Helpful Reply1080ti ftw3 shipping date

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 42
Author
skyda_Killer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 15:19:47 (permalink)
juvir
Johnny3D
SomeSoldier

Make perfect sense. They didn't get enough cards in. So either they sent all they had out to the people that pre-ordered or they divided them up and sent out a couple of pre-orders and sent the rest to places like Newegg and Amazon. Because if you had to choose between Amazon, Newegg and your individual customers, who would you choose?

I ship out to the customers who purchased from my store. The orders to Newegg, Amazon, and the like should be drop shipped from the factory not sent out from their online store supply. Also, they knew how many pre-orders they had on hand and had a month to prep for it. Assuming they didn't have enough on hand to meet their pre-orders they should have managed expectations a lot earlier than now. And they're barely doing that since there is no official post here in the EVGA forums about it and no email our my inboxes about it. Someone had to dig up a twitter post for us to find out what little we've found out so far. Some good, solid, honest communication would go a LONG way right now.

This makes 0 business sense.  They get more in revenue from big box sellers like Amazon and Newegg than they do from on site purchasers. 

THIS ^^^^^^ + 1

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO WIFI-AC
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 
RAM/Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz 
HDD 1: 512GB Crucial SSD- OS
HDD 2: 4TB HGST- storage
HDD 3: 2TB Hitachi- more storage
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 850 G2
CASE: Corsair 760T (Arctic White)
juvir
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 15:21:11 (permalink)
JPS2K5
juvir
JPS2K5
Looks like this is going to be another **** card instead of FTW... Just like the first batch of 1080's

EDIT: OMG censoring that is sad beyond belief....

Honestly, it's a bit of reverse thinking on your part, to think that because you didn't get your card within seconds of release, that it will effect how good the card is.  It has nothing to do with the hardware, those of you bashing the card due to a ton or pre-orders not being able to be processed within seconds need to relax.  I have a 9 year old with more patience. 

I'm so glad you can mindread and exactly know what I'm thinking. Saves me some time. And you know, it's not like we have any reason to doubt either information or quality coming from EVGA. Nothing bad ever happened... Perhaps you should have consulted your 9 year old before commenting on my post

Once again you prove the point though.  You are expecting the card to not be good simply based on not getting it shipped on an "estimated" date.  It's childish, just like he is.  Maybe you should look up the definition of the word "estimate" and come back once you've learned grownup talk?

Setup:
GPU(s): EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x @4.02ghz
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2, 80+ PLATINUM
CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i Extreme
Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Primary Display: Viotek 34" 3440x1440 @100hz
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma
envymert
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 15:36:05 (permalink)
My order went through at 10:13 and 18 secs , still pre-order
savatage79
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:04:44 (permalink)
envymert
My order went through at 10:13 and 18 secs , still pre-order

Welcome to the after 10:10 Loser Club

4770k - Z87X - 980 ti w/ACX - 16GB - 27" 1440p
MarcusEdits
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:06:03 (permalink)
I believe the last one to go out was 10:12
SoCalAl
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:16:10 (permalink)
End of business day Friday or it will be a cancelled pre-order and lost customer. I'm sick of this. You had over a month to plan for this. Get your $h!t together.
skyda_Killer
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:22:37 (permalink)
I'm cancelling my amazon "pre-order" for the FTW3 if there's no update on stock availability soon (UK). Will likely get the MSI SEA HAWK X instead which I can actually get a little cheaper too. This is borderline absurd. UK/EU customers are treated like trash

Capt_Caveman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:24:55 (permalink)
juvir
Johnny3D
SomeSoldier

Make perfect sense. They didn't get enough cards in. So either they sent all they had out to the people that pre-ordered or they divided them up and sent out a couple of pre-orders and sent the rest to places like Newegg and Amazon. Because if you had to choose between Amazon, Newegg and your individual customers, who would you choose?

I ship out to the customers who purchased from my store. The orders to Newegg, Amazon, and the like should be drop shipped from the factory not sent out from their online store supply. Also, they knew how many pre-orders they had on hand and had a month to prep for it. Assuming they didn't have enough on hand to meet their pre-orders they should have managed expectations a lot earlier than now. And they're barely doing that since there is no official post here in the EVGA forums about it and no email our my inboxes about it. Someone had to dig up a twitter post for us to find out what little we've found out so far. Some good, solid, honest communication would go a LONG way right now.

This makes 0 business sense.  They get more in revenue from big box sellers like Amazon and Newegg than they do from on site purchasers. 

It actually makes all the sense in the world. EVGA is making a much higher margin on direct sales than to Amazon and Newegg. You think they're selling units at a higher price and margin to them than to us directly. That would be huge No. Higher revenues but not at higher margins. No reason to have direct sales if they don't want to reward their most loyal customers and at retail or slightly less than retail prices, they are making huge margins.

AMD 5900X
EVGA 3080 FTW3
AsRock X570 Taichi / Noctua NH-U14S
G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb(16x2) 3600mhz CL16
Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB NVMe / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB NVMe
Corsair Crystal 570X Case
EVGA G3 850w
Soundblaster AE-5
Alienware AW3418DW and LG 27GP850-B
Johnny3D
  • Total Posts : 83
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:45:00 (permalink)
juvir
Johnny3D
SomeSoldier

They certainly sell more quantity through sellers like Amazon and Newegg, but... I think you're missing the public perception portion. The people who signed up for  the pre-orders from EVGA directly are some of their biggest fans. Most of us are the kind of people who advocate and promote their brands to other people. When our fellow gamers ask about what video card to get, we'll speak up and tell them "EVGA" with certainty. Taking care of word of mouth customers is very good for business. It's essentially free advertising and very good advertising at that. Additionally, when someone starts looking around for what brand of video card they want to buy and they consider EVGA, do you think it looks better or worse for EVGA if those people browse through the forum and see glowing reviews and all around positive experiences from people here? Or do you think they're going to just overlook where their loyal fan base is upset and disappointed because of a botched pre-order launch?

Maybe you think good business is only about how many units you push, but I think good business is about building a solid reputation and incredible customer satisfaction. Because if you have those, your sales numbers and revenue will be just fine.

10G-P5-3895-KR 9/22/2020 11:05:30 PM PT No
Chezz85
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 16:52:33 (permalink)
Can you please get an update for Australian orders too, i was told 4th May for my order, but looks like this is not the case? I have emailed customer support several times but not had any response?
blazin1414
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 155
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:00:32 (permalink)
Chezz85
Can you please get an update for Australian orders too, i was told 4th May for my order, but looks like this is not the case? I have emailed customer support several times but not had any response?

We don't matter to EVGA it seems like, I've never had issues every pre-ordering something like this before this is the first time I've ever had issues with a pre-ordered product. I've bought iPhones, GPUs, CPUs and a load of things before and yet has one ever given be a broken ship date before then not give me any information about my order forcing me to email them and get a short email basically saying sorry we didn't ship to you yet cya, WE'RE SPENDING OVER $1000AUD AND WE'RE BEING TREATED LIKE THIS?

Affiliate Code IXYDBXW03L :)
skyda_Killer
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:04:21 (permalink)
blazin1414
Chezz85

We don't matter to EVGA it seems like, I've never had issues every pre-ordering something like this before this is the first time I've ever had issues with a pre-ordered product. I've bought iPhones, GPUs, CPUs and a load of things before and yet has one ever given be a broken ship date before then not give me any information about my order forcing me to email them and get a short email basically saying sorry we didn't ship to you yet cya, WE'RE SPENDING OVER $1000AUD AND WE'RE BEING TREATED LIKE THIS?

same poor treatment for UK/EU buyers. US always gets priority, it's ridiculous. 

Chezz85
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:10:36 (permalink)
blazin1414
Chezz85

:( :( :( yea pretty sad, its a lot of money
RexManning
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:11:47 (permalink)
juvir
Johnny3D
SomeSoldier

First of all Amazon and Newegg are not 'big box' sellers, they are online retailers.  Second of all Citation Needed.
chenmenis
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:16:45 (permalink)
Chezz85
blazin1414
Chezz85

LOL..move out of aus, it's too far away from rest of world hence easy to forget. ;p
RexManning
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:17:53 (permalink)
Chezz85
blazin1414
Chezz85

Doesn't matter.  You can complain now about delayed shipping or you would have been complaining in April that EVGA was taking pre-orders a week after everyone else and THAT meant they don't care about customers.

The old axiom 'The Customer is always right' has become 'The Customer is never satisfied and is going to throw a tantrum on forums or comments over every perceived slight.'  As I've said before, there is no technical solution to the pervasive self-entitlement culture in today's society.
Nemes1s89
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:22:34 (permalink)
anyone already got it?
blazin1414
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:26:08 (permalink)
RexManning
Chezz85
blazin1414
Chezz85

Doesn't matter.  You can complain now about delayed shipping or you would have been complaining in April that EVGA was taking pre-orders a week after everyone else and THAT meant they don't care about customers.

The old axiom 'The Customer is always right' has become 'The Customer is never satisfied and is going to throw a tantrum on forums or comments over every perceived slight.'  As I've said before, there is no technical solution to the pervasive self-entitlement culture in today's society.

It's 2 days past the estimated ship day, they had since the 28/03 to get their **** ready and guess what if they changed the estimated ship date during that time I would have been completely fine with that but they didn't so I expect the card to be shipped by May 1st as it suggested. It's 2017 you would think they could have a system that will update the shipping dates like other normal retailers, it's the no communication unless you're from the US that's the really bad thing in this whole thing. Don't give a shipping date for a pre-ordered product unless you know if you can process that order, you'll only just annoy the customer when you fail to deliver even I know that... 

EDIT: I would also love to add where the heck are the reviews? are those delayed too lmao.

Chezz85
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:27:12 (permalink)
RexManning
Chezz85
blazin1414
Chezz85

Since when did i complain? I asked for an update as I've send in around 10 emails to customer support over the past week or so and I've not had one reply. 
draggerlane
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:38:53 (permalink)
To the people who are complaining about waiting for a few days. while you wait for your cards to come out why don't you read this and see if your wait is worth it.  I'm definitely am waiting.  https://www.bjorn3d.com/2...east11g-p4-6696-kr/14/
Nemes1s89
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 17:41:12 (permalink)
cool ty
blazin1414
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 18:07:25 (permalink)
draggerlane
To the people who are complaining about waiting for a few days. while you wait for your cards to come out why don't you read this and see if your wait is worth it.  I'm definitely am waiting.  https://www.bjorn3d.com/2...east11g-p4-6696-kr/14/

Why ain't they comparing it to some other 1080ti's?? bit silly to only compare with older gpus only.

Jcrisp1
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 18:29:03 (permalink)
draggerlane
To the people who are complaining about waiting for a few days. while you wait for your cards to come out why don't you read this and see if your wait is worth it.  I'm definitely am waiting.  

Thanks, I drooled.
draggerlane
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 18:56:35 (permalink)
blazin1414
draggerlane

Why ain't they comparing it to some other 1080ti's?? bit silly to only compare with older gpus only.

While I was looking through the benchmarks I was saying the same thing.  But if you look on youtube a lot of reviewer did the same with other 1080 ti so this isn't unusual.  I think I only seen one reviewer compare ti's together 
Pet0r
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 19:13:14 (permalink)
Expected 10th May now at least according to email for UK/EU
Capt_Caveman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 19:18:54 (permalink)
Good to see EVGA being publicly shamed by comments to all of their social media posts. 

AMD 5900X
EVGA 3080 FTW3
AsRock X570 Taichi / Noctua NH-U14S
G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb(16x2) 3600mhz CL16
Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB NVMe / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB NVMe
Corsair Crystal 570X Case
EVGA G3 850w
Soundblaster AE-5
Alienware AW3418DW and LG 27GP850-B
Johnny3D
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 19:50:34 (permalink)
draggerlane
blazin1414
draggerlane

While I was looking through the benchmarks I was saying the same thing.  But if you look on youtube a lot of reviewer did the same with other 1080 ti so this isn't unusual.  I think I only seen one reviewer compare ti's together 

Well... as many of us can attest to in this thread, 1080 Ti cards are apparently a bit difficult to get our hands on. ;)

10G-P5-3895-KR 9/22/2020 11:05:30 PM PT No
Jcrisp1
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 19:58:51 (permalink)
Johnny3D
draggerlane
blazin1414
draggerlane
To the people who are complaining about waiting for a few days. while you wait for your cards to come out why don't you read this and see if your wait is worth it.  I'm definitely am waiting.  

Well... as many of us can attest to in this thread, 1080 Ti cards are apparently a bit difficult to get our hands on. ;)

A "Choice" card anyway. Aftermaket cards are in stock right this moment.
BuriedinBagEnd
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 20:35:52 (permalink)
If you have one, how long did it take to get it? Did you pay for expedited shipping or regular?
axkezous
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/02 21:02:04 (permalink)
From evga and I was in the first batch,

This email is to notify you that unfortunately we are not able to ship your card on the original estimated date (1 May 2017).

Your estimated pre-order shipping date is 10 May 2017.

Eu/U.K

Not fussed but about time with a e mail
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 42
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile