EVGA

Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CyrusTheGreat
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 16:14:48 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
All you really are doing is telling Members here on the Forum. Being a Member to Member Forum.
We are the same as you a Member here on the Forum Not an EVGA Employee and this applies to EVGA Forum Moderator's as well.
You are not a Customer here on the Forum Only a Member here on the Forum like me.
Only Forum Members Username that start with EVGA are EVGA Employees.

Best to bring up the lack of Inventory with EVGA Directly

Contact Us

Any emails I send to a corporate mailbox will be ignored.

I am very surprised that the majority of you are willing to accept this type of business practice to be honest. Just keep in mind - that mentality enables them to continue leaving you all waiting over, and over, and over again while they prioritize maximum profit and pushing their most expensive cards by squeezing the stock of the more affordable ones.

Nothing will change unless you decide to speak out against it. Take care, friend.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 16:20:34 (permalink)
"Any emails I send to a corporate mailbox will be ignored"
Not really true, I have gotten 2 Replies over the last few months so they are not ignored.
For the most part this is Normal "Business Practice" for a small company with low volume supply and High Demand.
Is a small company suppose to make 1 Million 2070 Super Cards to only sale 200,000 and then the newer or next model card comes out what are the to do with the other 800,000 cards?
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/07/27 16:24:34

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

CyrusTheGreat
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 16:58:24 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
"Any emails I send to a corporate mailbox will be ignored"
Not really true, I have gotten 2 Replies over the last few months so they are not ignored.
For the most part this is Normal "Business Practice" for a small company with low volume supply and High Demand.
Is a small company suppose to make 1 Million 2070 Super Cards to only sale 200,000 and then the newer or next model card comes out what are the to do with the other 800,000 cards?

Well... They've been selling GPU's for the last atleast 7 years. I had their 570 SC before the 970 SSC.

A company that makes 1,000,000 cards with no idea if they will ever sell is one thing. A company that analyzes historical data and sees that on average over the last 7 years, they sold 1,000,000 cards at launch would produce those million cards before launch in order to keep their customers happy.

A data comparison isn't hard to do. I write VBA macros at work that do those automatically in seconds. As always, the launch strategy is designed to make people desperate from waiting so that they jump on the higher priced cards (that conveniently never seem to be out of stock like the 2080ti, because you spend $1,400 on it with relatively little actual extra dollar cost for them to make).

Stop accepting mediocre because these companies aren't concerned with your satisfaction unless you're buying their "Cadillac" model. This type of nonsense proves that they simply don't have respect for the average customer.
post edited by CyrusTheGreat - 2019/07/27 17:05:14
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 17:05:44 (permalink)
Not really following what Point you are tying to make here on the Forum.
Some buy EVGA some do not and if you feel the EVGA is not meeting your expectations then fine another company.
I very satisfied with EVGA and their Products and if not then I have no reason to be here on the EVGA Forum.  

CyrusTheGreat
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 17:09:41 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Some buy EVGA some do not and if you feel the EVGA is not meeting your expectations then fine another company.
I very satisfied with EVGA and their Products and if not then I have no reason to be here on the EVGA Forum.  

The point is simple, really. Staff and employees post here - i've seen it with my own eyes. I hope they see this thread. I am not interested in calling a customer service line where the person who will answer has no interest in what I have to say because they're not paid enough to care at the end of the day.

If you don't feel this conversation contains anything of importance to you, you're welcome to move on - no harm no foul and I will respectfully make sure to stop tagging you in my responses.

Stock gouging is unacceptable to me - period. I was satisfied with EVGA for years - this (increasingly common) stock gouging practice is not something anyone should be satisfied with.

Just a final thought - check out some reading on Market manipulation and see if this doesn't sound identical ;)

enjoy the rest of your weekend, friend.
post edited by CyrusTheGreat - 2019/07/27 17:13:25
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 17:17:15 (permalink)
CyrusTheGreat
bcavnaugh

The point is simple, really. Staff and employees post here - i've seen it with my own eyes. I hope they see this thread. I am not interested in calling a customer service line where the person who will answer has no interest in what I have to say because they're not paid enough to care at the end of the day.

If you don't feel this conversation contains anything of importance to you, you're welcome to move on - no harm no foul and I will respectfully make sure to stop tagging you in my responses.

Stock gouging is unacceptable to me - period. I was satisfied with EVGA for years - this (increasingly common) stock gouging practice is not something anyone should be satisfied with.

Just a final thought - check out some reading on Market manipulation and see if this doesn't sound identical ;)

I guess you did not hear about this years EVGA Layoffs.
Moving One Now. Best of luck in what you are doing.

CyrusTheGreat
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 17:19:50 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
CyrusTheGreat
bcavnaugh

I guess you did not hear about this years EVGA Layoffs.
Moving One Now. Best of luck in what you are doing.

Well - when you create a good product, but don't stand above the competition in terms of marketing and matching your supply with the demand, your net profits take a hit because people get tired of it. I feel sorry for those employees who now are unemployed due to poor management from the ones making the most (as with all poorly run corporations). Gigabyte can get their stock flow in order - no excuse.

Have a nice evening and a good rest of the weekend. Enjoyed our chat. Take care.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10105
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 19:01:46 (permalink)
Really I think this thread shows why they have a inventory issues. A lot of gamers like you saw the benchmarks and want the card just like you do. It’s as simple as that. You don’t want a junk card and want something of quality with solid performance. It’s being an informed smart buyer.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Steve1232111
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 20:59:23 (permalink)
I preordered my EVGA Super 2070 close to two weeks ago from B&HPhoto.

I could upgrade to a EVGA Super 2080 - well, except they aren't in stock either!  If there is supply manipulation going on to convince me to upgrade it's not well thought out!

I'm buying a new GPU, from a company that is known for having a solid warranty (that's why I've opted for EVGA).  If I was so impatient that waiting a few weeks caused me to cancel the sale, all that would happen is I would buy a non EVGA version...

I sincerely think you are seeing malice where there is none.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/27 21:11:01 (permalink)
Cyrus,

To be fair, B&H sold you a pre-order. B&H didn’t have any idea when they would have any stock, they just sold you a promise with no way to keep it. B&H is the key component of all of the failure in all of your complaints, because B&H didn’t have any idea when they would be able to deliver a product.

Anyone can sell you the pre-order for a Titan RTX II 24gb HBMIV card, with no idea when it will be delivered, just like B&H does. All B&H does is wait for the official announcement and then immediately collects everyone’s money knowing that they do not have to worry about set dates because “it’s a pre-order, we will ship it when we have it.”

B&H has your money and probably puts it into an account that accrues interest. It just sits there making them more money until they ship an actual product or you cancel the order.

B&H probably hasn’t told you how many other pre-orders they are required to fill before they get to your spot in the pre-order line up as well. They just tell you that they don’t have any information because they sold you a product they didn’t have. That is why pre-orders are not a method for purchasing, you don’t have all of the information, unless they give you a guaranteed delivery date.

B&H does this with every single item they sell as a pre-order. This isn’t single manufacturer problem specifically, it’s a Pre-Order problem.
CyrusTheGreat
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 06:44:36 (permalink)
Steve1232111
I preordered my EVGA Super 2070 close to two weeks ago from B&HPhoto.

I could upgrade to a EVGA Super 2080 - well, except they aren't in stock either!  If there is supply manipulation going on to convince me to upgrade it's not well thought out!

I'm buying a new GPU, from a company that is known for having a solid warranty (that's why I've opted for EVGA).  If I was so impatient that waiting a few weeks caused me to cancel the sale, all that would happen is I would buy a non EVGA version...

I sincerely think you are seeing malice where there is none.

the_Scarlet_one
Cyrus,

To be fair, B&H sold you a pre-order. B&H didn’t have any idea when they would have any stock, they just sold you a promise with no way to keep it. B&H is the key component of all of the failure in all of your complaints, because B&H didn’t have any idea when they would be able to deliver a product.

Anyone can sell you the pre-order for a Titan RTX II 24gb HBMIV card, with no idea when it will be delivered, just like B&H does. All B&H does is wait for the official announcement and then immediately collects everyone’s money knowing that they do not have to worry about set dates because “it’s a pre-order, we will ship it when we have it.”

B&H has your money and probably puts it into an account that accrues interest. It just sits there making them more money until they ship an actual product or you cancel the order.

B&H probably hasn’t told you how many other pre-orders they are required to fill before they get to your spot in the pre-order line up as well. They just tell you that they don’t have any information because they sold you a product they didn’t have. That is why pre-orders are not a method for purchasing, you don’t have all of the information, unless they give you a guaranteed delivery date.

B&H does this with every single item they sell as a pre-order. This isn’t single manufacturer problem specifically, it’s a Pre-Order problem.

I can honestly answer both of you by repeating something I have said more than once.

The distributor should not release a product they knowingly can't stock the demand for. The fault doesn't lie with a retailer who is also left in the dark as to when they can expect the next supply due to the push to release the series with no contingency plan because of fear of AMD's new line.

Review historical data, determine an estimated number of cards you expect to sell based on the historical average from past year flagship launches and stock that number before releasing it. To try and pitch stock responsibility to the retailer is simply not legitimate in my opinion.

Anywho, like I said, if you all are satisfied with the status-quo then so be it. B&H doesn't have my money either - I use their 12 months same-as-cash card, so they haven't received a dollar yet because they don't finalize the order until they receive the stock (which EVGA has provided no date for).

Have a great rest of your weekend.
post edited by CyrusTheGreat - 2019/07/28 06:46:58
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 07:50:59 (permalink)
CyrusTheGreat As always, the launch strategy is designed to make people desperate from waiting so that they jump on the higher priced cards (that conveniently never seem to be out of stock like the 2080ti, because you spend $1,400 on it with relatively little actual extra dollar cost for them to make).

Stop accepting mediocre because these companies aren't concerned with your satisfaction unless you're buying their "Cadillac" model. This type of nonsense proves that they simply don't have respect for the average customer.

The 2080 Ti uses the lowest binned and highest volume version of their top of the line TU102 chip.  Trust me, it most certainly cost them substantially extra to develop and build that chip, and it costs more to build the boards to support it. If anything there is price inflation on the premium cooler versions of the Ti vs. the lower line cards.
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 08:01:44 (permalink)
I ordered an OOS MB from B&H a few months ago.  It came back in stock and they didn't ship it immediately, so hit up CS and they created a new order for me to get it out right away.    They were happy to do what they could to resolve it.

Part of the reason the 2070S might be in short supply is that it uses a low binned version of the TU104 chip.  Obviously they want to take chips that come off the foundry line with enough bad cores that they can't be used in the 2080S or workstation cards, so it's possible that the foundry's yields are so good that they aren't producing enough marginal quality chips to satisfy the 2070S demand.

BTW, the chips are likely built at the main TMSC Foundry in Taiwan, they are biggest commercial foundry company in the world and build cutting edge chips for many companies.  Even though they are huge they have contracts, schedules and finite capabilities.  Everything else in the cards is pretty normal commodity components that should be in ample supply.

post edited by kevinc313 - 2019/07/28 08:08:38
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 09:26:13 (permalink)
CyrusTheGreat
I can honestly answer both of you by repeating something I have said more than once.

The distributor should not release a product they knowingly can't stock the demand for. The fault doesn't lie with a retailer who is also left in the dark as to when they can expect the next supply due to the push to release the series with no contingency plan because of fear of AMD's new line.

Review historical data, determine an estimated number of cards you expect to sell based on the historical average from past year flagship launches and stock that number before releasing it. To try and pitch stock responsibility to the retailer is simply not legitimate in my opinion.

Anywho, like I said, if you all are satisfied with the status-quo then so be it. B&H doesn't have my money either - I use their 12 months same-as-cash card, so they haven't received a dollar yet because they don't finalize the order until they receive the stock (which EVGA has provided no date for).

Have a great rest of your weekend.

But you haven’t answered anything.. NVidia launches the 2070 Super, not EVGA. B&H advertises a product do not have. Neither of these are EVGA’s fault. When EVGA gets their stock in, they always send it out as quickly as they can, and they have always been transparent about that.

You, me, nor anyone other than the EVGA engineer and development team, know when NVidia released the initial design for the cards so that EVGA could start creating PCB’s and manufacturing the cards that you want to purchase. Just because NVidia, who controls all of the original design layouts, “launches” a product does not mean that the board partners have already been making the cards.

EVGA isn’t a large company like Gigabyte, ASUS, or any of the other larger mass production manufacturers. It always takes more time for EVGA to get their product out because of that.

Stating that the 2080 super is in stock and the 2070 super is being purposefully limited is completely misleading and doesn’t prove anything. The 2070 super is much cheaper and much easier for most users to afford, so it is much more likely to be sold out sooner and stay out of stock longer.

B&H allows you to pre-order because they do not have stock, or they would have already provided a delivery date. The retailers have to place orders just like customers do, and they have to wait for their orders to be filled as well. Selling a product they do not have is just that.

I am not sure if you actually want information or you just want to air your grievance from not understanding how the process works. There is no artificial limitation that you have mentioned. That is made up.
Steve1232111
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 10:11:38 (permalink)
CyrusTheGreat

The distributor should not release a product they knowingly can't stock the demand for.

I think you are in the minority here with this opinion.  I have no idea what scales EVGA operates at, but if their capabilities are say 2500 units a week, and there new products they estimate have up-front demand for 30000 units - it would be a rather bizarre business practice to push release out 3 months so they could build them all first.

They would have huge amounts of money tied up in inventory, and then once they finally released them they would find 80% of those waiting customers would have purchased from a company with a more rational approach in the meantime. 

EVGA itself isn't even allowing pre-orders - you can only buy direct from them when they are in stock.  The GREAT thing about bhphoto to me is that it allows me to place a preorder and not get involved in that whole 'notify when in stock' system EVGA has

I appreciate EVGA has that option for those who must have their product ASAP (which sounds like you, perhaps cancel the bhphoto order and wait for EVGA to have availability?) and I appreciate bhphoto has the preorder option for the rest of us.

The only issue I see is that you have chosen the purchase option that doesn't suit your desires.

jameshulsmann
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 12:17:20 (permalink)
While I cannot speak for EVGA, I can easily guess that if 2070S is still hard to come by 20-ish days after they launched, it's likely that demand is more aggressive than NVidia had thought and is having trouble sending out enough chips.

For example - on Amazon, 2070 Supers are not in stock from anyone, ignoring scalpers and retailers behaving like they are.  Some are coming back into stock on August 10th, others are not coming back into stock until early September.

As Witchard from DF put it (paraphrase) "the 2070 Super is the dark horse of this new lineup".  Also, most reviewers don't hate the 2080 Super, but it's not that exciting and most of it's reviews specifically call out the 2070 S has being a superior overall card (as in, including price, etc., not just benchmarks).  Now for the 2060 S, that too got a nice amount of praise, but it's stuck in-between two competing cards from AMD that have gotten 2070S-like praise.  Just taking all of the press that has come out about off of this - the better of the 2 AMD cards and the 2070S would be excellent guesses for which units would sell the most (out of those two groups).  Also remember that the 2060S and 2080S also sell out, they just happen to stay in stock longer, because it would seem they are selling less.

It's possible that the soft 2000-series interest from the public made NVidia think that the Super's wouldn't help THAT much, and has sort-of gotten caught with their pants.  Maybe they have something akin to the 970 again, at least to some degree, and were not expecting it (of course "a 2080 for $200 off" will cause many ears to perk up).

Also consider most people willing to spend up to $500 on a card are not going to spend $200+ more on another card that happens to be in stock when the more affordable one is not.

EDIT - a seller being able to say "every time we restock, it just sells out" is a good thing for them, but not if they are intentionally hobbling their supply.  It will never be made up for by people buying the cheaper or more pricy model - it will be made up at other retailers/AIB's if they are not also playing games (and can you, as an AIB or a seller, really gamble that?).
ExiledMafia
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: Why is the 2070 Super stock being limited so much? 2019/07/28 16:12:14 (permalink)
I think it’s just really popular, especially give how reasonably priced the other pc parts are. Seems like everyone is building a pc now
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile