The Witcher 3's PC version now looks better than ever

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/07/17 22:40:41 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/the_witcher_3_s_pc_version_now_looks_better_than_ever/1

The Witcher 3's PC version stands as the best incarnation of the game. It offers graphical capabilities that extend past the game's PS4 and Xbox One editions while also providing support for higher framerates. Beyond that, the PC version includes something that the console versions never will, moddability, enabling the game's enthusiastic fanbase to improve upon CD Projekt Red's already impressive work. Today, we will be highlighting one of The Witcher 3's best texture mods, The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project 10.0, which released today. 

Halk Hogan's The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project version 10.0 brings with it "over 1000 reworked textures" and "over 250 improved and reworked models". Put simply, with this mod The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt looks better than it ever has before on PC. This is especially true for users of ultra HD displays.  

The Witcher 3's HD Reworked project Mod is currently available at Nexus Mods as a free download. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

5 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10105
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: The Witcher 3's PC version now looks better than ever 2019/07/18 00:50:10 (permalink)
    It does look like they did a great job on it. I just wish that CD Project Red would have done it since I think Witcher 3 would is going to be a game people will play and talk about for over a decade. If Cyberpunk 2077 is as good as it looks I could see people going back and checking out Witcher 3.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: The Witcher 3's PC version now looks better than ever 2019/07/18 10:11:10 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    It does look like they did a great job on it. I just wish that CD Project Red would have done it since I think Witcher 3 would is going to be a game people will play and talk about for over a decade. If Cyberpunk 2077 is as good as it looks I could see people going back and checking out Witcher 3.

More likely to see GOG do it than CDPR. There is no money in it for CDPR to do it unless they do a Redux version and sell it.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2019/07/18 10:14:27
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10105
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: The Witcher 3's PC version now looks better than ever 2019/07/18 10:21:08 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Hoggle

More likely to see GOG do it than CDPR. There is no money in it for CDPR to do it unless they do a Redux version and sell it.

Hasn't that been the business model for games recently? Take a good game from a few years ago and update the graphics and re-release.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: The Witcher 3's PC version now looks better than ever 2019/07/18 11:17:12 (permalink)
    Here is the teaser video

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: The Witcher 3's PC version now looks better than ever 2019/07/18 14:39:30 (permalink)
    Installed the mod and ran it today. The environment looks a lot crisper. I'm seeing where character mods might still make sense though as many of the characters I'm not seeing as much detail in faces and skin as in the environment.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile