EVGA

Helpful ReplyTorq mx5 scrolling issue

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
TorqX5Laser
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/06/15 07:49:02 (permalink)
A week ago I bought a Torq-X5L. The problem with the wheelscroll also affects my mouse and it not only affects the navigation, but also when I play.
I'm not sure, but it may be a problem caused by the Unleash software. Every time I start the system, a registry key is created:

"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ 潃 瑮 潲  慐 敮 屬 敄 歳 潴 p]
"WheelScrollLines" = "6"

When I deleted that key and closed Unleash, the wheel works fine.
I have noticed that there are other registry keys that refer to "WhellScrollLines" but they are from the Windows system.
Is it possible that they make a conflict and this key created by the EVGA software is unnecessary? If so, the number of rows of wheel displacement can be selected directly from the options of the mouse in windows, it is not necessary that there is also an option in Unleash.

To say also that it would not be bad to have a guide for the configuration, especially for the creation of macro and the use of Lift-Off Distance in the different surface or MousePad.

Finally, I would like to know if it is normal that the "Sensor Calibration" does not work with the X5L.
I hope my contributions will be useful.

FW. Ver. 41
SW. 1.0.17

Thanks for your attention.

Forget my previous post. The X5L still have the problem with the wheelScrollLines, even after uninstalling the Unleash software.

I do not plan to send it to RMA. Even if I have 3 years of warranty,delivery costs would be the same as buying it again.
post edited by TorqX5Laser - 2018/06/15 07:53:30
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/06/15 09:24:27 (permalink)
TorqX5Laser
A week ago I bought a Torq-X5L. The problem with the wheelscroll also affects my mouse and it not only affects the navigation, but also when I play.
I'm not sure, but it may be a problem caused by the Unleash software. Every time I start the system, a registry key is created:

"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ 潃 瑮 潲  慐 敮 屬 敄 歳 潴 p]
"WheelScrollLines" = "6"

When I deleted that key and closed Unleash, the wheel works fine.
I have noticed that there are other registry keys that refer to "WhellScrollLines" but they are from the Windows system.
Is it possible that they make a conflict and this key created by the EVGA software is unnecessary? If so, the number of rows of wheel displacement can be selected directly from the options of the mouse in windows, it is not necessary that there is also an option in Unleash.

To say also that it would not be bad to have a guide for the configuration, especially for the creation of macro and the use of Lift-Off Distance in the different surface or MousePad.

Finally, I would like to know if it is normal that the "Sensor Calibration" does not work with the X5L.
I hope my contributions will be useful.

FW. Ver. 41
SW. 1.0.17

Thanks for your attention.

Forget my previous post. The X5L still have the problem with the wheelScrollLines, even after uninstalling the Unleash software.

I do not plan to send it to RMA. Even if I have 3 years of warranty,delivery costs would be the same as buying it again.

It doesn't hurt to submit a RMA request to see if EVGA will cover the shipping cost both ways or will just send you a replacement mouse for free instead. Logitech in the US is known for taking care of customers like that.

TorqX5Laser
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/06/18 08:14:53 (permalink)
MSim
It doesn't hurt to submit a RMA request to see if EVGA will cover the shipping cost both ways or will just send you a replacement mouse for free instead. Logitech in the US is known for taking care of customers like that.

I appreciate the advice. But I have read that the conditions for RMA are quite strict.

"CONDITION ...................................................................................................................................
Your EVGA product must be returned undamaged and in its original factory condition. If your product has
been modified, RMA p
roces
sing may be delayed and you may be assessed a service fee to restore the
product to facto
ry condition as indicated under our Limited Warranty terms and RMA Process terms."
.......................................................................................................................................................

In my case I should send from Spain ...
post edited by TorqX5Laser - 2018/06/18 08:18:47
TorqX5Laser
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/06/20 15:46:17 (permalink)
MDeckerM
Hello,

I apologize for any issues you have been experiencing with your Torq mouse.

We do have a firmware available that can fix this issue. Please email  to request this firmware update. Please include the serial number of your mouse as well.

Thank you

Does EVGA have any intention of resolving the malfunction if that does not depend on a hardware fabrication defect, and is it simply a matter of software?
Gromit2096
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/06/22 05:56:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2018/07/24 20:14:42
I just received a Torq X5 and had horrible wheel issues as described in this thread. Someone earlier posted that they spun their wheel all the way around a few times and the problem went away, and I can confirm that has worked for me (for the 5 minutes it has been since that fix and this post, anyway). I just held the mouse with one hand and spun the wheel a ton in both directions with a finger (for about 10 seconds all up).
Maybe there's some crud in the sensor that needs to be cleared? Whatever it is, I'm now happy with it.
(My previous Torq X3 worked flawlessly, BTW.)
TorqX5Laser
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/06/26 08:44:45 (permalink)
v0idnull

But why won't you give us an update on this?
Did your tech team find out what's causing this? and why only *SOME* people have this problem? Looking at the long thread on OCN this doesn't seem to be a very widespread problem so you are just gonna swipe it under the rug and pretend it never happened?
Is there a fix?
Is there a new batch with the wheel fixed already on the market? or is it coming soon?

Some store is clearing out their stock and dropping prices a lot on this mouse, which is usually a indicator it's either going to be discontinued or a new batch is coming.

It could be that EVGA is planning to abandon the mouse business, seeing it as very difficult to compete with the big players in the sector. I hope not.
They are not bad devices, they just need to give more attention in resolving the issues and give more information regarding configuration. I had to do, practically a master :) in mouse technology to be able to properly operate my X5L, from which surface to use or how far to configure the sensor "Lift-Off Distance". Now it goes very well although some say that the laser are not suitable for playing FPS game.
Of course I still have the problem with the wheel scroll and it's boring.

post edited by TorqX5Laser - 2018/06/26 08:49:15
Statix
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/07/20 14:57:09 (permalink)
Gromit2096
I just received a Torq X5 and had horrible wheel issues as described in this thread. Someone earlier posted that they spun their wheel all the way around a few times and the problem went away, and I can confirm that has worked for me (for the 5 minutes it has been since that fix and this post, anyway). I just held the mouse with one hand and spun the wheel a ton in both directions with a finger (for about 10 seconds all up).
Maybe there's some crud in the sensor that needs to be cleared? Whatever it is, I'm now happy with it.
(My previous Torq X3 worked flawlessly, BTW.)

Thanks for the tip. Scrolling upward a bunch of times does seem to fix the problem, at least for the moment.

I'll post an update if the problem returns.
post edited by Statix - 2018/07/21 06:28:54
metalcored
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/07/24 19:34:52 (permalink)
Thank you for the tip about scrolling up.  I held the mouse in one hand and scrolled up with the other for about a minute and it fixed the issue.  

EVGA - Seriously, what the heck?! First of all there is no way a product should get out the door with this problem for OVER 3 YEARS (your quality folks need a stern talking to) and second of all, how can you completely ignore a forum thread like this?  Even though my issue is fixed thanks to this post alone (and Google finding it), I'm probably never buying another one of your products again.  I can't believe you guys.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/07/24 20:28:48 (permalink)
This is mostly a user to user support Forum.  Yes, EVGA employees do post in some of the thousands of posts  ...........

Interesting that multiple rotations seem to Fix or at least band-aid the issue. 

Has anyone who has had a issue and done the multiple rotations "fix" --> has the problem reappeared ?

I've marked a few posts to make it easier to find the Helpful ones

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

RickDrits
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/07/25 16:23:53 (permalink)
Cool GTX
This is mostly a user to user support Forum.  Yes, EVGA employees do post in some of the thousands of posts  ...........

Interesting that multiple rotations seem to Fix or at least band-aid the issue. 

Has anyone who has had a issue and done the multiple rotations "fix" --> has the problem reappeared ?

I've marked a few posts to make it easier to find the Helpful ones

Well I just received my X5L and I did the "multiple rotations" to the scroll wheel (like 30 secs scrolling up) and that fixed the scroll issue for now... but Im surprised how after almost 3 years this problem still happens today... When I connected the mouse that problem freaked me out lol until I got here. 
Wildshot
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/08/03 16:36:24 (permalink)
I've bought two Torq x3's and they both have problems scrolling.
I got the second Torq x3 precisely because of the scrolling issues I was having with the first one not realizing this is a widespread issue.

What they do is scroll the opposite direction you want it to go about 20% of the time.

I tested scrolling on the second Torq x3 right away and it seemed to be working fine.
Then I installed Unleash, which updated the mouse firmware.
Now the new x3 is having issues scrolling and it's even worse than the first one.
So I'm convinced this is a firmware issue.

Tried:
them on a different computer (same issue),
removing the Chinese reg key,
switching usb ports,
lowering lines scrolled per turn in the OS and in unleash,
Uninstalling unleash,
and the scroll in one direction for awhile trick.

post edited by Wildshot - 2018/08/03 16:41:05
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/08/04 22:16:25 (permalink)
Wildshot
I've bought two Torq x3's and they both have problems scrolling.
I got the second Torq x3 precisely because of the scrolling issues I was having with the first one not realizing this is a widespread issue.

What they do is scroll the opposite direction you want it to go about 20% of the time.

I tested scrolling on the second Torq x3 right away and it seemed to be working fine.
Then I installed Unleash, which updated the mouse firmware.
Now the new x3 is having issues scrolling and it's even worse than the first one.
So I'm convinced this is a firmware issue.

Tried:
them on a different computer (same issue),
removing the Chinese reg key,
switching usb ports,
lowering lines scrolled per turn in the OS and in unleash,
Uninstalling unleash,
and the scroll in one direction for awhile trick.

Hello,

Have you been able to submit a ticket through our support portal?

Daniel 
RatzRato
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/10/19 18:06:00 (permalink)
Hello, I receltry buy an EVGA Torq x5 and my scroll is not working fine. When im going down it go back some lines, im very unhappy with this :S.
BULLSEYEliTe
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/10/22 14:48:35 (permalink)
I've had this issue for a while on my x5 , i haven't tried the above suggestions but i watched a video on general scroll wheel fix in which you open the mouse and squeeze(not too hard)  the switch which is responsible for registering wheel rotation using Pliers ( may sound stupid) but fixed it for me, if your mouse is out of warranty period you can give this a try.
RatzRato
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/10/22 19:18:16 (permalink)
BULLSEYEliTe
I've had this issue for a while on my x5 , i haven't tried the above suggestions but i watched a video on general scroll wheel fix in which you open the mouse and squeeze(not too hard)  the switch which is responsible for registering wheel rotation using Pliers ( may sound stupid) but fixed it for me, if your mouse is out of warranty period you can give this a try.

Hello. Can u teach me how to open the mouse to see the wheel switch please, since evga did nothing to help me, i already tell them i have the last firmware and driver and they keep saying things like that.
BULLSEYEliTe
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/10/23 04:59:16 (permalink)
RatzRato

Hello. Can u teach me how to open the mouse to see the wheel switch please, since evga did nothing to help me, i already tell them i have the last firmware and driver and they keep saying things like that.

First remove the mouse from PC then remove the 3 Teflon feet at bottom of mouse, there should be 3 screws remove them. Next, you should be able to separate the top white shell from the body. After that locate the switch which the handle of scroll wheel is inserted to ( on my x5 is on the right of scroll wheel) . Finally use pliers to squeeze it from different angles, since its next to right click the space is tight so do it from angles where is possible to avoid damaging other parts, also remember not to squeeze too hard. You can plug the mouse to PC as is before you reassemble and test scroll wheel but do it carefully, if not fixed unplug & repeat with little more force. Hope this helps..

EDIT: if you remove the Teflon feet carefully without tearing it you can use it again, i think they include a spare set if i remember correctly in case you mess up.
ooojerry129
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/11/21 09:36:02 (permalink)
Hey folks.  Sorry to resurrect the thread.  Just wanted to let you know I have currently found a fix that has lasted greater than a week.  There is still an occasional blip about one in one hundred wheel clicks, but this is what I did.

First and foremost I do not recommend/condone opening your mouse yourself, but I figured it was cheaper to take a look and see what is inside and what is going on as opposed to RMA'ing it.  Shipping the mouse to EVGA vs the $12 I spent on it....

Anywho, I had followed prior instructions of removing the teflon feet.  If you have a nice flat tweezer, that works well and you only have to expose regions to get to the screw as needed.  One screw in each upper pad and two screws in the bottom pad.  I opened it up and tried the squeeze method and that did not help.  Tried disassembling it further and that still did not help.  Ultimately I noticed when I was scrolling the wheel, the hexagonal switch that accepts your input does not rotate in a 1:1 fashion with the mouse wheel.  Simply put, the size of the peg is too small for the hole (cue, that's what she said...).  I simply wrapped one thin layer of plumbers tape about the scroll wheel peg.  And voila!

Once again I do not condone this.   Just if you like to tinker and have nothing to lose.   Now, back to my FPS.....
Aultus
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/12/19 17:15:55 (permalink)
Hi EVGA, 
You guys are known for customer service, but this scrolling issue is still present in the Torq x5l 3 years after it was originally brought up in this thread. I am on my second Torq X5L from amazon with the identical issue described repeatedly in this thread, so I'm pretty sure it's not just an isolated defect.
My rig is all EVGA from the case to the mouse and keyboard. I would hate to have to break up the theme because of an unresolved issue with the scroll wheel of a mouse people have been complaining about sense Windows 10 launched in 2015.
I would appreciate a reply from EVGA on this issue, is there a fix?
This is the first time I've gone to the trouble of reaching out to a manufacturer of a product rather than just going to another company to satisfy my needs. 
This is my first post on the forum and I hate that it's a complaint with an otherwise spectacular product.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/12/19 22:45:23 (permalink)
Have you tried to contact EVGA support? It could be an issue that was fixed but some retailers can have old inventory on hand that hasn’t been fixed. Also while I use an X10 I haven’t noticed a problem.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

BULLSEYEliTe
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/12/20 04:21:40 (permalink)
Aultus
Hi EVGA, 
You guys are known for customer service, but this scrolling issue is still present in the Torq x5l 3 years after it was originally brought up in this thread. I am on my second Torq X5L from amazon with the identical issue described repeatedly in this thread, so I'm pretty sure it's not just an isolated defect.
My rig is all EVGA from the case to the mouse and keyboard. I would hate to have to break up the theme because of an unresolved issue with the scroll wheel of a mouse people have been complaining about sense Windows 10 launched in 2015.
This is the first time I've gone to the trouble of reaching out to a manufacturer of a product rather than just going to another company to satisfy my needs. 
This is my first post on the forum and I hate that it's a complaint with an otherwise spectacular product.

As far as i know it's hardware problem and can be fixed if you open the mouse, some methods have been mentioned above, but if you have warranty getting replacement is your safest choice.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2018/12/20 07:17:56 (permalink)
Aultus
Hi EVGA, 

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Use this link to talk directly with EVGA support

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Mslaguy007
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2019/06/11 20:56:41 (permalink)
Same issue. Brand new out of the box. :\
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2019/06/12 00:44:01 (permalink)
Mslaguy007
Same issue. Brand new out of the box. :\

If it’s new out of the box I would contact support. You could try the scroll tip above but right out of the box means more might be wrong as this isn’t an issue that wear and tear could be part of the cause.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Mslaguy007
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2019/06/12 03:50:23 (permalink)
Ya, I contacted support. Now I wait.
Alexxxxxxx
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2019/07/09 02:30:58 (permalink)
Yo this actually worked, just grab the mouse and scroll the wheel up and down really quick for a few seconds, sounds odd, but mine works fine now so thanks bro!
krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2019/07/18 14:55:24 (permalink)
I just opened my Toro X3 laser mouse.  I've had it a while but I have never opened it till now because my regular mouse just bit the dust. I am having the same problem others are experiencing here.  I've tried the fast scroll method stated her and it does work, but it's a temporary solution.  Has there been an answer yet as to what can be done, I would hate to just throw away this never used mouse because it simply doesn't work right out of the box.  Thanks for letting me rant. 

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

kburton22
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2020/11/19 01:21:49 (permalink)
Yep here it is November of 2020 and I just received my X5 and it too has scrolling issues. I did the scrolling the wheel "fix" and so far so good. I almost bought the X10 but thought I really didn't need the features, I may still buy it later. My build is mostly EVGA components and have been happy with every thing until now. I'm not sure why EVGA hasn't pulled this product from their line, surely it doesn't help them by continuing to sell a knowingly defective product. Overall I'm still happy with EVGA.    
Lion99999
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2021/03/09 08:49:15 (permalink)
09 March 2021...just received my $26.49 Torq X5 mouse a few days ago...having the same scroll issue right out of the box, that has happened since 2014 apparently?  I quit buying Corsair mouse for scroll wheel issues & moved on to BenQ Zowie mice which have been awesome (currently S2 is my favorite).  I will open a ticket to let EVGA know and hope for the best.  I only ordered the mice to support EVGA, they were on sale, and was curious about their mice.    

I also purchased the X15 in the same order.  Other then it being a full palm grip mouse (I am a finger tip or claw gripper) It only has two annoying problems so far:

1. the side rubber is tacky to my fingers on the left side right out of the box.  My wife says she doesn't notice any tackiness where I claim it's tacky.  Maybe it's specific to my skin oils?.  I avoid all products with rubberizing now because if it gets too cold it leeches out tacky goo, or after a few years it just starts breaking down and leaves a tacky residue on my fingers.  Has happened with cheap filet knives from whalemart, remote controls, other brands of mice like kensington, rubber phone cases from amazon, etc...   
2. There are some exceptionally sharp edges as you slide your fingers across the surface of the mouse.  The upper most corners of the left/right buttons as well as the top of the sniper button on the left side, right above where your thumb rests.  

I will try the scroll in one direction on the X5 for 30 seconds trick and report back.   

***update***
Scrolled in one direction for 30 seconds.  It appeared to fix the issue for now.
post edited by Lion99999 - 2021/03/09 09:02:21
powdemonic
Re: Torq mx5 scrolling issue 2021/10/14 11:30:48 (permalink)
i too am having the same issue and all the ideas on this thread dont work the scroll wheel just seems to be faulty at the design it needs a rework.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile