Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 8
Author
warthorn
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3292
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 44
2010/11/01 01:24:33 (permalink)

This is the Daily Journal.   |   The Sign Up Thread can be found HERE.

One person will share why he or she folds every day. 
"Why" will be featured at the top of this page until the next person's turn.
Check in for a daily dose of extra motivation!

Month Day, 2011
::: By [member name]
Story/quote/pictures

If you wish to lead a day, please check the calendar and sign up HERE.
Please post suggestions or housekeeping material in the sign-up thread.
This thread is intended to give attention to the daily story.

"Good habits are just as hard to break as bad ones." 
Happy New Year!

post edited by warthorn - 2011/03/20 04:45:03

227 Replies Related Threads

Ducrider
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 245
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal November 1 2010 2010/11/01 03:33:53 (permalink)
    Why WE fold.
    Today is All Saints Day.It is a fitting day to start this.
    Why do you fold?That is a question that you should answer for yourself.
    The first and foremost reason that I fold is for my Father.He passed on January 4 2009.He was diagnosed with COPD 5 years ago and in the following year got diagnosed with prostate cancer.He did well in his treatments for his cancer but his overall heath declined everyday.It was painful to watch him decline everyday.There is nothing more painful than to watch a loved one die slowly everyday.
    Some of the other reasons I fold is for my kids.I want to make a difference in their future.My sons mothers side has a few different kinds of cancer that runs in her side of the family.My daughter has my health issues that I have received from my family along with the unknown from her mother.Her mother was adopted so we have no knowledge of her family history.I also fold for myself.I might have illnesses in my future that we fold to help find a cure.

Who I fold for
    Arthur Corbitt       My father
    Matthew Corbitt   My son
    Samantha Corbitt My daughter

I7 950 @ 4.15
    MSI X58 Pro
    Asus 450 Top Sli
    Corsair HX1000
    Cosmos 1000 aka Diamind plate in the rough
    Win7 64 bit
     Folding:http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=463297
    950 at 4.427  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1471094
    Heatware=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72404
    Hwbot:http://www.hwbot.org/user/ducrider/
    tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5332
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal November 1 2010 2010/11/01 08:22:28 (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing and being the first one. Please let your team know the come come share also.

Folding whatever I can :o)     
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67403

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5121
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal November 1 2010 2010/11/01 09:46:41 (permalink)
    I didn't know if it was OK to reply here, but Tank got it started, so it's his fault! 

Today's article by Ducrider hits home with me on several levels and it was a great first post to kick off the series.   All the best to your family and I look forward to the day when this work leads to cures.

Rick

warthorn
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/01 10:43:23 (permalink)
    Yeah hope to see comments and encouraging words here! A big thank you goes out to Ducrider for leading the way, hope to see more sign up from our team and others.

The story of folding for your family is probably one we'll here often and is definitely one of the most important motivators.
    post edited by warthorn - 2010/11/01 10:48:14
    smscott80
    • Total Posts : 14
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/01 18:28:21 (permalink)
    Preventative measures.

drougnor
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2577
    • Ribbons : 17
    Why We Fold -- 11-02-2010 edition 2010/11/02 02:53:56 (permalink)
    I sit in the living room, the only one awake (other than the cats) in a household of four, and the house is alive with sound.  Electricity hums through the ceiling fans, keeping the warm air circulating down so I don't freeze.  The refridgerator hums and ticks as it runs through another cooling cycle. Our oil furnace kicks on with first the blower, priming the airflow, and then the burner, heating the air that keeps things just right. My keyboard makes it's peculiar mooshy 'tapping' sound that anyone with modern laptops is familiar with (I surely do miss the hardcore keyclick of a good Model-M).  Most importantly, my pcs whine away in the office, their fans producing a pitch of white noise that I can tell in an instant when something is wrong.

One of the many reasons I fold is because about 2-3 kids out of every 1000 are born with the inability to enjoy my little 'quiet' cacophony.

I started thinking about statistics I've heard about illnesses over the years since I started folding and have come to the realization that there is literally NO human in the world that is unaffected by a folding related disease of some sort. 

Birth defects, auto immune diseases of ALL types, diabetes, alzheimer's, ALS, Muscular distrophy . . . Hell, I have asthma and passed along mild alergies to my kids, which are caused by malformed protiens of some sort or another.

And let's not forget the big 'C'.  I have a coworker who faces the loss of a father, my Aunt just went through a horrific scare . . .

Think about that, folks.  We're ALL affected by protein misfolding of some sort or another.  And not in the abstract, either. I am willing to bet that we all have a disorder of some kind that was caused by misfold and there isn't a living example of a 'perfect' human to be found.

Kinda sobering.

But, we're all doing something about it, something that may allow all 1000 out of 1000 kids be born with functional, if not perfect, hearing.

So, the next time you are looking for a justification for spending a few more bux on the ol' electric bill, remember that there are all kinds of folks who never knew what something as wonderful as a fully maxed out pc sounds like.

d

warthorn
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/02 07:50:13 (permalink)
    Updated with today's post. Thanks drougnor. Different style, really like that you tied together two things that are easy to take for granted on these forums (computers, and hearing ) to folding.

post edited by warthorn - 2010/11/02 13:57:31
    seabigbear
    The Polar Rig Master
    • Total Posts : 20540
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/02 20:30:13 (permalink)
    My Daily Journal for 11/03/2010:

I Want to start out by saying it has been great to be here folding with some of the coolest guys  I know. The biggest thing for me is the fact that my son has autism & some other physical things go on with him & if this folding app can help solve this & others things like the fact that in my family there is a history of cancer & diabetes, I want pull up my sleeves & fight the good fight & get rid of all illness thought out the world!

warthorn
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/03 09:37:33 (permalink)
    Updated with SBBs! Short and sweet, thank you.
    texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/03 12:04:07 (permalink)
    I hear ya Seabear and agree wholeheartedly.  Those close to home (immediate family) experiences have a significant impact for me to Fold as well. 

Madrias
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4912
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/03 21:15:17 (permalink)
    Same.  It's not easy when a distant relative goes, but when one close to home goes, it's 60 times worse.

DeepPurple23
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1693
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/04 06:56:55 (permalink)
    November 4

By DeepPurple23

This was more emotional and harder to write than I thought it would be, but I LOVED it, thanks Warthorn, even if no one reads it I needed to write it, I hope you enjoy.

Why do we fold…or in this case why do I fold.  To properly answer that one I have to give you a little background.  I was born in Philadelphia, when I was three my parents split and we moved back to my Mom’s home town, a tiny little speck in the Midwest (loved growing up there BTW).  Of course, when we got there my Mom had to go to work so as a result I spent my days with my Grandparents.  To give some perspective, there are 10 kids in my Mom’s family and 115 Grandchildren, I am the third from the youngest, huge family and I barely made the list, kinda surprised anyone even knew my name.

In any event, growing up my only father figure was my Grandfather and it turns out I couldn’t have had a better father figure in all the world, he was an honest, fair, strong, and caring man who would have given anything for the happiness and well being of his family.  He taught me right from wrong and kept me on the correct path no matter what.  He never thought twice about going out of his way to let me know that I was loved and that not only did he care but he was watching.  When I was freshmen in college I learned that my Grandfather had developed cancer, he was 86.  Since he never complained about anything and was so strong/stubborn by the time he went to the doctor it was ravishing his body and there was only one treatment option, morphine and time.  I finished up the last of my finals and went home to see him, of course this powerful man that I knew my whole life was now bedridden and barely aware of anything that was going on around him even though there were about 15 people in the house.  Through the haze he made a point of grabbing my arm to talk to me one last time and to give my some advice and life well wishing, even in the end it was more about the ones he loved then it was about him.  That was over 20 years ago and it still makes me cry to think about it, transported back to when I’m a boy standing in his room as he passes.  One of the proudest moments of my life was when it was relayed to me that he had asked that I be one of his pallbearers.

After that I never really paid too much attention to cancer or cancer research, I know it sounds horrible, but it was simply too painful.  Then I saw the promotion from EVGA about the race to #1, started reading about the project.  Realizing that I work at home, from a work laptop, but that an i7 860 sat on and idle most the day (my gaming rig for when the urge strikes).  I decided that maybe it was time that I did something to help some future version of me from having losing a loved one before it was time.  That was three months ago and now I have the 860 as a dedicated 24/7 folding rig and I’ve built a new 875K for my main rig, although that folds pretty close to 24/7 as well.  Resources limit the number of computers but not the desire to do more, regardless of 2684 or 6701 in needs to get folded.

Of course, as tank said it’s really all about the chicks.  I did get laid when I explained to my wife what I was doing, why I was doing it and why the electric bill was so high and it was going to stay that way.   So I must be doing the right thing. 

Fold On

Main rig: i7 4820, Water cooled, 1000HX, eVGA x58 Classy 3, 16 GBs Corsair Dominato, eVGA GTX 980HC         
    24/7 folding rig: i7 2600K OC'd to 4.5 GHz, Armageddon cooler, eVGA P67 FTW, 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600. eVGA GTX 580 HC2, PSU 750TX
    My Affiliate Code: P0RALLKODM  
    tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/04 08:44:27 (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing Deep, brought a tear to my eye (for real).

Thanks for everyone that has posted so far.

warthorn
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/04 09:07:38 (permalink)
    That was deep, Deep The bit of comedy at the end was great, you must have a nice wife

In all seriousness though, I grew up with many similarities and the story about your grandfather is one that I'll probably echo in future posts if this thread lasts. Your story had a great impact on me as a result.
    DeepPurple23
    FTW Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/04 13:04:01 (permalink)
    Thanks guys.  And yes my wife is great.  Except when's she telling me to do yard work. 

Main rig: i7 4820, Water cooled, 1000HX, eVGA x58 Classy 3, 16 GBs Corsair Dominato, eVGA GTX 980HC         
    24/7 folding rig: i7 2600K OC'd to 4.5 GHz, Armageddon cooler, eVGA P67 FTW, 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600. eVGA GTX 580 HC2, PSU 750TX
    texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/04 13:47:45 (permalink)
    That was exceptionally well written Deep and I didn't make it through before it brought a tear to my eye either.  What a wonderful tribute to your Grandfather.  I thoroughly enjoyed the read and understanding what motivates you to Fold. 

Rick

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/05 13:31:53 (permalink)
    I’d heard of “distributed computing” in the past and thought of it as something I wasn’t really interested in doing.  Also, EVGA had long been my GPU provider of choice, but I’d not joined the forums here.  So, I joined the EVGA Forums and started poking around the various sub-forums.  My first exposure to Stanford’s Folding program was from the discussions going on right here in the EVGA F@H forum.  Being unaware of what Stanford was doing, the more I read the more interesting it sounded.  I’ve spent my entire “working life” in mainframe computing, so the idea of worldwide Home PC’s being collectively used to cure diseases was very intriguing and downright “cool”.

My wife’s Mom passed away a few years ago due to COPD and Alzheimer’s.  She had been living with us for about 6yrs in our home where we had the privilege of caring for her.  We thoroughly enjoyed doting on her and basically returning the love that she had shared with us her whole life.  It was also not an easy thing to do, especially in the latter years as her health declined.  But it taught us a lot about “giving back” to our parents and that is something that words really can’t contain…it just has to be experienced.  Alzheimer’s is an especially hard disease to watch take hold of someone.  It not only changes their brain, but eventually takes command of the whole body and shuts things down one by one.  It is a disease that no one would want to experience, and unfortunately many people suffer from it every day.

So, the concept (and action) of Folding@Home appeals to my desire to help others avoid Alzheimer’s and other life threatening diseases.   It would be the thrill of my life to see the efforts of Folding@Home lead to a cure one day for these diseases.  Computing power is like everything else in life “use it or lose it”.  So, I’m pleased to choose to “use it” for Folding while I’m still here.  A pastor once said to me “do what you can do” and that simple statement has stuck with me in so many ways over the years.  With Folding, it means do what I can regardless of whether I have yet seen all the results in the way of a cure.  Our Folding efforts may not prevent that next loved one from being taken by disease, but we are doing something to help.  Imagine the feeling when our Folding effort leads to disease prevention and saves or extends a life…priceless.

Our family, friends and anyone that came to meet my wife’s Mom knew her simply as “Memaw”.  She was a very giving person who very much loved life and those around her.  So, Folding is a great way to honor her memory and hopefully give something back as she generously did in her life.

Memaw (1920 – 2007)

Rick

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/05 20:18:49 (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing, this post hits home. Thanks for adding the picture, that was special.

DeepPurple23
    FTW Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/05 20:28:41 (permalink)
    Rick,

Great post.  Here to Memaw.  Thanks for bringing Rick our way.

FlipBack
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1244
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/06 19:26:09 (permalink)
    Well, I'm posting a little early, but I'm about to hit the sack and I won't have time in the morning.  So here goes.

Daily Journal (11/07/10)

Hello.  On this fine Sunday morning, I am going to explain why I fold.  My sister was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 7.  This lead to my diagnosis of the same disease when I was 5 (you see, I’m 22 months younger).  To give a brief overview of CF, it is a genetic chronic illness caused by the protein CFTR misfolding.  CF can affect many parts of the body.  The most common effect is in the upper respiratory system.  There is an increased amount of sputum which increases the risk of a lung infection which can lead to scarring of the lungs.  I believe the life expectancy of a CF patient is 37 years.  My sister and I are both fortunate in that upper respiratory complications are our only issues (i.e. no pancreatic issues which are common).  I am extremely lucky and am hardly affected at all, my PFTs (Pulmonary Function Tests) are in the 90% range and I have only been hospitalized twice.  My sister however, is much less fortunate.  She is currently at 46% lung function (to put this in perspective, you have 2 lungs; she effectively has less than 1).  And what’s worse is that this makes us HAPPY.  Only a month ago she was at 28% lung function.  She has been hospitalized over 12 times (I may be off by a visit or two).  At this point, there is very little chance that folding@home will benefit her at all.  It will take far too long for results and drug trials, etc etc for her to benefit, however, I still fold in her name.  I also fold for myself, even though I am healthy, I may not be later on, so I fold in an effort to stay healthy so that I can be around for my future wife and future children (who, if my wife happens to be a carrier, may also be CF victims).  This is just one reason I fold.  I also fold for my girlfriend, my grandmother, my other grandmother, and my mother, but I will save the other reasons for other days.
    post edited by FlipBack - 2010/11/06 19:30:33

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/06 21:31:06 (permalink)
    I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that, I pray for you and your sister!
    Fold on Brother!

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9606
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/06 23:16:29 (permalink)
    Why We Fold -- November 6, 2010     

This is a personal one dear to my heart.  I have two REAL close family members that had an effect on me in my life.  I have to apologize right off hand as my family background is all Dutch and I'm going to refer to then as I've always be taught.   My Oma (Maria van Vlimmeren) and Tante (Thera van Vlimmeren/Bagley) basically raised me as my mom worked damn near 6 days a week.  So I got to be raised the old fashioned way. For about the first 9yrs of my life they both took turns taking care of me and we all did a ton of thing with each other.  My grandmother took me one year back in '85 traveling all over the western part of the US.  It was one of the most memorable moments that I have with her.  Now skip ahead two years later in August of  '87 my grandmother had been getting real Ill and so she went to the doctors as I had to beg her to go.  My mom goes with her and I'm left with my aunt throughout the day into the evening.  By the time they get back I'm just getting into bed for the night.  Come the next morning I can see the that something is wrong.  They sat me down to tell me that the reason that she has been so Ill is because she has Lung Cancer!  WHAT!!!  A few months go by now to April 2, 1988 she passes away.  It affected me in so many ways.

My tante who has been there with me for soo many years even after my Oma passed.  She would be there for me when my mom wasn't as the death on my Oma really had a deep impact on my mom that put her in depression.  So my she stepped in and took me into her family.  I got to be very close with my cousins and to this day we all stay in constant contact.  We all had so many good years together and I really would go back to change anything.  Then we come to I think it was June of 2000 my tante went to have one of her annual mammograms.  Come to find that she has a mass in her left breast.  She undergoes many treatments to take care of it to have it get much much worse.  Within 3 months of the treatments it has spread to her spine and was traveling throughout her body in no time.  March 10, 2001 she passes.

These two very important people have both been a victim of Cancer.  When I bought my GTX 260 back last October and a few month later I found out about Folding@Home I was totally in.  I will build as many folding rigs as I can afford to do so and truly will not stop till the day I die and hope that my rigs fold even after I pass.

I hope you all the best and look forward to read why you fold.

Thanks

Z3r0

Fold on!

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 04:12:41 (permalink)
    Z3r0,

Amen my brother.  That was a touching story and you have a very good family to stick together that way to help each other.  All the best to you in your Folding work and cool breezes to your Folding rigs.

Rick

DeepPurple23
    FTW Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 04:52:21 (permalink)
    Zero, great story, it sux that the two individuals that had such a great influence in your upbringing both developed cancer.  I feel for you, I know how personal these stories are and how hard they are to share, thank you.

DeepPurple23
    FTW Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 04:55:34 (permalink)
    Flipback, I'm sorry to hear about you and your sister, hopefully all of our folding will be quick enough and good enough to have some of an impact.  You and your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers.

warthorn
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 08:55:20 (permalink)
    @ Texinga: thank you for sharing this, and for the photo... Really makes an impact to see the face of someone we fold for, and I think you set a great example for future posts. I am sorry to hear of the passing of such a central part of your family, but think you do her great justice through what you've said here; it is also very caring of you to have taken her into your home all those years, that can be very challenging especially (as you said) in the late stages of these diseases.

Also, thank you for posting on such short notice, and interesting you pointed to some of the same themes my would-be post had been about (the part about how it's "what we can do" or have available to us to do). Really appreciate everything you've done here!

@ z3r0: it is sad to hear that you have lost such important people over the years to these diseases. It sounds like they were among the most important people in shaping who you are, and got you started in life. Now you're all "growed-up" and even though you don't have them anymore, they're clearly still a big part of who you are, including our little hobby here. Hope to see some of those farms in the coming years.

@ FlipBack: than you for sharing this. I only knew a little about CF and your story makes it much clearer what people who have it go through. Also didn't know it was so heavily determined by misfolding and am glad to add it to the list of diseases when telling people about what folding is all about. Thank you for sharing this, and best wishes to you and your sister. I am sorry that we cannot do more for her (and you) right now when she needs it most, but you do her a great honor!

My apologies if anyone's post got delayed or a reminder wasn't sent; been traveling with less access to the web. Thank you all for keeping things moving, thought about you all!
    z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9606
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 08:59:11 (permalink)
    Thanks guys!  As like others,  this was a tough one to type.  I was going to post both pics of my Oma and Tante but I could not find them for the life of me.  I will edit my OP as soon as I find them.

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 10:28:39 (permalink)
    Flipback,

You are Folding about as close to home as it gets and we all Fold for you and your sister too my friend.  My wife is COPD and I understand very well what less than 50% lung capacity means to someone's heath.  It just about opens that person up to every type of lung related illness than goes around.  I pray for you and your sister and that our Folding efforts would help you  both.  Take care,

Rick

staypuft
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3271
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/07 10:59:09 (permalink)
    [November 8, 2010]

It all started back in Early '09 when a young gamer at work egged me on to start folding.  I had never heard of it before so the investigation started as a cursory read through the Stanford site.  Distributed Computing to help find a cure for common diseases.  Sounds good to me.  Started folding on his team for a while using my G92 card (see avatar) and my C2Q 9550.  That started a whole new addiction to graphics hardware, buying up cards on sale and testing.  Sometimes I'd sell them (8800GT, 9800GT, GTX 285) and sometimes I'd run them for quite a stretch of time (8800GTS 512, 9800GTX+, GTX260, GTX 460).  I've had quite a number of cards over the past ~2 years.  I game quite a bit so the balance between PPD and FPS is a never-ending struggle.

Somewhere in during the Spring of '09 I stumbled across team EVGA when I was looking to fold in a bigger group.  It was a no-brainer given the group of people here who all share a common sense of purpose and helpfulness.  I appreciate the positive approach to almost everyone's postings.

What keeps me going?  Is it my addiction? YES!  Is it the competition? You Betcha (Palin ref...) How about the cause?  Uh HUH, first and foremost.  The last 5 years have been pretty rough for our family.  My wife lost her Dad to cancer, his brother to cancer AND Parkinson's, all 4 grandparents to cancer, and her 27 year old cousin to cancer!  Long ago (70's-80's), my two grandparents on Dad's side died of cancer as well.

In 2008 I lost my other grandma (Mom's side) to Alzheimer's via an ankle injury (yes, you read right).  It's a sad story that I think is so unbelivable you couldn't make it up.  You see, Grandpa has a balance problem and one day he fell onto Grandma.  She was actually trying to catch him.  She was like that.  Anyway, he fell on her ankle and broke it.  While in the hosptital she would have Alzheimer's moments where she'd freak out and try to get out of bed.  This led to her eventual death as the ankle injury led to complications you could well imagine if one were to continue walking on that foot.  She was so healthy I imagine she'd still be around today.  Grandpa was devastated.  We all were.  It motivates me.

To top all of this off, my wife found out she has a degenerative tissue disease.  She's had two surgeries already, and another coming up this month.  I told her about my protein folding and how it will eventually lead to a cure for this.  She laughs and says it's just me justifying a new video card...again.  LOL, of course.  But the two aren't mutually exclusive.  Why not enjoy something AND have it help mankind!

On that note I'm off to look for more info on the GTX 560/570/580's.  Rest assured I will make sure the PPD is acceptable before I buy.
    post edited by staypuft - 2010/11/07 11:03:58

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 8
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile