EVGA

GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility

Author
jinkazama82it
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/30 03:04:46 (permalink)
Hi to all, i have a Zotac (yes isn't a EVGA I'm sorry) GTX 560 Ti and on my Windows 10 I've installed the 4.1.0 PrecisionX software for set-up a good fan curve and work wery well, in 2015 I tried to install 5.3.10 version on my windows PC but it lost the configuration at every startup of the PC so I reverted to 4.1.0, is this issue solved on 6.1.4? PrecisionX 6.1.4 support the GTX 560 Ti?

Don't stop to think, act!

My Desktop Spec.:
iTek Invader R03 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | i7-6700K 3.4GHz | Ram 2x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | Zotac GTX 560 Ti | CPU Cooler System: Cooler Master V8 GTS | GPU Cooler System: Accelero Xtreme IV | PSU Cooler Master SilentPro 600W | 2x Option Fan 120mm (Front, Back) | 1x Option Fan 140mm (Side Panel)

8 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/04/30 03:30:43 (permalink)
    Yes it will work, with limited functionality..Precision XOC was designed primarily for the new EVGA cards with iCX Technology and won't be fully functional with a non-EVGA/non-iCX card..Some features like probably overvolting for one, and auto-overclocking for another, will not be available because you have an older/non-iCX Zotac card..An EVGA card is normally needed for full functionality in Precision, even older versions..All you can do is try the new version and see how you like it and how it works, but it's probably best to just stick with an older version of Precision that works for you or use MSI Afterburner instead.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/04/30 03:49:55 (permalink)

Moved to General Hardware. (Non-Evga product)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    jinkazama82it
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/04/30 04:00:09 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Moved to General Hardware. (Non-Evga product)

Sorry i haven't noticed this section my fault, thanks for moved it in the right place.

bob16314
    Yes it will work, with limited functionality..Precision XOC was designed primarily for the new EVGA cards with iCX Technology and won't be fully functional with a non-EVGA/non-iCX card..Some features like probably overvolting for one, and auto-overclocking for another, will not be available because you have an older/non-iCX Zotac card..An EVGA card is normally needed for full functionality in Precision, even older versions..All you can do is try the new version and see how you like it and how it works, but it's probably best to just stick with an older version of Precision that works for you or use MSI Afterburner instead.

I hope in someone that already tested it but probably simply my Graphic card is too old for hope on it ... probably the best way is try it myself (even if is a big waste of time instal new version and revert to old if new version don't work). I've already tried MSI afterburner and don't work properly with my graphic card.

My Desktop Spec.:
    iTek Invader R03 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | i7-6700K 3.4GHz | Ram 2x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | Zotac GTX 560 Ti | CPU Cooler System: Cooler Master V8 GTS | GPU Cooler System: Accelero Xtreme IV | PSU Cooler Master SilentPro 600W | 2x Option Fan 120mm (Front, Back) | 1x Option Fan 140mm (Side Panel)
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/04/30 18:25:21 (permalink)

No problem.     =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    jinkazama82it
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/05/03 05:37:28 (permalink)
    I've tried it, the latest version work but with latest version increase the usage of CPU and set memory to 1000MHz instead of 2000MHz and the oldest version is more lightweight than newest version.

My conclusion is that oldest version is better than the newest for this Graphic card.

My Desktop Spec.:
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3677
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/05/11 07:43:22 (permalink)
    Honestly for non EVGA cards I'd go with afterburner
    jinkazama82it
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/05/23 13:48:53 (permalink)
    sorry for longest awaiting, I've tried afterburner at the beginning but don't like to me the old evga app. is the best for me.

My Desktop Spec.:
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: GTX 560 Ti and PrecisionX Compatibility 2017/05/24 00:28:22 (permalink)
    jinkazama82it
    Hi to all, i have a Zotac (yes isn't a EVGA I'm sorry) GTX 560 Ti and on my Windows 10 I've installed the 4.1.0 PrecisionX software for set-up a good fan curve and work wery well, in 2015 I tried to install 5.3.10 version on my windows PC but it lost the configuration at every startup of the PC so I reverted to 4.1.0, 

The last legacy version of Precision was v4.2.1 which has the features and fixes at the time of release shown below, uses RivaTuner Statistics Server for OSD, and was the last version created for EVGA by Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder (RivaTuner and MSI Afterburner creator).

If you would like that particular 'newest legacy version', you can find it around here and there (at perhaps some less-than-trustworthy download locations), or I have the original from the old EVGA Downloads here on my OneDrive page.

Release Date: 7/18/13

System Requirements:
    Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP 
    GeForce 600, 500, 400 or 200 series graphics card

Features:
    • GPU and Memory Frequency/Clock Offset
    • Power Target Control (GeForce GTX 680)
    • Frame Rate Target Control
    • GPU Voltage Adjustment
    • Fan Control/Fan Curve
    • Profiling system allowing up to 10 profiles with optional hotkey
    • Robust monitoring allowing ingame, system tray, and/or Logitech LCD monitoring
    • In game screenshot hotkey, supports BMP, PNG and JPG formats
    • Multi-language support: English, Dutch, French, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian

On-Screen Display server has been upgraded:
    • The server is no longer being distributed as a part of client applications like EVGA Precision. Now it comes with own installer and can be optionally installed when necessary. EVGA Precision will automatically hide any server dependent functionality (such as On-Screen Display, framerate monitoring, automatic 2D/3D profiles management, screen capture and so on) when the server is not installed
    • Ported to new VC++ compiler, new core and skin engine libraries with better extendibility
    • Slightly redesigned skin. Now framerate limiting and custom Direct3D runtime libraries support can be controlled directly from the main window
    • Updated RTSSSharedMemorySample sample code. Now the sample demonstrates how to detect the server installation path and launch the server from a third party client application
    • Fixed color sequence pattern for NVIDIA FCAT system under Direct3D10 and Direct3D11
    • Added alternate FCAT rendering modes for multi-GPU systems
    • Added On-Screen Display profile for Doom 3: BFG edition
    • Updated Italian localization
    • Updated EVGA Voltage Tuner utility
    • K-Boost no longer requires system reboot after enabling
    • K-Boost can now be enabled with SLI enabled
    • Updated EVGA PixelClock overclocking utility
    • GUI Error fix
    • Now shows real time Pixel Clock and Refresh Rate
    • Updated EVGA Bridge utility
    • Bugfixes
    • Recompiled kernel mode driver to bypass false positive in driver verifier
    • Includes EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Skin

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile