Titan X drivers not installing - SOLVED

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Titan X drivers not installing 2021/01/13 16:56:55 (permalink)
ty_ger07
The GUI application doesn't HAVE to start with Windows or start minimized, though.

If you just click the Windows logo on the main screen, it will apply the most recently applied settings at every Windows boot WITHOUT launching the GUI application.

The GUI application only launches if you have "Start with Windows" selected in the settings menu.

He doesn't want the GUI application to launch with Windows, so he shouldn't select that.

I didn't say IT HAS to obviously, why argue I did?  Hopefully he won't be back asking why he can't control the voltage... However if you want to use the full functionality of the program, it is better to run that way correct? (yes of course) The OP should be aware of that reduced functionality (as apparently he has no idea of the vast feature set available) nor was his request that HE DID NOT WANT IT, only was it possible, correct? Later.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

bob16314
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8048
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 761
Re: Titan X drivers not installing 2021/01/13 21:02:22 (permalink)
irkfine
I am now looking into the use of Afterburner but does it include a way of applying modified parameters to the card at boot without starting the whole application with its user interface etc?

As already stated above, if you click "Startup" or "Apply overclocking at system startup" or "Apply at Windows Startup" on the main screen (depending on the skin), most of your settings will be applied when Windows starts regardless of whether "Start with Windows" in the Settings is enabled or not and whether Afterburner starts/runs or not.

Hover your mouse pointer over items on the main screen for a brief description as long as "Show user interface tooltips" is enabled in the Settings.

It's possible to overclock to the point where the NVIDIA driver crashes upon Windows loading, then you would have to start Windows in Safe Mode and go into the Windows Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles folder and delete the MSIAfterburner.cfg file to return Afterburner to default settings. 

MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 Beta 4 and 4.6.2 Stable/Final (as of now) Download

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile