EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 88
Author
267D83BD9674497
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 11:43:08 (permalink)
HuntercyrilTo be sure you're talking about the NA adress of https://www.evga.com/community/myNotifies.asp right ?

Yes. Also secure.evga.com (which is needed for the login) and evga.com itself. eu.evga.com and forums.evga.com were fine.

Whatever – I'll guess we'll never find out until someone at EVGA tells us. As long as it works again, it doesn't matter anymore.

jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 11:55:40 (permalink)
Yep, nothing from amazon and ordered on the 17th also, no info from either Amazon or EVGA, retailers receiving paltry amounts here in the EU if we have had over 1000 over all models I would be suprised.
Averomoe
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 12:41:56 (permalink)
Well that's all we have right now from official side:

Attached Image(s)

jkh13
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 12:51:47 (permalink)
I don't even know why these retailers took money if EVGA knew they would be supplying just a handful of cards to the EU. Its a month after launch now and still only seeing single digit numbers of these cards in the EU.
Overdos3
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 14:07:02 (permalink)
Same here, order from 17th september EVGA 3080 FTW3 ... I didn't see anyone here receive the FTW3 Gaming not Ultra. Ultra seems to be available in US here I dont see it at all in Europe.

I mean there's nearly no card in Europe.

Jacob?
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 14:36:22 (permalink)
Half an hour ago another batch of e-mails with direct purchase links were send out to US customers that want to purchase their card.

Why on earth are they taking NEW orders for their US webshop before shipping out all pre-orders to retailers first..
Fifise
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 14:50:26 (permalink)
Same that all of you, order EVGA 3080 FTW3  from 17th september from TopAchat in France, still no new of any evga card send ....
For my first try with EVGA I am very very disappointed, I would have go to ASUS like I always do, my card would be in the computer right...
Because of your false promise, now is too late : price in france are totally out of control.... Thanks you EVGA for punishing customer that choose your brand ...
post edited by Fifise - 2020/10/14 14:52:56
Overdos3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 15:03:33 (permalink)
Jacob? Anyine from EVGA?
YURIIII
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 15:13:50 (permalink)
Fifise
Same that all of you, order EVGA 3080 FTW3  from 17th september from TopAchat in France, still no new of any evga card send ....
For my first try with EVGA I am very very disappointed, I would have go to ASUS like I always do, my card would be in the computer right...
Because of your false promise, now is too late : price in france are totally out of control.... Thanks you EVGA for punishing customer that choose your brand ...

Same here, would have gotten pretty good position in queue going with Asus TUF OC/Strix OC. Instead, I decided to go NON-Ultra FTW3 instead, which seems to be a biggest mistake I could have done.

Switching now is way too late, queue is hundreds if not thousands of cards and prices have already gone up like 50-100 euros.

Ridiculous. This launch makes me not want to buy this generation of Nvidia GPU's at all. This is straight up middle finger to a customer. And what comes to Jacob, regarding his tweets, EVGA cards have been on the way since week 2, yet I'm not seeing a single card in EU.
post edited by YURIIII - 2020/10/14 15:22:07
kimahn
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 15:20:03 (permalink)
hello there, so i ordered a small 2060 ko ultra in the meantime, still no eta or anything ? i ordered a 3080 1 minutes after the french release, still no news :/  was it a good move ? it's the first time that i get caught by this kind of release hype crap, i was just building a good PC for cyberpunk :x
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 15:20:57 (permalink)
Fifise

I ordered the XC3 day one on Materiel.net for 850€. Once I saw EVGA's prices and knew I would have to wait weeks anyway, I canceled it, it's been like 3 weeks ago already. I don't regret it whatsoever the evil trio (Ldlc, TopAchat and Materiel) don't merit customers money.

Going any brand on release dates it's always tricky though, it doesn't reflect the whole experience. Being in France I can tell except this stupid situation otherwise EVGA got your back.... I wish the situation was different. I hope boats with lots of shipments are on the way to EU because otherwise they'll lose so many customers if any other brand can capitalize on the EU market. Assuming prices gets better. Despite my aweful Asus experience seeing GamersNexus review of the TUF made me consider it OK. Same for the MSI Trio. Gigabyte I'd avoid as well as others brands. Anyway... Yeah.

At first EVGA really increased the trust and value I placed in them by buying two previous graphics cards, but they destroy it each day they're continuingly saying " Soon™ " / " we have no ETA ™ " without concrete evidence / stock numbers. I don't care if you send " stock to EU " if there's only 2 or 3 cards per retailer that's a messed up way to manipulate people into thinking you're sending a lot of stock.

To EVGA : In many situations, people prefer honesty over cautious PR. That's how during the VRM fire issue you won me (and many others) over. You admitted what happened, why and what you'll do going forward.

We need you to do the same right now, because you guys are messing up with EU customers market. You're eroding people's confidence in EVGA.

You send 10 cards to Europe while sending 1000 or 10000 to US ? Admit it then fix it, instead of being cautious in Q&A and sending the wrong message to EU customers.

I'll say it again. I love EVGA product quality, support and all, but this time you're just doing it wrong.
kimahn
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 15:41:40 (permalink)
Huntercyril
I ordered the XC3 day one on Materiel.net for 850€. Once I saw EVGA's prices and knew I would have to wait weeks anyway, I canceled it, it's been like 3 weeks ago already. I don't regret it whatsoever the evil trio (Ldlc, TopAchat and Materiel) don't merit customers money.

when i was young it was a great place, after a bit of research i paid something +80 euros on some pieces. useless to say .. i'm annoyed. but how can we get gc out of those ? they said it to me : we'll get 90% of 30xx cards stocks in france :(
as EVGA belong to the "good ones" it's the first time i get one, friends told me they have good components and extend their warranty a lot to prove it so it tried, and seeing they're still taking order in US while we still wait for our orders make me wonder :x

any advice ?
TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 16:19:16 (permalink)
i decided to make a test-run now for the next years. 

had the 1070, 1080 and 2080Super from EVGA but now  thats it, worst experience ever with the 3080.
now its a good time to check some other brands. okay, i kept my evga ftw ultra order but only because of the good queu rank. ordered shortly after release. 

so now i also ordered a MSI 3080 which will be delivered earlier i guess. next generation (or maybe rtx 5000) will be a gigabyte. the next one (rtx 7000?) will be ASUS. 

phew, some generations ago i told everyone (family, friends, colleagues at work) how great the evga-support is/was and how fast i got my GPUs after i ordered them. yes, im a bit sad that you guys dont give a f about europe. im rly sad. watch dogs legion, assa creed valhalla, cyberpunk etc. ... i was so excited to play all these games with the new GPU but its a disaster
post edited by TomSchu - 2020/10/14 16:24:48
Fifise
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 23:10:04 (permalink)
Huntercyril
To EVGA : In many situations, people prefer honesty over cautious PR. That's how during the VRM fire issue you won me (and many others) over. You admitted what happened, why and what you'll do going forward.

We need you to do the same right now, because you guys are messing up with EU customers market. You're eroding people's confidence in EVGA.

You send 10 cards to Europe while sending 1000 or 10000 to US ? Admit it then fix it, instead of being cautious in Q&A and sending the wrong message to EU customers.

I'll say it again. I love EVGA product quality, support and all, but this time you're just doing it wrong.

Your are wasting your time, EVGA employee don't read this thread. As soon it's not from US customer they dont give a dime. The way Jacob answer to EU on tweeter or don't bother to answer here, show it .

Last time with the VRM fire, they were transparent just because there holy US customers were impacted as well.

Been a big geek like all of you, I am often ask to help choose computer part: I can now add another brand on my black list.

Too bad I had great hope, with all the prease US customer give to EVGA , but I guess it's an US brand for US consumer. The rest of the world can get the crumbs
post edited by Fifise - 2020/10/14 23:21:10
Dambala
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 23:14:20 (permalink)
No news about Amazon.de. :( 
But a little reminder
https://twitter.com/WatercoolEN/status/1315998353340203009
survey for a custom water block! 
post edited by Dambala - 2020/10/14 23:19:43
Sapca11
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 117
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 23:17:16 (permalink)
Huntercyril

At first EVGA really increased the trust and value I placed in them by buying two previous graphics cards, but they destroy it each day they're continuingly saying " Soon™ " / " we have no ETA ™ " without concrete evidence / stock numbers. I don't care if you send " stock to EU " if there's only 2 or 3 cards per retailer that's a messed up way to manipulate people into thinking you're sending a lot of stock.

Rightly said so. Nicely worded and I will like the harsh truth rather than It's on The way, We are Sending, cautious PR.
Honestly... unless something big will happen after RDNA 2 release, and we will see an abundance of cards from AMD and Nvidia, everything will be a fight until the end of 2020, early 2021. And I don't see EVGA bringing in much stock in EU. Maybe EU side should focus on another company, if one brings in more serious stock. Cause if everything will be the same after BIG NAVI release there will still be global shortages.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 23:25:27 (permalink)
Fifise
Huntercyril

Your are wasting your time, EVGA employee don't read this thread. As soon it's not from US customer they dont give a dime. The way Jacob answer to EU on tweeter or don't bother to answer here, show it .

Last time with the VRM fire, they were transparent just because there holy US customers were impacted as well.

Been a big geek like all of you, I am often ask to help choose computer part: I can now add another brand on my black list.

Too bad I had great hope, with all the prease US customer give to EVGA , but I guess it's an US brand for US consumer. The rest of the world can get the crumbs

I can assure you that EVGA employee's care about customers world wide and read and respond to the forums. In fact they are one of the few companies I have seen that is active with the forums that they run. I have seen a few companies that have a forum have something that is run like a dumpster fire with no employees reading it but EVGA is different. I feel anyone who has been on the forums enough probably has noticed the EVGATech handles used by employees.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Overdos3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 23:44:21 (permalink)
Hoggle
Fifise
Huntercyril

I can assure you that EVGA employee's care about customers world wide and read and respond to the forums. In fact they are one of the few companies I have seen that is active with the forums that they run. I have seen a few companies that have a forum have something that is run like a dumpster fire with no employees reading it but EVGA is different. I feel anyone who has been on the forums enough probably has noticed the EVGATech handles used by employees.

OKay Hoggle, great, and this was my feeling too before this lackluster launch and this is why I stuck with EVGA since the 7th generation. However, and excuse me, this is not the case at all these days.

Let me express my frustration when I ordered a 3080FTW3 Gaming the 17th of September and it is still Pending a delivery date ... It's an awfull stress since I don't know if I will wake up and be surprised by an order cancelation from amazon. So I have to be active and ask for at least a date be it January FKN 2021 !!! At that moment at least I will not have to check or think that my order will get cancelled.

Moreover, this lack of transparency is exacerbated by the fact that US citizen are able to order, they get fresh stock every week, and communication is flawless be it "Can I Change my Smiley behind the cards" for the 100th time asked there's always an answer. Plus they get queue for the orders which is great ... Anyway, service is great and maintained.

And here we are here in europe, no card, no communication beside PRish basic answer "Coming No ETA", 9 pages later ... No clarification, nothing. Evga is generally very active, where are they now?

Plus the time spent waiting for the card to be maybe cancelled, if the opportunity cost of trying to get a new card ... Really dissapointing.
Fifise
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/14 23:53:56 (permalink)
Hoggle
Fifise
Huntercyril

All I see in this thread and on tweeter prove me that not the case anymore for user outside of US. Where is the employee answer to tthis thread that is not a PR management 101 answer ? Perhaps it used to be true, but your statement doesn't pass the reality check right now.
Overdos3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 00:18:47 (permalink)
And we are not even asking for craziness we are asking for a decent answer for decent customers, full stop. If any employee comes here and says:

"We are sorry for the huge delay, we have significant stock incoming in November that will absorb first wave of order, please be patient"

This would be sufficient.
marek2209
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 00:24:40 (permalink)
FYI:
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC is available on Alternate.de
Edit: And it's gone
post edited by marek2209 - 2020/10/15 00:31:44

SgtBlack
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 00:36:56 (permalink)
Hoggle
Fifise
Huntercyril

I partly agree, at first I have not been active forum poster but I look in here a little now and then to stay updated and can agree that EVGA is very committed to the Forum.

I'm not a beginner when it comes to EVGA, at least when it comes to the graphics card, I've only been running EVGA cards ever since the 500 series and almost bought every 80 version at each release and ran sli mostly.

I still have to agree with some ppl here in the thread ..
Even though Nvidia is running a global release, Is my experience that EVGA usually prioritizes the US over the rest of the world in the beginning, which is incredibly frustrating,
If you need proof, just take a look at the https://forums.evga.com/New-EVGAcom-Notification-Checkout-Process-m3108092.aspx thread

I'm aware that Evga is a US brand but since it's a global release EVGA can not ignore this, this is unfortunately nothing new it is like this every time a new model is released from Nvida, there are long delivery times from EVGA to Europe.
It is always from the EVGA.com website that you can order first, then it takes a couple of weeks before it can be ordered in Europe.

For example: Compare with ASUS, they make sure all countries are treated equally and make sure there are enough graphics cards in all countries as far as possible.
Well, I do not want to step on anyone's toes with this post and hope no one takes it badly, this is my experience and it would be nice if EVGA could review this and try to do as for example ASUS when it comes to available volumes in the event of a new release.

Case: Silverstone FT02 PSU: Corsair HX1000 MB: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master CPU: i9 9900K Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB  4000MHz  GFX: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hardrives: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB / 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Monitors: Acer X34P + XB271HU T-Board:  Logitech G810 Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Headset: Steelseries Wireless Pro VR: HTC Vive Speakers: Harman Kardon GLA-55
Averomoe
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 00:56:58 (permalink)
I asked alternate.de, if there is any new info regarding the 3080 XC3 Black-Versions on twitter. The answer:

"Leider stimmt der zweite Status, aktuell haben wir die 3080er nicht auf Lager. Und bei der Karte sind alle Kunden sehr gespannt, wann sie endlich ausgeliefert werden. Wir warten da auch darauf."

So even one of the biggest E-Tailers of germany has no clue when the Blacks arrive on the street ^^ Well done, EVGA. This is not exactly what we would call "kundenorientierte Kommunikationsstrategie" 🙄
appleaddict88
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 00:59:17 (permalink)
Its totally ridiculous, there was a reddit post showing an eu.evga customer support rep say that the eu.evga queue system for notify me would be implemented within a week and that was last Wednesday, and it has not happened. I see US people get cards everyday from Nvidia while Europe gets close to none. 
TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 01:16:55 (permalink)
what about the politics of other brands? who is shipping their cards equally over the globe? msi? gigabyte? asus?
marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 01:22:01 (permalink)
TomSchu
what about the politics of other brands? who is shipping their cards equally over the globe? msi? gigabyte? asus?

Yeah, I think so. I've seen MSI cards in stock a few times (Ventus and Trio X), Gigabyte (Gaming OC and Vision OC), Zotac (Trinity), and even Palit, KFA2..

TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 01:25:42 (permalink)
thanks man. alternate canceled my "in stock" order (ftw3 ultra). they said they have no info from.wvga about the next shippment.
marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 01:32:31 (permalink)
TomSchu
thanks man. alternate canceled my "in stock" order (ftw3 ultra). they said they have no info from.wvga about the next shippment.

Lol, this is ridiculous. I cancelled it by myself some minutes ago..but in that case, Alternate should be blamed - why announce a product as "newly arrived, available in short time" when actually there isn't any stock, and no information from the preretailer and EVGA at all?
Hopefully they will refund my money soon..

Averomoe
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 01:36:46 (permalink)
Yes, Alternate's system is messed up. My order of a Black war shortly stated as "prepared to be shipped" only to Change back a few minutes later to "not known when the item arrives" ^^
StuntmanLT
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/15 01:48:09 (permalink)
I've ordered my 3080 FTW3 through Scan.co.uk and got a notification that its being sent out yesterday. Unfortunately I had to delay it until Friday because our road is being worked on and is closed.
Scan also have a convenient tracker but I don’t think it works outside UK - 
I ordered the card about an hour after the launch (when the site started working) and was told I was 26th in the queue (assuming for FTW3's only). Hope that helps guys.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile