EVGA

Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022)

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Shraf2k
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 154
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/08 00:45:26 (permalink)
I have the 10 yr and I agree the no notice thing was kinda skeevy esp in comparison to the rest of EVGAs business practices previously.
DominatorVIP
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/09 20:57:52 (permalink)
Hopefully one day I'll have a decent enough GPU that will warrant the need for such a warranty. Pretty sure a 5 year warranty for a GTX-750 TI is a bit overkill at this point lol.

Jokes aside I think this is long overdue, probably about time they reformed the program  

The GTX-1050 TI is extremely underrated, and no one can tell me otherwise.
clearkill
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/09 21:26:40 (permalink)
I am disappointed in this as well. My CPU cooler broke on the 28th (same day I got my 3080 delivered coincidentally) and I got my system back up on the 3rd with a new cooler, went to buy the plan immediately but it was all changed. I was confident I had 90 days to purchase the 10-year warranty and it's the only reason I bought my card (I was lucky enough to have gotten an MSI 3080 last year which I've sold to a friend). I'm not sure I would've purchased another 3080, and a hybrid at that, if I had known I wouldn't be able to get the old plan. Additionally, if there had been any notice on the extended warranty page before the change, I would have gone ahead and bought the 10-year warranty before the 1st. But it seems EVGA realized this as well and is trying to capitalize on it. I can understand the reasoning but I am still disappointed, and I see this as the opposite of the stellar customer experience that I generally associate with EVGA. There at least should have been a notice on my product page where it says I have 90 days to extend my warranty, that that extension is subject to change on Jan 1st. But really, I think anyone who placed an order before the change should be grandfathered into the old plan. 
0341motormen1
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/09 23:01:21 (permalink)
the money that there making will end up costing them more in the long run as mentioned alot of people buy from evga because of the warrenties . before they changed the ear program now the extended warrenties if there was no gpu drought i and others would buy from another company then evga now not to mention evgas quality on the 3000 series cards have gone down both in materials and component used. with all these changes ur gonna tell me if u had the option to buy a asus card or a evga u would still pick a evga card if u could get either or at msp
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/09 23:31:26 (permalink)
So saying: "take my money" has changed from being a joke to a serious financial statement🤔.
Let's see how these changes will benefit EVGA in the coming years, because the way i see it, during the past years, EVGA had hurt themselves badly..from the PSUs to Motherboards, GPUs issues and lastly the queue mess.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
AJ090
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/09 23:41:17 (permalink)
I'm a longtime EVGA customer.  Built my first gaming rig back in 2009 with an EVGA X58 mobo and two EVGA GTX 480s.  The next year I decided I wanted to water cool my rig and bought two Hydro Copper 580s from EVGA.  From that day, ALL of my new GPUs and mobos have been EVGA products.  The only exception was when I reluctantly built my first ever PC with an AMD CPU in March of last year and therefore had to buy an MSI mobo because EVGA didn't make AMD mobos.  I was pretty annoyed when EVGA then released their first ever AMD mobo like three or four months later (releasing an AMD mobo at the very end of the AM4 platform makes almost zero sense but EVGA did it) because I would've bought that instead of the MSI board.

I say all that because I want people to know just how loyal of an EVGA customer I have been over the years.  I've even purchased several new GPUs (including their most expensive air-cooled card, the FTW3 3090) through the recent queue system.  I have used EXCLUSIVLY EVGA GPUs (and mobos except for my last one) for almost 13 years now.  The only non-EVGA GPU I've ever owned was the first GPU I ever bought...which was like an 8400 GT or something like that which I bought and plugged into my family's store-bought, pre-built HP home computer about 15 years ago without even knowing if that mobo had a slot for a dedicated GPU (luckily it did).

So I am absolutely NOT an "EVGA hater".  As a matter of fact, I've been singing EVGA's praises to everybody I've ever talked to when it comes to PC hardware.  But there is zero doubt in my mind that this company has lost their way over the last year or so.  It started with the blatantly cheap build quality on what are supposed to be "the best GPUs" on the market...the EVGA 3090s that all got fried just by starting up various games (games I thankfully have no interest in).  Then you people gave random nobodies the opportunity to get early access to the queue list by spamming your forums with 100 posts or whatever it was.  Opening up the early queue list to anyone who had the time to spam your forums promptly led to your website crashing for HOURS every time a new GPU released...brilliant move, EVGA.  People who've spent thousands and thousands of dollars on your products over the years had the same access to the queue as someone WHO HAD NEVER OWNED ONE SINGLE EVGA PRODUCT IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE!!!

You followed that up by trying to kick your long-time customers OFF OF THE QUEUE COMPLETELY so "new customers" could get GPUs faster.  Are you effing kidding me?  When I read that I could not believe that someone at your company thought that was a good idea.  You people treat your long-time customers like trash.  It was purely the amount of backlash over that little stunt that got it changed...but you still went ahead and limited people to two GPUs on the queue and then you SCREWED US when you set a random deadline date for us to remove items of our choice from the queue before you just reverted automatically to the two oldest queue items on our list.  I deleted items from my list on the deadline day and instead of being left with the two items I wanted most, you auto-cancelled my items and I ended up with just one card left on the queue (because it was both one that I wanted AND one of my oldest queue items).

This ludicrous warranty price change may be the last straw for me.  First of all, I am smart enough to see what you are doing even if nobody else has called you out on it yet.  This post is TEN DAYS OLD and it barely has two pages of replies.  Why?  Because instead of posting it in the GPU section of your forum...the most active section BY FAR...you've DELIBERATELY hidden it away in the "EVGA Warranty Questions" section that nobody ever reads.  The only reason I even found out about this BS was because a tech website just featured it as a news story today.  I suspect that many other people will just be finding out about this for the first time as well, just like I did.

Those prices for an extended warranty ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!  And it sure seems to me like people aren't quite understanding how the warranty works.  The cards come with a three year warranty already included.  So EVGA's BULLSPIT claims of a "five year warranty" or a "seven year warranty" are somewhat dishonest.  You aren't paying $160 for "an extended five year warranty" on a new RTX 3090...YOU ARE PAYING $160 FOR JUST TWO EXTRA YEARS!!!  The three year warranty is already included with the card and to extend it FOR TWO YEARS (so five years TOTAL), you can pay an extra $160 instead of the original $30.  That is a freaking $130 price increase. 

And the "seven year" warranty is a total sham at this point.  First of all, they've reduced the warranty period from ten years to seven, and you now pay $240 freaking dollars for FOUR extra years of warranty instead of $60!  Don't get me wrong, $60 was pretty much a laughably good deal and a price increase is perfectly reasonable IMO.  What IS NOT reasonable is QUADRUPLING THE PRICE while simultaneously REDUCING THE WARRANTY PERIOD BY THREE FULL YEARS!!!  Not only that, but you just did it out of the blue with no warning whatsoever.  So anyone who had just bought one of your cards but hadn't paid the $60 for the ten year warranty because they thought they had 60 days left to do it is now totally SCREWED!  They can't even GET a ten year warranty anymore and instead have to pay a RIDICULOUS $240 for seven years instead.

IDK who is making these IDI0TIC decisions at EVGA but you people better get your stuff together because the only things you've succeeded in doing over the last two years are drive away loyal customers and torpedo your reputation for making "the best GPUs on the market".  You've turned yourselves into meme fodder just to save a few bucks on the manufacturing of each 3090 card and you seem to LOVE letting your long-time loyal customers know that we mean less to you than someone who has the time to spam your forums with useless trash just to reach 100 posts.  Either get your stuff together FAST or I will have no problem buying my FIRST EVER graphics card from someone other than EVGA when the new Nvidia 4000-series cards come out this fall.
post edited by AJ090 - 2022/01/09 23:43:32
asterothe1905
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/10 16:27:10 (permalink)
I'm also on the same boat, got a card on November and would buy the warranty this month.
jdsiller
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/10 18:46:55 (permalink)
I agree with you and I am in the same boat with my $600+ motherboard! They claim they can change the terms at any time but even that language was only added overnight. Archives of the old page show no such language. They have the right to change terms for future purchases but should honor those purchased under the old terms. I tried to support them for their customer service but this shows a new direction lacking in integrity. I'll be contacting consumer agencies about this.
0341motormen1
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/10 22:54:44 (permalink)
I read ur whole post i feel the same way evga stood out because it cares out its customers not any more they only care about money . If gpu were so easy to get am sure they would not have pulled this stunt know people buy evga for there customer service and warranties . Also have you seen what did they did to there Ear program its unreal. if you want to do a rma where they send you a card you have to send them the money for your card and the money for the new card . Before all this i was about to try to get a Asus card but got called for the evga q . Now poeple will buy other cards in the future because of evgas money thirst and bad quality . Even there psus have gone downhilll after there really good g3 series
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/10 23:06:14 (permalink)
Good luck getting any extended warranty from any other AIB. 

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

0341motormen1
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/10 23:12:47 (permalink)
gigabyte does 4 years and zotac does 5 years for free and thats just the ones i locked up
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/10 23:25:07 (permalink)
0341motormen1
gigabyte does 4 years and zotac does 5 years for free and thats just the ones i locked up

If I were them then I would, too.

jdsiller
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/11 03:34:12 (permalink)
We should report this to the BBB and any other consumer protection agencies.  The old webpage, which can still be found archived online had no language which stated they would change the terms without warning.  They simply quoted you terms good for 90 days from time of purchase and should honor it for products purchased prior to the change.
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/11 07:16:03 (permalink)
LOL the BBB.  

Brickokermis
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/11 07:47:49 (permalink)
Hello, I am surprised like everyone else by this change. But I don't understand something. Owners who bought an extended warranty to 5 or 10 years a few months ago are still valid? Because I bought in January 2021 a 10 years warranty extension of my RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA. I have the proof of the receipt and the invoice in PDF of the purchase of the 10 years extension
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/11 07:52:55 (permalink)
Brickokermis
Hello, I am surprised like everyone else by this change. But I don't understand something. Owners who bought an extended warranty to 5 or 10 years a few months ago are still valid? Because I bought in January 2021 a 10 years warranty extension of my RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA. I have the proof of the receipt and the invoice in PDF of the purchase of the 10 years extension

Yes, the change does not effect existing warranties.  You can see how much time is left on your warranty by clicking on your registered product on the My Products page.

NeoCrisis
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/11 15:39:00 (permalink)
jdsiller
We should report this to the BBB and any other consumer protection agencies.  The old webpage, which can still be found archived online had no language which stated they would change the terms without warning.  They simply quoted you terms good for 90 days from time of purchase and should honor it for products purchased prior to the change.

You realize that the BBB has no governing power. Just because Bureau is in the name doesn't mean they have any sort of authority. They are literally Yelp for boomers.  Its like that South Park episode where Randy gets angry and starts a riot against the federal government by taking over a local FedEx building. 

jdsiller
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/11 16:04:19 (permalink)
I'm aware of how they work and of their lack of governing authority. If you have any specific suggestions besides just throwing our hands up in the air and complaining on forums, they are quite welcome.
jdsiller
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/12 16:06:55 (permalink)
NeoCrisis
jdsiller

You realize that the BBB has no governing power. Just because Bureau is in the name doesn't mean they have any sort of authority. They are literally Yelp for boomers.  Its like that South Park episode where Randy gets angry and starts a riot against the federal government by taking over a local FedEx building. 

Well, guess what?  It's been resolved for me through BBB.  Don't think Yelp would have helped.  I won?  I guess?  I mean, it's free money for EVGA either way probably, so I don't know why they didn't just honor the price for existing invoices in the first place.  The hardware will be obsolete long before the warranty runs out but at the currently insane prices of the hardware, the old terms are nice piece of mind.  I am, however, disturbed by the new language they've added saying they can cancel your warranty at any time for any or no reason.  I don't think that's enforceable, though, especially as they're doing business in California.
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/12 17:44:51 (permalink)
jdsiller
I am, however, disturbed by the new language they've added saying they can cancel your warranty at any time for any or no reason.  I don't think that's enforceable, though, especially as they're doing business in California.

This portion of the terms isn't really part of anything sinister.  What happens from time to time is someone buys a card secondhand, ebay, etc. and registers it using the place of purchase as an authorized reseller, and the date of purchase within the 90 day window.  As you can imagine, people will purchase an extended warranty or try to use Step-Up and at some point in the process we have to cancel these promotions because they weren't eligible for it in the first place.  We will usually refund the extended warranty and close it out.

The only other reason we cancel warranties is due to fraud, stolen products (i.e. members have reported a product stolen and provide a police report), or some other action by a customer that may lead to a temporary block on the product's warranty (like not sending in the original product with a cross-ship or EAR).
clearkill
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/12 18:47:55 (permalink)
jdsiller

Well, guess what?  It's been resolved for me through BBB.  

Could you clarify/expand on what you mean by this?
Lrsnow
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/13 13:43:57 (permalink)
clearkill
jdsiller

Seconded.  I am interested in doing whatever we can to let EVGA know that they are actively hurting their brand and customer base.  I actually attempted to purchase the extended warranty while registering my new GPU on December 31st, 2021 and the website wouldn't let me.  Little did I know it was because they were busy updating the pricing page...
post edited by Lrsnow - 2022/01/13 13:46:38
Deja123
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/14 04:06:31 (permalink)
I'm new customer for evga and I bought first time with queue 3060 ti upgrade from rx vega 64. Looking around all that time till I hit my queue, I felt that evga is idd really good at taking care of customers and as far as I can tell, we always had early updates of almost everything (early update of queue policy-early warning of price change for gpus etc).

Right now looking at the way this change appeared its like a step-back imo from what customers used to. I can totally understand that price for extend warranty was low especially for high end gpus, and I feel like its totally healthy for company to evaluate how the program worked the previous years and make adjustment.

Imo they should have made an announcement before the change appear and even better they should have let people who bought products before 2022 to use the old program as they already paid for product (not like it was something in queue).

I also want to mention that prices for ext.warranty here in europe are little bit higher, and I can give an example into this:
Assuming that someone bought 3060ti xc like me:
Price for US is 479.99dollars with out any taxes etc
Price for EU is 419.99euro again with out any taxes
If we exchange the price of US dollars into euro its calculated ~equally so 479.99dollars for 3060ti xc exchange calculated as 418,89eur. All good so far.

Now lets take a look at updated ext.warranty prices US and EU, for 3060ti xc both are into the category under 500dollars or under 500euro.
US is charging 60dollars with out any taxes for under 500dollars product for 7year ext.warranty
EU is charging 60euro with out any taxes for under 500eur product for 7year ext.warranty
If we exchange the 60dollars into eur we get 52.30eur or if we exchange 60euro into dollars we get 68.75dollars

With old program of 10yr ext.warranty in the same case, EU had 40euro price tag for under 500euro product and US 50dollars price tag for under 500dollars product.
hazium233
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/18 06:26:38 (permalink)
I procrastinated for the 3070ti FTW3 Ultra I got in October and felt a little bad about that when looked into getting it last week.  Let the deadline pass though, hope it doesn't blow up at 3 years 1 day.
post edited by hazium233 - 2022/01/18 06:27:48
jdsiller
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/21 17:23:45 (permalink)
That is understandable but those are "reasons" and the language I was referring to was the wording of "for any or no reason". There is probably a better boilerplate wording such as "EVGA reserves the right to cancel warranties under "x" circumstances" or some such.
jdsiller
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/21 17:27:28 (permalink)
clearkill
jdsiller

I filled a customer complaint with my details and archived screenshots of the terms at my time of purchase. EVGA immediately invoiced me for the original warranty offer.
Lrsnow
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/22 14:07:05 (permalink)
Well to EVGA's credit, after calling and getting redirected to the Webmaster they did honor the warranty pricing at the time of my purchase since I was unable to complete the transaction due to their website error.

I still think the pricing structure should only apply to purchases made after the effective date of the price increase.  Regardless, credit where it's due, and EVGA did make right in this situation (at least from one customer's perspective).
clearkill
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/01/25 21:52:46 (permalink)
jdsiller

I filled a customer complaint with my details and archived screenshots of the terms at my time of purchase. EVGA immediately invoiced me for the original warranty offer.

Lrsnow
Well to EVGA's credit, after calling and getting redirected to the Webmaster they did honor the warranty pricing at the time of my purchase since I was unable to complete the transaction due to their website error.

I still think the pricing structure should only apply to purchases made after the effective date of the price increase.  Regardless, credit where it's due, and EVGA did make right in this situation (at least from one customer's perspective).

Well, this makes it even worse in my opinion. Why are some customers getting different treatment when I paid just as much for my GPU? If they are going to honor the old policy for some customers, they need to honor it for everyone who was previously eligible for the old plan. And we shouldn't have to jump through hoops or do a little song and dance to the BBB for this, either.
ElementalGaming
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/02/01 17:32:33 (permalink)
jdsiller
clearkill
jdsiller

Hey man. By chance, would you mind letting us know what exactly you said in the email? And who you spoke to? Also, when did you make this ticket? I ask because I did the exact same thing, for products I purchased over 2 months ago, and I'm still within the 90-day duration, but they still don't want to issue me any invoice for the old 10-year warranty because "The TOS changed, so the old benefits are no longer offered"

Also, if you could send a screenshot of the email as well (hiding your info, of course), that would be much appreciated

Edit: Btw, what is "BBB"?
post edited by ElementalGaming - 2022/02/01 20:28:34
angelef9
  • Total Posts : 89
Re: Update to the EVGA Extended Warranty Program (1/1/2022) 2022/02/04 16:18:00 (permalink)
what a surprised i had when i went to go to purchase my extended warranty. WOW no notice or anything.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile