Afterburner has put out an APB...

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 38
Author
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 110
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 06:14:46 (permalink)
When I started this thread the idea was to help better define what a BR quality post looks like. There is no definitive set guideline. There are suggestions. In the past 11 pages of this thread we have demonstrated this.

However I have repeatedly stated than one or two sentence answers hardly ever will get a BR from me. That does not mean another MOD would agree with me.

I am looking for this...

• Honest full detail help that results in a positive experience for everyone that ends in a solution to the issue.
  • I am not a fan pf spamers
  • "How to's" that are about our hobby here not a how to plant Tomato's or some silly crap.
  • "Feel good threads" NOT SPAM. A feel good thread is one that helps other community members in a positive manner. 
  • Fully decked out Mod Rigs using EVGA parts with tech tips

These are a few examples along with a subliminal one. The idea behind BR's is for folks to help those with a need in regards to overclocking, settings AKA Technical help. It is not designed for those that jump up and down yelling "Look at me look at me". That actually turns us off and depending on the severity makes that member(s) have very little value in the community beyond comic relief.

Jokes are always good to have... Friendly banter is cool. But none of those are BR worthy.

My hopes with this thread was to give better examples of quality BR posts. It is not designed to give in to pressure of those that "Think" they posted something that "Might" be BR worthy to a MOD and they will PM us all.

In reality.... Tooting your own horn is no issue. But it means far more when it comes from the person you helped

This is a community. BR's are not a contest. They need to be earned. We feel very strong about wanting to give them out. Heck we would give out 100 a day if there where that many "Solid" BR worthy posts every day. Trust me, we wan to give them out.
post edited by Afterburner - 2011/02/17 06:17:37

seabigbear
The Polar Rig Master
  • Total Posts : 20424
  • Ribbons : 61
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 06:26:15 (permalink)
Not trying to get you or anyone else here mad at me but what does this mean: I am not a fan pf spamers 

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:20:05 (permalink)
Afterburner

I actually only had a problem with that line. I mean, i'm all for EVGA but not everyone is. It's kinda biased isn't it? Like say i was gonna get an MSI mobo with this build (big bang) But went with the EVGA one mostly on a whim honestly. I didn't compare or do any extensive research on it. As for GFX cards again I wasn't going to go EVGA this time but after my very wonderful experience with customer support recently I did. But that wouldn't mean i'm not an EVGA fan, or that I wouldn't still fold for the team, I just wouldn't have EVGA parts.

Anyway I'm not trying to argue or nothing just found that biased... They are just guidelines that you (and maybe others) go by and to each his own, also, LONG LIVE EVGA!!!! :)

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

seabigbear
The Polar Rig Master
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:30:08 (permalink)
cdragonm

Afterburner

I actually only had a problem with that line. I mean, i'm all for EVGA but not everyone is. It's kinda biased isn't it? Like say i was gonna get an MSI mobo with this build (big bang) But went with the EVGA one mostly on a whim honestly. I didn't compare or do any extensive research on it. As for GFX cards again I wasn't going to go EVGA this time but after my very wonderful experience with customer support recently I did. But that wouldn't mean i'm not an EVGA fan, or that I wouldn't still fold for the team, I just wouldn't have EVGA parts.

Anyway I'm not trying to argue or nothing just found that biased... They are just guidelines that you (and maybe others) go by and to each his own, also, LONG LIVE EVGA!!!! :)

I hope Afterburner is biased this is EVGA BTW & the forums should represent & reflect EVGA's products, service, it's people, & it's customers!    
post edited by seabigbear - 2011/02/17 07:32:35

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:39:51 (permalink)
seabigbear

cdragonm

Afterburner

I hope Afterburner is biased this is EVGA BTW & the forums should represent & reflect EVGA's products, service, it's people, & it's customers!    

So someone with an ASUS P67 for example shouldn't get a BR, while they only got an ASUS because EVGA's wasn't out?

No, I would rather people not be biased. I would rather people be fair.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

Hypn0t1q79
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 2321
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:43:23 (permalink)
Halo_003

seabigbear

cdragonm

Afterburner

So someone with an ASUS P67 for example shouldn't get a BR, while they only got an ASUS because EVGA's wasn't out?

ive seen people with non evga parts in modsrigs get br's as AB has stated just because he wont give someone a BR dosnt me Rj tweaked etc.... wont give it. i know for a fact that if RJ thinks its a clean nice build he'll give it a br no matter the parts inside.

seabigbear
The Polar Rig Master
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:47:41 (permalink)
Hypn0t1q79

Halo_003

seabigbear

cdragonm

Afterburner

ive seen people with non evga parts in modsrigs get br's as AB has stated just because he wont give someone a BR dosnt me Rj tweaked etc.... wont give it. i know for a fact that if RJ thinks its a clean nice build he'll give it a br no matter the parts inside.

IMO, no one should get A BR if they don't have at lest a EVGA mobo or a EVGA video card in there rig no exceptions!

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:48:25 (permalink)
Oh I know Hypnotic, was just looking for SBBs opinion.

@ SBB, I have to disagree. That would be completely unfair. I know in some places it is difficult or impossible to get EVGA products, so I cannot agree with you.
post edited by Halo_003 - 2011/02/17 07:50:01

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:49:26 (permalink)
AB is not saying that he won't give a BR to a rig unless it has EVGA parts.  He is saying that as EVGA owners/members/moderators, we are excited to see nice builds using EVGA products.  AB is a fair and respectable mod.  Give him the benefit of the doubt.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
seabigbear
The Polar Rig Master
Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:54:44 (permalink)
Halo_003

Oh I know Hypnotic, was just looking for SBBs opinion.

@ SBB, I have to disagree. That would be completely unfair. I know in some places it is difficult or impossible to get EVGA products, so I cannot agree with you.

I guess you don't respect what EVGA & there forums have done for you & others!
I feel that if you use EVGA's forums & don't buy there products you are slapping EVGA in the face!
BTW, if someone can't get EVGA products they should be calling EVGA at:
  • Americas
    888-881-3842
    714-528-4500
  • Europe
    49.89.189.049 11  
    post edited by seabigbear - 2011/02/17 07:58:01

• Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:58:04 (permalink)
    Yeah SBB that's why I have an EVGA card, actually I own 2, and 3 EVGA mobos? Because I don't support EVGA? Come on. It would just be an unfair policy in my opinion, if you don't agree that's fine.

@ AB/Tweaked, I think Retired Professor should get one, here:
    http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=859412

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7806
    • Ribbons : 30
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 07:58:40 (permalink)
    Thanks tweaked. I never wanted to make it seem that he wasn't respectable or anything. I love EVGA but sometimes something else is either more readily available or slightly more in a persons price range. I've been a fan since I got my GTX 280SSC card, and the 750i sli mobo in 09. What interested me most was the warranty and the help found in these threads. I've even gotten 2 BR's and I don't even know why lol

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
    Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:04:46 (permalink)
    Thanks Halo, that was a nice post.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
    Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:07:42 (permalink)
    Np Tweaked, the SR-2 and Overclock/Cooling section always get overlooked IMO, there is really a lot of useful information in those sections.

Btw SBB, if you think I don't support the forums, check out the Get It Colder thread. Where I have posted since about Page 90(I think) on the older forums, and since page 1 on these forums.

seabigbear
    The Polar Rig Master
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:21:32 (permalink)
    Halo_003

Np Tweaked, the SR-2 and Overclock/Cooling section always get overlooked IMO, there is really a lot of useful information in those sections.

Btw SBB, if you think I don't support the forums, check out the Get It Colder thread. Where I have posted since about Page 90(I think) on the older forums, and since page 1 on these forums.

I never said you didn't support the forms I said that people should not get a BR if they post a thread about there rig in Mods Rigs & it does not have at lest a EVGA mobo or a EVGA video card in there rig!
    BTW, Halo you do have both a mobo & video card from EVGA so you do respect & support EVGA! 

Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:29:25 (permalink)
    Ha alright SBB.

I just think that it might make the forums a bit less friendly to other people. Remember BRs count for $, so if someone has a lot it could sway them to get an EVGA card/mobo next time. Take for example, I have nearly 90 EVGA bucks, which gives me 100% certainty my next card will be an EVGA.

In the beginning I actually was gonna get a BFG card, but I got the EVGA 285 on a whim, definitely a good thing since BFG died. That was a sad day. I loved the 280 design of theirs.

thend005
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 625
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:29:36 (permalink)
    http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=858310

basicallyevolve really saved me from getting ripped off at microcenter and i'm very thankful to him and want his small post recognized. 

I'm in the process of building my new rig and the sales guy that tried to push these overpriced products on me was giving me bad advice that I didn't know wasn't true, so I disregarded his advice and have been getting help from forum members here about good deals and high quality products from evga and corsair. The sales guy even told me not to buy evga products because they are discontinuing support, and I would of never known this wasn't true if basicllyevolve didn't tell me about that fan. Haha i guess this just helped me but it made me go back and check all that employees information, and it was all bull... i'm glad I had an evga forum account from way back, <3 you guys.
    post edited by thend005 - 2011/02/17 08:31:36

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev 3.0
    i7 2600k batch# L038A660 5.0ghz @ 1.41v
    2x EVGA GTX vanilla 580s SLI 900mhz/1800/2106 @ 1.1v
    My Affiliate Code: RFD91AUNI3
    seabigbear
    The Polar Rig Master
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:43:02 (permalink)
    thend005

basicallyevolve really saved me from getting ripped off at microcenter and i'm very thankful to him and want his small post recognized. 

I'm in the process of building my new rig and the sales guy that tried to push these overpriced products on me was giving me bad advice that I didn't know wasn't true, so I disregarded his advice and have been getting help from forum members here about good deals and high quality products from evga and corsair. The sales guy even told me not to buy evga products because they are discontinuing support, and I would of never known this wasn't true if basicllyevolve didn't tell me about that fan. Haha i guess this just helped me but it made me go back and check all that employees information, and it was all bull... i'm glad I had an evga forum account from way back, <3 you guys.

EVGA should contact  Microcenter about this sales guy to educate him as well as educating Microcenter, too!
    BTW, basicallyevolve should get a BR for his help!

Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 08:43:19 (permalink)
    http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=859340

Quite a helpful writeup on the Mushkin PSU by Kram.

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 11:23:49 (permalink)
    cdragonm

Afterburner

Happy to respond (Although I see no reason to Tweak is spot on)

You're reading into it far to much. You planning to be an attorney? You're looking for a definitive answer that does not exist. Or a list of black and white rules for BR's. If we go down that path I guaranty you the program will be scrubbed and no one will get BR's ever again.

EVGA gives $2 EVGA bucks every time we give out a BR. It is our responsibility to make sure that the BR's are giving to those that go above and beyond the "Norm". They must carry a value or what do they end up being worth in the end otherwise?

We must have some flexibility, not black and white, or the system will fail us. No I am not saying only EVGA stuff for a MODS Rig. Silly goose. I never said only. In fact I hardly ever give out any Mods Rigs or Post count BR's because I am usually late to that party and another MOD got there first.

But think about it for a minute. How many Mods Rigs are there that have one component of an EVGA part in them vs not? It is not about only having EVGA parts. That is just silly. I still have need seen any EVGA RAM . This is the EVGA site, not ASUS and such. But clearly a lot of folks from all kinds of fan basis come here anyway. And that is what makes a community great. Diversity. So everyone qualifies for BR's

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 11:25:50 (permalink)
    thend005

Done

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 11:28:19 (permalink)
    Halo_003

http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=859340

Quite a helpful writeup on the Mushkin PSU by Kram.

On the edge of MEH... But he did give more info than the norm vs selling someone (Fanboy type response) on it. In other words Done...

But had the "Information" been more of a fanboy "buy it because I like it" that others have expressed in other threads, I would not give a BR for that.

Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 11:44:06 (permalink)
    Thanks AB! 

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:18:01 (permalink)
    Well since everyone else is......

Mountiain bike advice and given in detail to the OP
    http://forums.evga.com...934&mpage=1#854632

explanation of CPU multi switching for the OP
     http://forums.evga.com...761&mpage=1#847550

was personally requested by OP in this thread to assist: then showed him that there is a PCB layout difference between reference and 3GB GTX580s
    http://forums.evga.com...817&mpage=1#846110

Memory data rate explained:
    http://forums.evga.com...024&mpage=1#807129

explained how drivers handle clock with different speeds in SLI:
    http://forums.evga.com...384&mpage=1#764407

detailed explanation of how to enable Surround:
    http://forums.evga.com...143&mpage=1#766585

I could go on and on......so how about it?
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2011/02/17 12:39:17

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    thend005
    SSC Member
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:36:33 (permalink)
    Afterburner

thend005

Done

Thanks afterburner, this was my first time bringing a BR post here. 
    On a side note, I had a talk with the manager at the northern virginia MicroCenter and he formally apologized for the faulty info about EVGA because he himself owns some of their products, and informed me that the employee most likely told me that about EVGA because they were out of stock and he wanted to make a quick sale.  Then he said he will have a talk with him, and ensure that he doesn't misinform any other customers.  Good times. 

So hopefully you should all be seeing more sales from the east coast!  As for me, I really want to try out folding once I can finish my new build, and gotta get up and up on the new tech for a shot at a BR myself.  Take care.   

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:37:15 (permalink)
    Thanks to whom ever handed out the sack of BR's to me

thend005
    SSC Member
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:38:45 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne

lol. 

Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:38:48 (permalink)
    All excellent posts imo Crap, and I have awarded BR's accordingly.  However, I fail to see the need for your sarcasm.  It's as if you are challenging us to see if we will award you a BR or think that they are just run of the mill posts.

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:40:26 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne

Care to share one for being a fan of yours
    Good job and thanks for helping

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:Afterburner has put out an APB... 2011/02/17 12:41:50 (permalink)
    Tweaked

All excellent posts imo Crap, and I have awarded BR's accordingly.  However, I fail to see the need for your sarcasm.  It's as if you are challenging us to see if we will award you a BR or think that they are just run of the mill posts.

No sarcasm was intended, the internet is terrible at conveying any emotion. It was more of me saying "well when in Rome do as the Romans do...."  Since everyone was linking to posts and asking for BR's I figured I may as well and see if you guys thought any of them were worthy.

And thanks for the BR's they are most appreciated
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2011/02/17 12:43:08

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 38
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile