EVGA

Very disappointed in a 1050ti

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Markus54
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 14:22:45 (permalink)
Valtrius Malleus
Markus54
the_Scarlet_one
Wait... I am more confused than ever... you tried playing without a driver installed?

Maybe I misunderstood your last post... but you said you uninstalled everything and saw no change.

When I ran ddu I saw a huge improvement. When I got rid of all the NVidia software there was no more improvement.
Getting rid of drivers big change, getting rid of software no more change. Still had problems with the video card.

Did you install new drivers after you removed them?

NO
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 14:27:27 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I know this may sound almost stupid, but are you plugged into your integrated graphics?
NO

If you removed the drivers, I would think you wouldn’t have been able to play the game, as that should remove the open cl, directx, and other driver components that would allow the gpu to work properly with the game. If you are accidentally plugged into the igpu, then the gpu wouldn’t display any change when you remove the nvidia drivers and software.
Playing the game was fine. 

Again, I could be mistaken, so I am just trying to help figure this out.

Also, your claims about 3D mark testing everything extensively, where did they come from?

It is benchmarking software. It is a large file. I figure that it should do a very extensive test of the whole computer. It should be obvious to all. I have used benchmarking software that was significantly smaller in file size and it did a good job. A matter of deduction.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 14:40:48 (permalink)
3D mark doesn’t test your network or many other things you mentioned. You don’t even need a network connection to run it once it is loaded, so I think your understanding may be slightly flawed. It tests the performance of your ram, your cpu, and your video card to give you an idea of how they are performing. You only need network to load your scores once the tests are completed.

The size of the files is because there are multiple benchmarks loaded for one program, like firestrike, timespy, ice storm, and so on are all loaded into 3D mark Some of these are for mobile platforms and some are for pc’s. If you were to remove the ones you don’t need, you would see the size of the file drop exponentially. I think you are assuming because you think you understand. Unfortunately, I believe your thinking is getting in the way here. Your statement that it should be obvious to all proves that you didn’t know that, you just assumed.

We are trying to help. You don’t seem to want the help or want to try the things that are suggested. You have clearly admitted that basic programs will not install, and you tried to justify that by saying it does things that it doesn’t do.

Hopefully your 640 holds you over until your replacement can get in or you can get a refund, which ever you chose in the end.

Also, windows loads a generic driver.. got it.. I just bought a 1060 recently for a spare compare and windows installed the latest update, in which it installed an old driver over the new one. The gpu wouldn’t work, because there was conflicting drivers. Once I removed both drivers and updated to the newest, everything works perfect. This may not be what you experienced, but windows force installs the wrong things sometimes, so we were trying to help.

Have a good day and good luck in the future. When you actually want help, please reach out and others will possibly help.
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 15:03:55 (permalink)
Here is a link that explains benchmarking. It includes 3dmark. You should check it out.
http://www.makeuseof.com/...ee-benchmark-programs/
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 15:05:47 (permalink)
Markus54
So this morning I took the card out of my computer and boxed it ready to go to the post office tomorrow. 

Let us know how the new card works once you receive it.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 15:13:00 (permalink)
Markus54
Here is a link that explains benchmarking. It includes 3dmark. You should check it out.
http://www.makeuseof.com/...ee-benchmark-programs/

So you read the description of 15 different benchmarks and combined them into one synopsis and assume that every single one does the exact same thing.. still wrong.

Also, your webpage spammed me with links and blocked my phone from being able to type my reply to you.

Re-read the futuremark and 3D mark part... they tell you how your gpu is performing. Even the site you linked says that.

Most of the things in that link show you what your computer is doing without benchmarking it.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/03 15:30:34 (permalink)
Temp locking for review   Unlocking for Now, lets keep it civil (tos excerpt)

"treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience."

OP has stated in Post #77
https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2737414
Markus54

So this morning I took the card out of my computer and boxed it ready to go to the post office tomorrow. 
Do thanks for the help.

I thank All Forum Members that tried to help; the OP has made up their mind and we should respect that

OP can post again after they get a new card or whatever they choose to do

Please,  this Thread seems to have run its course, so unless the OP ask another question -- No more post should be made

If this thread continues make sure it is within the TOS or this thread will be locked

(excerpts)
Forum Etiquette
Members are expected to treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience. Although lively discussion is encouraged among members, there are seven things that will not be tolerated:
  • Personal Attacks - Personal attacks often lead to the trading of insults, and can throw the discussion of a legitimate topic off-track.  Personal attacks can be defined as issuing a single or repeated personal attack or attacks aimed at another member, rather than at their opinions or ideas.  Criticizing a member's post is not considered a personal attack, but using terms such as "child," "idiot," "fanboy," for example, or any other derogatory term designed to discredit a member, is not permitted.  Furthermore, comments of a racist or sexist nature, as well as derogatory comments about national origin or sexual orientation, will be dealt with harshly as in a ban from the forums.
  • Trolling - Trolling can be defined as when a member posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent or consequence of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Trolling can also be accomplished by harassing another member by following them through various threads, creating threads directed at another member or group of members, or intentionally creating the same thread in various forums despite being warned or told to post in the correct forum.  Members who feel they are being "trolled" should contact a moderator immediately, as this is the only effective way to prevent this behavior.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EyeDeeNo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 670
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/04 08:47:06 (permalink)
Markus54
I hope if you do get a replacement 1050 Ti, that the next one will fix your issues you where having.
I also had a problem with my original/fist 1050 Ti. I had a nonfunctional fan and didn't notice until after spending a month of setting up a this new computer when I did a DVD for a Blu-ray dive swap install and noticed there was an accumulation of dust resting on the fan blades. Prior to that I did not have any monitoring software or Precision X OC installed to notice the card was very hot some 90-99°c under heavy load. Also didn't have any graphically intensive games installed before that point. I ended up doing a Cross Ship RMA and after a week waiting for the replacement I swapped them and all has been smooth sailing since.

The 1050 Ti is a nice video card for what is does with on need for a PCI power connector also at the price point it is and I am proud to own one.

So again I wish you the best of luck and hope all ends well for you and your computer and look forward to hearing about it.

post edited by EyeDeeNo - 2017/12/04 08:56:14

Lenovo 710-25ISH IdeaCentre with an Intel Core i5-6400 ~ Win10 Home 64-Bit 21H2
Lenovo 3642 Motherboard Intel H170 Chipset ~ BIOS FWKTA7A 11/7/2019
FSP Group FSP250-30AGBAA 250w 80 Plus Bronze
EVGA 04G-P4-6251-KR GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming VBIOS 86.07.22.00.50 ~ Precision XOC 6.0.9 ~ Game Ready 516.59
G.SKILL F4-2400C15Q-4GNT Value DDR4 4x4GB Kit
Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 MX500 SSD 1TB Firmware M3CR043 (Sabrent BK-PCBS) + Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 Barracuda HDD 2TB
Pioneer BDR-209UBK Blu-ray Burner ~ Firmware 1.54 10/7/2020
AOC E2475SWQE 23.6'' 1ms TN 1080p 60Hz Monitor via Athena CLH-DP0612MM28 DP + Samsung UN32J5500AF 31.5'' TV via Belkin F8V3311B15 HDMI
Creative GigaWorks
Markus54
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/04 11:00:12 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
3D mark doesn’t test your network or many other things you mentioned. You don’t even need a network connection to run it once it is loaded, so I think your understanding may be slightly flawed. It tests the performance of your ram, your cpu, and your video card to give you an idea of how they are performing. You only need network to load your scores once the tests are completed.

The size of the files is because there are multiple benchmarks loaded for one program, like firestrike, timespy, ice storm, and so on are all loaded into 3D mark Some of these are for mobile platforms and some are for pc’s. If you were to remove the ones you don’t need, you would see the size of the file drop exponentially. I think you are assuming because you think you understand. Unfortunately, I believe your thinking is getting in the way here. Your statement that it should be obvious to all proves that you didn’t know that, you just assumed.

We are trying to help. You don’t seem to want the help or want to try the things that are suggested. You have clearly admitted that basic programs will not install, and you tried to justify that by saying it does things that it doesn’t do.

Hopefully your 640 holds you over until your replacement can get in or you can get a refund, which ever you chose in the end.

Also, windows loads a generic driver.. got it.. I just bought a 1060 recently for a spare compare and windows installed the latest update, in which it installed an old driver over the new one. The gpu wouldn’t work, because there was conflicting drivers. Once I removed both drivers and updated to the newest, everything works perfect. This may not be what you experienced, but windows force installs the wrong things sometimes, so we were trying to help.

Have a good day and good luck in the future. When you actually want help, please reach out and others will possibly help.

Then it is crappy bloatware. Games today use the internet to play massively multiplayer setups. A gaming benchmark if it is worth its weight should test the cpu, ram, video card, monitor, hard drive/ssd and maybe even the Blu-ray/dvd player. CPU to interpret software instructions, ram cause that is where the game gets stored during play, hard drive/ssd because there are software swaps, network card because there a lot of games that people play online, monitor to see if it can handle the game resolution, video card for performance. I have had games where I had to leave a dvd in the player so I could start the game. It was a security measure. 
As for windows I think Microsoft has made great strides in getting the drivers right. Are they great? I don't think so, but it is much better than what it used to be. They have been at it for quite a while.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/04 11:16:03 (permalink)
You continue to demonstrate your utter lack of basic understanding and knowledge.

Sadly, you can’t even understand the simplest thing when people are trying to help...

Hopefully you find peace because you aren’t looking for it here and you won’t find it anywhere with the way you act.

Mods should permanently lock this thread as the OP isn’t looking for assistance.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/04 11:25:40 (permalink)
I agree that your 1050 Ti is not performing as it should based on these results (link below) --> I do not know why your not getting better performance

Compare NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti vs. graphics cards with Similar Price
futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+1050+Ti/review

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (DDR3)  score 1560

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti  score 7720  (almost 5 times better)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/04 15:42:56 (permalink)
Markus54
the_Scarlet_one

Then it is crappy bloatware. Games today use the internet to play massively multiplayer setups. A gaming benchmark if it is worth its weight should test the cpu, ram, video card, monitor, hard drive/ssd and maybe even the Blu-ray/dvd player. CPU to interpret software instructions, ram cause that is where the game gets stored during play, hard drive/ssd because there are software swaps, network card because there a lot of games that people play online, monitor to see if it can handle the game resolution, video card for performance. I have had games where I had to leave a dvd in the player so I could start the game. It was a security measure. 
As for windows I think Microsoft has made great strides in getting the drivers right. Are they great? I don't think so, but it is much better than what it used to be. They have been at it for quite a while.

I'm pretty sure those of us here trying to help you are aware of the basics of how a PC functions and how benchmarks work. There is 'bloatware' that tests all those things. However, 3DMark benches are primarily for testing GPU performance, although some tests are CPU specific. Their large size is mostly related to the image assets needed to stress the system. After all, if you're going to stress test a 4K+ capable system, you need assets scaled to that. I'm just surprised you're completely unaware 3DMark Benchmarks even existed. Regardless,  since your issue is GPU related, it seemed appropriate to suggest a benchmark focused on that aspect, versus wasting time testing everything else you say is not an issue. You've also explained to us that you have issues with your system so severe that installing common highly regarded benchmarking software will not install or run on your system. Personally I'd fix the underlying OS issues before worrying about games.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2017/12/04 15:54:15 (permalink)
No doubt.. the system not installing a piece of software that everyone else can is a sure fire sign that something huge is up with the os.. reinstall Windows minimum and would be the first thing I would do.

Make a Microsoft account so the new win10 key is saved to your account and download the newest win10 clean install.. no need to install win7 first anymore..back up what you need to save and grab a new ssd while your at it! Load gr8 ein20 file on a usb card and run it. It will set your new drive up while it's installing the latest windows version.. when done log in to your Microsoft account and then activate the os. Should be good to go from there.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
berryjohnsonan
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2020/04/02 04:48:40 (permalink)
Many times your installed graphics hardware does not match required configuration and this situation may cause of various graphic or other problems. So benchmarking is the technology that can solve your many CPU problems. You just take a look  guide.
Which will disclose perticular reason of problem. So you can find their exact solution.
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2020/04/02 09:27:08 (permalink)
berryjohnsonan
Many times your installed graphics hardware does not match required configuration and this situation may cause of various graphic or other problems. So benchmarking is the technology that can solve your many CPU problems. You just take a look  guide.
Which will disclose perticular reason of problem. So you can find their exact solution.

While your desire to help is admirable, I'm not sure replying to a thread from 3 years ago is going to do any good. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2020/04/02 11:17:09 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
berryjohnsonan

While your desire to help is admirable, I'm not sure replying to a thread from 3 years ago is going to do any good. 

Baseball, has been berry berry good to me!

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

cneuhauser
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2020/04/02 11:37:19 (permalink)
Markus54
OK, I did an experiment. This morning I played Age of Empires. I have  a patch that allows me to play at 1920 x 1080p. All that does is allow me to play full screen on my 27" monitor. It also allows me to have more villagers and warriors. I can now go up to 1000 in this game, right now I have it set for 375. Not a big load on the graphics card. I ran task manager. The cpu utilization never went over 30%. 
Now, this afternoon, I played Elite Dangerous. With task manager running I hit 51% utilization and a cpu clock rate of 3.87 GHz. It is not my cpu or ram, which only went to 5.6GB. 
So those of you looking to blame my system, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

1) Not all GHZ are the same, as many of the posters in here have asked, what CPU/MOBO/RAM do you have and how much ram in total
2) Why are you benchmarking in Age of Empires when Elite Dangerous is the game of choice; each game utilizes system resources differently, so you're comparing apples to oranges
3) There are shadows and other specific eye candy that will drag even an RTX 2080 to its knees
4) I seriously doubt you were running Elite Dangerous on Ultra with your 640...that GPU is 8yrs old which is ancient history in GPU terms
5) When was the last time you backed up all of your data, and performed a clean install of your OS and Drivers? (I do this once a year, if not twice a year) The reason for doing this is that if you're constantly installing and uninstalling games, a lot of times games make registry edits to your system, and they don't correct for them upon uninstall... so your registry is probably all sorts of screwed up

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
Windows 10 Ultimate  
EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Very disappointed in a 1050ti 2020/04/02 11:44:33 (permalink)
cneuhauser
Markus54
OK, I did an experiment. This morning I played Age of Empires. I have  a patch that allows me to play at 1920 x 1080p. All that does is allow me to play full screen on my 27" monitor. It also allows me to have more villagers and warriors. I can now go up to 1000 in this game, right now I have it set for 375. Not a big load on the graphics card. I ran task manager. The cpu utilization never went over 30%. 
Now, this afternoon, I played Elite Dangerous. With task manager running I hit 51% utilization and a cpu clock rate of 3.87 GHz. It is not my cpu or ram, which only went to 5.6GB. 
So those of you looking to blame my system, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

1) Not all GHZ are the same, as many of the posters in here have asked, what CPU/MOBO/RAM do you have and how much ram in total
2) Why are you benchmarking in Age of Empires when Elite Dangerous is the game of choice; each game utilizes system resources differently, so you're comparing apples to oranges
3) There are shadows and other specific eye candy that will drag even an RTX 2080 to its knees
4) I seriously doubt you were running Elite Dangerous on Ultra with your 640...that GPU is 8yrs old which is ancient history in GPU terms
5) When was the last time you backed up all of your data, and performed a clean install of your OS and Drivers? (I do this once a year, if not twice a year) The reason for doing this is that if you're constantly installing and uninstalling games, a lot of times games make registry edits to your system, and they don't correct for them upon uninstall... so your registry is probably all sorts of screwed up

I'm pretty sure Mark took his ball and went home some time ago. It's a necro.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile