Author
KLEYBA
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 936
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 12
2010/10/25 05:57:06 (permalink)
POLL:
Who here is going to do the molex mod instead of RMA'ing it when the "meltdown" hapens? 

the e770 would probably be the replacement?  

for the e759 owneres, do you feel like it's a downgrade?  upgrade?

pics of your mod?

post edited by KLEYBA - 2010/10/27 13:52:33

151 Replies Related Threads

KMoore4318
    Pistoj Doulos Unum Pluribus
    • Total Posts : 17850
    • Ribbons : 238
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/25 08:51:14 (permalink)
      I belive the RMA has only been offered to People that HAVE had the issue, ( not to people that might have the issue ) Correct me if I am wrong, Has anyone RMAed just for the fun of it ?

When I E-mailed EVGA about it; my response was that this isue affects less than 2% of board owners, and only affects those with  specific set ups, or componants, although no information was provided as to what that set up is, or those componants are/were . Personaly I feel like the 759 is a better board, and the 770, a step down, with it's only advantage being the Sata 3 USB3 connectors, and Marvell being less than a ideal solution at this time.

For now the 3(16X ) slots are not fully utilized by any card on the market, with the diferance from 16X to 8X being minimal at best, ( about 2%) but that does not mean that more bandwidth will not be available with future cards, ( making the NF200 chip much more appealing.)

I plan on doing the Mod, should it become necessary for me to do so, and have started preparing my molex connector, ( see below ) but since I haven't bought my graphics card yet for my 759, i will just wait on EVGA's response, and see what Kepler offers as a alternative, who knows the smaller die, may provide additional performance at a better power to performance ratio. besides waiting on Kepler, may actualy give EVGA time to respond to our concerns, with a more compleate, and instructive answer, or for prices to drop.  ( they already have once )

post edited by KMoore4318 - 2010/10/25 11:07:50

Just clink Link to Register >  My Affiliate Code:VTJPDC4OMB 
    1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    2)980X AX1200 E760(77) 980 ti
    3) E770 (77)2(590) SLI AX1200 
    4) X299 FTW K, 9980XE 2 2080 supers on AX1200
    Fendulon
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 353
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/25 09:50:14 (permalink)
    Well if I have the problem I'd certainly take the upgrade to the e770. As of right now my board is actually being RMAed for a separate reason. I won't be doing the molex mod though. I MIGHT consider it if I end up with a few GTX480s, MAYBE.

Mobo: EVGA e760 x58 Classified
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.4hz  
    GPU: EVGA GTX 570 HD
    RAM: 12gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz 
    PSU: In Win Commander 1200w
    Case: Custom Black Walnut Case
    HDDs: 10.25tb for storage and 2x Corsair Force GT 120gb in Raid 0
    Sound Card: HT Omega Striker 7.1
    Water Cooling: Swiftech Apogee XT, Koolance Classified Blocks, 2x Feser X-Changer 360, MCP-355
    YerBuddy
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8919
    • Ribbons : 59
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/25 10:11:04 (permalink)
    I might consider doing this with my 759 just because I want to keep the board for nastalgic reasons.  However, I have one 760 that is able to step up to the 770 because it's still under the time frame.  I've already been accepted for the step up and will be mailing that board out tomorrow.  I also have an older 760 that will be for sale soon.  I went ahead and purchased a 770 to replace that one and hopefully get some cash back when I sell it.  I already have two friends that want it so I'm not really worried about that.

Bottom line:  I refuse to do a molex mod (or any mod) that should have been done by the manufacturer.  I'm only saying that because I don't feel comfortable doing it.  I can put water blocks on boards/cards, and do any number of things like that, but messing with electrical and soldering is not in my bag of tricks...yet.
    linuxrouter
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8043
    • Ribbons : 104
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/25 10:27:16 (permalink)
    When I finally get around to upgrading to the 480 card from the 295, I think I will check the 24-pin wires to see if these wires are hot to the touch with the GPU under load. I don't think I would consider doing this mod unless it is really necessary. I plan to stick with the 759 for now and probably would not go with more than one or two 480's. More than likely one to start with since I plan to keep my 8800GT for the component out.

CaseLabs M-S8 - ASRock X99 Pro - Intel 5960x 4.2 GHz - XSPC CPU WC - EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid SLI - Samsung 950 512GB - EVGA 1600w Titanium
    Affiliate Code: OZJ-0TQ-41NJ
    Alucard666
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6164
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/25 19:14:03 (permalink)
    I have a e759 classy and I'm debating on upgrading to the e770 or waiting for the next generation of procs and mobos....

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB Crucial Ballistix PRO RGB 3600mhz| ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC | ASUS X570i STRIX | 2TB Sabrent Rockit M.2 SSD| NZXT H1 w Ghost Sheets Mesh Front | Noctua 140mm & 2 40mm | Samsung Odyssey G7 32" | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Logitech G915 | SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless | Logitech G560 RGB Speakers |
    5thduke
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3343
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/25 22:47:59 (permalink)
    im riding it out with my e760 what a PITA to do the mod it will be for me ,check my rig.i bought this mb thinking it was the best EVGA had to offer the 480s ?what other mb was out apart from the 4way since the fermi release.rant finished. now im putting my faith in EVGA that they did a percentage fail thing ie we have  sold 80.000 units but have only had under 1 percent with 24 pin problems .anyways an official response from EVGA would be nice.

never attempt to remove a fly from your friends head with a meat cleaver .  

paintballer1388
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 05:43:16 (permalink)
    Like everyone else is saying until they upgrade to the 480's then maybe but right now on the E759 board i am only running one xfx 5850 so there for i am not doing the molex mod. I might be going crossfire X or might be selling this card. But ATI cards don't pull as many watts as nvidia cards. If people are running 3 way crossfire X i don't think they would have the 24 pin problem. But when you get around to 2 gtx 480's i would watch the 24pin and even running 3 way sli i would check or even put a temp sensor on it just to make sure. For me if i go the ATI way i am not going to be doing the mod. All the mod does is split the wattage between two spot. But those 2 pins in the board are still going to get hot. Its like saying instead of the power going through one way is not going through 2 way but still ends at a single point. Isn't that one single point this going to get HOT. But a lot of people say it works so i am not going to say it doesn't. Just watch the 24pin is all i am saying.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 07:21:10 (permalink)
    Last week I called on the potential RMA exchange... They are not doing it. A few did get the option. But that is that.

When I RMA'd my 759 last week, it was because four of the eight USB's on the back panel had been causing me a headache for a while. Decided during this process that I wanted to build a new system for gaming specifically, and decided to sell my fresh RMA'd 759. And today my E770 should be here.

I would not add the Molex if I did keep it. I have pushed that 759 to the limits and never had any overheating, and the 24 pin was as clean looking as the day I un-boxed it.

Sometimes stuff happens. And one company tech will blame another (Comp/Tech).

And why no one has brought up this point I will never know... I remember when the 759 was officially introduced... EVGA Mentioned the reason they put two 8-pin connectors on the MOBO for the CPU was the concern of the power draw from the single 8-pin and the 24 pin in high OC conditions. At the time they had been if not the first close to it with that kind of thinking forward.

Just my thoughts on the RMA.... You cannot go back to Ford and sue them or demand for a new 3/4 ton truck because two years ago you bought a 1/2 truck and now today's "Stuff" that you put on it creates the need for a 3/4 ton... I mean come on...

And lastly.... I have asked this and no one has yet to respond... Has anyone done a set of "Controlled" tests to see if the hesitation/FPS drops in heavy scenes/stuttering we see is reduced or even eliminated by using the extra power from the molex on the mobo's that have this option? Compared to not using the Molex?

paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 07:28:25 (permalink)
    Same Afterburner. Can anyone do this test with and without the molex mod and does it help or is it a total @#$@%#^#$^$ lol
    dmoheban
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1506
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 07:39:14 (permalink)
    Can someone explain what this business about a molex mod on an e759 is all about?

Curious e759 owner...

Thanks.

Associate Code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ
    paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 08:07:26 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 08:46:33 (permalink)
    Afterburner

Just my thoughts on the RMA.... You cannot go back to Ford and sue them or demand for a new 3/4 ton truck because two years ago you bought a 1/2 truck and now today's "Stuff" that you put on it creates the need for a 3/4 ton... I mean come on...

I beg to differ
    This is a very serious issue, its a known fire hazard. If my 760 was a truck, it would be officially recalled.
    These motherboards are sold as overclocking capable (without restriction) and no notice of what videocard configs will cause a failure. 

EVGA is taking a HUGE risk by failing to properly outline this issue for its customers. Lets not forget "how" this board is STILL sold today (as it was when I bought mine) as fully 3-way SLI capable in a overclocking config, WITHOUT any restrictions noted or warnings given as to voltage restrictions/use, its known destruction of components...
    --->and the CLEAR -Fire Hazard- these boards represent.

Selling a defective product that you KNOW can be a fire hazard, that you KNOW can destroy components... Is unethical and also --> illegal in the USA.

I understand "why" EVGA has made its decisions on this issue (it's the money)...

Someone at EVGA needs to wake up and get some sound legal advice. The path that EVGA has taken on this issue is exposing the company to tremendous legal risks, both civil -and- criminal.
    Just think what a good Tort lawyer would do to EVGA if one of these defective boards burnt down a house while folding one night, and killed someone....
    Then there is the issue of all the other hardware destroyed by this defect... which EVGA is clearly responsible for.

I just spent $1000 on a SLI upgrade and new 1200w PSU with the intent of doing some serious overclocking. I was completly unaware of this issue and am very angry about it. I could have bought a new MB if I had known about this....

Lets be clear, because of EVGA's actions and inactions on this issue... EVGA is now "responsible" for any 24pin damage to my system. If anything happens to my motherboard, powersupply or components EVGA will be completly responsible for it.
    -->If they have any problem with that, then they need to MOD my board or give me a replacement.

I am giving very serious thought to officially reporting this issue, since it seems that EVGA wants to go "cheap" reguarding the known defect and fire hazard with my motherboard.
    At this time, I cannot run my computer and videocards as it was sold to me. EVGA has not even bothered to notifiy me of this defect.. I had to read about it from other users.

I find Afterburner's quoted post above offensive. If I bought a truck that caught fire in my garage, it would be recalled... right? And all owners of that model of truck would be officially told of the problem and their trucks would be fixed...right?

I love my 760 and I really dont want to replace it. But I also dont want my system burning up at the 24pin and possibly taking other components with it.
    The board is defective as it was sold to me, the fact that its failure rate is 2-3% seems to have made EVGA think that it doesnt really have to address this issue.

If anything happens to my motherboard or components, EVGA will find that in the case of this user (me), that they will not be getting a "pass" on replacing anything that is damaged or destroyed. And if I have even the slightest problems with replacments for any damage caused by this defect, I will sue the hell out of EVGA.

Mod my board, sent me a non-defective replacement... or deal with your responsiblities for the choices you have made on this issue.

EVGA needs to tell me what exact configs and voltage will cause this board to fail, or it needs to replace my motherboard -period-.

It's like Afterburner said... If you want to run a 3/4 ton truck(EVGA) on bald tires (because your cheap) dont be suprised when you get a blowout.

EVGA needs to get some better legal advice on just what position it's handling of this issue has placed it in.
    -Legally and morally- Its exposure at this point is risking the company more money than its saving.

Notify the owners of these boards and repair or replace them.

*lets be clear on the facts.
    These motherboards cost EVGA less than $150 to make, yet they sell for close to $400
    --> Replacing these defective boards would not cost EVGA -anything- but some profit...
    How fricken greedy is that?
    May God have no mercy on them and the courts destroy them, if one of these defective boards goes up in flames and kills someone.
    As we have seen from the pictures of this defect, it is real possibilty... 

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 09:24:13

KMoore4318
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 10:04:47 (permalink)
    I'm not as " FIRED UP " as the guy above ( pun intended ); I do not need a RMA, or parts replaced , just information. What is the cause, can it be avoided, If it's recomended we avoid the 480, or even the 470, If so, so  be it, just put it out, Does EVGA recomend the mod, or discourage it ? If the fix is only use 460's or below, I can live with that, if the fix is do the mod, I can live with that, If the fix is run it to see if it burns up, or burns down the house, I'm not sure I'm willing to take the risk , to see if me ,or my daughter, can live with that.  and not willing to try it to find out. I do wish EVGA would post something official, even if it's just , we are still reviewing it, and expect an answer by ( any date ) .come on Joe, or Jacob, Just asking for a reliable source, of first hand information, and facts, so all this speculation, can be avoided.

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    KLEYBA
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 936
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 10:10:32 (permalink)
    I guess the reason why I ask is for those who have experienced a "meltdown,"  and I am one of them x3, with this board, is the risk less then the rewards?  I was also curious to see who's gonna do it and if they have pics of their work.
    the reason why is burns has already been discussed.  it's the proaction that I was wondering about. 

perhaps we could share ideas on how to do this mod....
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 10:22:46 (permalink)
    EVGA has posted -nothing- about this issue.

There is -no- official information from EVGA on the causes of these meltdowns.

EVGA has not posted any notices or warnings of anykind about this problem. 

There have been no postings from EVGA about doing this Mod or how it will effect the warrenty.

It is clear the failure rate is low. It is also clear that EVGA would like this issue to go away quietly and cheaply.

Untill something official is posted, perhaps all EVGA management should be required to place untested 759 and 760 motherboards with overclocked SLI and TRI-SLI videocards in their children's bedrooms and fold them 24/7.....

As anyone who has read this thread (and others), that would NOT be a good idea...   

THATS THE POINT. EVGA needs to find the issue and post the exact failure modes -or- recall/replace these motherboards.

For right now, EVGA needs to STICKY a post about this issue and keep everyone who bought these boards informed
    -AND- place warning stickers on "new" products that SLI and TRI-SLI in high volt overclocked configs can result in 24pin meltdowns and fire hazard. It also needs to send out e-mails to all registered users of these boards outlining the problem and the dangers posed by the defect.

EVGA should repair/replace any registered owners defective motherboard on request. 

It's the right thing to do 

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 10:41:02

paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:00:41 (permalink)
    I myself just bought the E759 not knowing that this problem has happened and is still happing to others. EVGA did not say anything ABOUT THIS. I bought the E759 off b-stock and it only has a 90 day warranty. I asked someone at EVGA if i could buy a extended warranty and NO. I Still have the upgrade and i am really thinking about taking that upgrade. I leave my computer on over night while games download and what not. The bottom line i always leave my computer on and walk away. Knowing that there are 4 people in my house all the time just blows my mind. My computer takes fire. JUST WOW. I don't know what board to upgrade to because i though this would be my last upgrade board and i always wanted this board for all 16x speed. I would feel a little better if i could take out a exstended warranty or if EVGA posted something about this OR DID SOMETHING!!! COME ON EVGA !!! Should i take this upgrade or stick with my board. I ONLY have 90 days. JOKE 
    KMoore4318
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:03:26 (permalink)
    Check out http://www.evga.com/stepup/,
  • Only motherboards carrying a limited lifetime will be eligible, with the exception of boards in systems from an approved vendor.  if I am not mistaken, it's limited to A1 products. also Step up would be the diference between the price you paid, and the board your getting, so if you got a sweet deal on the B-stock, it wouldn't help you much on the step-up.
    post edited by KMoore4318 - 2010/10/26 12:11:06

•   
    1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:08:16 (permalink)
    I was looking in the set up program and one board they have is the classified 3 with the molex built in all ready. i dont know the prices and that stuff but i am thinking about it. If i bought a b-stock item and step up to a classified 3 do i still get 90 day warranty
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:10:42 (permalink)
    paintballer1388

I was looking in the set up program and one board they have is the classified 3 with the molex built in all ready. i dont know the prices and that stuff but i am thinking about it. If i bought a b-stock item and step up to a classified 3 do i still get 90 day warranty

You kind of missed the intent of the above post by KMoore... B-Stocks do no qualify in any way shape or form for the Step up program. Only model numbers ending A1 (Most of the time USA Specific here) do.

paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:17:11 (permalink)
    then why does it give me the option to step up then.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:20:54 (permalink)
    maniacvvv

I find Afterburner's quoted post above offensive. If I bought a truck that caught fire in my garage, it would be recalled... right? And all owners of that model of truck would be officially told of the problem and their trucks would be fixed...right?

Well if that is the case then there is a good chance that you are being over sensitive right now. My intent is an example of hundreds of thousands I could have used. And it is how I feel about it. Take it or leave it. There is simply nothing written there that is offensive in nature at all.

I know for a fact that if there is found to be an actual issue with the MOBO's that EVGA will do what is in the best interest of the clients. They have proven that over and over and over again. Seriously! Even when there has not been an actual issue caused by EVGA they have stepped up and fixed it. So why do we not just give them a chance before they are Judged and Juryed shall we?

Over glorifying a yet to be and may never be found to be a true issue does not help. Demanding and jumping up and down does not either. Having said that.. squeaky wheels with articulated/mature approaches do in the long run.

Remember, I do not work for EVGA. I am just like 99.9 % of everyone else here. I have a family and do not want anymore bad things to happen. But if I really thought that these MOBO's would burn down my home... I guaranty you I would be on the phone with Joe and not be writing a wall of text on the forums.

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:22:30 (permalink)
    paintballer1388

When you registered the MOBO... Did you tell the system where you bought it? It has a selection for the B-Stock. And this is one reason they ask for the invoice to be uploaded and they verify the "Qualifying" of each Step-up Submitted...

P.S. Pm me if you have anymore questions.. We got off topic, but I do want to help you if you need any further help

paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:25:42 (permalink)
    ooops sorrry
    KMoore4318
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:28:28 (permalink)
    paintballer1388

You can always try if you wish, I'm just saying don't be disapointed if it does not go through. I bought mine from B-stock and registered it as such, I even selected EVGA as the source, and uploaded my invoice,  but it still showed up under my regestration with step up,  But the bad thing about trying to step up from B-stock, is the Savings are already figured in the price you paid, so finding the diferance, would mean you pay actual price for what you steped up too, kinda defeats the purpose of the step up, or your purchase of B-Stock. as you would loose any saveing, when the new price is calculated, assuming they let it go through, and I suspect they might, since the only one loosing saveings would be the person doing the step up. 

post edited by KMoore4318 - 2010/10/26 12:47:57

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:28:58 (permalink)
    If anyone has a fan controller that can display temps i would attach one of the sensors to the 24-pin to see how hot it gets. It would be interesting to see that info.

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:31:19 (permalink)
    Its called fraud

"a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain"

So is selling a motherboard with a known defect and NOT disclosing that defect to the buyer.

I belive EVGA's hopes of containing this issue, are blown...

They should have quietly replaced these motherboards and not attempted to resell them without proper disclosure.

*Here are the Specs on the 760 being sold today at EVGA
    (no mention whatsoever of running dual or Tri 400 series cards, as being out of spec for the motherboard)

QUOTE:
    Performance
    Based on Intel X58/ICH10R chipset
    Supports Intel Core i7 Processors
    133MHz+ QPI
    Memory
    6 x 240-pin DIMM sockets
    Triple Channel DDR3
    Maximum of 24GB of DDR3 1600MHz+
    Expansion Slot
    4 x PCIe x16/x8, 1 x PCIe x1
    1 x 32-bit PCI, support for PCI 2.1
    Storage I/O
    1 x UltraDMA133
    9 x Serial ATA 300MB/sec with support for RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 0+1, RAID5, JBOD
    Integrated Peripherals
    8 Channel High Definition
    2 x 10/100/1000
    Multi I/O
    1 x PS2 Keyboard
    12 x USB2.0 ports (8 external + 4 internal headers)
    Audio connector (Line-in, Line-out, MIC)
    FireWire 1394A (1 external)
    Form Factor
    EATX Form Factor
    Length: 12in – 304.8mm
    Width: 10.375in – 263.5mm
    Product Warranty
    This product comes with a Limited Lifetime warranty with registration within 30 days of purchase.
    Notes:
    The ULTIMATE in X58 motherboards is here! The EVGA X58 Classified raises the bar for enthusiast grade motherboards everywhere.

With never before seen features such as 3-way SLI + PhysX + 1x PCIe device on a single board, 2 8pin +12V connectors capable of delivering 600 watts of power, 10 phase Digital PWM with a switching frequency of up to 1333KHz, three times the amount of normal gold content in the CPU socket and much, much more.

The EVGA X58 Classified motherboard is engineered for those who demand more than just the best!

-->CLOSE QUOTE

Thats called factual misrepresentation of a product for a given purpose, when the seller KNOWS that information to be false and misleading....

EVGA is aware of the issue and is choosing to ignore it and contuinuing to sell these boards with a KNOWN problem.

Hey, EVGA...  did you really think you would get lucky forever?

Whatever happens... you brought it on yourself.
    Remember, as customers it is up to EVGA to correctly spec their products -and- update that information.
    You have totally failed to do so.

paintballer1388
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 12:34:15 (permalink)
    kmoore mine doesn't say a1. mines ends in something else
    dmoheban
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1506
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 13:36:05 (permalink)
    If this is true they should recall these boards of offer something to everyone who bought this board. If its also a risk of damaging thousands of dollars of equipment they need to step up to the plate and address this issue. I for one bought this board at a premium the first week it came out and expected it to handle future upgrades including the 480GTX in SLI.

Anyhow I still don't understand how modding the 24 pin plug prevents a meltdown of the 24 pin socket? I mean the same amps are being pulled through it correct?

Thanks.

Associate Code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ
    KMoore4318
    Re:Are you going to do the MOLEX MOD? e759 / e760 owners 2010/10/26 13:48:48 (permalink)
    In series curent is a constant, but in paralel, it adds, the total curent of a circuit is the curent added at each point, See http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_5/6.html  The 24 pin plug is protected because not as much curent has to pass that point, yet the cards get the power because they draw from multaple sources,

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile