Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3682
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2018/02/15 21:12:49 (permalink)
dont even buy an evga product anymore warranty is same as everyone elses, fooling with peoples product information on their page which is screwing some of us on our our rma from lifetime warranty cards, telling customres who have cards that have finally failed that are lifetime warranty AR serial cards that we didnt buy it from an authorized dealer( so your local store is not an authorized dealer folks you have to buy product online i guess) customer service these days is crap, they dont even know their own products even when you send a link to them from their own website ( case in point x58 classy 3 comes with HARD sli connectors yet support ( after i sent the link to them) stated it came with flexibles, also stating that the slots for 2 way sli are slots 2 and 5 not 2 and 6 ( which based on original included sli bridge 2 way sli is slots 2 and 6).  do yourselves a favor stop buying EVGA they have completely went downhill and are as bad about price gouging GPU's in their store as online locations like newegg.

i am offended by your sig so you need to remove it. 

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31014
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Warranty Issue I'm unhappy 2018/02/16 07:51:12 (permalink)
I split your Post

I have no idea why you posted in an old thread last posted Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:52 AM  

Moving your post to the correct section of EVGA Forums - Warranty Questions

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31014
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Warranty Issue I'm unhappy 2018/02/16 07:54:26 (permalink)
So, what product are you having an issue with ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Warranty Issue I'm unhappy 2018/02/16 08:27:46 (permalink)
You have to buy from a vendor on the authorized retailer list. If your local retailer uses an authorized distributor, then that may count as well. Mom and Pop stores may not be on the authorized retailer list, which is why the authorized retailer list is public so that you do not buy from a location that is not authorized to sell the cards per the evga guidelines.

As far as prices, everyone had to bump their prices up except Nvidia. Third party resellers are not included in msrp, and you aren’t looking at actual prices on Newegg. Evga’s prices are far lower than the prices of people trying to resale their cars.

Also, don’t buy from third party on Newegg or amazon, they aren’t on the authorized list.

Since you probably haven’t read it before: https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx If the place you purchased from is not on the authorized retailer list, you need to talk to them about your lifetime warranty. Also, make sure your receipt is uploaded properly.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/02/16 08:29:22
jmike00
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 162
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Warranty Issue I'm unhappy 2018/02/16 19:31:57 (permalink)
I'm all for getting information out there to let people know when you've a bad experience but you need to make your post understandable. At least try to use punctuation and not run on sentences. Purchasing from an authorized retailer has been the standard for 99% of all electronics manufacturers for quite a while now. There used to be a time when your local mom and pop store would have banners, posters, window stickers, etc listing <Brand X Authorized Dealer> but those days have long since passed. Sure it's frustrating the way it is but I think it's been this way long enough that everyone has had ample time to learn and adapt. If I purchase anything local I know I must go through them for warranty and let them either deal with the manufacturer or refund my money. For online purchase I don't quite grasp how it's not common knowledge by now to only buy from Amazon, Newegg, B&H, etc and be sure the item specifically says "Ships and Sold" from the retailer.

Businesses change. That's just the way things are. My favorite EVGA story is from back in '08 when I thought I fried my 780i trying to overclock a Q6600. I was a noob at the time and knew nothing. It was 1AMcst on a Saturday night and I took a chance at contacting their 24hr support line. The guy I spoke with stayed with me until well after the sun was came up, frequently putting me on hold to deal with other customers or calling me back when caught up. The phone call ended with me not only having a working motherboard but having a great understanding about overclocking. That's just one of my many personal experiences. I had another with them honoring my request to repair the sata ports that had cracked and fallen off of my lifetime warranty motherboard rather than replace it with a newer model that was compatible as per their policy. They didn't have to honor my request but did. Yet again another example is I had purchased multiple 970s just a few weeks before the 3.5gb "scandal" broke. Like many I had an uneducated opinion with knee jerk reactions and EVGA did things for me they probably shouldn't have and were definitely not obliged to do just because I was being a bit of an a-hole as an unhappy customer.

Sadly I don't think that version of EVGA exists anymore and I'm fine with it. There's no way to maintain profitability if they try to accommodate everyone like they did in my examples. I'll admit, maybe me asking too much lumped me into the example pile as to why things had to change. As long as they still have better support than the rest of the competition(hint: they do) I'll be a customer. Try ringing up Asus, Msi, or Gigabyte support and speaking to someone employed by said company. Most likely you'll be talking to someone employed by Pegatron or a similar company. There's 1000s of different EVGA products out there by now. You specifically cite the X58. I don't see an issue if a tech support rep who might only be a few years removed from school doesn't have intimate knowledge of a product which was released when he was likely more interested in playing with Gi Joe's(or whatever toys kids were playing with in '10) than he was anything else.

The bottom line is as much as we want a company to be perfect, it'll never happen. Reading your post it sounds like you made some purchasing mistakes and want EVGA to take the blame for it. If I'm wrong then I'm sure everyone would be more than willing to listen to proper examples as to why you feel EVGA has wronged you.
post edited by jmike00 - 2018/02/16 19:35:38
evgapcbuilds
  • Total Posts : 96
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Warranty Issue I'm unhappy 2018/02/17 18:33:23 (permalink)
That kinda sucks, they can accomodate for more people if it gets noticed and more people are customers.
lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 14:26:53 (permalink)
thats right im calling EVGA out. 

did you think i wouldnt notice a change in the "my products" page?

first off a little background for everyone including the people at EVGA:

rmaed 3 lifetime warranty cards and received 3 retail box GTX 560Ti graphics cards, installed them and didnt think about it again till 2 of tehm died and needed RMA, so i contact evga for rma ( lifetime warranty after all based on original cards) for evga to tell me they werent from rma and that 2 were purchased from newegg and 1 from micro center and when i checked my product page it confirmed what evga said HOWEVE this is complete bull i have only ever bought 1 thing ever from Micro center and even informed EVGA of this and that none of the cards were purchased but from an RMA and as expected it was sorry no warranty.  well fast forward today and guess what my product page has changed yet again it now shows 2 of my GTX560s were bought at newegg and 1 from FRYS electronics ( now it shows one was bought at frys????????).  not only that you claim 2 of the cards were purchased at newegg and the date shows 2012 well i just checked newegg purchases grom present to 2012 and there NO gtx 560Ti Gpus in my purchase history ( as i said they came in retail boxes from RMA and as such should carry the lifetime warranty of the product they replaced)

are you kidding me EVGA, are you seriously that underhanded that you would slap a (former) loyal customer like this?  are you that despicable that not only will you alter a customers product information to avoid rma of their cards but then alter the product info a second time when you get called out?  funny thing to note is the gpu that was changed just happend to be the one that had it as being bought from microcenter which as i told customer service never was as only thing i had ever bought from MC is a Q6600 cpu.

then i have a 9600GT bought new from local pc shop ( again suppose to be lifetime warranty) and you pull some bull as it was not from authorized retailer???  how is my local PC shop ( sadly now closed) not an authorized retailer, is it because it is small and didnt sell hundred of thousands of dollars of merchandise a week?  is it because we are in a small town roguhly 1.5 hours + from a place like frys, or micro center, or best buy or maybe im right and you just dont want to honor the lifetime warranty because you would have to hand over a much higher end gpu and you dont want to. and just to clarify here is a copy and paste from the my product page on the 9600GT SC:

Warranty Information:                
This product carries a limited lifetime warranty from your purchased date.
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)

are you really so desperate to alienate your ( once loyal) customer base?  are you banking that people are stupid and wont notice changes on their product pages?  or are you really that naive and are just rolling the dice and taking your chances you will get lucky?  well in this case you rolle the dice and it came up snakeyes you lose.

so thanks evga for bending me over and i hope like hell i never have to rma my x58 classified 3, god only knows what kind of bull you will pull with it cant wait to good for my it does show in my newegg purchase history at least till the end of the year which after that i will have a screenshot of it for proof so you cant try to (Deleted for Language), i am also taking all of this information to social media conveying my most recent personal experiance about customer service and evga practices.  it is a sad day when a company you once admired shows their true colors
post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/04 20:34:56

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 14:46:40 (permalink)
Other than this "just saying good-bye" when are you going to move on?
calling out evga on underhanded practice is the same as your First Thread Warranty Issue I'm unhappy

You should be working with EVGA Directly with your Call Out. 

Contact Us

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/22 14:50:04

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49177
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 14:48:56 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby lordraptor1 2018/02/22 17:55:07
I've notified evga about this. Should get a response soon. 
drewskidrewsgv
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 14:53:21 (permalink)
If you read the EVGA Warranty Terms under LIFETIME WARRANTY it clearly states:

Limited Lifetime Warranty (Original Purchasers Only)Limited Lifetime Warranties are available to the original owner on applicable parts if registered by the original owner within 30 days of the date of purchase. A valid proof of purchase is required from an EVGA authorized reseller to verify Limited Lifetime Warranty availability. For more details on the EVGA transferable warranty then please see the Transferable Warranty section below.
  • Limited Lifetime Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX
Limited Lifetime Warranty Exceptions
  • Limited Lifetime warranty products purchased on or after July 1, 2011 that are not registered within 30 days from the date of purchase will have a standard 3 year warranty.
  • Limited Lifetime warranty products that were not purchased from an EVGA authorized reseller or that were sold as open box or used will not be eligible for the Limited Lifetime Warranty and will follow the Transferable warranty terms as shown below.
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 15:13:52 (permalink)
Dear lordraptor1,

I am sorry for any confusion as we did add page numbers to the my products page to help with loading the page.  Please scroll to the bottom of the list of items and click the arrows to scroll through the products.  

Once again sorry for any confusion caused.

lordraptor1

rmaed 3 lifetime warranty cards and received 3 retail box GTX 560Ti graphics cards, installed them and didnt think about it again till 2 of tehm died and needed RMA, so i contact evga for rma ( lifetime warranty after all based on original cards) for evga to tell me they werent from rma and that 2 were purchased from newegg and 1 from micro center and when i checked my product page it confirmed what evga said HOWEVE this is complete bull i have only ever bought 1 thing ever from Micro center and even informed EVGA of this and that none of the cards were purchased but from an RMA and as expected it was sorry no warranty.  well fast forward today and guess what my product page has changed yet again it now shows 2 of my GTX560s were bought at newegg and 1 from FRYS electronics ( now it shows one was bought at frys????????).  not only that you claim 2 of the cards were purchased at newegg and the date shows 2012 well i just checked newegg purchases grom present to 2012 and there NO gtx 560Ti Gpus in my purchase history ( as i said they came in retail boxes from RMA and as such should carry the lifetime warranty of the product they replaced)

are you kidding me EVGA, are you seriously that underhanded that you would slap a (former) loyal customer like this?  are you that despicable that not only will you alter a customers product information to avoid rma of their cards but then alter the product info a second time when you get called out?  funny thing to note is the gpu that was changed just happend to be the one that had it as being bought from microcenter which as i told customer service never was as only thing i had ever bought from MC is a Q6600 cpu.

then i have a 9600GT bought new from local pc shop ( again suppose to be lifetime warranty) and you pull some bull as it was not from authorized retailer???  how is my local PC shop ( sadly now closed) not an authorized retailer, is it because it is small and didnt sell hundred of thousands of dollars of merchandise a week?  is it because we are in a small town roguhly 1.5 hours + from a place like frys, or micro center, or best buy or maybe im right and you just dont want to honor the lifetime warranty because you would have to hand over a much higher end gpu and you dont want to. and just to clarify here is a copy and paste from the my product page on the 9600GT SC:

Warranty Information:                

are you really so desperate to alienate your ( once loyal) customer base?  are you banking that people are stupid and wont notice changes on their product pages?  or are you really that naive and are just rolling the dice and taking your chances you will get lucky?  well in this case you rolle the dice and it came up snakeyes you lose.

so thanks evga for bending me over and i hope like hell i never have to rma my x58 classified 3, god only knows what kind of bull you will pull with it cant wait to good for my it does show in my newegg purchase history at least till the end of the year which after that i will have a screenshot of it for proof so you cant try to (Deleted for Language), i am also taking all of this information to social media conveying my most recent personal experiance about customer service and evga practices.  it is a sad day when a company you once admired shows their true colors

post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/04 20:36:00

Attached Image(s)

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 15:25:11 (permalink)
Sajin, can you please combine the plethora of repeat posts into one thread?
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/02/22 15:27:45
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 15:37:17 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

I've merged both his warranty complaint threads. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 15:42:55 (permalink)
Sajin
the_Scarlet_one

I've merged both his warranty complaint threads. 

You’re a legend!!! Thank you sir.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Warranty Issue I'm unhappy 2018/02/22 15:47:28 (permalink)
Much Better Topic Title.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/22 15:55:10

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 15:55:28 (permalink)
lordraptor1 from Today

rmaed 3 lifetime warranty cards and received 3 retail box GTX 560Ti graphics cards, installed them and didnt think about it again till 2 of tehm died and needed RMA, so i contact evga for rma ( lifetime warranty after all based on original cards) for evga to tell me they werent from rma and that 2 were purchased from newegg and 1 from micro center and when i checked my product page it confirmed what evga said HOWEVE this is complete bull i have only ever bought 1 thing ever from Micro center and even informed EVGA of this and that none of the cards were purchased but from an RMA and as expected it was sorry no warranty.  well fast forward today and guess what my product page has changed yet again it now shows 2 of my GTX560s were bought at newegg and 1 from FRYS electronics ( now it shows one was bought at frys????????)not only that you claim 2 of the cards were purchased at newegg and the date shows 2012 well i just checked newegg purchases grom present to 2012 and there NO gtx 560Ti Gpus in my purchase history ( as i said they came in retail boxes from RMA and as such should carry the lifetime warranty of the product they replaced)

Warranty Information:                

lordraptor1 from 3 weeks ago
hi all just posting this to let everyone know it is with great sadness that i am saying good-bye to old friends.  it with a heavy heart that i must part with EVGA.  i have been let down by EVGA however i should have seen it coming having received new retail box cards from rma and recently 2 of them in my tri-sli rig died which i then noticed that the 3 cards were showing as having been purchased from stores ( 2 from frys electronics and one from microcenter which is impossible knowing that i have only ever bought 1 item ever in my life from microcenter and it was a Q6600 cpu).

anyway i digress, with the cost of cards today and all having the same waranty of 3 years it just isnt feasible to stay with evga especially when evga cards will fail after your warranty has expired making warranty useless anyway. 

so if i factor in all the variables:

evga let down on warranty ( whould have been the lifetime on original cards)
incorrect info on product page ( from rma not from store purchase
customer service ( in theis case it was Blah)
price of cards
tri-sli compatible ( see more below)
gpu pricing ( see more below)

( more below):  the pricing on Gpu's is outright gouging at this point mainly because of crypto miners so that shoots down me preplacing my Tri-sli set up especially when you factor in that all teh tri-sli compatible cards are 250 and up per GPU and the EVGA tri-sli cards are the most expensive ones listed where i have looked.  so this forces me into a single card setup which even then to get something close to what i had with my tri-sli setup im looking at 300 to 350 for a single card.

so let me just say that my pc may go down before i could ever even afford a single card with current prices which definatley rules out tri-sli with the need for 3 cards and cost of those cards per is outrageous.

so good-bye friends i have to look for the most affordable card i can get that will at least be comparable to running a single GTX560Ti 448 core FTW which is what i am currently reduced to and that with every manufacture having a 3 year warranty there is really no benefit to sticking with EVGA.

not only do i have to consider the above but i also have to consider that most of my old friends are already long gone. 

so

GOOD-BYE!

Lordraptor1,

I am confused: the story at the beginning of this thread: https://forums.evga.com/j...-goodbye-m2766810.aspx states that two cards came from frys and one from micro center... switch threads and I t is two from Newegg and one from micro center previously, but now it shows two from Newegg and one from fry’s... This is actually getting hard to track. Can you please clarify which stores you are going with?

Again, buying from a local shop is not authorized. You have to purchased off of the authorized vendors list per the warranty requirements. Please take the time to read... actually read it... the requirements.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/02/22 16:19:59
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 16:18:15 (permalink)
From what I understand none of his cards were purchased from newegg, frys, or micro center, but yet his cards on the my products page state they were purchased from newegg, micro center, or frys when they should be listed as being purchased from evga rma since the cards were rma'd.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/02/22 16:19:22
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 16:22:56 (permalink)
Sajin
From what I understand none of his cards were purchased from newegg, frys, or micro center, but yet his cards on the my products page state they were purchased from newegg, micro center, or frys when they should be listed as being purchased from evga rma since the cards were rma'd.

That is what is confusing.  If they came from RMA, the product page will say "from RMA" not "from (Store name)"

That is what has me curious, and also, why is the story changing?  I understand that he stayed consistent with the 9600, since he purchased it from an unauthorized source, but the others would be confusing.  Hopefully he kept his warranty details in his emails. 
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 16:25:49 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

why is the story changing? 

Exactly. That is why I notified evga in the first place.
lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 18:07:28 (permalink)
Sajin
I've notified evga about this. Should get a response soon. 

sajin i hav already spoken to head of cs, and to jacob, and for the people thinking i dont know what is what rest assured i do i have been around for a whaile.  as far as the when are you going to move on comment i already have as far as my purchases evga is on the black list for buying. 

people need warned about the shady practices from EVGA and changing my products page to deny warranties is bad enough but buying a lifetime warranty GPU from a local store is not authorized and therefore lose the warranty?  guess you should tell that to peopl ein OKC and DFW who buy from smaller shops instead of big chain stores i am sure they would fint it interesting they MUST by from big chain stores to even qualify for warranty.

next lets delve on other aspect tech support, what happened to it head of cs ( well supposed head) basically said i looked and in a round about way said tough didnt even bother trying to look into the errors on my product list just took it at face value.

so, bad customer service and no lifetime warranty make evga no better than any other company  selling GPU's today.  in fact it was the OLD lifetime warranty and customer service that kept me evga loyal well those days are over.  now i will just offer advise on OTHER manufactures products.

one last note:

do NOT believe that power meter thing it is inaccurate, it just claimed i needed a 329.99 1300w evga PSU for a single gpu stock clocked 980x and 4 HDD's ( then again it is an EVGA power supply and maybe it evga psu's arent made as well as reputable brands like enermax/Lepa).

and sajin  nice to see you are still around everyone else i knew like chris B. and everyone else are gone only jacob seems to be still around (that is sad)

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 18:27:50 (permalink)
What did evga have to say about the store (place purchased) constantly being changed around?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/22 20:20:39 (permalink)
LordRaptor1,

Your post just got even more confusing... you just said ChrisB is gone... he LITERALLY posted 5 hours ago on your post. Where has he gone?

Have you taken any screen shots for proof? You said it changed, so did you take a screen shot to show the change?
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/23 00:34:42 (permalink)
You had me for a sec until you said about another GPU.  It's all confusing and not adding up. 

Are you admitting that you had purchased the lifetime GPU from a local unauthorized mom and pop shop?  If that's the case, the warranty is pretty much null unless you had purchased it from an authorized retailer like Newegg and the likes and not from a 3rd party seller.

Still confused...

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10105
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/02/23 00:49:06 (permalink)
Sajin
What did evga have to say about the store (place purchased) constantly being changed around?

That is really what I am wondering. Other issues brought up can be addressed after that but it seems like the main issue he wants addressed.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/03/04 19:22:45 (permalink)
Sajin

correct my GTX 560Ti FTW cards came from rma.  teh cards in question should have the same lifetime warranty as the original cards however EVGA has tampered with the product page and refuse to honor my lifetime warranty so now i am sitting here with only 1 of my tri-slied GTX560 Ti FTW cards still running and it is starting to have issues however evga decided to tamper with my product page and (Deleted for Foul Language)  now im sitting here with my pc that could drop any time and cards that should have a lifetime warranty  which would get me through till people stop price gouging gpu's but no im about to end up with no pc because evga decided it would be better for them to alter my products.  i can tell you straght out the LAST NEW pc products i bought new and those were 3x 9800GTX, a Q6600 CPU, X58 classified 3 mobo, and a 24 Gig kit of Gskill ripjaws ram for the x58 board ( obviously this isnt counting hard drives, thumb drives, blu ray drives,).

straight up EVGA (Deleted for Foul Language).  and Sajin bad news yuo claimed you sent it to evga nad htey would contact me they never did. 

(Deleted for Personal Attacks)  this isnt a products missing issue this is a straight up evga ALTERED the items to show they were purchased from 2 different stores and not from RMA as they should show.  page arrows have NOTHING to do with items coming from rma and showing in "my products" page as being purchased at stores and 2 different stores at that. 

it is also important to note that i had ear on some products which the credit card is now expired and when i brought that up to find how that would affect things i was told this ( and this is a direct quote):

E: "if the card is expired you will have to buy ear"
M: i already had purchased ear just the card i used expired. ar eyou telling me i have to buy ear again?
E:  yes you will have to purchase ear again"
M:  so you are saying i have to re-purchase ear, even though the product that had ear purchased on is outside of ear purchase and therefore ear cannot be purchased?
E:  ?????  ( evga never responded to the last sentence i made so im sure it was evasion).

anyway thanks sajin i know you have been around as long as i have but clearly when EVGA wants to (Deleted for Foul Language) customers they do and they dont even have the (Deleted for Foul Language) to e-mail mail me, all they can do is make a comment regarding page arrows which has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/04 20:46:53

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/03/04 19:25:50 (permalink)
You are obviously trying to get banned.

Didn’t an evga tech tell you to look at the rest of your items listed in the my product pages? Is there something that may have been missed when you looked, and they were trying to get you to verify the rest of your products?
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/03/04 19:27:48
lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/03/04 19:41:45 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
You had me for a sec until you said about another GPU.  It's all confusing and not adding up. 

Are you admitting that you had purchased the lifetime GPU from a local unauthorized mom and pop shop?  If that's the case, the warranty is pretty much null unless you had purchased it from an authorized retailer like Newegg and the likes and not from a 3rd party seller.

Still confused...

no there are 2 cards in question

lets see if i can simplify this:

first card: original purchase 9800 GTX tri-sli, 2 failed.  rma done, received 3 9800 GTX + cards, again 2 failed rma done receive GTX 550 Ti again eventually they started to (Word deleted) and an RMA was done at which time i received new in retail box GTX 560Ti FTW fro the RMA which 2 have failed and third is starting to have issues however in my prduct page it doesnt show the 560 Ti FTW as coming from rma but store purchases at 2 different locations ( altered by EVGA)
second card: is a 9600GT superclocked bought brand new factory sealed from local pc shop (ar with lifetime warranty), however evga pulled a "not authorized reseller" card and are denying warranty on it.

so that is 2 ways EVGA has (Deleted for Foul Language).  i have since taken the cooler off of the 9600 and am using that card to hold the window open during the day ( of course i have removed ALL indications it is an EVGA card as i dont want to give EVGA ANY advertising  ( they do NOT deserve any). and the 2 GTX 560 TI FTW's are sitting in their boxes on the shelf and the thid is still limping along in my pc as i dont have any replacement card to use except an old radeon X700 Pro that came out of a beat up system but the card still works flawlessly albeit the card will barely run on my system and then i would have to use a DVI to HDMI adapter.  what makes it even more disappointing is im running 1080p on a 4k Tv because my cards didnt support 4k.

so if evga wants to fix their screw up fine if not i have no need for the shady practices.  if they want to contact me they have my e-mail adress.

post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/04 20:48:54

lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/03/04 19:46:19 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
You are obviously trying to get banned.

Didn’t an evga tech tell you to look at the rest of your items listed in the my product pages? Is there something that may have been missed when you looked, and they were trying to get you to verify the rest of your products?

(Deleted for Personal Attacks)  i saw ALL my products using the arrows im not (Deleted for Foul Language), i am talking about products showing as purchases not rma as they should be reading, also the 9600 is there and showing place of purchase and all showing it has lifetime warranty but evga wouldnt honor it ( now it is a window open prop spray painted black and the heatsink shroud has been stripped  and repainted to remove EVGA from it and is being used as a venting fan for when i charge lipo battery packs.

post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/04 20:51:58

lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/03/04 19:49:21 (permalink)
Sajin

do you really have to ask that???  dude they have not yet adressed it and i have brought it up dozens of times  hell you saw the response from EVGA right here where they started talking about page arrows completely avoiding the issue.

they have straight up proved my point right here in this thread side skirting the issue by not adressing the issue of the changes to my product page which is causing me to lose my warranties.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: calling out evga on underhanded practice 2018/03/04 20:10:38 (permalink)

Temp locking for review.

EDIT: Had to clean up some posts for various TOS violations. If this continues the thread will be locked for good. Contact CS if you still have a problem.

Unlocking
post edited by XrayMan - 2018/03/04 20:53:47

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile