EVGA

Lockedrant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance)

Author
solomonshv
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/15 03:26:18 (permalink)
i looked around, and i'm sorry if this was pointed out, but it seems that this new system is designed to benefit scalpers rather than actual long time EVGA customers. people who get any referrals get a disproportionally higher score. people who have actually been buying products for themselves for a long time and spending money here when they had readily available options elsewhere get almost nothing because purchased products you register yourself have very little weight and anything prior to 2019 doesn't count. 

and that results in things like this: 

what this basically means is that scalpers who used multiple e-mail accounts for notifications in the old queue system to buy multiple of the same product have scores that are like 50 times higher than someone who went out of their way to buy some ridiculously expensive classified/kingpin cards at a time when they could have got something much cheaper elsewhere. 

so, how does this make any sense? can someone please explain the rationale here. what am i missing? 

7 Replies Related Threads

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 04:08:22 (permalink)
    What you are missing is that scores determine what tier you are in.  EVGA will allocate cards to all the tiers.  With the above, the member who has already purchased a 30 series will be de-prioritized in favor of those who have not received a 30 series.

blissfulleaf26
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 04:24:14 (permalink)
    Flint 1760
    What you are missing is that scores determine what tier you are in.  EVGA will allocate cards to all the tiers.  With the above, the member who has already purchased a 30 series will be de-prioritized in favor of those who have not received a 30 series.

ok. i'll spell it out for you. a scalper who buys GPUs with e-mail accounts A, B and C, and uses account D for referrals but doesn't have a purchase on account D yet will have an much bigger score than someone who has been a loyal EVGA customer for years. once account D registers a purchase, the referrals will then go to account E. said scalper, now armed with account E, will once again be prioritized over that same loyal customer. this system makes it harder for non-scalpers to get cards. people who didn't sign up a ton of accounts for the queue in late 2020 will keep getting bumped down the list

there are a bunch of people on r/hardwareswap who have been flipping cards from the EVGA queue. sometimes like 10 at a time. 

i'm not missing a single thing. what you said changes nothing. i'm not saying these specific accounts are buying cards. i used these two accounts as examples of scores because these are the accounts i have access to. i'm illustrating how the score if affected by referrals vs products purchased for personal use. i'm the owner of one of these accounts and someone i know is the owner of the other. we both have cards and we're not buying anymore. 

post edited by blissfulleaf26 - 2022/01/15 04:32:34
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 06:48:11 (permalink)
    Flint 1760

What you are missing is that any score of someone who isn't in the queue doesn't matter. Since the queue duration is so short, if you don't get in the queue, this is all theoretical. Everyone who is in the queue with a score of zero are still in front of you, because the queue won't reopen until the existing list is exhausted, according to EVGA.

Scalpers make their living monitoring stock. Other humans have jobs and make their living working. Short queue durations favor scalpers. Every part of Queue 3.0 has so far been worse for non-scalpers.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/01/15 06:49:23

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

solomonshv
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 13:11:05 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Flint 1760

What you are missing is that any score of someone who isn't in the queue doesn't matter. Since the queue duration is so short, if you don't get in the queue, this is all theoretical. Everyone who is in the queue with a score of zero are still in front of you, because the queue won't reopen until the existing list is exhausted, according to EVGA.

Scalpers make their living monitoring stock. Other humans have jobs and make their living working. Short queue durations favor scalpers. Every part of Queue 3.0 has so far been worse for non-scalpers.

Except that there are people who have like 20 accounts in the queue but with purchases on *those* accounts.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 13:30:46 (permalink)
    solomonshv
    ty_ger07
    Flint 1760

Except that there are people who have like 20 accounts in the queue but with purchases on *those* accounts.

More than one account is against the terms of service of this website. Illegal: wire fraud. EVGA claims to be actively removing/banning additional accounts. I don't know how else that problem can be answered. But I do know that the first problem is that you need to get into the queue. How the queue works and anything else is completely irrelevant if the queue duration is so short that a deserving person can't even sign up before the queue re-closes. That's the first issue to solve.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

rjbarker
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3214
    • Ribbons : 21
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 13:40:40 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Flint 1760

+1 Exactly.....watch how many new 3080 12G Cards suddenly show on flea bag.....I still think Elite Membership should be a prioritized list of Elite Members ...the priority based upon total number of products purchased in the past (not since 2019)...you know, show loyalty to those that have been loyal..that's just my opinion....

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: rant about queue 3.0 (sorry in advance) 2022/01/15 13:47:26 (permalink)
    locking as a duplicate thread ... there are already threads about the 3.0 queue

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile