EVGA

1080 FTW DT

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Author
Amnesia1187
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/10 19:19:36 (permalink)
Also, just for the record, discussion is discussion. I'm not trying to bash on EVGA. I love my 1080 FTW  
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/10 19:20:46 (permalink)
Amnesia1187
Also, just for the record, discussion is discussion. I'm not trying to bash on EVGA. I love my 1080 FTW  

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/10 19:46:08 (permalink)
Amnesia1187
Waaaait... So reverse binned 1080s? I mean i get it, but who wants to buy a GPU thats bigger and less energy efficient with the guarantee that it will overclock less than 100mhz?

Most people consider binning what extreme overclockers do.  They buy a tray of 6700k's for example, and go through them until they find one or two that hit 5.5 ghz.  A lot of end users do this as well, as they want a good overclocker.  

I have only seen the FTW and such "tested" as they aren't binned in the fashion that 99.9% of people assume they are.  99.9% of people are going to buy the FTW assuming it is binned like I mentioned before and when some of them receive a card that can't get more than +25mhz added without failing, they are going to be furious.  So, we use the interchangeable word, that the card is Tested at factory clocks, not binned for overclocking.. Overclocking is pushing past factory settings.  A factory overclock is still a factory setting as it is a requirement that must be met. 

And these aren't reverse binned, they failed the test to meet factory specifications, so they are sold for $30 less so that some people can get the RGB feature that they so badly want, even when they don't care about factory overclocks.  I think it is a great idea from EVGA, as they still make a little money, and some end users get their RGB that they want.   

Some folks with exotic cooling methods will be able to purchase these DT cards, and pump crazy voltage into and still get good overclockers, but they won't be 24/7 clocks like the factory overclocked FTW will be.

The biggest misconception when yiu tell someone that is new that the FTW is binned, is that they immediately assume it "will overclock much further than reference cards because it has better hardware, and more phases, and it's binned to overclock further" 100% wrong. It is tested for factory settings, not binned for maximum overclocking. If you tell them, it is texted for factory settings but it may not go further, 90% of new people respond, "but aren't they binned?" No.. They are tested only at factory clocks.

The words are fully interchangeable, but the meaning of binned is too easily confused for something it legitimately is not meant to be.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/07/10 19:53:09
evgauser28764
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 232
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 12:10:10 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Amnesia1187
Waaaait... So reverse binned 1080s? I mean i get it, but who wants to buy a GPU thats bigger and less energy efficient with the guarantee that it will overclock less than 100mhz?

Most people consider binning what extreme overclockers do.  They buy a tray of 6700k's for example, and go through them until they find one or two that hit 5.5 ghz.  A lot of end users do this as well, as they want a good overclocker.  

I have only seen the FTW and such "tested" as they aren't binned in the fashion that 99.9% of people assume they are.  99.9% of people are going to buy the FTW assuming it is binned like I mentioned before and when some of them receive a card that can't get more than +25mhz added without failing, they are going to be furious.  So, we use the interchangeable word, that the card is Tested at factory clocks, not binned for overclocking.. Overclocking is pushing past factory settings.  A factory overclock is still a factory setting as it is a requirement that must be met. 

And these aren't reverse binned, they failed the test to meet factory specifications, so they are sold for $30 less so that some people can get the RGB feature that they so badly want, even when they don't care about factory overclocks.  I think it is a great idea from EVGA, as they still make a little money, and some end users get their RGB that they want.   

Some folks with exotic cooling methods will be able to purchase these DT cards, and pump crazy voltage into and still get good overclockers, but they won't be 24/7 clocks like the factory overclocked FTW will be.

The biggest misconception when yiu tell someone that is new that the FTW is binned, is that they immediately assume it "will overclock much further than reference cards because it has better hardware, and more phases, and it's binned to overclock further" 100% wrong. It is tested for factory settings, not binned for maximum overclocking. If you tell them, it is texted for factory settings but it may not go further, 90% of new people respond, "but aren't they binned?" No.. They are tested only at factory clocks.

The words are fully interchangeable, but the meaning of binned is too easily confused for something it legitimately is not meant to be.

the ftw factory clock is not high in fact. so i would like to ask can dt card be overclocked to 2g or even 2.1g for 24/7 gaming like other non ref cards in other brands usually did. or its like what you are saying that dt card cant pass the test of at least hitting  the ftw factory clock settings which is just below 1.9g?

or let me put it in this way, from what i have known, for example, 980ti for gaming, it is very rarely to see a 980ti that cant hit (by actual boost or overclocking) 1.4g in gaming. and 1.4g is already far more higher than the factory boost clock from most of the tier 1 non reference cards which are arround 1.3g factory boost clock. 

post edited by acxcoolerssuck - 2016/07/11 12:26:56
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 12:14:28 (permalink)
acxcoolerssuck
the ftw factory clock is not high in fact. so i would like to ask can dt card be overclocked to 2g or even 2.1g for 24/7 gaming like other non ref cards in other brands usually did. or its like what you are saying that dt card cant pass the test of at least hitting  the ftw factory clock settings which is just below 1.9g?

It is 100% possible that the cards will still overclock to 2.1 ghz, but it is a known fact that it will not be stable with the FTW bios.
evgauser28764
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 12:28:08 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
acxcoolerssuck

It is 100% possible that the cards will still overclock to 2.1 ghz, but it is a known fact that it will not be stable with the FTW bios.

so you are saying for ftw card, the maximum throttled clock is 1.86g in gaming? 
1.86g is lowest clock that ftw can hit without any problems in any situation?

so, ftw card autcal clock is more stable than dt card actual clock when the clock is higher than 1.86g? 
and dt card can be throttled down to 1.6g like the reference card did?

no offence at all, dt card pricing is really attractive that i have already ordered, but i , or we, am really want to know can dt card hit 1.86g in gaming or benchmarking no matter 1.86g is hit by actual boost or factory boost or overclocking. just one simple question, can the dt card hit 1.86g steadily when the card is not throttled by high temp and exceed power limit?
post edited by acxcoolerssuck - 2016/07/11 12:45:45
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 12:51:30 (permalink)
The Dt can not maintain the stock bios for the FTW. these cards were targeted to be FTW cards, but they failed the testing phase of the FTW specifications, so they are not fit to be labeled a full FTW card.

The DT is just a designation showing that the card did fail the FTW tests. There is no telling what the card is capable of, without purchasing and testing it. Noone here can answer your question unless they specifically own a DT card.

The FTW specifications show the minimum requirements an FTW must meet to be designated A FTW card. They may exceed those clocks, but the specifications are guaranteed minimums.
evgauser28764
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 13:00:56 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
The Dt can not maintain the stock bios for the FTW. these cards were targeted to be FTW cards, but they failed the testing phase of the FTW specifications, so they are not fit to be labeled a full FTW card.

The DT is just a designation showing that the card did fail the FTW tests. There is no telling what the card is capable of, without purchasing and testing it. Noone here can answer your question unless they specifically own a DT card.

The FTW specifications show the minimum requirements an FTW must meet to be designated A FTW card. They may exceed those clocks, but the specifications are guaranteed minimums.

i understand ftw cards have passed lots of tests in hitting its factory boost clock without any problem. i trust that. 
the words you used above "FTW specifications" & "FTW tests" & "minimum requirements" can be convert to "1.86g" right??? that is the only point.....

for ftw card, the maximum throttled clock is 1.86g in gaming? 
so for dt card, the maximum throttled clock is below 1.86g right?

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 13:09:46 (permalink)
acxcoolerssuck
nd ftw cards have passed lots of tests in hitting its factory boost clock without any problem. i trust that. 
the words you used above "FTW specifications" & "FTW tests" & "minimum requirements" can be convert to "1.86g" right??? that is the only point.....

for ftw card, the maximum throttled clock is 1.86g in gaming? 
so for dt card, the maximum throttled clock is below 1.86g right?

The FTW should never throttle below the Base Clock:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
  • 1721MHz Base Clock (Clocks should not drop below this clock under load.  Idle does not count.  When your card is idle, it will drop to very low clocks to conserve energy)
  • 1860MHz Boost Clock (If it is not thermal throttling, it should boost to the minimum of this speed.  If it throttles due to thermal limitations, it can drop to the base clock)

DT Specifications: 

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080
  • 1607MHz Base Clock (read above)
  • 1733MHz Boost Clock (read above)

Quote from IGN (Google is an amazing tool)

Date Posted: Jan 31, 2014 #3 (< Link right there for your reading pleasure)
Ok, so here goes...

Base clock speed is the absolute minimum speed that the gpu will run at. Regardless of how hot it gets, it will never dip below this clock speed.

However, if it's at a temperature that is below it's rated temperature(*), then the driver/bios/whatever will decide that it can operate at the "boost" clock rate, basically allowing it to run faster, utilizing the extra thermal room it has available.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can not understand that, look to NVidia:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/gpu-boost/technology (GPU Boost 1.0, 600 series cards) 
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/gpu-boost-2/technology (GPU Boost 2.0, 700, 800m and 900 series cards)
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/17/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_founders_edition_review/5 (HardOCP talking about GPU Boost 3.0 on the 1000 Series)

post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/07/11 13:14:25
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 13:10:27 (permalink)
The only interpretation should be that the DT card would not run stable at the FTW stock clocks at stock voltage. The DT may still have headroom to clock as high or higher than a regular FTW given GPU boost 3.0 and a 120% power target.

VinceB
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/11 23:22:36 (permalink)
I am all for the DT version of the FTW 1080. The money saved is money earned. Still costs less that FE card. This is a win for customers. Well done.
Hurikane71
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 01:23:23 (permalink)
Ok, If you cant take two seconds and read which card you are buying then it is YOUR fault you didn't do the due diligence. The card didn't pass the FTW test but still has everything the FTW has minus the clocks. It is the same price as a SC model with better cooling (Bigger fans and I think thicker heatsink) has RGB lighting, Custom PCB and dual bios. If you want the FTW card then pony up the dough and buy it. Otherwise let others buy this that want it. I swear this new attitude of people crying and whining about everything and pitching a fit cause life isn't in easy mode. Grow a set and stop crying people. If you don't want the card don't buy it. EVGA isn't putting a gun to your back. SMH
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/07/12 05:21:06
q2klepto
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 07:52:35 (permalink)
Are all FTW DT cards tested & failed FTW cards? Or the DT cards are simply gpus that are untested but with the FTW bells & whistles - to speed up production? 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 08:00:06 (permalink)
q2klepto
Are all FTW DT cards tested & failed FTW cards? Or the DT cards are simply gpus that are untested but with the FTW bells & whistles - to speed up production? 

Failed factory bios testing. EVGA wouldn't waste cards by making and not testing.
q2klepto
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 08:09:20 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
q2klepto

Failed factory bios testing. EVGA wouldn't waste cards by making and not testing.

Ah damn OK i figured they produced FTW DT by default - and ones that happen to be tested (randomly) and pass are the ones that make the FTW cut....while ones that are untested (to save time and to increase production) are defaulted to DT status.

But if all DTs are failed FTW..that changes things.  I guess theyre for people who want RGB and all the other frills. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 
relevance
  • Total Posts : 91
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 08:14:38 (permalink)
does this also include on stock clocked ACX 3.0, and SC ACX 3.0?
I was just going for stock clocked ACX 3.0 and slap a liquid block on it, if the procedure is as same as FTW DT, then I'd get the SC.
I only ask because I currently own gtx 580 SLI and have not really look in detail how GPU OC work in past 6 years.

I was shopping around gtx 1080 and thought I should ask. I used gtx 580 for 6 years, I tend to use my future 1080 the same.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 08:30:37 (permalink)
The reference clocked cards are tested, and the SC cards are tested, but they are not always failed SC cards. I think the reference cards are handled slightly different, although they are still tested.

On this subject I can not speak the same as when talking about the custom cards. I know that EVGA doesn't typically sacrifice their reference cards just to push a higher priced card.
Beasthunt
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/12 12:20:11 (permalink)
Since basically all 1080s put up the same fps numbers, I find this a non issue. Just start putting out more stock. Dang. The 1080 ti will be out by the time out guys get stock stabilized.
Artah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/15 14:28:54 (permalink)
Beasthunt
Since basically all 1080s put up the same fps numbers, I find this a non issue. Just start putting out more stock. Dang. The 1080 ti will be out by the time out guys get stock stabilized.

Seriously, would love to get a couple of DT and sell off my single unopened regular non DT.  Been looking for a second regular FTW before I install them somewhere.  Not so confusing or misleading to me.  My vote is what EVGA did is perfectly fine.
dwoodward
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6258
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/16 08:28:06 (permalink)
Artah
Beasthunt

Seriously, would love to get a couple of DT and sell off my single unopened regular non DT.  Been looking for a second regular FTW before I install them somewhere.  Not so confusing or misleading to me.  My vote is what EVGA did is perfectly fine.

So you'd buy 2 DT cards knowing that they were tested and failed? As in absolutely no chance of them hitting FTW speeds, or SC for that matter most likely. 

All you're doing is paying extra cash for more power phases and two bios that you won't even be able to have a need to use. 

I've been a big supporter of EVGA for many many years, but I still get a sour taste in my mouth at the thought of these cards. Very unsavory to put the letters "FTW" on failed cards just as an attempt to push them. In my opinion, they should be named GTX 1080 LED... 

Register your Products! Click Here!
Did I help you find the product you were looking for?
Register your Product and remember to enter my EVGA Affiliate Code: JXE2Y5PH4K
Thanks! And enjoy your new EVGA Graphics Card / Motherboard!
Associate Code: 9KWI53WAR7PX3KS

Core i9-9900k | ROG Maximus XI Hero | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | 970 Evo NVMe | GTX 1070 Ti SC Black
Jesso2k
  • Total Posts : 47
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/16 09:07:51 (permalink)
I wish someone would just try to OC their DT already. I've got 2050 MHz locked in to my FTW and am curious if anyones gotten lucky with their DT's after tampering with the voltage a bit.

Mystikalrush
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3626
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/16 11:21:21 (permalink)
Is it normal for these GP104 chips to throttle during game play, anywhere between the base frequency and the boost/overclock? I notice my card does this, is this normal? I wish the clock speeds would stay exactly where you put them 100% of the time, i assume its because the rendering demand in whatever game just isnt stressing the GPU?

| Intel i9 12900K @5.2GHz | NZXT Kraken X73 | Corsair 4000D | Gigabyte AORUS PRO Z690 | EVGA SuperNova 1000 G6 |  
| RTX 3090FE @2.1GHz | 980 PRO 2TB | 980 PRO 1 TB x 2 | G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB 6000MHz | LG 34" UW 1440p 144Hz |      

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/16 12:34:00 (permalink)
Mystikalrush
Is it normal for these GP104 chips to throttle during game play, anywhere between the base frequency and the boost/overclock? I notice my card does this, is this normal? I wish the clock speeds would stay exactly where you put them 100% of the time, i assume its because the rendering demand in whatever game just isnt stressing the GPU?

Make a thread for your issue so we can address it without taking over a completely different thread.

Open GPU-Z, out it on the sensor tab, and play a game for a bit, then post the screen shot of the sensor tab in the new thread. Include your part number. "gp104" covers all of 1070 and 1080 cards across every manufacturer.
lordaeron1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 306
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/16 15:22:11 (permalink)
vidathedog
s1mul8
rajeek
Sad thing is, it will look e
vidathedog
masshuum
EVGA_JacobF
SC and ACX 3.0 are completely different PCB, different cooler, (FTW is larger), more power phases, dual BIOS, double 8pin, RGB lighting, etc.

Here is a chart that is on the product page also:

But you're essentially putting a lawnmower motor in a sports car... and saying, buyer beware read the sheet specs. There's no reason to use the FTW name because it has always been implied and often expressly said that FTW applies to the gpu as well, not just the PCB and cooler...

I was just about to use this analogy. It's like taking an Audi RS4 and putting an A4 engine in it. It looks like an RS4, says RS4, and feels like an RS4 on the inside, that is until you start driving and realize something isn't right.

Sad thing is, it will look exactly like the legitimate FTW card and I'm sure the top name plate will not be changed at all to reflect its stock clock.  It will clearly be the biggest poser around....literally the A4, badged as an S4 or RS4.  Bait and Switch at its best here.

These are some of the dumbest, most stupid analogies I have ever read on an enthusiast forum. By this same analogy, it would be like Intel switching a i5 for a hyperthreaded i3. This isn't a bait and switch. A bait and switch implies that somehow you are getting the short end of the stick, you are paying the same price or more for an inferior product. It's literally the same exact chip, the same power delivery system, the same high bandwidth GDDR5x, the same features. One is clocked a reference speeds, and one isn't. What's funny is for every positive, someone out there has to point out the negative.

I'll take a DT model and save myself $30. I have no problem pocketing the extra cash. I'm glad it was announced, I will definitely pick one up when it comes in stock, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm not saying this card is a bad idea, if it had been available a few days ago when I got my FTW on newegg I would have gone with this instead and just over clocked it myself. What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be called a FTW because FTW has always meant a complete package and that includes higher clocks out of the box.

totally agree and i kinda feel that this is damaging the FTW premium name :( should have picked another name for this.

I7-6700k (stock) | Msi M7 gaming | Kingston hyperx savage16Gb DDR4@ 2800Mhz | Evga Gtx 1080 FTW | Corsair H110i | Samsung 840  EVO 120GB SSD + Crucial Mx 200 250GB | Seasonic X-750w Gold | Cooler Master Haf X (Aka 932) | DELL U2713h | Xonar D1.
captainthrall
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/18 14:34:09 (permalink)
The number of people complaining about this blows my mind.  I guess they just don't get it.  If you get it, stop reading.  If you don't, here's a brief explanation:

Many 1070/1080 manufacturers have been getting busted for advertising inflated clock speeds AND/OR sending modified cards to product testers.  Legally, this is called FRAUD.  

Meanwhile, EVGA tests each and every card that comes out of the factory.  FTW cards are guaranteed at a minimum clock speed of 1721.  For some reason (perhaps it was deliberate or perhaps not) some of the FTW cards didn't meet the strenuous testing requirements necessary to pass a 1721 certification.  However, they do pass the 1607 certification.  Therefor, EVGA created a separate SKU for these lower-clocked FTW cards.  This was done to ensure 100% transparency and to ensure that customers weren't misled in regards to the performance specifications of the products they are receiving.  

THIS WAS A STAND-UP, HONEST, SOLID MOVE!  With EVGA "what you see is what you get."  They're not labeling cards 1721 unless they're 100% sure they will crank out that speed.

It says I'm a superclocked member, but really I'm just here for the chicks.
lordaeron1
iCX Member
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/18 14:58:57 (permalink)
captainthrall
The number of people complaining about this blows my mind.  I guess they just don't get it.  If you get it, stop reading.  If you don't, here's a brief explanation:

Many 1070/1080 manufacturers have been getting busted for advertising inflated clock speeds AND/OR sending modified cards to product testers.  Legally, this is called FRAUD.  

Meanwhile, EVGA tests each and every card that comes out of the factory.  FTW cards are guaranteed at a minimum clock speed of 1721.  For some reason (perhaps it was deliberate or perhaps not) some of the FTW cards didn't meet the strenuous testing requirements necessary to pass a 1721 certification.  However, they do pass the 1607 certification.  Therefor, EVGA created a separate SKU for these lower-clocked FTW cards.  This was done to ensure 100% transparency and to ensure that customers weren't misled in regards to the performance specifications of the products they are receiving.  

THIS WAS A STAND-UP, HONEST, SOLID MOVE!  With EVGA "what you see is what you get."  They're not labeling cards 1721 unless they're 100% sure they will crank out that speed.

totally agree with you but ... i still think that FTW should be only 1. it's the same with 
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING ACX 3.0 1607 /1733
and 
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 1708 /1847

now  FTW DT (a not true FTW card that is)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT GAMING ACX 3.0 1607 /1733 

runs on the same speed as FE ... if your logic was sound then this card would be a bit lower clocked then FTW but a bit higher clocked then atleast FE O_O.

do you get my drift ... This card no way in hell should be in the FTW family. it only lowering the FTW name.

and if a Classified card comes out and then after a month there will be a Classified DT card. trust me that every one that bought Classi will yell like crazy because it wont be an ELITE card anymore.

post edited by lordaeron1 - 2016/07/18 15:02:16

I7-6700k (stock) | Msi M7 gaming | Kingston hyperx savage16Gb DDR4@ 2800Mhz | Evga Gtx 1080 FTW | Corsair H110i | Samsung 840  EVO 120GB SSD + Crucial Mx 200 250GB | Seasonic X-750w Gold | Cooler Master Haf X (Aka 932) | DELL U2713h | Xonar D1.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/18 15:48:12 (permalink)
The FTW and Classified refers to the PCB. The pcb doesn't change with the bios. People will always find a reason to complain, and this is exactly why evga started labeling them "Classified Reference, k|ngp|n reference, and not FTW DT". They are labeled different and they are different part numbers, but they are not different pcb's.

I tried multiple times, along with others, to get the first k|ngp|n reference labeled a QueenP|n... That didn't work, so I stopped complaining. Others can continue to complain, but this doesn't change the fact the pcb is upgraded to the FTW/CLASSIFIED specification and the name is different.
captainthrall
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/18 16:20:35 (permalink)
lordaeron1
captainthrall

totally agree with you but ... i still think that FTW should be only 1. it's the same with 
and 

runs on the same speed as FE ... if your logic was sound then this card would be a bit lower clocked then FTW but a bit higher clocked then atleast FE O_O.

do you get my drift ... This card no way in hell should be in the FTW family. it only lowering the FTW name.

and if a Classified card comes out and then after a month there will be a Classified DT card. trust me that every one that bought Classi will yell like crazy because it wont be an ELITE card anymore.

you're still not understanding.  let me make it very very very simple:
1st, EVGA made a batch of ftw cards (with ftw hardware, bios, and leds etc)
2nd, some of those cards didn't meet ftw qualifications (clock speeds were too low when factory tested)
3rd, EVGA decided to sell them at a discounted price.

"it doesnt belong in the ftw family."  Dude... They can't sell them as non-FTW cards because the LED on the side says FTW.  What do you want them to do?  Get a sharpie and mark out the FTW LED?  Or do you want EVGA to lie and say they're all 1800 clocked like other companies do?  Or should EVGA just throw them in the dumpster?  

It says I'm a superclocked member, but really I'm just here for the chicks.
lordaeron1
iCX Member
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/18 17:01:46 (permalink)
captainthrall
lordaeron1
captainthrall

and 

2nd, some of those cards didn't meet ftw qualifications (clock speeds were too low when factory tested)

"it doesnt belong in the ftw family."  Dude... They can't sell them as non-FTW cards because the LED on the side says FTW.  What do you want them to do?  Get a sharpie and mark out the FTW LED?  Or do you want EVGA to lie and say they're all 1800 clocked like other companies do?  Or should EVGA just throw them in the dumpster?  

i understand, i didn't say what you implied. i just said that i wish they didn't lower the FTW name status.
EVGA did the right thing i just wish it was different.

Just Wondering here but ... when Classified comes out and there will be Classifie DT you are not going to care one bit ?

rajeek
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: 1080 FTW DT 2016/07/18 19:08:12 (permalink)
captainthrall
lordaeron1
captainthrall

1607 /1733
and 
 1708 /1847

1607 /1733 

Actually the FTW logo you are referring to peels right off easily.  That whole top thing is just a sticker.  Mine pulled off when I peeled off the protective plastic on the new card and I had to put it back on.  The could easily remove it and put on a 1080 ACX LED sticker.....but they won't.  It is a 10 sec job to remove and put on a new one.  Just sayin.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile