The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gets a VR Port

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/10/21 01:38:04 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/260316/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gets-a-vr-port

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is another addition in the Zelda universe that its fans enjoyed. Being playable on only on Nintendo Switch, and Wii U, so far its audience has been limited to people with access to one of the Nintendo's consoles. However, that is about to change. There is new port of the Zelda: Breath of the Wild, that runs on PC at 4K resolution, with unlocked framerate giving players possibility of achieving more than 60 frames per second, and is playable in VR.

Thanks to a YouTube channel BSoD Gaming, we have footage of Zelda: Breath of the Wild running in VR mode. With a PC powered by Intel Core i7 8700K and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card, this Zelda game is running above 60 FPS at 4K resolution (around 80-100 FPS). VR mode is being handled easily due to the game being not so graphically demanding, so there will be plenty of people who should be able to experience VR mode without too much trouble.

I see this as a positive for those who have VR. I don't know if this would be a good VR game for young children. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gets a VR Port 2019/10/21 04:41:41 (permalink)
    I will believe this is really going to come out when Super Mario 3 gets released by id Software for the PC. Nintendo will be shutting this down pretty quickly as they have never put anything out on another system. If Nintendo was going to support other systems they probably would release like a $60 NES controller that has all the NES classic games already installed on it. That way they are locking people into buying a Nintendo product to play it on.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gets a VR Port 2019/10/21 08:06:26 (permalink)
    The Legend of Zelda ............... OK

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile