Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
B35t_Hunt3r
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/07 05:25:12 (permalink)
Hi guys, 
I purchased my 1070 FTW a month ago from Best Buy Canada's website. I applied for the step up Program to upgrade it to a 1080 since the 1070 dont suite my needs and I'm in the waiting list !
But I heard because its written on my invoice " Sold and shipped by Aero Malls Inc. Best Buy market place" they may not approve my case ! since EVGA may not recognize it as an authorized seller !! I mean if that happens why would that be my issue ? I bought my GPU from Best Buy's website and where Best Buy gets their products cant be my problem  I know this Aero Malls Inc. is selling variety of computer products including EVGA products on the Newegg and Amazon also.
Does anybody had any similar experience ? Any suggestions ? 
Thanks
post edited by B35t_Hunt3r - 2017/09/07 11:15:57

44 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/07 06:16:02 (permalink)
    Maybe see if evga management would make a one time exception to keep a future customer. If that doesn't work, reach out to Bestbuy about it's marketplace screwing customers over. They do nothing to alert customers to make sure they buy evga products from authorized seller, if you want to take advantage of evga optional programs. If that don't work for a refund, did you buy the card using a credit card that has buyer protection on it?

This is something evga should address in it's authorized seller policy. 

B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/07 06:24:01 (permalink)
    Yeah exactly!! I bought my GPU from best buy's website, its not like i bought it from kijiji or something.. if they refuse it i will contact their management like u said first and then best buy's.
    And i purchased my GPU with a gift card and my credit card
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/07 18:57:56 (permalink)

I would call Evga to see if you can or can't for sure.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/07 19:49:26 (permalink)
    Well i did contact them via their live chat..
    the guy said he thinks they will refuse my case since he never heard of that store !
    But he is not sure, its up to their approval department !
    You know the funniest part ? Best Buy only sell high end GPU via their market place🤔
    Means i had no other option to chose from and the EVGA webiste suggest you to buy their products from best buy !!
    So it won't make any sense if they refuse my case
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/07 22:11:53 (permalink)

The problem seems to be you did not pay attention to the clear details,sadly this is a hard lesson learned.

Attached Image(s)

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 04:53:14 (permalink)
    BioHazardSperm

The problem seems to be you did not pay attention to the clear details,sadly this is a hard lesson learned.

Hard lesson learned really? where does it say if you buy from this seller, you won't be able to take advantage of evga optional programs.  That's right no where does it say that. Now if it warned customers about that, i could see it being a "hard lesson".

I bet lots of evga customers don't know, if you don't buy from authorized seller, you can't take advantage of evga optional programs.

B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 05:11:49 (permalink)
    That's Best Buy's official website ! EVGA suggest you to buy your GPU from them !!! And best buy dont sell Any high end graphic card directly by itself. 
    If you purchase it from them you will have to get it from their market place, simple !

post edited by B35t_Hunt3r - 2017/09/08 05:13:06
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 05:31:13 (permalink)
    B35t_Hunt3r
    That's Best Buy's official website ! EVGA suggest you to buy your GPU from them !!! And best buy dont sell Any high end graphic card directly by itself. 
    If you purchase it from them you will have to get it from their market place, simple !

Bestbuy US website, i don't see any 3rd party sellers or marketplace listed on the left hand side. 

Funny how the moderators on here give someone a BR for telling you this is a "hard lesson learned".

B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 05:36:53 (permalink)
    Well that's his opinion ! but as far as I know Amazon, Neweggs and NCIX does the same thing !
    they sell a lot of their products via their Market Place !!! including EVGA's products, so it means EVGA and those sites screwed thousands of clients since apparently we cant use their optional promotions.
    Best Buy Canada sell a lot of things with their market place, but who and where it was mentioned about not being an authorized seller ? and why EVGA in their " where to buy " page tells you to buy from them ? I dont get it
    post edited by B35t_Hunt3r - 2017/09/08 05:39:36
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 05:50:43 (permalink)
    I clearly showed the Canada bestbuy website ,and link .Sorry that escaped your view. But it does show...sold and shipped by.And it is not shipped or sold by Best Buy. So common sense and reading would inform anyone reading the product page for each item it is NOT being sold by Best Buy. No way around not reading. Claiming a person did not know,when clearly the person can read the card is what they searched for is ridiculous. 

B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 05:57:41 (permalink)
    Well its rediculus that u dont read what we said !! I write is again!!
    IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE EVGA GPU FROM BEST BUY WHICH IS RECOMMENDED BY EVGA, YOU HAVE TO BUY IT FROM THEIR MARKET PLACE !! UNDERSTAND?!?!
    And its said in no place thats wrong or not an authorized seller !! So i think u may need to study and understand more about things and learn from them my friend !
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 06:19:06 (permalink)
    key words :PURCHASE EVGA GPU FROM BEST BUY:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-superclocked-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5450703.p?skuId=5450703 
    Sold by BestBuy 
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-sc-gaming-acx-3-0-led-8gb-256-bit-gddr5-1x-dvi-d-1x-hdmi-2-0-3x-displayport-1784-mhz-08g-p4-6173/11425617.aspx?            Sold by Aero Malls Inc.

The facts remain.
    Sorry you did not bother to read something but it does not change the fact,at the time bestbuy in Canada had NO evga cards to sell directly.You chose to ignore that and assume something that was clearly posted on the webpage. The only person,company at fault sadly is you for not reading details and understanding what they mean.

Attached Image(s)

BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 06:26:53 (permalink)
    And to totally end this discussion ill leave you with the last and only fact that puts your entire claim to 0.0% validity .

Attached Image(s)

B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 06:34:09 (permalink)
    Well again u just answered ur own questions and proved your validity!!
    As shown in this picture best buy is authorized to buy stuff 😄
    If EVGA knows bestbuy dont have or sell their products directly why would they suggest you their website !?
    I think u have understanding problem my friend or just trying to give negative vibes to other people for your own profits!! Who knows who you really are ? 🤔😊
    Anyways thanks for ur opinion
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 06:37:01 (permalink)
    you clearly lack reading skills CANADA BEST BUY IS NOT AUTHORIZED SELLER.....

"I purchased my 1070 FTW a month ago from Best Buy Canada's website."
    post edited by BioHazardSperm - 2017/09/08 06:42:07

Attached Image(s)

B35t_Hunt3r
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 07:07:11 (permalink)
    Again thanks for your opinion 😊
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 07:46:44 (permalink)
    Not sure if you have real issues with reading or not.but i will spell it out in detail for you in simple steps you should understand.
    1 you bought a EVGA GTX 1070 from the Best Buy Canada website
    2 Best Buy Canada is NOT on the EVGA approved seller list

https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspxlist

3. It is not my opinion ,it is a fact that you did not read the approved sellers list for Canada,otherwise you would know BestBuy.ca is NOT a authorized seller.

No opinion,just straight forward facts you can not seem to understand
    post edited by BioHazardSperm - 2017/09/08 07:48:46

Attached Image(s)

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 07:47:29 (permalink)
    Purchasing from a 3rd party reseller on NewEgg.com will not afford you the same privileges as purchasing directly from newegg.com

Purchasing from a 3rd party reseller on Amazon.com does not afford you the same privileges as purchasing directly from Amazon.com

This is the same scenario. Best buy, Amazon, and NewEgg are all authorized dealers. 3rd party resellers from those sites are not. Many people run into this issue when they purchase from an 3rd party reseller without reading who they are purchasing from. 3rd party resellers are not authorized, even when the purchase is from an authorized dealer site..
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/09/08 09:31:57
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 07:51:26 (permalink)
    Maybe under the authorized seller list BestBuy.Ca is listed in Canadian only color or something ?

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 08:15:47 (permalink)
    BioHazardSperm
    Not sure if you have real issues with reading or not.but i will spell it out in detail for you in simple steps you should understand.
    1 you bought a EVGA GTX 1070 from the Best Buy Canada website
    2 Best Buy Canada is NOT on the EVGA approved seller list

https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspxlist

3. It is not my opinion ,it is a fact that you did not read the approved sellers list for Canada,otherwise you would know BestBuy.ca is NOT a authorized seller.

No opinion,just straight forward facts you can not seem to understand

A person can't tell that when shopping on nationwide retailer website. It doesn't say if you buy from a 3rd party on our marketplace, you will miss out on evga optional programs. It can take evga many months to update it's website to show latest authorized sellers. When GTX 1080 first came out, B&H Photo video was selling them, but they weren't listed as authorized seller on evga website, that took months for evga to add them.

B35t_Hunt3r let this sit in, evga rep gave one of it's volunteers a Blue Ribbon (2 evga bucks) for telling you "it's a hard lesson learned", what's that say about evga corporation.

It's within evga power to make an exception from time to time, when customers make an honest mistakes.  Taking care of customers is how you keep them as future customers.

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 08:43:23 (permalink)
    I apologize for the confusion. Unfortunately marketplace sellers are almost never authorized retailers for our graphics cards; as mentioned earlier in the thread, as an example a card shipped by and sold by Amazon.com would be fine, but a card sold by some other company on the Amazon marketplace likely wouldn't be. Many companies now operate a marketplace for products; these function much more like eBay than an actual storefront, except the prices are fixed. For this reason, we will likely deny a step-up request for products purchased from these sellers. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 08:53:21 (permalink)
    EVGATech_BrandonS
    I apologize for the confusion. Unfortunately marketplace sellers are almost never authorized retailers for our graphics cards; as mentioned earlier in the thread, as an example a card shipped by and sold by Amazon.com would be fine, but a card sold by some other company on the Amazon marketplace likely wouldn't be. Many companies now operate a marketplace for products; these function much more like eBay than an actual storefront, except the prices are fixed. For this reason, we will likely deny a step-up request for products purchased from these sellers. 

Thank you for stepping in with the official answer.

MSim, while it may be an honest mistake, EVGA doesn't control how a third party acquires their stock. Also, EVGA usually doesn't hand out any ribbons. That is typically done by moderators. I do not know who issued a ribbon, but it was a direct answer to the OP, which was meant to be helpful. EVGA authorization list says authorized dealers. It does not say authorized marketplace retailer through an authorized dealer.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/09/08 08:58:08
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 09:46:18 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    EVGATech_BrandonS

Thank you for stepping in with the official answer.

MSim, while it may be an honest mistake, EVGA doesn't control how a third party acquires their stock. Also, EVGA usually doesn't hand out any ribbons. That is typically done by moderators. I do not know who issued a ribbon, but it was a direct answer to the OP, which was meant to be helpful. EVGA authorization list says authorized dealers. It does not say authorized marketplace retailer through an authorized dealer.

EVGA authorized seller list is know for being outdated and doesn't always show all the authorized sellers. As you know, evga moderators are considered representatives of evga corporations, how they act and carry out their duties (giving BR's) reflects on evga corporation. How does that look for evga rep to give a volunteer a Blue Ribbon for a reply that says "this is a hard lesson learned". That should of never happened, it makes it look evga doesn't care about it's customers. 

This isn't the first or the last customer to make the mistake buying evga product, without checking to make sure the seller is on the authorized sellers list. Consumers think if it's on a nationwide retailers website everything is fine. This should show evga management they need to do more to protect customers. EVGA could reach out to Best Buy, Amazon and Newegg to have them alert customers on each website marketplace, that they could be missing out on evga optional programs.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 10:09:14 (permalink)
    I did not get a BR for my last "Lesson Learned" Post
    So this shows that they are not give out all the time.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/09/08 10:17:43

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 10:14:41 (permalink)
    MSim

EVGA authorized seller list is know for being outdated and doesn't always show all the authorized sellers. As you know, evga moderators are considered representatives of evga corporations, how they act and carry out their duties (giving BR's) reflects on evga corporation. How does that look for evga rep to give a volunteer a Blue Ribbon for a reply that says "this is a hard lesson learned". That should of never happened, it makes it look evga doesn't care about it's customers. 

This isn't the first or the last customer to make the mistake buying evga product, without checking to make sure the seller is on the authorized sellers list. Consumers think if it's on a nationwide retailers website everything is fine. This should show evga management they need to do more to protect customers. EVGA could reach out to Best Buy, Amazon and Newegg to have them alert customers on each website marketplace, that they could be missing out on evga optional programs.

Nowhere does it say "Best Buy marketplace". It says Best buy. There is a difference. Just like Nvidia promotions.. amazon.ca is authorized... amazon.com is not, but users overlook that.

Believe it or not, BrandonS answered the questions. Unfortunately, it isn't up for interpretation because of our beliefs.

The Canada Authorized online dealers are:
    AMAZON.CA
    CANADA COMPUTERS
    DIRECT CANADA
    MEMORY EXPRESS
    NCOX.COM
    NEWEGG CANADA

The CANADA authorized retailers are:
    CANADA COMPUTERS
    MEMORY EXPRESS
    NCIX.COM

The authorized CANADA system builders are:
    (Section left blank intentionally, as there are none listed).

The Authorized CANADA Distibutors are:
    ASI CANADA
    D&H CANADA
    DAIWA
    SYNNEX CANADA

If you take notice, the OP did not reference this list, as it is in alphabetical order, and there are no B's in the list. That would rule out best buy and the third party reseller. So, the argument you have placed is limited to much more than buying off of an unauthorized marketplace. The closest country (outside of the USA) with a "B" is Latin America, which has Banifox. My guess is that this conversation is just going to continue in the exact same direction, so I will leave it be at that.

B35t_Hunt3r
    Hi guys, 
    I purchased my 1070 FTW a month ago from Best Buy Canada's website. I applied for the step up Program to upgrade it to a 1080 since the 1070 dont suite my needs and I'm in the waiting list !
    But I heard because its written on my invoice " Sold and shipped by Aero Malls Inc. Best Buy market place" they may not approve my case ! since EVGA may not recognize it as an authorized seller !! I mean if that happens why would that be my issue ? I bought my GPU from Best Buy's website and where Best Buy gets their products cant be my problem  I know this Aero Malls Inc. is selling variety of computer products including EVGA products on the Newegg and Amazon also.
    Does anybody had any similar experience ? Any suggestions ? 
    Thanks
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/09/08 10:18:23
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 10:20:45 (permalink)
    Put yourself in the OP shoes, new evga customer comes here to post about an issue, ask what are his options. He gets rude reply by a evga volunteer. That new customer sees that same volunteer get rewarded for saying "it's a hard lesson learned".  Is that anyway to treat a customer.

Nothing on bestbuy.ca website says if you buy from a 3rd party seller, you won't be able to take advantage of evga optional program, so i don't see how that customer failed to pay attention to the clear details.

This has become a common issue that evga refuses to address.  Hopefully the op can get a refund from his credit card company.

MattyMattMatt
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 112
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 10:35:59 (permalink)
    MSimPut yourself in the OP shoes, new evga customer comes here to post about an issue, ask what are his options. He gets rude reply by a evga volunteer. That new customer sees that same volunteer get rewarded for saying "it's a hard lesson learned".  Is that anyway to treat a customer.
    The responses didn't become rude until OP repeatedly refused to accept blatant facts.

MSimNothing on bestbuy.ca website says if you buy from a 3rd party seller, you won't be able to take advantage of evga optional program, so i don't see how that customer failed to pay attention to the clear details.
    It has never been the vendor's responsibility to point out an optional program that EVGA offers. Most places don't advertise it even though they are approved vendors for the program.

MSimThis has become a common issue that evga refuses to address.  Hopefully the op can get a refund from his credit card company.
    EVGA has addressed it. Third party sellers like those found at amazon, bestbuy, newegg, ebay, kijiji, craigslist, etc, are not authorized.

Associate Code: C0RZOAF57R3JE6B
    Elite Member ID: MXFACO40E1XPINUAY3X
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 10:37:43 (permalink)
    MSim
    Put yourself in the OP shoes, new evga customer comes here to post about an issue, ask what are his options. He gets rude reply by a evga volunteer. That new customer sees that same volunteer get rewarded for saying "it's a hard lesson learned".  Is that anyway to treat a customer.

Nothing on bestbuy.ca website says if you buy from a 3rd party seller, you won't be able to take advantage of evga optional program, so i don't see how that customer failed to pay attention to the clear details.

This has become a common issue that evga refuses to address.  Hopefully the op can get a refund from his credit card company.

Yeah, you're are correct. Except the part where best buy isn't authorized at all. Please reference the authorized list one more time.

The OP assumed that Best Buy was authorized (which is isn't/wasn't) and that a third party on the assumed authorized site was also authorized (after realizing it was a third party).. but from step one, it was never an authorized site. It may seem rude, but what would you call that?

I have forwarded up the request to add an asterisk saying that third party sellers on an authorized site are not authorized, as it isn't apparent that 3rd party sellers are not authorized in any circumstance.

*edit* like MattyMattMatt points out... It also is never the retailers job to point out a flaw in the plan of another vendor's optional program.

It's in the OP's best interest to purchase only from authorized retailers in the future.. This is a good lesson for future prospects of any program that requires an authorized retailer, to include step-up, extended warranties, EAR, and so on...
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/09/08 10:42:24
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    Re: Authorized Sellers ! 2017/09/08 10:51:27 (permalink)
    I cant wait for the thread that demands non authorized sellers marketplace sellers need to be clarified.... sigh

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile