdogmifier
    Chaos_21

Not smart.

And you have the freedom to express your opinion; The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. A right that is protected from being taken away by a Totalitarian government by the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Be honest, do you really and truly believe that 'responsible gun ownership' regulations will prevent criminals, terrorists, insane people and any others that would use a firearm illegally from obtaining and using said weapons? Really?

MB: eVGA Z170 Classified K
    CPU: i7-6700K
    RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ
    GPU: eVGA GTX970SSC
    HDD: 4xSamsung 830 RAID 0
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Cooling: D5, PA140.3, XSPC dual bay res, HK 3.0
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 12:20:39 (permalink)
    Can u guys do me a favor and kill the mega quotes? I'm on my phone trying to keep up with the convo
    Shockjockey
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4928
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 12:22:24 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    transdogmifier
    Chaos_21

Not smart.

I totally agree. NRA is out of control. They have too many people brainwashed. Proud not to be one of them. On a side note, glad you have the balls to express your opinion. Most people that do on forum get attacked. People need to stop replacing their small attributes with guns . 

Asus Sabertooth x99
    5930k (4.5ghz)
    16gb Corsair DDR4 (3000)
    EVGA 1000w psu
    Zotac 980ti x 2
    Samsung 850 pro 500 SSD
    HPLP3065 30in Monitor 2560x1600
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 13:01:23 (permalink)
    NRA doesn't brainwash? They exercise their first amendment right to defend the second amendment. The NRA (as well as the rest of the responsible gun owners) has been minding their business until all the school shootings started happening. Now we as gun owners are being punished, and they are fighting back.

As chaos mentioned he has the right to responsible gun ownership. There are plenty of laws already on the books. All the laws do is stifle the law abiding citizens. Crimanls don't follow the laws. Focus on the people, not the inanimate objects they use, because everyone would be walking and automobiles would be banned.
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 13:33:04 (permalink)
    At some point in the future, The only ones that will have weapons, Will be criminals.

Then the people are going to wish they had a gun, But by then owning one would make you a criminal in itself.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 13:48:51 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    I think some people have problems grappling with the concept of liberty and personal responsibility. You can't regulate hatred and intent away from people. Given the nature of the people we're trying to deal with, you could take everything away and they'd still attempt to kill you with a pencil because they despise your lifestyle, property or wealth. Until you directly deal with the behavioral problems, no legislation in the world is going to help. It's putting a bandaid on cancer. When the fringe 1% of society impacts the other 99% we're doing something wrong when we take away rights to attempt to address things. That 1% could care less what your laws have. 

This. The 1% ruin it for the 99%. Taking away the rights of the 99% is what the 1% wants.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 14:47:16 (permalink)
    California needs to be liberated.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile