Was I removed from que?

Author
evgarmaa
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/12/29 14:00:30 (permalink)
Hello,

I went into the que when it first opened up ages ago and have been waiting ever since. I'm fine waiting. However I was wondering if I had missed something and checked my emails, and saw an email from EVGA from a while ago saying that if we had selected 3 cards, we would have to select just 2 instead. I signed into my account and went to select 2 cards instead of the 3 I had originally selected. But now there's some message in red saying I can't make any changes and that the first 2 cards we'd selected would be the cards for us in que. But I am not in any que, my account page for it is blank and there's no sign I ever registered or anything.

Can someone please explain what's going on? 

26 Replies Related Threads

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/29 15:21:02 (permalink)
    evgarmaa
    I went into the que when it first opened up ages ago and have been waiting ever since. I'm fine waiting. However I was wondering if I had missed something and checked my emails, and saw an email from EVGA from a while ago saying that if we had selected 3 cards, we would have to select just 2 instead. I signed into my account and went to select 2 cards instead of the 3 I had originally selected. But now there's some message in red saying I can't make any changes and that the first 2 cards we'd selected would be the cards for us in que. But I am not in any que, my account page for it is blank and there's no sign I ever registered or anything.

If you originally queued for three cards, then yes you had a chance to reduce any queues you were in to two that you most wanted.  However, if you missed the deadline, 11 Oct 21, to do it yourself, then EVGA would only keep your two oldest queues active.

If you have nothing showing in "My Notifies" under "My EVGA" then you'll have to contact EVGA.  There have been glitches on the site, so you might want to try webmaster@evga.com first.  If they can't help, then you'll have to contact EVGA CS https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/.  Remember that they are closed until 3 Jan 22.

Hope this helps.

evgarmaa
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/29 15:54:58 (permalink)
    Thank you very much Flint, I've sent them an email and will wait to hear back from them.
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/29 19:09:23 (permalink)
    Keep in mind the EVGA queue is not tied to an EVGA account specifically. We would suggest to check any email account you may have for a notification of sign up as it only asked for first, last, and email address. If you do not see any emails of you signing up then it's likely not associated with the email of your EVGA account. Also, if you do find a notify and do not get a password reset email - there is likely no account associated with the address. Hope tthis helps. 
    redflag9000
    • Total Posts : 26
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/29 23:42:34 (permalink)
    I have been in the cue for 1 year and heard nothing. messed up thing is I know of people who got cards after three months in the cue, but me 1 year in and nothing.
    evgarmaa
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 09:35:49 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    Keep in mind the EVGA queue is not tied to an EVGA account specifically. We would suggest to check any email account you may have for a notification of sign up as it only asked for first, last, and email address. If you do not see any emails of you signing up then it's likely not associated with the email of your EVGA account. Also, if you do find a notify and do not get a password reset email - there is likely no account associated with the address. Hope tthis helps. 

Hi. I checked and you were correct that that I had received a notification about a card, I forgot about that part in ym first message. Yes, I did receive a notification about a card and was asked if I wanted a LHR card instead of the ones I had originally signed up for; I declined though. I understand waiting because of that, but my account still shows no cards in que. 
    jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 11:47:31 (permalink)
    evgarmaa
    EVGATech_DanielM

Hi. I checked and you were correct that that I had received a notification about a card, I forgot about that part in ym first message. Yes, I did receive a notification about a card and was asked if I wanted a LHR card instead of the ones I had originally signed up for; I declined though. I understand waiting because of that, but my account still shows no cards in que. 

If you declined to be moved to the LHR queue then what has probably happened is the FHR (non-LHR) SKU is no longer in production and that queue has been filled as much as it is going to be.

Nvidia is not making both LHR and FHR of the same product. All cards currently being produced with the exception of the 3090 are LHR.

So you kept your place in line for a dead SKU is what it sounds like.
    post edited by jaredbyoung - 2021/12/30 11:57:35
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 11:54:20 (permalink)
    redflag9000
    I have been in the cue for 1 year and heard nothing. messed up thing is I know of people who got cards after three months in the cue, but me 1 year in and nothing.

You probably queued up for a stagnant SKU.  The XC/Ultras has the most movement last time I heard iirc.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    nomoss
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1559
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 12:59:49 (permalink)
    evgarmaa
    EVGATech_DanielM

Are you logging into the correct region? 
    US is evga.com
    EU is at eu.evga.com

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
    Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

sethleigh
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 796
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 13:13:09 (permalink)
    redflag9000

That's because they probably got into the queue and hour or two before you did. If you've been paying attention to the queue updates, movement in those queues is often measured in seconds if that of the time that people queued up.

If you want an example of a system that actually treats people on relatively equal grounds and is simple and relatively painless, look up the Newegg Shuffle. They give you a two-hour window each day to sign up for a chance to purchase the specific products up for the Shuffle on that given day. You get an email later in the day and know whether or not you get to purchase it. A lot of people sign up for this each day, only some small portion are selected, but at least you know that day and they don't leave you hanging.

I queued up for a Hydrocopper version of the EVGA 3080. My problem was that I queued up a couple of weeks after it opened up. Movement on that product has been almost non-existant, so I can be confident that I will never, ever be notified with an option to buy that product, at least not before the 4000 series cards show up. I signed up a bunch of times in the Newegg Shuffle and lucked out and was selected to buy an EVGA 3080ti FTW3 and took it. I signed up that morning, I purchased the card that evening. I wasn't left hanging.

I'm glad EVGA cares enough to have programs that attempt to bypass the retail shenanigans and give people a chance to buy their cards at non-scalped prices. I do think they need to re-think how this works. Playing people off so that the only people with a reasonable chance of ever getting a card are those were were standing by the very day the queue went live, were the first ones in it, and survived the crush of thousands of people all slamming the web server at the exact same time in a mad scramble for an early placing in the queue, while all others are left hanging and with no idea if they should keep waiting or look elsewhere, is counterproductive, not helpful to EVGA's image, and needs to improve.

Happy EVGA customer.  Affiliate Code: 0Y7-1VU-ATW2

GigaByte X570 Aorus Master, AMD Ryzen 5900x under Optimus Foundation block, 32gb G.Skill DDR4 @ 3800 MHz 14-14-14-28, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra under Optimus block, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, EVGA Supernova G6 850W PS, ASUS 34" 3440x1440p 120Hz ultrawide, Lenovo 24" 1080p secondary monitor, Win 10

nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 13:35:17 (permalink)
    Newegg shuffle is a lottery.  It is as fair as any lottery.  That is to say, not really fair at all.  Just like BB's drops aren't really fair at all, because even if you do get lucky enough to put a card in their "queue" you still have to be physically located at one of the very few locations that actually get the stock.  

EVGA's queue system rewards people who actively engage in their forums and social media as THOSE people will likely be among the first to queue for a new card. But you should actively look at all options for getting a card.  EVGA has NEVER said that the queue was a guarantee.  

The problem with any system is demand exceeding supply.  A problem that only nVidia can solve.  

It's a queue, not a contract.

evgarmaa
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 14:12:03 (permalink)
    jaredbyoung
    evgarmaa
    EVGATech_DanielM

If you declined to be moved to the LHR queue then what has probably happened is the FHR (non-LHR) SKU is no longer in production and that queue has been filled as much as it is going to be.

Nvidia is not making both LHR and FHR of the same product. All cards currently being produced with the exception of the 3090 are LHR.

oh my...but the email only said I would have to wait , not that they weren't making them anymore. 

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 14:24:42 (permalink)
    evgarmaa
    jaredbyoung
    evgarmaa
    EVGATech_DanielM

oh my...but the email only said I would have to wait , not that they weren't making them anymore. 

Nvidia isn't sending any AIBs non LHR GPUs anymore. Nvidia didn't say that they would "never" make non LHR cards again so EVGA couldn't just outright say they weren't being made anymore. It's anyone's guess when or if they will ever send non LHR variants of GPUs again, but anyone could have seen what was going to happen. You should have opted to move to a KL sku if you wanted any chance of really getting a card. EVGA themselves also said the product lines with the most supply are the FTW3 and XC Ultra lines. So if you opted for a "black" or "gaming" model and on top of that a KR sku, you may as well forget about your chance of getting a card. Not that you were getting a card anyway for just having stayed in the KR sku to begin with. 

It's no one's fault but your own. You guys need to stay on top of what's going on if you really want to get a card. In the world we live in, that's the only way you stand any chance of getting one. This isn't a casual buyers market, the only people that get one are the ones that stay in the know and on top of what's going on. Sucks, but that's the world we live in currently. 
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2021/12/30 14:28:19

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    evgarmaa
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 15:06:10 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    evgarmaa
    jaredbyoung
    evgarmaa
    EVGATech_DanielM

Nvidia isn't sending any AIBs non LHR GPUs anymore. Nvidia didn't say that they would "never" make non LHR cards again so EVGA couldn't just outright say they weren't being made anymore. It's anyone's guess when or if they will ever send non LHR variants of GPUs again, but anyone could have seen what was going to happen. You should have opted to move to a KL sku if you wanted any chance of really getting a card. EVGA themselves also said the product lines with the most supply are the FTW3 and XC Ultra lines. So if you opted for a "black" or "gaming" model and on top of that a KR sku, you may as well forget about your chance of getting a card. Not that you were getting a card anyway for just having stayed in the KR sku to begin with. 

It's no one's fault but your own. You guys need to stay on top of what's going on if you really want to get a card. In the world we live in, that's the only way you stand any chance of getting one. This isn't a casual buyers market, the only people that get one are the ones that stay in the know and on top of what's going on. Sucks, but that's the world we live in currently. 

So am I screwed then? They still make the other 3080's cards I wanted, so I should still be on the waitlist for those, right? *Sigh* Man, this hobby is being killed at this rate. I just want to game but it's a game in of itself getting a card now too, and not a fun one.
    nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 15:19:15 (permalink)
    US is evga.com
    EU is at eu.evga.com

evgarmaa
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 15:23:36 (permalink)
    nomoss
    US is evga.com
    EU is at eu.evga.com

Hello. Yes I am, I am in Canada and selected USA region, when I go to the site, it shifts me to the Canada part in the web address.
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 15:27:17 (permalink)
    evgarmaa
    CraptacularOne
    evgarmaa
    jaredbyoung
    evgarmaa
    EVGATech_DanielM

So am I screwed then? They still make the other 3080's cards I wanted, so I should still be on the waitlist for those, right? *Sigh* Man, this hobby is being killed at this rate. I just want to game but it's a game in of itself getting a card now too, and not a fun one.

Essentially yes you are. It doesn't matter they don't actively make any KR sku RTX 3080s period. Only KL, and you opted to stay in the KR queue. So you shot yourself in the foot. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10107
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/30 21:42:35 (permalink)
    redflag9000

It really depends on what item you are in the queue for. Some people signed up for a 3080 for example a couple weeks into the queue and then when the 3080 Ti came out new people signed up for that card and got it rather quickly for those that signed up early while people who wanted a 3080 are still waiting.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/31 03:24:17 (permalink)
    nomoss

EVGA's queue system rewards people who actively engage in their forums and social media as THOSE people will likely be among the first to queue for a new card. But you should actively look at all options for getting a card.  EVGA has NEVER said that the queue was a guarantee.  

We do not do this. The queue system is designed to be fair to those who signed up and any order which is deemed abusive of the system is cancelled as all orders are verified. Being a forum member or active on social media will not increase your chances to purchase a video card. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/31 04:08:11 (permalink)
    nomoss

Not sure where you got that information, but I can say that if that theory came from Reddit, it’s best to leave it on Reddit, because it is a flat out lie.

The only rewards there were was elite membership, which required 100 posts but not anymore, woot woot and that reward was only a 24 hour early sign up window from other forum members that had not achieved elite. After getting elite, that no longer required any engagement on the forums at all, and engaging in the forums wouldn’t change anyones signup time, so further proved that engagement didn’t matter once elite was acquired.
    nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/31 06:18:20 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    nomoss
    EVGA's queue system rewards people who actively engage in their forums and social media as THOSE people will likely be among the first to queue for a new card. But you should actively look at all options for getting a card.  EVGA has NEVER said that the queue was a guarantee.  

We do not do this. The queue system is designed to be fair to those who signed up and any order which is deemed abusive of the system is cancelled as all orders are verified. Being a forum member or active on social media will not increase your chances to purchase a video card. 

I must have written that badly for you guys to think I'm implying a bias.

The "reward" is knowledge, because active engagement means that we are aware of when the queues will open.  We also have shared with each other best practices for getting into a queue quickly.  Some things, like quick links to the signup that were posted in June won't work anymore due to changes EVGA made.   
    Regardless, someone who signed up for a card in March and just assumed they'd get their 3881 without any further effort show up regularly now complaining that EVGA lied to them.  People who ignored the  "reduce to two" email are stuck in dead queues while those who came on the forums for help picking their 2 queues are much more likely to actually get that golden notification email.
    The only card I wanted was a 3885.  I would still be waiting for that card if I hadn't been engaged.  Instead, I adjusted my expectations and secured 4 cards for my family.  

It may not have been an intended policy of EVGA's queue system, but it is a fact that active engagement DOES increase the chance that you will get a card.  
    Assuming EVGA's website doesn't crash on launch day 
    post edited by nomoss - 2021/12/31 07:21:19

haha49
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2021/12/31 14:15:42 (permalink)
    Well I spent over a year trying to get a card I just gave up and bought a radeon instead. Bought evga cards for years starting when they first started the old 8800 gtx agp days. Upgraded every 2 years typically but seeing prices of 1300 for a 300 card is insane mark up. I'll never pay that rip off price so I simply gave up and went over to amd agian. The shortages and lack of supply impossible to get its seriously damaging the brand as you can buy a 3060 gtx in a computer for 900 but they want 1k for the card so buying a whole computer is cheaper which means something is messed up
    rangerscott
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2022/01/01 00:32:28 (permalink)
    I dropped my ques down to 2 and all mine got turned off execpt 1 model I didnt have checked which is a lhr model they dont make any more.

Z690 Dark
    Evga 3090 Hybrid
    32gb Trident z5 @ 6000
    Corsair RM1000X psu

bavor
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 994
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2022/01/01 20:50:26 (permalink)
    nomoss

EVGA's queue system rewards people who actively engage in their forums...

You mean EVGA's queue system rewards anyone who actively spams the forums with one word replies and nonsense replies over and over again to get a certain post number despite being reposted as spam.

nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2022/01/01 22:03:14 (permalink)
    bavor
    nomoss

EVGA's queue system rewards people who actively engage in their forums...

You mean EVGA's queue system rewards anyone who actively spams the forums with one word replies and nonsense replies over and over again to get a certain post number despite being reposted as spam.

Well, not anymore - but you're not wrong.

LLLEFTERIS
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 268
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2022/01/02 03:22:19 (permalink)
    What can we say in Europe that EVGA makes it clear that we may never get a graphics card, regardless of when we entered the queue.
    The following is written only on eu.evga.com and not on evga.com

Special EVGA 30 Series Notify System (10/4/2021) Notice:

The EVGA 30 Series Notify System does not guarantee that your notify order will be fulfilled. While supplies last.

Here in Europe we can no longer open evga.com redirects us to eu.evga.com
    I don't know if you in America can open eu.evga.com

There is no reason to buy something from EVGA again.

Greek souvlaki

I do not know English I translate with Google .... Sorry.

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: Was I removed from que? 2022/01/02 05:37:08 (permalink)
    LLLEFTERIS
    What can we say in Europe that EVGA makes it clear that we may never get a graphics card, regardless of when we entered the queue.
    The following is written only on eu.evga.com and not on evga.com

Special EVGA 30 Series Notify System (10/4/2021) Notice:

The EVGA 30 Series Notify System does not guarantee that your notify order will be fulfilled. While supplies last.

Here in Europe we can no longer open evga.com redirects us to eu.evga.com
    I don't know if you in America can open eu.evga.com

"The EVGA 30 Series Notify System does not guarantee that your notify order will be fulfilled. While supplies last." was also on the NA site on 4 Oct.  It is also something we all understand may happen.

I have no problem opening the EVGA EU site and going to any page on it from NA.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile