EVGA

Very disappointed in a 1050ti

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Markus54
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 14:13:28 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Markus54
CraptacularOne
Markus download and run 3Dmark here:
https://www.futuremark.com/

It's free and easy to run. Just install it and run it and post your score please. This will tell us if your card is underperforming. 

No one here is trying to attack you or your system, they are all trying to help you diagnose the issue. Please again just download 3Dmark above and post your score so we get a better picture of what's going on. 

When I say that my previous card worked ok and people are asking about my system, it seems to me they are looking for something to blame and not look at the video card as the problem. Or maybe the software that is used to run the card.

Either your system is defective in some manner or it is the GPU.  You  seemed unwilling to participate in troubleshooting to help us discern what the issues is. You clearly have significant issues with your operating system. I'd solve that first before worrying about game performance.

Apparently people on this thread can't read. I said that my GT 640 worked fine. I put in a new graphics card and it doesn't work very good. I cannot install the 3dMark software. I also saw this coming. People blaming my system when my system is NOT THE PROBLEM.
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 14:16:24 (permalink)
By the way, last night I install the new windows update. I haven't had a chance to see if there is any improvement yet.
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 14:22:02 (permalink)
Markus54
HeavyHemi
Markus54
CraptacularOne

It's free and easy to run. Just install it and run it and post your score please. This will tell us if your card is underperforming. 

No one here is trying to attack you or your system, they are all trying to help you diagnose the issue. Please again just download 3Dmark above and post your score so we get a better picture of what's going on. 

When I say that my previous card worked ok and people are asking about my system, it seems to me they are looking for something to blame and not look at the video card as the problem. Or maybe the software that is used to run the card.

Either your system is defective in some manner or it is the GPU.  You  seemed unwilling to participate in troubleshooting to help us discern what the issues is. You clearly have significant issues with your operating system. I'd solve that first before worrying about game performance.

Apparently people on this thread can't read. I said that my GT 640 worked fine. I put in a new graphics card and it doesn't work very good. I cannot install the 3dMark software. I also saw this coming. People blaming my system when my system is NOT THE PROBLEM.

Well, if you cannot install something as basic as 3DMark, then your system in some respects is the problem. It's clear since I've based my comments and so have others, on what you have posted, we can read. When you describe issues with your system separate from GPU issues, we would be remiss in not pointing them out.  The most common tool to diagnose your problem, you cannot install, and you will not provide us any other detail other than userbench that isn't that helpful. You've convinced yourself the GPU is bad. Since that is the case, and apparently there is no other information you can provide us  to assist you, then return the GPU. What other option have you left yourself?

http://www.guru3d.com/art...enchmark_review,6.html
post edited by HeavyHemi - 2017/12/01 14:32:07

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 15:03:13 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Markus54
HeavyHemi
Markus54
CraptacularOne

Well, if you cannot install something as basic as 3DMark, then your system in some respects is the problem. It's clear since I've based my comments and so have others, on what you have posted, we can read. When you describe issues with your system separate from GPU issues, we would be remiss in not pointing them out.  The most common tool to diagnose your problem, you cannot install, and you will not provide us any other detail other than userbench that isn't that helpful. You've convinced yourself the GPU is bad. Since that is the case, and apparently there is no other information you can provide us  to assist you, then return the GPU. What other option have you left yourself?

Perhaps I have downloaded a corrupt 3dMark file. I would not call a 3.8GB file basic. YouTube downloader is basic. I install software on my computer all the time and have no problems with the installation. Like I said, MY GT 640 WORKS FINE. THE 1050 TI DOES NOT. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE 1050TI!
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 15:09:14 (permalink)
Wouldn't doubt if the system is worse off now after the fall creators update.

If or when you finally decide to reinstall windows.. what you want is to download the full version of Windows 10 fall creators edition. Or buy a new retail disk or usb card with it installed on it.

Forgot what it's called now but windows used to let you (don't know if they still do) download the full version for reinstall or to install a fresh clean install of the newest windows version on there site.

While your at it make it easy on yourself and grab a new ssd drive. Only need like a 60gb drive for windows but it's prob hard to find one or impossible now adays.. So grab the smallest you can get like 120-150gb drive.. Samsung evo 950 500gb if you also want to run some games off it as well or put the games on a 5600-7200rpm hdd spinner.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 15:10:35 (permalink)
Where did you buy the 1050ti? Why haven't you exchanged it already if you believe its bad?

Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 15:26:23 (permalink)
Markus54
HeavyHemi
Markus54
HeavyHemi
Markus54
CraptacularOne

Perhaps I have downloaded a corrupt 3dMark file. I would not call a 3.8GB file basic. YouTube downloader is basic. I install software on my computer all the time and have no problems with the installation. Like I said, MY GT 640 WORKS FINE. THE 1050 TI DOES NOT. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE 1050TI!

The size of the file has little to do with it. 3DMark is a basic benchmarking tool which you know. We heard you the first time that you believe the GPU is horrible...litwicki is it?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 15:32:13 (permalink)
Download steam and run 3dmark threw that as it's a free download.

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 15:54:38 (permalink)
AHowes
Download steam and run 3dmark threw that as it's a free download.

Apparently that isn't possible.

Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 16:48:29 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Markus54
HeavyHemi
Markus54
HeavyHemi
Markus54
CraptacularOne

The size of the file has little to do with it. 3DMark is a basic benchmarking tool which you know. We heard you the first time that you believe the GPU is horrible...litwicki is it?

The size of the 3dmark file has a lot to do with the complexity of what it can do. Like I said the YouTube downloader has one function, to download video from YouTube. A benchmark software the likes of 3dmark does many things with a computer.
As for reinstalling Windows 10 it is not going to happen. I have to start with windows 8 from dvd. Then install windows 10. It will take me several hours. Then reinstall the game along with the other software I have on here. Not all of the software install easily. The last time I did it I spent 3 days getting it back to where I had it. Too much work for the wrong result.
By the way a YouTube downloader is only a couple of MB.
In fact 3dmark appears to be quite extensive. I have used other that don't have the 3.8GB bulk that 3dmark has, and those benchmark softwares perform adequately.
Also I have an RMA  #.
post edited by Markus54 - 2017/12/01 16:59:18
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 17:02:21 (permalink)
No.. if you updated windows 8 to win10 per the free update thst was available to everyone you now don't have to install win8 first. The new win 10 key will now be linked to your Microsoft account. If you ever created a Microsoft account. All this info is blurry in my head at the moment but ice already done it twice since on 2 different machines.

That's why Microsoft came out with the full windows software download to reinstall Windows 10 for people that did the free update.

Just reinstall fro. The ein10 install file and then when it's done, log into Microsoft and it will activate the software for you since everyone didn't get a win10 key per the upgrade. No more keys.

Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 17:07:51 (permalink)
EVGATech_JosephL
Markus54, you did mention that you are attempting to play on Ultra settings. I recommend that you lower the settings as this would likely be too high of a setting for your hardware. I would like to ask a few questions:

1. What CPU do you have?
i7 4790 3,6GHz
2. Do lowering the game settings help?
No
3. What settings did you use with the GT 640?
high

CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 17:46:31 (permalink)
Markus54

The size of the 3dmark file has a lot to do with the complexity of what it can do. Like I said the YouTube downloader has one function, to download video from YouTube. A benchmark software the likes of 3dmark does many things with a computer.
As for reinstalling Windows 10 it is not going to happen. I have to start with windows 8 from dvd. Then install windows 10. It will take me several hours. Then reinstall the game along with the other software I have on here. Not all of the software install easily. The last time I did it I spent 3 days getting it back to where I had it. Too much work for the wrong result.
By the way a YouTube downloader is only a couple of MB.
In fact 3dmark appears to be quite extensive. I have used other that don't have the 3.8GB bulk that 3dmark has, and those benchmark softwares perform adequately.
Also I have an RMA  #.

You quite literally have no idea what you're talking about. The size of the file doesn't in any way determine the complexity of what a program can do. A file less than 5KB in size can render your system completely inoperable and hijack it to do whatever another party wants to do with it. Please don't try to lecture us on "complexity" of a program based on it's file size. To quote you earlier in this thread you are "barking up the wrong tree" you are way out of your depth in that regard. 

As for needing to install Windows 8 then 10 again you do not have to do this. When you upgraded your copy of 8 to 10 your key also transfers to Windows 10. I know this because my Key is from a copy of Windows 7 I was using that was upgraded to 10. I do not have to install 7 before installing 10, I can simply install 10 directly. 

Go here and download the Windows version you want and either create a bootable disc or USB stick:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

When it asks you for a key use your Windows 8 key and it will automatically activate Windows the first time you go online. 

I'm am posting knowing full well you will ignore this and come up with another excuse to not take our advice so after this I am done with this thread, do with this advice what you will. Good luck. 
post edited by CraptacularOne - 2017/12/01 17:49:36

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/01 20:30:51 (permalink)
It’s time for fresh popcorn 🍿....
Valtrius Malleus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 290
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/02 04:18:36 (permalink)
A file that's only 4GB in size that stresses the GPU is nothing compared to the >100GB that some games use. By your definition, if it can't run a 4GB program it wont run a game.
ZL1YENKO
  • Total Posts : 74
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/02 07:45:53 (permalink)
Markus54
 Like I said, MY GT 640 WORKS FINE. THE 1050 TI DOES NOT. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE 1050TI!

Then return it already!   Sheesh....

I7 6700K \Corsair 110i GTX Hydro \Asus Z170 Deluxe \64Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3466

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512 \2 EVGA GTX 1080 Founders in SLI  + Hybrid kits \EVGA HB SLI Bridge  

Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:06:03 (permalink)
I found the problem with the 1050ti. But first to those of you whom thought is was a bottleneck, to those of you who thought it was my OS, to those of you who thought is was my cpu or ram, YOU WERE WRONG DEAD WRONG!
Friday, I used DDU to uninstall the drivers. I played the game. Huge improvement. But not the way I expect the card to work. The ship would stop for several hundred milliseconds and then go again. Still frustrating. So yesterday I removed the NVidia software from my computer. Then I went into the registry and tried to remove everything that said NVidia. For some reason I could not delete a lot of the keys.  I deleted the folders. 
Then I played the game again. NO improvement. So this morning I took the card out of my computer and boxed it ready to go to the post office tomorrow. 
Do thanks for the help.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:09:18 (permalink)
DDU in safe mode would of done all that work for you.. in safe mode only.

Glad your moving on though.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:09:24 (permalink)
Wait... I am more confused than ever... you tried playing without a driver installed?

Maybe I misunderstood your last post... but you said you uninstalled everything and saw no change.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:10:59 (permalink)
I've always read flight sims need crazy good hardware. Obviously a 1050ti isint the card for the task.

Elbol24
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:25:32 (permalink)
AHowes
I've always read flight sims need crazy good hardware. Obviously a 1050ti isint the card for the task.

Flight sims maybe, but in Elite Dangerous the only thing that needs to be rendered is the interior of your ship, or maybe a ship or two that you're in combat with. The most difficult thing for the card is when you're on roaming on planet surface.
As I said before, I have 1050ti and I play elite on 4k ultra settings and it's fine (I very rarely land on planets though). Even inside space stations where there are multiple ships around I see no performance issues
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:39:14 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Wait... I am more confused than ever... you tried playing without a driver installed?

Maybe I misunderstood your last post... but you said you uninstalled everything and saw no change.

When I ran ddu I saw a huge improvement. When I got rid of all the NVidia software there was no more improvement.
Getting rid of drivers big change, getting rid of software no more change. Still had problems with the video card.
Valtrius Malleus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 290
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 11:40:36 (permalink)
Markus54
the_Scarlet_one

When I ran ddu I saw a huge improvement. When I got rid of all the NVidia software there was no more improvement.
Getting rid of drivers big change, getting rid of software no more change. Still had problems with the video card.

Did you install new drivers after you removed them?
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 12:21:11 (permalink)
Valtrius Malleus
A file that's only 4GB in size that stresses the GPU is nothing compared to the >100GB that some games use. By your definition, if it can't run a 4GB program it wont run a game.

It is benchmarking software. Which to me means that it is going to test the whole computer. It does several tests on the cpu. It does several tests on the ram. It does several tests on the monitor. It does several tests with the video card. It does many tests on the network card. The same with the Blu-ray player. The printer. This is a complex piece of software. It is necessarily large to include the software to perform these tasks. There are some benchmark software that are a lot smaller but don't do the extensive testing the 3dmark does. And just because I can't install it on my computer doesn't mean that I need to reinstall win 10. It is more likely that either my computer doesn't agree with the way 3dmark wants to install or 3dmark put out a corrupt piece of software. I have had different kinds of software that didn't install over the years. Usually freeware that is no longer being supported.
post edited by Markus54 - 2017/12/03 12:27:44
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 12:25:14 (permalink)
Valtrius Malleus
Markus54
the_Scarlet_one

Did you install new drivers after you removed them?

I uninstalled the drivers with DDU. I saw a change. It was a big improvement. Still had problems just different.
My ship would stop for several hundred milliseconds. When I got rid of all NVidia software there was no change.
Microsoft since win 95 has gathered drivers from all manufacturers and included them in the OS. So I used that basic driver for the 1050ti.
I have pulled the 1050 ti out of my system this morning and am now using my GT 640.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 12:42:53 (permalink)
I know this may sound almost stupid, but are you plugged into your integrated graphics?

If you removed the drivers, I would think you wouldn’t have been able to play the game, as that should remove the open cl, directx, and other driver components that would allow the gpu to work properly with the game. If you are accidentally plugged into the igpu, then the gpu wouldn’t display any change when you remove the nvidia drivers and software.

Again, I could be mistaken, so I am just trying to help figure this out.

Also, your claims about 3D mark testing everything extensively, where did they come from?
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 13:02:06 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I know this may sound almost stupid, but are you plugged into your integrated graphics?

If you removed the drivers, I would think you wouldn’t have been able to play the game, as that should remove the open cl, directx, and other driver components that would allow the gpu to work properly with the game. If you are accidentally plugged into the igpu, then the gpu wouldn’t display any change when you remove the nvidia drivers and software.

Yep, this. When asked about it he twice stated it the same way.

He's either trolling (very, very real possibility) or he doesn't understand that in order to use the 1050 Ti as the 3D renderer his monitor has to plugged into the 1050 Ti.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 13:28:54 (permalink)
I have read through this thread as it was posted, and just trying to figure out what is going on. I am sure my question above will annoy the OP, but that isn’t the purpose. The 1050ti would work on generic drivers, but I doubt the gpu would allow the game to play if the drivers weren’t installed. According to the the last couple of posts, I gather that the drivers were not installed but the game worked, so that makes me think possible igpu.

Now, I am curious if the op ever checked the device manager tab with the 1050ti installed, to see if it showed a code 43 error or anything. I am also curious what cable was used to connect the computer to the monitor, just to verify suspicions.

I don’t want to annoy anyone, but there are many questions the OP flat out refuses to answer and more questions the OP just flat out avoids.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 13:32:27 (permalink)
No idea.. but some people I think are maybe better off moving to console gaming. Not trying to be mean.. just a suggestion.

Plenty of sales this time of year on a Xbox s for less then $200.

Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 14:19:14 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I have read through this thread as it was posted, and just trying to figure out what is going on. I am sure my question above will annoy the OP, but that isn’t the purpose. The 1050ti would work on generic drivers, but I doubt the gpu would allow the game to play if the drivers weren’t installed. According to the the last couple of posts, I gather that the drivers were not installed but the game worked, so that makes me think possible igpu.

Now, I am curious if the op ever checked the device manager tab with the 1050ti installed, to see if it showed a code 43 error or anything. I am also curious what cable was used to connect the computer to the monitor, just to verify suspicions.

I don’t want to annoy anyone, but there are many questions the OP flat out refuses to answer and more questions the OP just flat out avoids.

I think you missed the part where I said that Microsoft gets drivers from hardware manufacturers. They are generic. Adequate to run whatever. The cable used is HDMI plugged directly into the HDMI connector on the video card.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile