Authorized Sellers !

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 11:07:35 (permalink)
MattyMattMatt
The responses didn't become rude until OP repeatedly refused to accept blatant facts.

It was rude from the start, evga rep/volunteer continued to handle it the wrong way by arguing trying to defend/deflect for evga.  

MattyMattMatt
]It has never been the vendor's responsibility to point out an optional program that EVGA offers. Most places don't advertise it even though they are approved vendors for the program.

That doesn't mean they can't inform the customer to help look out for them and keep them as a future customer. Nothing stopping evga marketing from reaching out to online retailers to setup a marketplace.

MattyMattMatt
EVGA has addressed it. Third party sellers like those found at amazon, bestbuy, newegg, ebay, kijiji, craigslist, etc, are not authorized.

What i mean by Address it is do more to inform customers. Reach out to places like Amazon, Newegg and Bestbuy.ca and BestBuy (US) to information customers about making sure to buy from authorized seller, if they want to take advantage of evga optional programs. That would go a long ways to avoid customers from being upset or angry.

EVGA could reach out to websites sites like https://pcpartpicker.com/ to ask them to add the same important information.

That should be easy to do for evga marketing director.  

*fixed the broke quotes*

post edited by MSim - 2017/09/08 11:25:21

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 11:17:31 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
MSim
Put yourself in the OP shoes, new evga customer comes here to post about an issue, ask what are his options. He gets rude reply by a evga volunteer. That new customer sees that same volunteer get rewarded for saying "it's a hard lesson learned".  Is that anyway to treat a customer.

Nothing on bestbuy.ca website says if you buy from a 3rd party seller, you won't be able to take advantage of evga optional program, so i don't see how that customer failed to pay attention to the clear details.

This has become a common issue that evga refuses to address.  Hopefully the op can get a refund from his credit card company.

Yeah, you're are correct. Except the part where best buy isn't authorized at all. Please reference the authorized list one more time.

The OP assumed that Best Buy was authorized (which is isn't/wasn't) and that a third party on the assumed authorized site was also authorized (after realizing it was a third party).. but from step one, it was never an authorized site. It may seem rude, but what would you call that?

I have forwarded up the request to add an asterisk saying that third party sellers on an authorized site are not authorized, as it isn't apparent that 3rd party sellers are not authorized in any circumstance.

*edit* like MattyMattMatt points out... It also is never the retailers job to point out a flaw in the plan of another vendor's optional program.

It's in the OP's best interest to purchase only from authorized retailers in the future.. This is a good lesson for future prospects of any program that requires an authorized retailer, to include step-up, extended warranties, EAR, and so on...

Did i say bestbuy.ca was an authorized seller?  no i didn't.  Hard for OP to pay attention to something that isn't on a website. This is a common issue for new evga customers. they don't know anything about evga optional programs or it's requirements before buying the product. They find out later only to be upset that now they can't take advantage of it because evga cares more about making retailers happy than they do customers. 

The op might not be in this situation, if evga optional programs information was more widely available on retailers website.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 11:24:01 (permalink)
MSim
Did i say bestbuy.ca was an authorized seller?  no i didn't.  Hard for OP to pay attention to something that isn't on a website. This is a common issue for new evga customers. they don't know anything about evga optional programs or it's requirements before buying the product. They find out later only to be upset that now they can't take advantage of it because evga cares more about making retailers happy than they do customers. 

The op might not be in this situation, if evga optional programs information was more widely available on retailers website.

That is the buyers job. Once they find out, they need to research. They will know for next time.

Just like game promos. How often do you see people screaming about EVGA not handing out codes for a card bought from a different retailer? The exact steps are bluntly laid out how to retrieve the code, but they don't read them. This is a common problem. The users need to do their oqn research.

When I bought my first 780ti classified, I misunderstood the step up program.. That didn't deter me. I read, I learned, and I moved on. I didn't demand anything, and I didn't throw a fit, because it was on me. People need to own their own mistakes, and others need to stop making excuses for them.

Also, no, you didn't say bestbuy.ca was authorized.. but that is what this post started as, so it comes down that the rest doesn't matter, if the first issue covers everything. I have requested EVGA review these things already, as stated previously. No need to beat a dead horse at this point. You made your point, I made mine, and we are both wasting our time trying to get the other to understand.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/09/08 11:33:45
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 11:34:03 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

That is the buyers job. Once they find out, they need to research. They will know for next time.

Just like game promos. How often do you see people screaming about EVGA, not handing out codes for a card bought from a different retailer? The exact steps are bluntly laid out how to retrieve the code, but they don't read them. This is a common problem.

When I bought my first 780ti classified, I misunderstood the step up program.. That didn't deter me. I read, I learned, and I moved on. I didn't demand anything, and I didn't throw a fit, because it was on me. People need to own their own mistakes, and others need to stop making excuses for them.

You should know that not every consumer research everything about a company before buying it's product. They just assume things. The OP was just asking if anything he can do to take advantage of evga optional programs. There was no need for evga volunteer to be rude to the OP.

post edited by Sajin - 2017/09/08 13:20:09

MattyMattMatt
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 12:26:13 (permalink)
I don't understand why you are trying so hard to shift blame to EVGA when it is the buyer's responsibility.

Associate Code: C0RZOAF57R3JE6B
Elite Member ID: MXFACO40E1XPINUAY3X
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 13:11:17 (permalink)
It is the "buyer's responsibility" to always review the OEM website like EVGA or even MSI for that matter before you buy any Computer Product for Specifications on the Item, Pricing, Warranty, Special Offers, Authorized Sellers and so on.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49180
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 13:21:03 (permalink)
@MSim

Watch the name calling.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 13:42:12 (permalink)
MattyMattMatt
I don't understand why you are trying so hard to shift blame to EVGA when it is the buyer's responsibility.

The only blame evga has is not doing enough to get that important information out to consumers.  

I'm shocked that EVGA doesn't see the value in promoting buying from authorized seller. They could reach out to all the authorized sellers, get them to add "benefits for buying evga products from authorized seller". it would help get the information out there, help push people to buy from authorized seller. That would be a win win for both parties. 

EVGA could do a campaign on why it's important to buy evga products from authorized seller. On event pages, on facebook, on twitchtv offline image etc. That would cost them nothing to do it.It would help inform customers.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 15:05:03 (permalink)
EVGA has done nothing wrong here legally in any way shape or form or have those marketplaces.  Newegg used to sell only from newegg but have since adopted the same way amazon has been doing it by allowing 3rd parties to sell as well.  Its up to the buyer to make sure you are strictly buying from a authorized seller in a saturated unauthorized world.  

On another note, this EVGA policy is a great thing, obviously not great to those who accidentally purchased from 3rd party sellers, because it punishes scalpers and unauthorized 3rd party sellers.  See, authorized sellers get straight shipments from said company with full backing and warranties while unauthorized sellers will purchase the stock many of us have issues finding on EVGA or other authorized retailers only to play the middle man and resell that same stock at a higher price.  This is ANOTHER reason why EVGA was forced to only sell one per customer.  These are just a couple of ways of combating this issue.

It was an unfortunate mistake and I think its time to move on.  Lesson learned but you have to look at the big picture on why things are the way they are.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2017/09/08 15:07:34

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 15:56:09 (permalink)
There's quite a bit of confusion here about what constitutes and authorized retailer for EVGA products. There are two ways a retailer can be considered "authorized": companies can purchase their inventory directly from us, or they can purchase from an authorized distributor. We sell directly to larger retailers such as Newegg, Best Buy, Amazon, B&H, Fry's, Microcenter, etc, while smaller companies or "Mom n' Pop" stores will purchase through a distributor such as Ingram Micro, MA Labs, D&H, etc.

Say you purchased a product from Bob's PCs. You register it, and call us up for an RMA. Our shipping record won't show that it was sold to Bob's PCs, but it will show that we sold the card to Ingram Micro. It is safe to assume that Bob's PCs purchased the product through Ingram Micro, and thus Bob's PCs is considered an authorized retailer.

This gets a bit more confusing with all the marketplaces out there now. Customers assume they are buying from Amazon, Newegg, or Best Buy, but without paying close attention it's entirely possible to end up buying from Bob's PCs online store in the Amazon Marketplace. Just like in the previous example, as long as Bob's PCs bought it from an authorized distributor everything is good.

The only time this becomes a problem is when Bob's PCs buys from Newegg, then resells the card. Newegg is an authorized retailer, but not an authorized distributor. Bob's PCs is now considered the owner of the product, and when he sells the card to his customer, the customer is considered the second owner. Thankfully, this is an extremely rare occurrence, and with our 3 year transferrable global warranty in most cases it is a non-issue and we can still support the customer.

Now, for B35t_Hunt3r's situation. I've reviewed his invoice, and I can confirm that based on the invoice and our shipping record, Aero Malls Inc. purchased the product through an authorized distributor. B35t_Hunt3r, you will have no problems getting your step up approved.

I hope that clears things up for everyone! B35t_Hunt3r, I apologize for the worry and confusion. If you have any other questions please let us know and we will be happy to answer any other concerns or questions you have!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 16:45:17 (permalink)
Only thing Jaeson forgot to add there was an obligatory mic drop....
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 17:01:41 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW
There's quite a bit of confusion here about what constitutes and authorized retailer for EVGA products. There are two ways a retailer can be considered "authorized": companies can purchase their inventory directly from us, or they can purchase from an authorized distributor. We sell directly to larger retailers such as Newegg, Best Buy, Amazon, B&H, Fry's, Microcenter, etc, while smaller companies or "Mom n' Pop" stores will purchase through a distributor such as Ingram Micro, MA Labs, D&H, etc.

Say you purchased a product from Bob's PCs. You register it, and call us up for an RMA. Our shipping record won't show that it was sold to Bob's PCs, but it will show that we sold the card to Ingram Micro. It is safe to assume that Bob's PCs purchased the product through Ingram Micro, and thus Bob's PCs is considered an authorized retailer.

This gets a bit more confusing with all the marketplaces out there now. Customers assume they are buying from Amazon, Newegg, or Best Buy, but without paying close attention it's entirely possible to end up buying from Bob's PCs online store in the Amazon Marketplace. Just like in the previous example, as long as Bob's PCs bought it from an authorized distributor everything is good.

The only time this becomes a problem is when Bob's PCs buys from Newegg, then resells the card. Newegg is an authorized retailer, but not an authorized distributor. Bob's PCs is now considered the owner of the product, and when he sells the card to his customer, the customer is considered the second owner. Thankfully, this is an extremely rare occurrence, and with our 3 year transferrable global warranty in most cases it is a non-issue and we can still support the customer.

Now, for B35t_Hunt3r's situation. I've reviewed his invoice, and I can confirm that based on the invoice and our shipping record, Aero Malls Inc. purchased the product through an authorized distributor. B35t_Hunt3r, you will have no problems getting your step up approved.

I hope that clears things up for everyone! B35t_Hunt3r, I apologize for the worry and confusion. If you have any other questions please let us know and we will be happy to answer any other concerns or questions you have!

That makes it just as clear as mud.  So, in the past, a user bought his card from a company that purchased from an authorized distributor.  After that, the step up was denied, because the card was purchased from an unauthorized retailer, which seems to be the exact same situation.  Maybe it is more confusing than we all realize.   In this case, it is best for the user to email tech support directly, as there is no proper answer without tech support looking into the situation to verify whether all 500 pieces of criteria are met properly.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 17:44:24 (permalink)
B35t_Hunt3r
Hi guys, 
I purchased my 1070 FTW a month ago from Best Buy Canada's website. I applied for the step up Program to upgrade it to a 1080 since the 1070 dont suite my needs and I'm in the waiting list !

Being on the Waiting List is that not also saying at the same time that it is an approved Card?
Why allow a Card that is Not Authorized to even be placed on the Step-Up List in the first Place?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

B35t_Hunt3r
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/11 05:31:59 (permalink)
Agreed with what @bcavnaugh mentioned ! so the clients won't wait weeks to learn their lessons lol
If the purchase was not made from an authorized seller just don't accept their step up card from the beginning  

post edited by B35t_Hunt3r - 2017/09/11 06:01:21
B35t_Hunt3r
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/11 05:53:57 (permalink)
Well thanks to everyone in here for participating to address the possible issues and inform the other clients about all these "Authorized" and "Not Authorized" sellers!
And thanks for your answer @EVGATech_JaesonW to clear things up and telling me that my request will be accepted.. but as other people have mentioned i'm agreed that EVGA and other companies can do a better job to inform their clients about details in order to avoid the future confusion or inconvenient. 
I have EVGA PSU and MB and i always heard good things about EVGA and their customer service, so as a casual client i didnt think i must get into more details to learn my lessons! it must be very easy for you guys to make it happen i guess.. just say it in your site or ask Amazon, Newegg or BestBuy to mention or warn the clients about the 3rd party sellers and what they can miss with purchasing their products from them   
post edited by B35t_Hunt3r - 2017/09/11 06:00:49
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile