Helpful ReplyHot!Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 34
Author
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/24 14:10:10 (permalink)
bdary
GTXJackBauer
XrayMan

Hopefully 1909 will fix 1903.

I did get a chuckle out of that when I read it...

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Bobmitch
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8328
  • Ribbons : 47
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 06:41:43 (permalink)
KB4522355 available:  1903   18362.449

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4522355

Version:
OS Build 18362.449
Note Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

ePub support ended in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge has ended support for e-books that use the .epub file extension. For more information, see Download an ePub app to keep reading e-books.

For more information about the various types of Windows updates, such as critical, security, driver, service packs, and so on, please see the following article.

Highlights

• Updates an issue that prevents Microsoft Narrator from working in certain touch mode scenarios.
  • Updates an issue that starts assistive technology (AT) (such as Microsoft Narrator, Magnifier, or NVDA) after signing in when you've configured it to start before signing in. 
  • Updates an issue that causes Magnifier to stop working in certain scenarios, and you have to restart it manually. 
  • Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working in the middle of a session in certain scenarios. 
  • Updates an issue that might prevent a scroll bar from being selected. 
  • Updates an issue that allows a device to go to Sleep (S3) even if you configure the device to never sleep. 
  • Updates an issue that prevents you from shrinking a window in some cases.
  • Updates an issue that prevents you from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
  • Updates an issue that causes screen flickering or is slow to display the screen when you show application thumbnails on a monitor that has high dots per inch (DPI).
  • Updates an issue that causes the tile for the Photos app to appear larger than expected in the Start menu under certain conditions. 
  • Updates an issue that causes the system to stop responding at the sign-in screen.
  • Updates an issue that might cause a black screen to appear the first time you sign in after installing a feature or quality update.
  • Updates an issue that causes the Start menu, the Cortana Search bar, Tray icons, or Microsoft Edge to stop responding in certain scenarios after installing a monthly update.

Improvements and fixes

This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
    • Addresses an issue with the behavior of the Origin HTTP header when you use Internet Explorer to make cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) requests to redirect resources in internal subnets. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Narrator from working in certain touch mode scenarios. 
    • Addresses an issue with syncing settings from the Accounts page when the "Continue experiences on this device" Group Policy is disabled. 
    • Addresses an issue that starts assistive technology (AT) (such as Microsoft Narrator, Magnifier, or NVDA) after signing in when the Ease of Access Center setting requires AT to start before signing in. 
    • Addresses an error message that appears when you open an app after enabling NT Virtual DOS Machine (NTVDM) and the legacy console mode. The error message is, "OACClearArry: Cannot connect to Trace32 OLE Automation server. Error code: -2147483645." 
    • Addresses an issue that causes Magnifier to stop working in certain scenarios, and the user must restart it manually. 
    • Updates time zone information for Norfolk Island, Australia. 
    • Updates time zone information for the Fiji Islands. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working in the middle of a user session in certain scenarios. 
    • Addresses an issue that fails to set the default Command Prompt window color when you use the color command without a parameter. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes the Microsoft Windows Search Indexer (searchindexer.exe) to add or repair required access control lists (ACLs) without checking if ACLs exist. 
    • Addresses an issue in which controls in Win32 applications intermittently fail to render correctly when started from a logoff script using the "Run shutdown scripts visible" policy.
    • Addresses an issue in which installing many fonts in the system causes applications to stop responding. 
    • Addresses an issue with high CPU usage in Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) when you disconnect from a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session. 
    • Addresses an issue that might prevent a scroll bar from being selected when an ActiveX control implements the CScrollView class. This occurs if you move the Internet Explorer window, which then moves the scroll bar to the left. 
    • Addresses an issue that allows the system to go to Sleep (S3) after two minutes of inactivity even if you configure the sleep timer to never sleep. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents users from reducing the size of a window in some cases. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft SharePoint file names to appear incorrectly in the Quick access and Recent items folders. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents you from establishing virtual private network (VPN) connections. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes screen flickering or is slow to display the screen when you show application thumbnails on high dots per inch (DPI) monitors. 
    • Addresses an issue with incorrect permissions on a user’s class registry keys that prevents users from opening files, links, and applications. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes the tile for the Photos app to appear larger than expected in the Start menu under certain conditions. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes the system to stop responding at the sign-in screen. 
    • Addresses an issue with the multifactor unlock policy of Windows Hello for Business, which fails to show the default sign-in option on Windows 10 devices. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes Windows Search to close unexpectedly when a Group Policy applies sub-groups to the Start menu layout. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents you from retrieving the correct Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) information by setting the DHCP LeaseTerminatesTime and LeaseObatinedTime parameters to the correct format.
    • Addresses an issue with diagnostic data processing when a device has the Diagnostic data setting enabled and set to Basic. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Internet Explorer from opening when Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) is being used to roam many favorites. 
    • Addresses an issue that improves the reliability of the UE-V AppMonitor. 
    • Addresses an issue in which Microsoft AppLocker might prevent an application from running or log a false positive error instead of running the application. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents netdom.exe from displaying the new ticket-granting ticket (TGT) delegation bit for the display or query mode. 
    • Addresses an issue that might cause Direct Access servers to use a large amount of non-paged pool memory (pooltag: NDnd). 
    • Addresses an issue with AppContainer firewall rules that leak when guest users or mandatory user profile users sign in and sign out from Windows Server. 
    • Addresses an issue that prevents the Unified Write Filter (UWF) servicing mode of Windows Update from working with the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server. 
    • Addresses an issue that causes all Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) dynamic ports to be consumed. As a result, network communications will fail for any protocol or operation using dynamic ports. 
    • Addresses an issue with applications and scripts that call the NetQueryDisplayInformation API or the WinNT provider equivalent. They might fail to return results after the first page of data, often 50 or 100 entries. When requesting additional pages, you might receive the error, “1359: an internal error occurred.” 
    • Addresses an issue that disrupts window ordering after tooltips appear in the RemoteApp window. 
    • Improves an access control list (ACL) check for Known Folders to prevent a black screen that appears the first time a user signs in after installing a feature or quality update. 
    • Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows. 
    • Addresses issue with Autopilot self-deploying mode and White glove deployments.Addresses an issue in which the pszTargetName parameter was set incorrectly in the InitializeSecurityContext() API.
    • Addresses an issue that causes the Start menu, the Cortana Search bar, Tray icons, or Microsoft Edge to stop responding in certain scenarios after installing a monthly update.
post edited by bobmitch - 2019/10/25 06:45:39

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  ;  Lian Li Lancool III;  EVGA Z15; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30978
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 07:04:18 (permalink)
Thanks bobmitch

that is a long list for an out of cycle update ... hope it works .. this time

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 07:30:45 (permalink)
just a tad of issues lately from updates , huh ?

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10330
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 08:31:43 (permalink)
I saw that update (KB4522355) this morning as an optional update.  I installed it an hour ago.  We'll see how things go...

EyeDeeNo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 670
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 09:11:37 (permalink)
Yeah yesterday was fun, found Cumulative update for Autopilot in Win10 v1903 waiting for a restart than after (also optional) KB4522741 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Win10 V1903 which needed another restart and than the KB4522355.
Ha-ha would have been nice to do all at once.
post edited by EyeDeeNo - 2019/10/25 09:16:16

Lenovo 710-25ISH IdeaCentre with an Intel Core i5-6400 ~ Win10 Home 64-Bit 21H2
Lenovo 3642 Motherboard Intel H170 Chipset ~ BIOS FWKTA7A 11/7/2019
FSP Group FSP250-30AGBAA 250w 80 Plus Bronze
EVGA 04G-P4-6251-KR GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming VBIOS 86.07.22.00.50 ~ Precision XOC 6.0.9 ~ Game Ready 516.59
G.SKILL F4-2400C15Q-4GNT Value DDR4 4x4GB Kit
Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 MX500 SSD 1TB Firmware M3CR043 (Sabrent BK-PCBS) + Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 Barracuda HDD 2TB
Pioneer BDR-209UBK Blu-ray Burner ~ Firmware 1.54 10/7/2020
AOC E2475SWQE 23.6'' 1ms TN 1080p 60Hz Monitor via Athena CLH-DP0612MM28 DP + Samsung UN32J5500AF 31.5'' TV via Belkin F8V3311B15 HDMI
Creative GigaWorks
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 13:11:36 (permalink)
bdary
I saw that update (KB4522355) this morning as an optional update.  I installed it an hour ago.  We'll see how things go...

I'll join ya on that one.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/25 21:29:01 (permalink)
EyeDeeNo
Yeah yesterday was fun, found Cumulative update for Autopilot in Win10 v1903 waiting for a restart than after (also optional) KB4522741 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Win10 V1903 which needed another restart and than the KB4522355.
Ha-ha would have been nice to do all at once.

Updated here too. Let's see how it goes.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
flyinion
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2275
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 01:39:45 (permalink)
Well apparently I'm going to have to manually download that new update and try it.  I reinstalled the one that keeps giving me issues and this time it totally broke the start menu, uninstalled and reinstalled and it did it again.  Windows update wouldn't find that new one either so manually downloading and hoping it fixes the start menu or I'm rolling both back and putting MS on ignore for a month while they figure it out.

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
flyinion
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 01:50:06 (permalink)
What the................... I give up.  This latest update fixed the broken start menu (which was a new symptom this round of installs, the other update wasn't causing that before) but now the search box is broken again.  I guess after years of not having problems with updates my turn came around ughhhhhhhhhh.

edit:  LOL now I don't know what to do.  I decided to do a restart first and now the search box works.  I guess I'll let it sit overnight and see what happens.
post edited by flyinion - 2019/10/26 01:53:05

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 01:55:44 (permalink)
Microsoft is ending a lot of support for Microsoft Edge because of the new version that is coming. The Microsoft Edge develop version is personally recommended by me over the old version. The new version uses Chromium. Sadly BING still needs improvements. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 07:18:16 (permalink)
flyinion
What the................... I give up.  This latest update fixed the broken start menu (which was a new symptom this round of installs, the other update wasn't causing that before) but now the search box is broken again.  I guess after years of not having problems with updates my turn came around ughhhhhhhhhh.

edit:  LOL now I don't know what to do.  I decided to do a restart first and now the search box works.  I guess I'll let it sit overnight and see what happens.

I don't understand how you're having so many MS issues.  Is it bad downloads, corrupted files, bad registry, etc.?  I would reinstall windows and start fresh as much as it could be a pain.  Worth the trouble and you can slowly install all the apps you use to see who starts trouble.  Make sure to restart every time you install and or update.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 09:01:34 (permalink)
About 24 hours since the last optional update "http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4522355" and no issue's with this or any of the other recent updates this past week...  So far, so good.

EyeDeeNo
SSC Member
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 09:01:52 (permalink)
XrayMan

Updated here too. Let's see how it goes.

Two days and counting, so far the system is running superbly. Have already cleaned out the leftovers.

rjohnson11
Microsoft is ending a lot of support for Microsoft Edge because of the new version that is coming. The Microsoft Edge develop version is personally recommended by me over the old version. The new version uses Chromium. Sadly BING still needs improvements. 

Been waiting all year for the official release but maybe soon or next year sometime is anyone's guess?

Bing has always work just fine for my needs but than again I stopped regularly using Google since the launch of Bing.

EVGA 04G-P4-6251-KR GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming VBIOS 86.07.22.00.50 ~ Precision XOC 6.0.9 ~ Game Ready 516.59
Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 MX500 SSD 1TB Firmware M3CR043 (Sabrent BK-PCBS) + Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 Barracuda HDD 2TB
AOC E2475SWQE 23.6'' 1ms TN 1080p 60Hz Monitor via Athena CLH-DP0612MM28 DP + Samsung UN32J5500AF 31.5'' TV via Belkin F8V3311B15 HDMI
Creative GigaWorks
flyinion
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 09:31:24 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
flyinion

I don't understand how you're having so many MS issues.  Is it bad downloads, corrupted files, bad registry, etc.?  I would reinstall windows and start fresh as much as it could be a pain.  Worth the trouble and you can slowly install all the apps you use to see who starts trouble.  Make sure to restart every time you install and or update.

I think it's all the fault of that one update. It seems fine now. Really don't want to reinstall since I just did that two months ago when I built the system. MS just needs to stop putting out broken updates.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 11:53:47 (permalink)
flyinion

MS just needs to stop putting out broken updates.

Can't argue with you there. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
bob16314
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8048
  • Ribbons : 761
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/26 21:46:44 (permalink)
Zero issues here in the last few days after the KB4522355 update.

Guess I'm luck, but the one and only Win10 update that ever caused a problem for me was KB4056892 that caused AI Suite to not even launch.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/28 12:00:50 (permalink)

I'll give it a shot then.. thanks early guinea pigs

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/31 16:52:53 (permalink)
Where do we sign up for “Sue you Microsoft’s Whore Scum Bucket for Crap OS Win10!”
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/10/31 19:47:36 (permalink)
knightsilver
Where do we sign up for “Sue you Microsoft’s Whore Scum Bucket for Crap OS Win10!”

Apply at http://takeanumberandgetinline.sucker   ;)

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

boylerya
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/01 20:27:37 (permalink)
Im using Win 10 Pro version 1903.  Havent had any issues since I updated it about a month ago.  But then today out of nowhere I had two instances where I tried to click the windows icon to shut down and it did nothing.  No pop up or anything, just like clicking empty space on the desktop.  I went to my processes to see if anything was strange and didnt notice anything.  Manually shut down.  After that incident I kept my performance window open to keep an eye on my cpu utilization.  Nothing abnormal happened, but I noticed that this version is very poorly optimized.  When I am doing absolutely nothing it sits at 1%, but when I move my mouse cursor rapidly around the screen my CPU usage will jump to 20 to 25% on overall CPU usage, the burden goes to one core that will be going at about 50%.  Unacceptable.  The GPU will spike up to 3%, which is not bad comparatively.

I found out that if I move the mouse around over a full screen browser window it only spikes up to 10 to 15% the my overall CPU.

i7-860 @ 3.54 w/ DDR3 RAM @ 1866.  HT off.
EVGA P55 FTW 200
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
post edited by boylerya - 2019/11/01 22:43:57

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
Garlic is the Antichrist.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/02 08:03:52 (permalink)
boylerya
Im using Win 10 Pro version 1903.  Havent had any issues since I updated it about a month ago.  But then today out of nowhere I had two instances where I tried to click the windows icon to shut down and it did nothing.  No pop up or anything, just like clicking empty space on the desktop.  I went to my processes to see if anything was strange and didnt notice anything.  Manually shut down.  After that incident I kept my performance window open to keep an eye on my cpu utilization.  Nothing abnormal happened, but I noticed that this version is very poorly optimized.  When I am doing absolutely nothing it sits at 1%, but when I move my mouse cursor rapidly around the screen my CPU usage will jump to 20 to 25% on overall CPU usage, the burden goes to one core that will be going at about 50%.  Unacceptable.  The GPU will spike up to 3%, which is not bad comparatively.

I found out that if I move the mouse around over a full screen browser window it only spikes up to 10 to 15% the my overall CPU.

EVGA P55 FTW 200
EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Maybe it was M$/GE telemetry watching your every step. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
boylerya
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/03 16:08:47 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
boylerya

EVGA P55 FTW 200
EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Maybe it was M$/GE telemetry watching your every step. 

My gaming isnt lagged or anything else, just moving the cursor on the desktop is unacceptably burdensome on my CPU.  Others have reported the same results elsewhere.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
Garlic is the Antichrist.
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/03 21:22:47 (permalink)
So, the norm is now ,Updates are to installed as a fresh OS install?

Makes me miss Win7 servicepacks....................

I seriously hate Win10!!
post edited by knightsilver - 2019/11/03 21:25:56
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/04 05:00:52 (permalink)
knightsilver
So, the norm is now ,Updates are to installed as a fresh OS install?

Makes me miss Win7 servicepacks....................

I seriously hate Win10!!

What do you mean?  As long as your current data isn't being erased, no big deal imo.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
EyeDeeNo
SSC Member
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/04 10:40:06 (permalink)
I know Microsoft does not like registry cleaners but I still will use CCleaner's registry cleaner often but only after a system restart to see if Windows wants to fix it first and like to think maybe is part of the reason I do not see many issues after an update. 🤔

Creative GigaWorks
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/04 10:49:10 (permalink)
EyeDeeNo
I know Microsoft does not like registry cleaners but I still will use CCleaner's registry cleaner often but only after a system restart to see if Windows wants to fix it first and like to think maybe is part of the reason I do not see many issues after an update. 🤔

+1.  I still use it as well for cleaning the registry.  I don't update the ccleaner beyond version 5.40 however.  That was the last good version in my opinion.

knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/04 14:50:59 (permalink)
I updated the wife’s laptop a few weeks ago, now the dern things is a data whore ! And WiFi got screwed to hell...

Was asking, if I’d get a better OS update if I did a clean OS Install with the last Win10 Update Build?
DeadMedic
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 362
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/04 16:31:51 (permalink)
Updated my desktop listed below last week to install Xbox game pass. No issues so far on that one. Been trying to update my Intel Nuc for a couple days with no success. Keep getting Blue screens & then it restores to previous version. I've updated all the drivers. IDK. Might do a restore then try again. I've also read to disconnect one stick of RAM, Wifi card & any other hardware. 

LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic
Corsair HX1200
ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
64G DDR4 3600 (G.Skill Royal)
RTX 3090 Tuf
WD BLACK SN850 2TB Win 10 Pro
4TB SSD
WD 4TB Blue
WD 2Tb Green 

Heatware
bob16314
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8048
  • Ribbons : 761
Re: Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread 2019/11/04 16:41:48 (permalink)
DeadMedic
Been trying to update my Intel Nuc for a couple days with no success. Keep getting Blue screens & then it restores to previous version. I've updated all the drivers. IDK. Might do a restore then try again. I've also read to disconnect one stick of RAM, Wifi card & any other hardware. 

Using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant might help, maybe.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 34
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile