EVGA

Video Driver Crash - GTX 970

Author
res13echo
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/30 06:52:20 (permalink)
I think I've already resolved the problem for myself, I've only had my 970 FTW for a day now, crashing began almost immediately, however after applying +6 mV to my video card using EVGA Precision, the problem was gone for hours until I went to bed. This is my second EVGA card I've had to do this with, my previous card was a GTX 570. Same symptoms, same fix. Generally I will have video driver has failed and has recovered errors and artifacts in game after just a few minutes of gameplay in most cases.

Anyone else experience this problem? Not just with EVGA, but video cards in general. Factory overclocked video cards not having enough voltage to run totally stable out the box.

Thanks,

A little bit of background... I have 344.48. Did a clean uninstall of the original driver and also EVGA Precision before installing the new video card, and then a clean install of both programs after the hardware install. Problem with GTX 570 was seen in both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8.1 64-bit. Games I play that I've experienced this the most appear to be all MMOs, Rift and WoW mostly. BF4, Crysis 3, and other FPS games did not crash for me. Possibly luck because I don't play FPS games that often.

1 Reply Related Threads

flopticalcube
    • Total Posts : 56
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Video Driver Crash - GTX 970 2014/10/30 16:50:59 (permalink)
    This happened on my son's 560 ti SC before I OC'd it. Didn't occur to me as when I OC'd it I upped the voltage anyhow but that could also have been the issue.

Affiliate Code: QX8LPD9RSI
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile